May 23, 2024, 04:22:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 473542 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »

More Sanity-Estranged Ramblings from Dugard Abductor Phillip Garrido

As details of the kidnapping case still unfold, a lot of people are asking why Jaycee Lee Dugard didn't manage to escape during her 18 years of captivity in an Antioch backyard. Why didn't she scream for help? Alert a neighbor? Jump the fence?

SFist reader Tendernob brought to our attention this quote, spewed forth by Dugard's admitted kidnapper Phillip Garrido during an interview with CNN from his jail cell.

Garrido said he had "completely turned my life around" in the past several years. "You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward and in the end you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story." He added, "Wait till you hear the story of what took place at this house. You're going to be absolutely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place with me in the beginning, but I turned my life completely around."
Describing his two daughters, he said, "Those two girls slept in my arms every single night from birth; I never kissed them."

Speaking of completely turning his life around, Garrido's blog, Voices Revealed, would suggest otherwise. (Side note: comments on his site jumped from 1 to over 250 overnight. And, some of the recently posted comments have been "removed by author." Strange. Wonder who's manning his site while he's in the clink.)

http://sfist.com/2009/08/28/more_sanity-estranged_ramblings_fro.php
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »

Just checked and there are still being posts deleted today from scumbag's blog.  Wonder who is doing it?

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?postID=8123069408507170406&blogID=4751151745311616135&isPopup=false&page=2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »

Fox just had video on taken from the neighbour's yard.  Here are screen shots of what it looked like.  Neighbour is to be on Fox in a few minutes with more video of the tents and shacks that Jaycee and her children lived in.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »

One more
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »

As I read this horror story, I think....

where was I in June, 1991......
how old was I....
where did I live....
what was my house like....
how old were my children.....
could I have had them alone in a shed.....

where was I in 1994.....
Jaycee was 14
she was having her first child
somewhere in a sex offender's back yard
perhaps locked in a shed

where was I in 1998.....
Jaycee was 17
she was having her second child
somewhere in a sex offender's back yard
perhaps locked in a shed

the questions keep coming.....
what did they wear....
what did they eat.....
did they have beds.....
how cold does it get.....
how hot......
how do you count time....
what do you read....
how do you teach your children....
do you know that it is Christmas....
or your birthday.....

there is so much to think about
when the world goes out of alignment
and a sex offender kidnaps and keeps a child.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Kidnapper's Brother: 'He's a Fruitcake'
Abduction a shock, but Philip Garrido's problems go way back

Newser Summary) – Ron Garrido was shocked when he discovered his little brother had kidnapped an 11-year-old girl, held her captive in his backyard, and fathered two children by her, but believed it immediately. “I know my brother,” the 65-year-old tells the San Francisco Chronicle. “He’s a fruitcake.” Phillip Garrido had always been troubled, he said, citing incidents from teenage LSD abuse to a federal conviction for rape and kidnapping.

Phillip met his wife, Nancy, in prison, and Ron describes her as “a robot” willing to do whatever his brother told her. “I told my wife, ‘It’s no different from Manson and those girls.’ She was under his control.” Phillip and Nancy then moved in with his mother. “My brother could do no wrong in my mother’s eyes,” says Ron. “I’m sure he told her some story and she bought the whole thing.” The mother, who suffers from dementia,  was still living in the house when Jaycee Lee Dugard was discovered Wednesday.

http://www.newser.com/story/68019/kidnappers-brother-hes-a-fruitcake.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »

Thanks for the photos NR.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

More images from Fox.  They are at the neighbours house right now.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,544020,00.html
Psychiatrist on Jaycee Dugard: Bonding With Captors Is Mind's Way of Safeguarding Itself

Friday, August 28, 2009
By Jessica Ryen Doyle
Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was abducted as an 11-year-old girl, held captive for 18 years and recently admitted to her mother she felt guilty for bonding with her captors, likely suffered from Stockholm syndrome, said one psychiatrist.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »

Cops Searched Kidnapper's House, Found Nothing
Garrido kept his dark secret despite multiple brushes with the law

Newser Summary) – Phillip Garrido had several brushes with the law during the 18 years that police say he held Jaycee Lee Dugard and their two children captive in his backyard, but managed to keep his ugly secret, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Last July, a multi-agency police task force searched Garrido's home as part of a routine check on the registered sex offender. But the search apparently stopped at his back fence, which separated the Dugard compound from the rest of the house.

The task force was unaware of a complaint made earlier about the tents and sheds in Garrido’s backyard, made by a neighbor who suspected he was illegally renting space to tenants. Sheriff’s deputies questioned Garrido at the time, but they informed the neighbor that without a warrant, they couldn’t search the entire premises. Garrido was also suspected of bilking another neighbor out of his $18,000 life savings.

http://www.newser.com/story/67986/cops-searched-kidnappers-house-found-nothing.html

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

NR and all others,  thank you for all of the articles, photos and links......Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:56 PM »

Okay......yes. He wasn't released until 1988.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard, girl found after 18 years, 'bonded' with accused kidnapper Phillip Garrido

<snipped>
The California girl who was rescued after 18 years in captivity "bonded" with her kidnapper to survive, her stepdad said Friday.

Jaycee Lee Dugard "didn't try to get away," Carl Probyn said on NBC's Today show. "And it probably kept her alive. If she would have been really spunky and fight and tried to escape, maybe she would have been killed."

