May 30, 2024, 01:54:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 474097 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »

TY FOR THAT ARTICLE LOVIN.

From the above article it gives some of the names LE is investigating in connection to this monster.

snip/
Garrido possible serial killer?

Garrido's Antioch house was searched again today in connection with the murders of nine local women, some prostitutes, during the 1990's.   Their bodies were dumped in industrial parks in Pittsburg and Bay Point, Contra Costa County, places Garrido frequented.  One victim who was not a prostitute was 15-year-old Lisa Norrell.  She was abducted while walking home from a party, her shoes found on the side of the road she had been walking.  Also murdered were 24-year-old Jessica Frederick, 32-year-old Rachael Cruise, Valerie Dawn "China" Schultz, Sharon Mattos and Andrea Ingersoll./snip

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

May have been posted....I am about an hour (or Cool behind today, lol...

Did 'monster' Nancy Garrido keep Jaycee Lee Dugard captive for four months while her husband was in prison?By David Gardner
Last updated at 4:34 PM on 01st September 2009

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1210368/Did-Nancy-Garrido-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-captive-months-husband-prison.html#ixzz0PsDxs8Os

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

YW GypsyDD.  I thought it gave a pretty good synopsis of everything.  I tried to look up information on those listed but since the articles go back to pre-2000 they want you to pay for access and since they were never "missing" there isn't much out there.  Give me a few more tries to find some info.  I wish Edward would come online.  I bet he remembers some of these cases. 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

I wonder who the other 10 to 15 vics are the one peice was talking about?  I know about the other young girls kidnapped in that area..and they have mentioned 3 prostitues in the area...but what was chilling is the one that they found impaled on the
fence of J&M Enterprises.  J&M was owned by one of his neigbors/friends at the time.  Also te little girl who'se relataives lived next door is one of the kidnap vics they are checking. 

Does anyone have anymore info on any of these cases?

Garrido committed his first known sex crime in 1976 and was arrested at the scene.

He started his federal prison sentence on June 30, 1977 and was turned over to Nevada authorities on Jan. 22, 1988 to serve state time.

Amber Swartz Garcia, age 7, Pinole, June 3, 1988 (not found) (Curtis Dean Anderson confessed)

He was paroled August 26, 1988.

Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, November 19, 1988 (not found)

Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, Monday, January 30, 1989 (not found)

Jaycee Dugard, age 11, Lake Tahoe, June 10, 1991 (found August 27, 2009)

Amanda Campbell, age 4, Fairfield, December 27, 1991 (not found)

Sharon Mattos, adult, Pittsburg, July 18, 1992 (found in a field in Pittsburg)

Andrea Ingersoll, adult, West Pittsburg/Bay Point, November 12, 1992 (found in a field in West Pittsburg/Bay Point)

Garrido was re-incarcerated in CA from April to August 1993 for a parole violation.

Jaycee's older daughter born 1994/5.

Jaycee's younger daughter born in 1998 (credit: Bibliophile)

Lisa Norrell, age 15, Pittsburg, November 06, 1998 (found 8 days later on old Highway 4 near Nav-Let's Garden Center, Pittsburg) (asphyxiated)

(note: November 19, 1998: Police received a report of an attempted kidnapping on E. 18th St. just west of Hillcrest Ave., in Antioch. Man tries to pull women from sidewalk into the bushes. I'm including this here because this is very near Walnut Avenue).

Jessica Frederick, 24, Pittsburg, December 5, 1998 (multiple cut and stab wounds, reportedly found on Harbor Street in Pittsburg which is not far from Old Highway 4 where Lisa was found).

Rachel Cruise, 32, Pittsburg, December 15, 1998 (asphyxia and strangulation, reportedly found dead in a ditch on California Avenue which is near where Lisa’s body was found on Old Highway 4. Another source said she was found near an auto wrecking yard. The coroner's report on her death suggested that her body had been dragged along the road for a short period of time. )

(Name Omitted), 38, West Pittsburg/Bay Point, December 15, 1998 (found beaten in a portable toilet off Willow Pass Road and survived)

Valerie Dawn "China" Schultz, 27, Pittsburg, January 08, 1999 (multiple stab wounds, strangulation, found dead in an industrial area in Pittsburg)
http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/home.html

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54682@kpix.dayport.com
the video shows part of an interview with James Molino. He owns the JM Wreckers, he and his wife have been friends with Phillip Garrido for some number of years.
Phillip and his two younger daughters attended a sweet sixteen party at their house last Tuesday.
Anyhow, one of the prostitutes that was murdered, back in the 1990's, her body was found impaled on the front gate of the JM Wrecker yard.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #664 on: September 01, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »

Several suspects names are mentioned in this article, but all were released. Lisa was last seen on Pittsburg Antioch Hwy.

