April 28, 2024, 12:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 471255 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: September 17, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

Search of Accused Jaycee Dugard Kidnappers' Property Turns Up More Bone Fragments

A methodical search of Jaycee Dugard's accused kidnappers' property for evidence in the disappearances of two young girls has turned up several more bone fragments, though it is not known whether the pieces are human.

Investigators have been seen ripping down the sheds and tents on Phillip Garrido's property, and also crawling on their hands and knees, patting the ground and sifting through soil. Garrido and his wife, Nancy, allegedly kept Jaycee Dugard prisoner in their backyard for 18 years, and officials say he is the father of her two children.

While the search could go on for days, authorities say they've found nothing that breaks open the cases of 9-year-old Michaela Garecht and 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff, who were kidnapped in 1988 and 1989.

MORE...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bones-found-phillip-garrido-property-intensive-search/story?id=8600688
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: September 17, 2009, 05:49:24 PM »

Concerning Michaela Garecht

Life never the same for kidnapped girl's friend

the memories flood back for Katrina Rodriguez.

On a Saturday morning in 1988, the 9-year-old girl and her spunky best friend, Michaela Garecht, parked their scooters outside a store near their Hayward homes. They bought soda, beef jerky and Laffy Taffy, and when they noticed that one scooter was missing, they split up to find it.

"I looked up when I heard a scream," Rodriguez, now 29, recalled Wednesday, "and I saw a man putting her into his car. She was still screaming. I just stood and watched, frozen in shock."

Michaela, who was also 9, hasn't been seen since. And her friend has never been the same.

Rodriguez spoke as police searched for possible links to Michaela's abduction - as well as the disappearance two months later of 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff of Dublin - at the property outside Antioch where Phillip Craig Garrido and his wife, Nancy Garrido, allegedly held Jaycee Dugard for 18 years.

The search is providing fresh hope to Michaela's family and an opportunity to renew attention on her case after so many years.

Rodriguez, who lives in another state and asked to be identified by her maiden name, said she had looked at pictures of Phillip Garrido from the 1980s and had been struck by the similarities to the man who grabbed Michaela.

Michaela's abductor, Rodriguez said, was tall and slender like Garrido, and drove a car that was similar in shape - though different in color - to a sedan towed from the Garrido compound soon after his arrest last month.

"I really thought that out of all of the pictures I've seen, at least recently, he looks more like the kidnapper than anyone else," Rodriguez said. "I think there's good cause to look at him as a suspect."

Rodriguez said she didn't see anyone else with Michaela's kidnapper on Nov. 19, 1988. As the abductor drove out of the parking lot of what was then the Rainbow Market on Mission Boulevard, Michaela wasn't visible, as if she had been pushed to the floorboards, Rodriguez said.

"I ran inside and told the clerk, and she called the police," she said.

In an instant, Rodriguez had lost her best friend.

Her parents stopped allowing her to be home alone in the afternoon, instead putting her in after-school care. Three years later, she said, her parents divorced, in part because of fractures that opened after the abduction.

The "big trauma in my life," as Rodriguez calls it, is never far away.

Rodriguez, a youth minister at a church, says she is an emotional person, cries easily, and can't watch movies about kidnappings or psychopaths.

At age 17, she agreed to appear on Maury Povich's television show to talk about Michaela. She was stunned by an airing of a 911 call that included her young and frightened voice - a tape she had never heard before.

Even more jarring was the subpoena she received in 2002 from attorneys for the late Larry Graham, an Antioch man who was eventually convicted of raping and strangling 5-year-old Angela Bugay in 1983.

The lawyers, noting that Angela was kidnapped five years to the day before Michaela, theorized that the girls had been abducted by the same man and said Graham had an alibi for the day of the Hayward crime. Rodriguez said her cross-examination by a prosecutor, intended to attack the premise, felt like an attack on her.

"I got hammered," she said.

Rodriguez said Michaela's abduction made her grow up faster and "left a hole in my heart. Especially when you don't know what happened and don't have any kind of closure. The hole just gets reopened, over and over."

But her pain, she said, is a small thing compared with that of Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, who has never given up looking for her.

