May 28, 2024, 07:18:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 473886 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

If anyone finds a live link to the presser can you post?  TIA, Lovinlife

If I am around and see it I will.  HLN said a bit ago that it was scheduled for 6pm EST but seems it should be sooner.
Dang football practice 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department and FBI are planning to hold a news conference Thursday at 3 p.m (PST). to discuss the missing person case of Jaycee Dugard.

News10 will live stream the presser as it happens on News10.net.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

Family prepares to meet daughter missing since 1991
August 27, 2009 By McClatchy Newspapers

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was abducted from her South Lake Tahoe home as an 11-year-old in 1991, is being reunited with family Thursday after surfacing in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Thursday morning confirmed the identity of the woman who walked into a Bay Area police station claiming to be Dugard.

Carl Probyn, Jaycee’s stepfather, said his wife and daughter were flying to Northern California to meet Dugard, now 29, who disappeared on June 10, 1991.

Probyn told The Sacramento Bee Thursday morning that his wife, Terry, spoke with the young woman by phone Wednesday night.

The Probyns, who are separated, live in Southern California, Carl in Orange County and Terry in Riverside. Terry Probyn and their daughter, Shayna, 19, boarded a 6 a.m. flight to the Bay Area to meet with Dugard, Carl Probyn said.

Probyn said he is elated.

“I’m just pleased that she is alive and well,” said Probyn, a 60-year-old Orange County wallpaper contractor.

Probyn, who has yet to speak with his stepdaughter, said he believes suspects who might have been involved with the abduction are in custody.

The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department has scheduled a 3 p.m.news conference to discuss the case. The news conference will be at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds, sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. James Byers wrote in a news release said.

Dugard’s disappearance prompted a massive search, nationwide publicity and one of the largest police investigations in the region.

Dugard was on her way to school when authorities said she was pulled into a stranger’s car just a block away from her South Lake Tahoe home.

Probyn said he heard her scream and saw a man and a woman drive his stepdaughter away in a gray two-tone sedan.

Despite several false sightings, Dugard was never seen again.

One person in the car was described as a 30-year-old woman with long, dark hair. Jaycee was last seen dressed in a pink windbreaker, white T-shirt and pink stretch pants.

The stepfather said Shayna Probyn called Wednesday about 4 p.m. and said, “Mom has something to say to you. Are you sitting down?”

His wife told him: “They found Jaycee. She is alive.”

The couple then cried for about 10 minutes as they spoke to each other. Probyn said agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation called his wife at work and told her that they had Jaycee. Thinking it was a joke, she told the caller she did not appreciate what she thought was a ruse.

The FBI then put the young woman on the telephone.

“My wife said that who she spoke to remembers everything,” Carl Probyn said. “My wife and Jaycee were joined at the hip.”

He said he followed media accounts of a young woman walking into an Antioch, Calif., police station and then was taken to the Concord Police station.

Probyn was the last person to see Jaycee on the day she disappeared. He took four lie detector tests and endured suspicion of involvement in the abduction for nearly two decades.

“The FBI put me through the wringer, being questioned and having people say the stepdad did something,” he said. “I have been kind of the villain these past 18 years.”

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/family-prepares-to-meet-daughter-missing-since-1991-1.1398920
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

Cops believe 1991 kidnap victim found alive
August 27, 2009 14:40 EDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Sheriff's officials in California say they're "99 percent sure" that a woman who says she was kidnapped 18 years ago when she was 11 years old is telling the truth.

In 1991, Jaycee Lee Dugard was abducted in front of her South Lake Tahoe home as she headed to a school bus stop. Witnesses reported that a vehicle with two people drove up to Dugard and abducted her.

Now, she has apparently turned up. Police say they've done an investigation, and have tentatively identified the woman who recently walked into a police station as Dugard.

Her family has been contacted, and they are in the process of arranging a meeting.

Two people are in custody, but police aren't elaborating.

Dugard's stepfather, meanwhile, says the news is like winning the lottery. He says getting her back alive, with her remembering things from the past, and having people in custody, is a "triple win."

http://www.kgan.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/26bfed8a-www.kgan.com.shtml
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »

Cops believe 1991 kidnap victim found alive
  By JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press Writer Juliet Williams, Associated Press Writer   – 9 mins ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Sheriff's officials said Thursday they believe a woman who walked into a police station had been kidnapped as an 11-year-old in 1991 outside her South Lake Tahoe home. Two people were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping.