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/case.html

Who Killed Lisa Norrell?
Unsolved Murder Frustrates Police, Community
One year after the murder of young Lisa Norrell, the investigation continues

Several suspects names are mentioned in this article, but all were released.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »

I wonder who the other 10 to 15 vics are the one peice was talking about?  I know about the other young girls kidnapped in that area..and they have mentioned 3 prostitues in the area...but what was chilling is the one that they found impaled on the
fence of J&M Enterprises.  J&M was owned by one of his neigbors/friends at the time.  Also te little girl who'se relataives lived next door is one of the kidnap vics they are checking. 

Garrido committed his first known sex crime in 1976 and was arrested at the scene.

He started his federal prison sentence on June 30, 1977 and was turned over to Nevada authorities on Jan. 22, 1988 to serve state time.

Amber Swartz Garcia, age 7, Pinole, June 3, 1988 (not found) (Curtis Dean Anderson confessed)

Andrea Ingersoll, adult, West Pittsburg/Bay Point, November 12, 1992 (found in a field in West Pittsburg/Bay Point)

Garrido was re-incarcerated in CA from April to August 1993 for a parole violation.

Lisa Norrell, age 15, Pittsburg, November 06, 1998 (found 8 days later on old Highway 4 near Nav-Let's Garden Center, Pittsburg) (asphyxiated)

(note: November 19, 1998: Police received a report of an attempted kidnapping on E. 18th St. just west of Hillcrest Ave., in Antioch. Man tries to pull women from sidewalk into the bushes. I'm including this here because this is very near Walnut Avenue).

Jessica Frederick, 24, Pittsburg, December 5, 1998 (multiple cut and stab wounds, reportedly found on Harbor Street in Pittsburg which is not far from Old Highway 4 where Lisa was found).

Rachel Cruise, 32, Pittsburg, December 15, 1998 (asphyxia and strangulation, reportedly found dead in a ditch on California Avenue which is near where Lisa’s body was found on Old Highway 4. Another source said she was found near an auto wrecking yard. The coroner's report on her death suggested that her body had been dragged along the road for a short period of time. )

(Name Omitted), 38, West Pittsburg/Bay Point, December 15, 1998 (found beaten in a portable toilet off Willow Pass Road and survived)

Valerie Dawn "China" Schultz, 27, Pittsburg, January 08, 1999 (multiple stab wounds, strangulation, found dead in an industrial area in Pittsburg)

the video shows part of an interview with James Molino. He owns the JM Wreckers, he and his wife have been friends with Phillip Garrido for some number of years.
Phillip and his two younger daughters attended a sweet sixteen party at their house last Tuesday.
Anyhow, one of the prostitutes that was murdered, back in the 1990's, her body was found impaled on the front gate of the JM Wrecker yard.

Pink thank you so much for this.  It really puts things into perspective.  I am reserved in associating them or possibly associating them with the scumbag as the one article yesterday stated that there were 150 SO's in a 5 mile radius from where he lived.  He could have been involved or it could have been any of the other 150.  I think it is about time they did an old fashion round up.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

What a Photo Does Not Show -- and What Phillip Garrido's Acquaintances Did Not Know -- is Sometimes More Important

There is at least one photo of Jaycee Lee Dugard's (and Phillip Garrido's) daughters, , making the rounds at present. The photo shows the two girls just a couple weeks ago at a Sweet Sixteen party for a neighbor. Neighbors, friends, and business associates are now coming forward, saying that Jaycee Lee Dugard, commonly known to most as "Alissa" or "Alyssa," and her two daughters were seen often and the news that she and her daughters were captives in the home of Phillip Garrido was and is a shock to many. And as the story becomes a little more developed every day, the curiosity factor, the desire of the public to see photos, to "discover" Jaycee Dugard and her daughters, to place faces with the names has taken over the internet and much of the news broadcast world. Front pages of publications, insets and video footage on television news, home web pages and anywhere there seems to be an open couple of inches, there seems to be something shown or written about Jaycee Dugard, her daughters, and Phillip and Nancy Garrido. But there seems to be only one photo.

