April 28, 2024, 09:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471313 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: September 16, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »

Police Scour Garrido Property, Neighboring Yard
Investigators Seek Clues In Cold-Case Investigation

ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Deputies on their hands and knees searched an Antioch yard Wednesday next to the home of Phillip and Nancy Garrido in an effort to find clues in the cases of two girls who disappeared several years ago.

Authorities could also be seen cutting down trees and clearing brush on the Walnut Avenue property owned by the Garridos. This latest round of searching, which began Tuesday, is expected to continue for days.

"From an evidence-collecting perspective, it's very difficult. This is kind of like sifting through a landfill," J.D. Nelson from the Alameda County Sheriff's Department said. "I would describe it as somebody who's saved and collected years and years and years worth of junk."

Nelson describes the property as "large," about an acre.

MORE...

http://www.ksbw.com/news/20949811/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »

Too Late?

The police are back at the home of Phillip and Nancy Garrido.

More search teams are picking their way through the house and gardens in the hope of clues to other unsolved crimes.

Already numerous agencies have had their hands on the Walnut Avenue property in Antioch, California, and have found, among other things, a possible human bone fragment.

Word on the street is that the authorities will pull the house apart, maybe even lifting it off its foundations or demolishing it entirely, in the hunt for evidence.

But bearing in mind the number of people who have already been through the scene of the alleged crime there must be a chance that the best opportunity for evidence gathering has gone.

MORE...

http://blogs.news.sky.com/americanpie/Post:31c1cee6-7418-4e10-a63d-07e6fe5803e7
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #942 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »

As much as I'd like for the media and public to leave Jaycee alone, I do hope that LE has had a little chat with her.  She alone may be able to provide answers to LE about any other possible victims of PG, that perhaps may have also been held somewhere on the property, or disposed of. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: September 16, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »

I am hopeful that they find evidence of Michaela Garecht

I was younger then today when that girl was taken screaming right in front of witnesses..

They had a perfect drawing of him and a complete description of the vehicle.
Just terrible how LE dropped that one too.. He was close the whole time and the car was in his back yard for gods sake..

LE in these cases makes me feel everything is so hopeless and I suppose that is why we are all here in the first place. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #944 on: September 16, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »

And again.. thank you for the updates!   

I can only imagine the nightmare it must be to inch thru every bit of that property, and the adjoining one as well. 

If that were my neighborhood, I'd certainly want the entire thing bulldozed, after whichever LE dept were completely finished with it. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out someday that PG had some sort of underground bunker or some such.  A crawlspace, a little 'out-of-the-way' room inside the house, something. 

In one sense, it's a good thing he lived on that same property for so long.  And it does seem that he kept everything he's ever owned.  There's one pic that was posted, of the inside of the house itself.  And there was only a pathway between piles of ..... stuff. 

I do hope they have brought cadaver dogs to search every inch as well. 

Cadaver dogs have, in the past, been able to detect the death scent even below cement, and inside walls.  Sooooo....... Here's hoping a thorough inspection is made, while LE has the opportunity. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »

I am hopeful that they find evidence of Michaela Garecht

I was younger then today when that girl was taken screaming right in front of witnesses..

They had a perfect drawing of him and a complete description of the vehicle.
Just terrible how LE dropped that one too.. He was close the whole time and the car was in his back yard for gods sake..

LE in these cases makes me feel everything is so hopeless and I suppose that is why we are all here in the first place. 

I agree Edward! 

I'm torn tho, in thinking of the loved ones of the others who are missing.  On the one hand, finding Jaycee alive after all these years gives the families of other missing loved ones renewed hope for their own.  On the other hand, if no sign of their loved one is found...... sigh. 

If I had another hand, it must be so frustrating for those families too, as it's realized how very badly the officials have handled this particular case in the past.  Cuz those families of the other missing loved ones may have been only holding on with the thought that the officials likely have done all that possibly could have been done......... To find out how badly these officials blew it, and so many of them, in so many different ways...... my gosh.  Am thinking it could just bring them renewed anguish along with the renewed hope.   If that makes sense.

Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »

Are these new bones that they found?

Investigators: Bones Found On Garrido's Property
Police To Search Phillip And Nancy Garrido's Property A Second Time While Reviewing Other Missing Person's Cases
http://cbs13.com/jayceelee/bones.found.garrido.2.1188794.html

Investigators are back at the Northern California home of a couple already charged with one child abduction seeking any evidence that might link them to two other cases in the 1980s, and bones have been found on the property.

It is not known if the remains are human or animal in origin.

Authorities from several San Francisco Bay area agencies descended on Phillip and Nancy Garrido's property for the second day Wednesday seeking clues that may tie the couple to the disappearances of Michaela Garecht in Hayward and Ilene Misheloff in Dublin.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #947 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »

CNN:  Police to be holding a Live briefing on search of Garrido home

http://topics.cnn.com/topics/phillip_garrido
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #948 on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »

That's weird, I don't see anything on tv about a briefing. Couldn't get any video to load either.... Maybe it's an old one?
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #949 on: September 16, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

Ok....now KCRA is also saying Bones found!
http://www.kcra.com/news/20942069/detail.html

The bones were found on the Garrido property, as well as a neighboring yard, officials said.

"We found a few on the secondary property and one on the primary Garrido residence property," Orrey said.

Orrey said the bones are being examined and have been sent to a laboratory

Bones Found In Search Of Garrido Property
Carport Taken Down During Investigation, Police Say

POSTED: 5:57 am PDT September 16, 2009
UPDATED: 4:58 pm PDT September 16, 2009

ANTIOCH, Calif. --
Bones were found during a search of the Antioch property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido, officials said Wednesday. However, it's unknown if those bones are human or animal.

Deputies on their hands and knees searched the area in an effort to find clues in the cases of two girls who disappeared several years ago.

Hayward police Lt. Christine Orrey said some structures were also taken down, including a carport, during the search.

Authorities could also be seen cutting down trees and clearing brush on the Walnut Avenue property owned by the Garridos. This latest round of searching, which began Tuesday, is expected to continue for days.

"From an evidence-collecting perspective, it's very difficult. This is kind of like sifting through a landfill," J.D. Nelson from the Alameda County Sheriff's Department said. "I would describe it as somebody who's saved and collected years and years and years worth of junk."

Nelson describes the property as "large," about an acre.

The bones were found on the Garrido property, as well as a neighboring yard, officials said.

"We found a few on the secondary property and one on the primary Garrido residence property," Orrey said.

Orrey said the bones are being examined and have been sent to a laboratory.

Investigators plan to go through more debris Thursday in preparation for bringing in search dogs, as well as high-tech equipment that will help police find any evidence that might be underground, Orrey said.

The Garridos are being held in a Placerville jail in connection with the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was found safe in the Bay Area last month.

Police allege that Phillip Garrido, a convicted sex offender, fathered two girls with Dugard and forced her live in the back yard of his Antioch home.

Hayward police Lt. Christine Orrey said her department is looking for clues to the kidnapping of Michaela Garecht in 1988, including the clothes she was wearing when the then-9-year-old was snatched outside of a supermarket.

Dublin police are also looking for links to the kidnapping of 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff in 1989.

Investigators have not been able to question the Garridos in connection to the two other cases, nor have they been able to talk to Dugard about what she might know about them, according to officials.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-garrido0916,0,7005607.story

Authorities Find Bones On Garrido Property

By: Matthew Keys FOX40 News
September 16, 2009

Authorities Find Bones On Garrido Property
ANTIOCH - Investigators report the discovery of bones on the property belonging to registered sex offender Phillip Garrido, currently on trial for the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991.

Authorities from the Hayward and Dublin Police Departments, investigating the disappearances of Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garecht, told reporters the bones were discovered while searching Garrido's property sometime between yesterday and today. It's unclear whether the bones are human or animal.

At a press conference Tuesday morning, Lieutenant Chris Orrey with the Hayward Police Department told reporters numerous similarities between the Jaycee Lee Dugard case and the cases of Misheloff and Garecht led authorities to obtain a search warrant to scour the grounds of Phillip Garrido's Contra Costa County home.