She also knows it can't compare to whatever suffering Michaela had to endure.

"I feel so sad that Michaela hasn't had the experiences I've been able to have," she said. "I was able to go to college, get married, have kids, have a normal life.

"I'm always going to be more overprotective than other moms, and a little more afraid of the dark. But compared to what Michaela had, I'm blessed."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/16/BA7E19O5F1.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0RP2Q7N9g
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: September 17, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #963 on: September 17, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:48:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: September 17, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551740,00.html?test=latestnews

Dogs Possibly Find Human Remains at Jaycee Kidnap Suspect's Home
Thursday , September 17, 2009

Authorities investigating two missing girl cases said Thursday that cadaver dogs picked up a scent that could indicate buried remains in the backyard of a Northern California couple already charged in a kidnapping.

PHOTOS: Missing Girl Found 18 Years Later

Alameda County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said two dogs "indicated" on a site in Phillip and Nancy Garrido's backyard. But he cautioned that the area is known to have buried remains from Native Americans and animals.

The Garridos are charged with the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard, who was snatched outside her South Lake Tahoe home when she was an 11. Prosecutors say the Garridos held her captive in their backyard for 18 years. The couple has pleaded not guilty.

Since the Garridos' Aug. 26 arrest, their California home has become a focal point of investigators reviewing outstanding kidnapping cases in the San Francisco Bay area. Their lawyers are not discussing the property searches.

Authorities are seeking any evidence on the property that may link the Garridos to the 1988 abduction of Michaela Garecht outside a market. Police are looking for clues that may tie the couple to the 1989 disappearance of Ilene Misheloff.

Nelson would not say where in the yard the dogs picked up a scent and warned of false positives.

Investigators planned to use high-tech radar equipment to scan the site on Friday. They would start digging if the radar gives more specific information about what is underground, Nelson said.

Cadaver dogs are trained to sniff for the scent of a decomposing body and can catch smells of up to two or three feet (one meter), Nelson said.

"They picked up a scent that may or may not be a sign of some remains," Nelson said. "The first dog was very tentative on its indication. The second dog was more direct and indicating directly."

On Wednesday, police recovered a bone fragment on the Garrido property and several more in a next door neighbor's yard that also was being searched by investigators because Phillip Garrido had access to it.

Tests are being done to determine if the bones are human or animal, officials said.

Investigators continued clearing trash and brush from the backyard that was outfitted with tents, sheds, an above ground pool and showers, and have collected personal items that they wouldn't identify that they say belong to Dugard.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: September 17, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »

New images. The conditins that they lived in are disgusting.  How that neighbour coudl go on tv and say that the mdia is making it up is beyond me.

Photos Provide Glimpse Inside Garrido Home
Antioch Home Condemned After Jaycee Lee Dugard Surfaced

ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A child's sneaker lies in the sand. Dishes are stacked in the kitchen sink. And a box of crayons sits next to a filthy fish tank.

Those are some of the 102 images that appear in newly-released photographs of the home of Phillip and Nancy Garrido in Antioch.

Authorities allege that the Garridos kidnapped Jaycee Dugard in 1991, that Phillip Garrido fathered two daughters with her and that the couple held all three captive for several years.

Contra Costa County building inspectors took the photographs on Aug. 31 when they condemned the property at 1554 Walnut Avenue as unsafe to occupy. KCRA 3 obtained the photographs from the building department on Thursday through an official public records act request.

Many of the photographs show piles of boxes, mattresses, and debris in the back yard. Others show a wooden shed with makeshift electrical wiring and metal bars on the window. Also visible in the piles are two Barbie-style dolls and a stuffed panda.

There is a damaged above-ground swimming pool, a child's bicycle and a plastic white toilet.

The interior rooms are in a state of disarray, with pieces of furniture piled on top of one another and papers strewn on the floor.

Pots and dishes fill the kitchen sink and cover the counters and stove. Cupboards are open. A can of pinto beans, a jar of peanut butter and a box of crackers sit on a microwave oven stand.

In another room, a projection screen sits against a wall and a computer sits on a dark wooden desk. Above the computer, apparently taped to the wall, are printed definitions of the words "faith" and "truth."