CNN's Anderson Cooper ran with the story Monday night, presenting the Sweet Sixteen party photo with both Jaycee Dugard's daughters,  prominently displayed (their faces blurred to protect their privacy). Cooper also presented Cheyvonne Molino, a business associate and friend of Phillip Garrido's and whose house Jaycee Dugard's daughters were at for the Sweet Sixteen party. Cheyvonne Molino was adamant that the media was getting the Phillip Garrido story all wrong.

Cheyvonne Molino assured Anderson Cooper that Phillip Garrido's daughters "were fine" and that they weren't "little jungle Janes" like the media was portraying them. Molino, who owns a salvage yard and is also a cosmetology instructor, said she saw the Garrido girls two or three times each week and they were always clean, their hair clean. "If they were living in those type of conditions," she protested, "they would have had a little bit of dirt on them..."

Molino said that Phillip Garrido had an "eccentric attitude" but that he was a "good businessman." She said that he made no attempt to hide Jaycee Lee Dugard or their daughters (Phillip Garrido repeatedly raped Jaycee Dugard over the years,
producing the two girls, ). In fact, Alyssa (in some stories, the name is spelled "Alissa"), which was the name Jaycee Dugard apparently went by, is shown prominently on Phillip Garrido's printing business cards.

But Cheyvonne Molino played down Phillip Garrido's seeming "eccentric attitude," pushing for more openness on the part of the authorities. She said the focus should be on the girls and their recovery but that the truth of how they lived should also be told.

Cheyvonne Molino's unstated support for her friend Phillip Garrido is not the only voice being offered to show how "normal" the convicted sex offender seemed to be. Tim Allen, J. P. Miller, and Ben Daughdrill all have appeared in interviews stating how "normal" he seemed and how professional he was. Daughdrill said he even met Alyssa a couple times to conduct business, even exchanged e-mails with her.

Time and further scrutiny will out the facts but it is the presentation of those facts that seem to be getting in the way of the truth in the Jaycee Dugard story. In the media's rush to get the story out, key facts are being misplaced or misrepresented, coloring the story. Even so, there also seems to be a conscious pushback effort on the part of Phillip and Nancy Garrido's neighbors and associates to rationalize and justify how they could have missed the kidnapper and rapist in their midst.

Media sensationalism versus neighborhood denial and rationalization. To believe that somewhere in middle lies the truth would also be a naïve assumption on the part of the casual ******* or the most involved investigator. Because there is much to the Jaycee Dugard story that is being left unsaid, untold, omitted from the articles and from the camera lens.

Jaycee Dugard and her daughters may have lived in a clean house or they may have lived in a series of tents and sheds in an isolated spot on Phillip Garrido's property. And they may have lived in both places, in different stages of their strange "familial" relationship. Knowledge of their living conditions and how their relationships played out over the years seem to reinforce the theories that Jaycee Dugard undoubtedly suffers from Stockholm Syndrome.  Her daughters,  may not have lived a socially acceptable normal life, but it is the only life they have known, so it might be difficult to ascertain just what forms of or just how much psychological and emotional damage the children may have endured.

A simple photo of Jaycee Dugard's daughters does not convey normalcy. Nor do the statements of acquaintances. The testament of a friend in denial only reinforces the insidious chameleon-like qualities of the man who kidnapped an 11-year-old child and held her captive for 18 years. There are far too many things that photos do not show...

And insidiousness cannot be found in any photo.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2129233/jaycee_dugard_daughters_photos_normal_pg3.html?cat=9
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #667 on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »

Hi all

I've been watching this since Jaycee was found.  I thank the Lord she is alive and the innocents with her. Once again I am so disgusted and sickened by the lack of vigilance over an offender who should have never been let out.  I know all of you are too. 