Dublin Police Department's Lieutenant Kurt von Savoye said the break in the Jaycee Lee Dugard case brought new light and new hope into the cases of the missing two girls.

"There is no eyewitness who can say with certainty that she was abducted and the physical evidence to date has been limited," von Savoye said in regard to the Misheloff case.

Authorities say they have not interviewed Jaycee Lee Dugard, and nothing Jaycee has told authorities with the FBI in other interviews have led them to believe there may be a connection between suspect Phillip Garrido and the other two missing girls.

At an afternoon press conference, the mother of one of those two girls told reporters the eyewitness to her daughter's abduction said Garrido had similarities to Garecht's abductor.

"She has said he [Garrido] looks just as much like the kidnapper as anyone she's seen," Garecht's mother, Sharon Murch, said Tuesday afternoon.

Michaela Garecht, born in January 1979, disappeared from Hayward, California on November 19th, 1988.

Ilene Misheloff, born in March 1975, disappeared from the streets of Dublin on January 30th, 1989. A $90,000 reward was offered for information relating to her disappearance.

Both girls were believed to be abducted by a Caucasian male driving an American-made gold car, according to case information.

Convicted sex offender Phillip Garrido, along with his wife Nancy Garrido, are currently on trial for the abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who went missing from her South Lake Tahoe-area home in 1991. Dugard was found living with Phillip Garrido in August after a parole officer received a tip from UC Berkeley police, who spotted Garrido with Dugard and two young girls on the school's campus handing out religious literature. The two girls spotted alongside Garrido are now believed to be the children of Jaycee Lee Dugard, fathered with the convicted sex offender during her time at Garrido's Antioch home.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #951 on: September 16, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »

Hmmm..  it seems more is being found out, or being revealed than what they originally have said.  Cuz we were waiting for tests on "a bone" that was found before in the adjoining yard. 

Now it's "bones" (plural), found in both yards. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »

I still say I believe we will find out that Jaycee had more than the 2 girls by him.  I believe she has told LE this and that is one of the reasons they are looking for more evidence. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »

I still say I believe we will find out that Jaycee had more than the 2 girls by him.  I believe she has told LE this and that is one of the reasons they are looking for more evidence. 

I totally agree Klaas....

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard Misses Her Mini Zoo

Lee Dugard Misses Her Mini Zoo Kidnapping victim Jaycee Lee Dugard and her two children were not the only residents of the tents and huts in the Garridos' backyard in Antioch: there were also five cats, a Labrador mix, a Rottweiler mix, three cockatiels, a pigeon and a mouse. Jaycee Lee and her daughters are now eager to get their pets back, and have been speaking to Contra Costa Animal Control who have been caring for the animals. We're not clear on what the delay is in getting them back -- not like there's any evidence hidden in the cats -- but we just have to say right now that while we hope for all the best for Jaycee Lee, we have to draw the line at keeping a pigeon for a pet.

http://sfist.com/2009/09/17/jaycee_lee_dugard_misses_her_mini_z.php
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: September 17, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

I totally agree Klaas....

I believe we will find out about those two four year olds.  I have a bad feeling if she had a child that was a boy that he would not have fit into scumbags plans.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »

NEW PHOTOS: Police Continue To Dig Up Jaycee Dugard Crime Scene

Police collected a bone fragment from the home of Jaycee Dugard's accused kidnappers Phil and Nancy Garrido on Wednesday and RadarOnline.com has exclusive new photos of the crime scene.

Click here to see new photos of the Jaycee Dugard crime scene.

Garrido's house is still being combed by authorities in connection with the Dugard kidnapping and police are also looking for a link to two other young girls that disappeared in the area around the same time Dugard was taken. The other cases cops are investigating are those of Michaela Garecht, a Hayward, California girl who was 9-years-old when she went missing in Nov. 1998; and Ilene Misheloff, a Dublin, California girl who was 13-years-old when she went missing in 1989.