MORE....

http://www.kcra.com/news/20972002/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: September 17, 2009, 11:29:15 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:49:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: September 18, 2009, 07:18:10 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551840,00.html
Alleged Jaycee Kidnappers Lived in Squalor

A visit by building inspectors to the home of the alleged kidnappers of Jaycee Dugard revealed the squalor they lived amid in their California home.

Contra Costa County building inspectors examined Phillip and Nancy Garrido's home August 31 at the request of the sheriff's office and determined it to be unsafe to occupy.

Newly released photos taken by inspectors revealed the filth and waste that filled the home.

Among the violations reportedly found that were listed by inspectors were "hazardous wiring used for occupancy, piles of garbage, refuse, discarded furniture, discarded appliances, yard cuttings, cardboard boxes and barrels, discarded personal and household items, improperly stored non operational vehicles, vehicle parts, tarps, plastic and metal buckets, open septic hole and outside toilet that is not connected to a sewer or septic system."

The Contra Costa Times reported Phillip Garrido's mother, who is the registered owner of the home, was ordered to clean up the property before county officials conduct a cleaning at her expense.

Meanwhile, authorities said Thursday that cadaver dogs picked up a scent that could indicate buried remains in the backyard of the Garridos.
Alameda County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said two dogs "indicated" on a site in their backyard. But he cautioned that the area is known to have buried remains from Native Americans and animals.

The Garridos are charged with the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard, who was snatched outside her South Lake Tahoe home when she was an 11. Prosecutors say the Garridos held her captive in their backyard for 18 years. The couple has pleaded not guilty.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #968 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »

I still say I believe we will find out that Jaycee had more than the 2 girls by him.  I believe she has told LE this and that is one of the reasons they are looking for more evidence. 

I totally agree Klaas....

I believe we will find out about those two four year olds.  I have a bad feeling if she had a child that was a boy that he would not have fit into scumbags plans.

BINGO

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: September 18, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:50:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:02 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:51:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: September 18, 2009, 02:25:36 PM »

Garrido searchers prepare to look for bones

(09-18) 10:38 PDT ANTIOCH -- Investigators plan to haul out heaps of debris and tear out at least two concrete slabs today in back of the home of kidnap-rape suspects Phillip Craig Garrido and his wife, Nancy Garrido, so that bone-sniffing dogs can have a clear area to search Monday.

Two dogs trained to detect human remains showed interest in a spot in the Garridos' yard Thursday on Walnut Avenue just outside Antioch, so investigators want to hone in on that area as efficiently as possible, Hayward police Lt. Chris Orrey said this morning in front of the property.

Teams from several law enforcement agencies have been combing the Garridos' property since Tuesday, as well as one next door where Phillip Garrido spent time, for clues to the 1980s disappearance of two East Bay girls.

Despite having hauled out 13 truckloads of junk and weeds, the back yards of both places are still too clogged with debris, sheds and concrete for the dogs to do their best work, Orrey said.

"Instead of bringing them in multiple times, we want them to be able to concentrate efficiently," she said. That search won't happen until at least Monday, she said, because clearing the debris is an all-day job and investigators are taking the weekend off.

The bone-sniffing dogs, supplied by the Santa Clara County sheriff's office, are different from this week's cadaver-sniffing dogs, which hunt more generally for remains.

Investigators said they want bone-specific dogs because they suspect any remains would be old, possibly even from Native American tribes whose bones have been found in the region before.

Several bones were found in the yards Wednesday, and technicians are testing them to see if they are human or animal. A bone fragment found during earlier searches next door to the Garridos' home is probably human, but no further identification has been made, authorities said.

MORE....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/18/BAMK19P6J5.DTL&tsp=1

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: September 18, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »

Police use radar at Garrido home as search continues

Investigators searching the property of kidnap suspect Phillip Garrido used a ground-penetrating radar Friday to examine a spot where cadaver dogs picked up a possible scent of human remains.

Police have been poring over Garrido's property in Antioch, east of San Francisco, this week looking for links between the convicted rapist and the abductions of two young girls who vanished during the 1980s.