Have been searching the internet to find out as much about the monster as I can.  Trying to figure out how he could have gotten away with this for so long.  He was getting very brave taking the little girls out with him and Jaycee as well.  He was pretty confident in his mind control abilities. 

The fact that the news has repeatedly reported that the girls were home schooled I did some checking and found this info.

Phillip C Garrido

View Details
 52  Antioch, CA           
Nancy D Garrido
Patricia L Garrido 

=========================================
.  GARRIDO, PHILLIP C (Age 52)
   Available ANTIOCH, CA Possible Relatives:

GARRIDO, NANCY D (Age 55)
FRANZEN, PATRICIA LUCILLE (Age 88)
 View Details
3.  GARRIDO, PHILLIP C (Age 52)

Possible Employment / Business Associations:

GODS DESIRE
 THE PHILLIP C KNIGHT INSTITUTE Elementary and Secondary Schools  <--------- Is this the name of the Home School???????????????
 GODS DESIRE
   Available ANTIOCH, CA
Possible Relatives:
FRANZEN, PATRICIA LUCILLE (Age 88)  <---------------------- this is his mother
GARRIDO, NANCY D (Age 55)

Possible Roommates / Associates:
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J                                      <--------------------- this is his stepfather (now deceased i believe)
WADE, VIRGINIA (Age 66)                                  <--------------------  wonder who this person is ????????????????????
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J (Age 39)

I don't know much about a home school but wouldn't you have to give the names of the children who were to be homeschooled and isn't there some paperwork or something to attest to it's legitimacy?????????   Is it possible that other victims may be listed in the home school under fictitious names?????  I have a lot of questions regarding this.  Also, wouldn't someone have known a perv was in a household where children were being homeschooled or is this another area where more vigilance is needed?  If the names and mumber of children home schooled are supposed to be listed is it possible there may be some clues to the other missing children if maybe they are yet alive???

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: September 01, 2009, 01:07:36 PM »

Phillip C Knight is an alias of Garrido. 

Phillip Garrido
aka
Phillip C. Knight
Themanwhospokewithhismind

Tracy, CA
Antioch, CA

WEB PRESENCE;
godsdesire@rocketmail.com
phillipcknight@yahoo.com
www.godsdesire.com
http://www.blogger.com/profile/00940447268727590947

Snipped from  http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16357

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: September 01, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »

Now that the couple have been arrested, Campion said, investigators have what they believe is the car the kidnappers were driving when they snatched Dugard from a school-bus stop in June 1991.

Campion said he was present when Dugard and her mother, Terry Probyn, were reunited.

"It was a very emotional scene," he said. "Both of them were just overjoyed to be with each other again.

"There's going to be a period of adjustment, no doubt, but they're doing very well," Campion said. "And the two daughters are probably as happy as Jaycee is to be part of this family as well."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/31/BAAD19GK1I.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PsMyI0SJ
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »

I wonder who the other 10 to 15 vics are the one piece was talking about?  I know about the other young girls kidnapped in that area..and they have mentioned 3 prostitutes in the area...but what was chilling is the one that they found impaled on the
fence of J&M Enterprises.  J&M was owned by one of his neighbors/friends at the time.  Also the little girl whose relatives lived next door is one of the kidnap vics they are checking. 

Garrido was incarcerated in CA from April to August 1993 for a parole violation.

TY PINK.

That last CBS interview in the link you posted is the one I was looking for.  To me that says it all..what is the likelihood someone else just happened to leave bodies near that area..especially his friends business where the girl was impaled. 

I fear what we will hear from both Jaycee and from the local LE and the FBI investigating this case will be beyond frightening.  I think we are looking at the devil incarnate here.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #671 on: September 01, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »

Phillip C Knight is an alias of Garrido. 

Phillip Garrido
aka
Phillip C. Knight
Themanwhospokewithhismind

Tracy, CA
Antioch, CA

WEB PRESENCE;
godsdesire@rocketmail.com
phillipcknight@yahoo.com
www.godsdesire.com
http://www.blogger.com/profile/00940447268727590947

Snipped from  http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16357

TY for the info Alarming that there is a chilling connection to Tracy, Ca.  Maybe I am overreacting but isn't it most rational to not overlook the most obvious?   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: September 01, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »

I want to thank everyone for all these posts and updates.  I am very interested and concerned but don't have time to watch and moniter what is happening.  But I can count on you guys to post everything!  Thank you so much.