The woman came into a San Francisco Bay area police station and said she was Jaycee Lee Dugard, a blond, ponytailed girl when she was abducted as she headed to a school bus stop 18 years ago, said sheriff's Lt. Les Lovell of the El Dorado Sheriff's Department.
"We're 99 percent sure it's her," Lovell said. He said DNA tests were being conducted. The woman was in good health. It was not immediately clear when she had surfaced at the station.

Lovell said Concord police did an investigation after the woman surfaced, and he received a call Wednesday from investigators who had tentatively identified her as Dugard.

Her family has been contacted and they are in the process of arranging a meeting, said Lovell, who was a detective assigned to help investigate the kidnapping in 1991. "We are very confident at this point in time that it is her."

Jimmie Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department, said FBI and El Dorado sheriff's deputies arrested two suspects Wednesday night. They were being held in the Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez.

Lee said the two were being held for investigation of several charges, including kidnapping, but he could not elaborate.

Law enforcement sources said authorities were also searching a home in Antioch.

Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, said the news was like winning the lottery.

"To have this happen where we get her back alive, and where she remembers things from the past, and to have people in custody is a triple win," he told The Sacramento Bee.

Witnesses reported that a vehicle with two people drove up to Dugard and abducted her while her stepfather was watching on June 10, 1991, the Sheriff's Department said in a news release Thursday.
In media reports at the time, the girl's stepfather said he heard Jaycee scream then jumped on a bicycle and frantically pedaled after the car in a failed effort to follow it up a hill. He then turned around and screamed at neighbors to call 911.

The case attracted national attention and was featured on TV's "America's Most Wanted," which broadcast a composite drawing of a suspect seen in the car.

Probyn said his wife, Terry, had spoken with Dugard by phone on Wednesday. He said the mother and their 19-year-old daughter were flying from their Southern California home to meet with Dugard in Northern California.

Investigators first visited with his wife about three weeks ago, he said.

Probyn said he endured years of suspicion from FBI agents who believed he may have been involved in the abduction. He eventually lost hope that he would ever see his stepdaughter alive.

"Then you pray that you get her body back so there is an ending," Probyn said.

Lovell said investigators have been working the case consistently since she was abducted and new leads had surfaced over time.

"You bet it's a surprise. This is not the normal resolution to a kidnapping," he said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »

I cannot even fathom what this poor girl endured for 19 years with this SOB (http://sfist.com/2009/08/27/kidnapped_girls_alleged_abductor_wi.php) .  Thank god she's free and can begin the healing process.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »

Map: The Jaycee Lee Dugard case

Published: Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009 - 11:42 am
Key locations in the 1991 abduction of 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard and today's developments.

Source: Bee research, Bee files
http://www.sacbee.com/links/story/2143813.html
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »

If I am around and see it I will.  HLN said a bit ago that it was scheduled for 6pm EST but seems it should be sooner.

Thanks ANJ.
(be sure and eat)

(again - already? )

http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default-on.aspx?menuid=181
StreAMING LIVE COVERAGE
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 03:00:56 PM »

Missing girl Jaycee Lee Dugard walks into police station, 18 years on

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl was 11 years old when she was abducted from outside her home near Lake Tahoe in California. She was never seen again.

After almost two decades, the only hope her parents had left was that, one day, her body would be found.

But tonight that same little girl, Jaycee Lee Dugard, was being reunited with her family as a 29-year-old woman, after walking into a police station and revealing her identity to the officer on duty.

After interviews and DNA tests, it thought that Jaycee’s story has now been confirmed, bringing an extraordinary end to a missing persons case that in 1991 attracted the same kind of media frenzy that Madeleine McCann’s disappearance generated two years ago.

Meanwhile, two suspects in the kidnapping have been taken into custody.

“After 18 years, you do give up hope - this is a miracle,” said the girl’s stepfather, Carl Probyn, 60, in an interview with a local television station, KTVU.

Mr Probyn was standing in his family driveway on June 10, 1991, when he saw a grey car pull up beside the bus stop where his step-daughter was waiting, on her way to school.

Then someone reached out, grabbed her, and sped off. On the FBI’s 'wanted’ poster still active on the agency’s web page as of today, the suspects are described as a man and a woman.