In the new photos of the Garrido house you can see the massive excavation project as police eliminated a carport, a shed brush, trash and other debris on the property. Once the sites have been combed thoroughly, authorities will deploy dogs and high-tech search tools to find any more evidence on the property of the accused pedophile/kidnapper Garrido.

MORE...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/new-photos-police-continue-dig-jaycee-dugard-crime-scene

NEW PHOTOS  http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/20939/2009/09/cops-continue-investigation-jacyee-dugard-case

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: September 17, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »

Search continues at Garrido's property

UNINCORPORATED ANTIOCH, CA (KGO) -- Investigators are searching the property of accused kidnapper and rapist Phillip Garrido for a third day. Bones that were found there on Wednesday are now undergoing testing.

Investigators are looking for clues in the disappearances of two other missing girls, Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff, both kidnapped in the 1980s. Jaycee Dugard was rescued from the property last month, after 18 years of captivity.

Investigators brought out a device that can look down into the ground, like an X-Ray, for skeletal remains.
The search teams came on to the property before sunrise, first they brought one cadaver dog, then another, then still another. They searched the backyard of Phillip Garrido's next door neighbor and then the Garrido backyard. The dogs went up and down and back and forth, they went into a shed on the next door neighbor's property. But at no time did the dogs obviously identify a scent, despite the urging of one search team member to go find a bone.
In Phillip Garrido's back yard police tore apart a shed; they also loaded items into a truck and hauled it away. The last official word on the search came Wednesday.
"We have located what appear to be bones on both properties. We can't tell at this point if those bones are human or animal. They're going to have to be sent out for further lab work to make that determination," said Hayward Police Dept. Lt. Chris Orrey.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7019468
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: September 17, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »

Garrido Property Search Hot, Dirty Work

ANTIOCH, CA - The two Antioch properties being searched in the cases of two East Bay girls missing since the late 1980s total only about an acre. But investigators have to go through and clear truckloads of debris and dismantle structures in what is turning out to be a search lasting several days.

Searchers on Wednesday found what appeared to be bones on the property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido and that of the neighboring property being searched to which Garrido had access.

"We can't tell at this point if those bones are human or animal. They're going to have to be sent out for further lab work to make that determination," said Lt. Chris Orrey with the Hayward Police Department.

Personnel from the Hayward and Dublin police departments, Contra Costa County and Alameda County sheriff's departments, and FBI are looking for anything that might tie into the 1988abduction of Michaela Garecht in Hayward or the 1989disappearance of Ilene Misheloff from Dublin. Authorities said they obtained search warrants after seeing several similarities between the disappearances of Garecht and Misheloff and that of Jaycee Dugard. The Garridos have been charged with the kidnapping, rape and imprisonment of Dugard who was taken from South Lake Tahoe in 1991.

Orrey said WEdnesday that the interior of the home on the adjacent property and above ground had been searched. As for the Garridos' property, Orrey said about three truckloads of debris had been removed and there were eight to 15 more truckloads to go.

MORE...

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=67089&catid=2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: September 17, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

Cadaver Dogs Search Garrido Property

Investigators brought cadaver dogs to the Antioch property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido Thursday morning.  They are the couple suspected of kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991.

The dogs arrived one day after search crews announced they found several bones on the Garrido property and the property next door to the Garridos.

They said they did not know if the bones were human or animal.

Investigators from Hayward and Dublin joined the hunt Tuesday in hopes of finding clues to two missing childs' cases.

Hayward officers were at the property seeking information related to the case of Michaela Garecht, who was abducted in 1998 at age 9 outside of a Hayward grocery store.

Dublin investigators are there looking for ties to Ilene Misheloff, who was 13 when she disappeared in 1989.

Hayward police officer Chris Orrey said they "found a few bones on the neighbor's property" and one bone on Garrido's property. All of the bones were found in the yard.

Orrey said she had not seen the bones and could not describe them.

The original search of the properties by investigators in the Jaycee Dugard case found a bone fragment which authorities have said it is likely a human bone.   Tests are still being performed on that bone.

MORE...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/breaking/More-Bones-Found-on-Garrido-Property-59554652.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.