Jaycee, who was kidnapped from in front of her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991, had two kids with her accused abductor, a religious fanatic and convicted sex offender named Phillip Garrido.

Probyn said his step-daughter, whom he described as a "mellow girl" when she was kidnapped at age 11, appears to be physically fine.

"My wife said she looks almost like she was when she was kidnapped," he said.

But Jaycee, who is now 29, has been damaged by the ordeal.

"My wife says that Jaycee is really feeling guilty for bonding with this guy," Probyn said. "So she's really having a problem with that."

Ed Smart, whose daughter Elizabeth was rescued in 2002 after nine months in the clutches of yet another religious nut, said he doesn't believe Jaycee bonded with Garrido.

He conceded, however, that Jaycee's giving birth to two daughters by Garrido "complicates it more because certainly she had concern for her children."

"I think that in many cases, these children do try to escape, and after numerous attempts they feel it's hopeless, and so they try to survive," Smart said on CBS's The Early Show. "And that's not necessarily bonding with these monsters."

Jaycee was reunited with her parents on Thursday night after cops arrested Garrido, 58. They said the convicted rapist kept Jaycee hidden in a "secret backyard" and that one of the two children he fathered was the same age as the victim was when she vanished.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy, were being held on $1 million bail each. He was expected to be officially charged Friday with rape and kidnapping. She faces conspiracy charges.

Cops say Nancy Garrido was with her husband when they snatched Jaycee on June 10, 1991, as she was walking to her school bus stop.

In their first conversation Wednesday night, Jayce gave her mother a double jolt, Probyn said.

"I have something to tell you. I have babies," Jaycee told Terry Probyn, 50, who asked how many.

"Two," she replied.

"I gave up hope for 18 years, just went into recovery mode," said Carl Probyn, who witnessed the abduction but was too far away to stop it. "Now, I just won the lotto. It's just unbelievable."

Probyn said his estranged wife called him soon after getting word from the FBI that Jaycee was safe and healthy.
"She said, 'They found Jaycee. She's alive,'" said Carl Probyn, 60, who now lives in Riverside in Southern California. "We cried for about two minutes."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/08/28/2009-08-28_jaycee_lee_dugard_girl_found_after_18_years_bonded_with_accused_kidnapper_philli.html

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »

This is so sad and not over by a long shot.  I wish I did not have to get thanked for posting on this sicko and what he did, but it is better than posting articles about  the remains of Jaycee being found.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »

JAYCEE DUGARD'S PRISON FOR THE LAST 18YRS

Here's a look at the backyard of 1554 Walnut Avenue in Antioch.

This is the place where kidnapping and rape victim Jaycee Dugard lived and was tortured for the last 18-years, along with the two girls she was forced to have with the monster we now know as Phillip Garrido.

Thanks to "Radar" for a look at the backyard with your great photography!

http://claycord.blogspot.com/2009/08/jaycee-dugards-prison-for-last-18yrs.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:05:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:06:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

News conference on now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kron-special
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »

CoCo County Sheriff: We missed an opportunity in 1996 to bring this case to a close. Apologizes to family.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »

Girl's 18-year captivity raises prison early-release questions

Word that Jaycee Lee Dugard was held captive by a parolee for 18 years in an Antioch back yard sparked new concern today over the state's proposal to reduce its inmate population by more than 27,000 prisoners, in part by releasing prisoners and relying more heavily on parole.

"This demonstrates the problems that we're going to have if we release thousands of prisoners into our local communities," said state Sen. Tom Harman, R-Huntington Beach.

"Here was a prisoner who was a very great danger to the community. The parole people knew it, he was supposedly being checked three times a month, and still he was able to perpetrate this crime that lasted over 18 years."

Harman, who has criticized Schwarzenegger administration plans to reduce its inmate population, said the Dugard case demonstrates the danger of relying on GPS or parole to protect the public.

State corrections officials were still unable today to pinpoint the last time suspect Phillip Garrido, a registered sex offender on lifetime parole, was visited at home by his parole agent.

They also could not explain how Garrido was able to allegedly conceal Dugard, who was kidnapped at the age of 11 in 1991, in his back yard for 18 years without parole agents noticing.

Garrido and his wife, Nancy, were scheduled to be arraigned in El Dorado Superior Court today at 1 p.m. on kidnapping, rape and conspiracy charges.

They were arrested after a search of their Antioch home Wednesday, and after Dugard was found to be alive and now the mother of two of Garrido's children she bore in captivity, the case exploded into international headlines. News outlets from the BBC to Al Jazeera have sought interviews with reporters covering the case and others involved.

"I've talked to the BBC four times in the last 15 hours," said former U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott, who is helping El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson deal with the crush of media.

Readers have filled news Web sites with angry questions about how Dugard could have gone unnoticed for so long, and Contra Costa sheriff's officials were expected to hold a news conference today on what contacts they have had with the Garridos.

Neighbors told The Bee on Thursday that they had called 911 two years ago to report that children were living at the home and that people appeared to be living in tents. But, they said, deputies never entered the house.

Dugard was reunited with her mother Thursday, but both remained out of sight while they deal with the trauma of her abduction from her El dorado County home and its aftermath.

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2146017.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.