But in spite of a massive search operation, several witnesses, and the fact that Miss Dugard was wearing a distinctive pink jacket and pink trousers, no arrests were made, and Jaycee was never found. Police never gave up on the case, and as recently as 2002, a former priest’s home was raided in connection with the little girl’s disappearance, although no evidence was found.

The Probyn’s marriage suffered after their daughter's abduction, and they eventually separated. Carl Probyn now lives in Orange County, while the girl’s mother, Terry Probyn, lives in the LA suburb of Riverside. The couple now have another daughter, Shayna, who is 19 years old.

Mr Probyn today told local reporters that he’d received a phone call from his daughter at about 4pm yesterday. “Mum has something to say to you,” she said. “Are you sitting down?” Then his wife came on the line and said, through tears, “They found Jaycee. She’s alive.”

According to Mr Probyn, his wife had been told the news by an FBI agent who called her at work. At first, she thought it was a prank call. Then the agent put Jaycee on the phone.

“My wife talked with her and is convinced she is Jaycee,” said Mr Probyn. “Jaycee remembers everything.”

Jaycee’s mother and half-sister took a 6am flight today to the town of Concord, near where Jaycee reappeared, so they could be reunited. Concord is about 170 miles southwest - a three hour car journey from South Lake Tahoe.

Because Mr Probyn, a Vietnam veteran, was the last person to see Jaycee before her disappearance, he immediately fell under police suspicion during the missing persons investigation. He took four lie tests and remained a suspect in the case for nearly two decades. “The FBI put me through the wringer, being questioned and having people say the step-dad did something,” he told the Sacramento Bee newspaper. “I have been kind of the villain these past 18 years. [But] I’ve never spent a day in my life in jail. My last speeding ticket was in 1977.”

He said he eventually gave up all hope of finding Jaycee alive, but prayed that her body would be recovered, “so there’s an ending”.

“To have this happen where we get her back alive, and where she remembers things from the past, and to have people in custody is a triple win,” he said. “It’s like winning the Lotto.”

Although he has yet to speak to Jaycee, Mr Probyn said that from what his wife told me, “she is doing okay”. “I don’t know if she is married,” he said. “I don’t know if a cult took her, or if a couple who didn’t have kids took her. I’ll find out all these answers today.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6812831.ece
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »

Map: The Jaycee Lee Dugard case

Published: Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009 - 11:42 am
Key locations in the 1991 abduction of 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard and today's developments.

Source: Bee research, Bee files
http://www.sacbee.com/links/story/2143813.html

So close and yet so very far away.  Sad(
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

Thanks ANJ.
(be sure and eat)

(again - already? )

StreAMING LIVE COVERAGE

What Trimm said!  Eat small snacks, healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, nuts, etc.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard (Photo) Found Alive 18 Years After Abduction
by Jim Brogan

Jaycee Lee Dugard was abducted from her family 18 years ago and was believed to be dead - but a woman has come forward claiming to be the kidnapped little girl.

A 1991 kidnapping mystery in California may finally be solved 18 years after the tragic event that ripped a young girl from her family and home at the age of 11.

A 29-year-old woman has come forward claiming to be Jaycee Lee Dugard - and her stepfather Carl Probyn has revealed that he believes the woman is his daughter:

"I had personally given up hope," he tells ABC. "I had just hoped for a recovery," but says that instead, "I've actually won the lotto."

Jaycee's captors, Philllip and Nancy Garrido, are now in police custody on charges of kidnapping to commit rape. Their bond was set to $1 million.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212253650.shtml
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:48:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »

HLN says there are charges of rape,lewd and lascivious behavior ,and I missed the rest.Sorry. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

Headline news saying wife is second person.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »

HLN says there are charges of rape,lewd and lascivious behavior ,and I missed the rest.Sorry. 

I almost typed that too - but I went for the source of the Dan Simon reporter!~  WIFE CHARGED TO - what creeps
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »

I caught some of it.  She has lived through horrendous events by the sounds of it. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »

Thanks ANJ.
(be sure and eat)

(again - already? )

StreAMING LIVE COVERAGE

What Trimm said!  Eat small snacks, healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, nuts, etc.

I'll go find Sunny too.   

~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »

Phillip Garrido blog - be warned creepy ...........http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »

I caught some of it.  She has lived through horrendous events by the sounds of it. 

I got chills when I heard that little bit.
Why would they allow bond?     

~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 03:12:18 PM »

What a shame.  I was hoping it was a crazy couple who wanted a child to raise and that she wouldn't have suffered sexual assault.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.