The search comes after Garrido and his wife were arrested for the 1991 abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was discovered alive last month after being kept in a secret backyard prison for 18 years.

Police said Thursday that two cadaver-sniffing dogs had found a possible human scent at an area of Garrido's property.

Investigators Friday were using a radar to scrutinize the spot in question while stressing they had not found any physical evidence tying Garrido to the disappearance of Michaela Garecht, 9, and Ilene Misheloff, 13.

MORE....

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Police_use_radar_at_Garrido_home_as_09182009.html
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »

I am crazed from looking at the pictures of the Garrido's house and yard. Not only are they truely despicable people, they are also filthy and nasty.  You couldn't even walk through that house! It looks like they were both hoarders, and a lot of the stuff, especially in the back yard, looked like they picked up things from the curb and from dumpsters.   

I don't know if things would have been much better for Jaycee and her girls to live inside that horrible house. I cannot even fathom what their lives must have been like.   

I will never again say that my house is a mess. I get physically ill just thinking what I have just seen.  I will be praying every day for Jaycee and her daughters.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #974 on: September 18, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

I am crazed from looking at the pictures of the Garrido's house and yard. Not only are they truely despicable people, they are also filthy and nasty.  You couldn't even walk through that house! It looks like they were both hoarders, and a lot of the stuff, especially in the back yard, looked like they picked up things from the curb and from dumpsters.   

I don't know if things would have been much better for Jaycee and her girls to live inside that horrible house. I cannot even fathom what their lives must have been like.   

I will never again say that my house is a mess. I get physically ill just thinking what I have just seen.  I will be praying every day for Jaycee and her daughters.  an angelic monkey
Unbelievable, I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open in shock. So glad that the animals/pets will be going home with them.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: September 18, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

that house is disgusting!! how can people live like that??? I would be nuts!

sorry if this is a repeat, I am a few pages behind, but did anyone see The National Enquirer dated September 21 that has a photo of Jaycee in there? people are saying that it is her photo from a business card that nutso had passed out to people for their printing business...could not find it on the web or I would have provided a link...If it is Jaycee, she is a knockout beautiful girl!  somehow I don't think that it is her, but maybe...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #976 on: September 18, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »

A BIG thank you to those providing the updates!!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #977 on: September 18, 2009, 03:27:14 PM »

I agree with y'all about the disgusting mess the house and the back area was in.  I cannot for a moment understand how anyone could live in such squalor such as the main house was in.  No room except a lil pathway thru the mess to walk.  And the kitchen!     There's NO excuse for that, none!  IMO. 

My heart goes out to those doing the searching, who have to actually find a way to sift thru that disgusting mess.  Cannot even imagine how difficult it must be.  After looking at the kitchen sink area, my first thought was... where would one even begin, in looking for any sign of clues, etc?  It's no wonder, IMO, that they bundled the chit off into trucks, and still aren't even halfway thru the doing of that. 

And I have to wonder about the folks who've been interviewed, who've said that they went to the main house, to pick up business orders etc.  We saw the livingroom earlier on.  Didn't they?  The parole officer supposedly actually went inside the house so he reports.  That he walked thru and to the back, looked out a window, went into the backyard.  And based alone on that disgusting mess in the livingroom and kitchen, (which IMO didn't get that way overnight), didn't it occur to any of these folks to wonder WTH??

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: September 18, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

How and when did this man become a registered sex offender ? anyone know ?
He was not apparently one when he kidnapped Jaycee... I do not think that this law existed yet about registering them as sex offenders and the law was not retroactive..

I am not sure so I am just asking if anyone knows..

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: September 18, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »

that house is disgusting!! how can people live like that??? I would be nuts!

sorry if this is a repeat, I am a few pages behind, but did anyone see The National Enquirer dated September 21 that has a photo of Jaycee in there? people are saying that it is her photo from a business card that nutso had passed out to people for their printing business...could not find it on the web or I would have provided a link...If it is Jaycee, she is a knockout beautiful girl!  somehow I don't think that it is her, but maybe...

I provided a link to it a few pages back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.