Also, I am thinking that they would tell Jaycee that they would keep her children and she would never see them again if she tried to leave, etc. and she would believe them.  Also these kind of people will tell their victims that their families will never love or accept them again, etc.  So keeping her while he was back in jail briefly would likely not be much of a problem as she would not want to lose her daughters as she might think would happen.  She only knew what they told her.

And that should be yet another crime of which those two are guilty!

Reading daily and lurking when I can. . . .

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: September 01, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The man accused of abducting and sexually abusing Jaycee Lee Dugard testified during a previous kidnapping and rape case that he prowled through residential neighborhoods as a Peeping Tom and fantasized about raping women. During his 1977 kidnapping trial, Phillip Garrido also said he leered at girls as young as seven, and he admitted to exposing himself to some of them.

http://www.khsltv.com/news/state/story/Here-is-the-latest-Northern-California-news-from/xgfnvvOPskmpjf5a2WC4vw.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:34:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: September 01, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »

Calif. police taking a new look at missing girl cases

ANTIOCH, Calif. — Authorities in two San Francisco Bay-area cities are investigating whether disappearances dating back to the late 1980s could be connected to Phillip Garrido, the man suspected of keeping Jaycee Dugard captive behind his house for 18 years.

Police in Hayward, California, about 20 miles south of Oakland, say they are investigating whether he is connected to the disappearance of Michaela Garecht, last seen in 1988 at age 9.

Hayward Police Lt. Chris Orrey said there are similarities between Garecht's disappearance and Dugard's. They are similar in age and appearance, both were abducted in daylight and a sketch of a suspect resembles Garrido, she said.

Orrey said there were differences, as well, though she would not elaborate. She said Hayward police have been in contact with Garecht's family and witnesses since Dugard was found alive last week.

And in Dublin, California, about 25 miles east of Oakland, police are looking into whether Garrido is connected to the 1989 disappearance of Ilene Misheloff. Ilene was 13 when she was abducted, investigators said.

Investigators announced Saturday that they were looking into whether Garrido may have been behind other unsolved crimes.

Contra Costa County Sheriff's Lt. Steve Simpkins said police in Antioch and neighboring Pittsburg were searching Garrido's property "for evidence relating to open cases."

Authorities brought cadaver dogs to search the property next door to the Garridos as they tried to determine whether Garrido was connected to a string of unsolved slayings of prostitutes in the 1990s. Several of the women's bodies were dumped near a park where Garrido worked at the time.

"What we also know is that Phillip Garrido had access to that property," said Jimmie Lee, spokesman for the Contra Costa Sheriff's Department. "He used that property, and it looks like he lived on that property in a shed."

A bone fragment was found on the neighbor's property in an area that Garrido had access to, authorities said.

"It was a small bone fragment," said Jimmy Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department. "We don't know if it's human or animal, and we're going to take it back for further testing and analysis."

Garrido kidnapped Dugard 18 years ago in South Lake Tahoe, California, fathered two daughters with her and held her captive in a well-hidden backyard compound, authorities said.

Dugard's real identity was discovered last week and her alleged kidnappers -- Garrido, a registered sex offender, and his 55-year-old wife, Nancy -- were arrested. They face 29 felony charges, including rape and kidnapping, and both have pleaded not guilty.

Meanwhile, Dugard and her mother and daughters have moved to an undisclosed location as they try to get reacquainted, said Carl Probyn, Dugard's stepfather. A team of psychologists and several law enforcement officers are with them, he said.

Probyn, who watched helplessly as his stepdaughter was kidnapped near their home in 1991, observes at arm's length as Dugard reunites with her mother. He has not seen or spoken to her, but he said family members told him Dugard looked well.

"She's with a group and they're taking care of her and they're getting adjusted. And my wife and daughter are up there. And it's going real slow. I mean, I don't need to be involved in this and disrupt anything," he told CNN's Larry King on Monday.

Probyn, who is separated from Dugard's mother, said Dugard's personality will help her deal with the years of trauma.

"I know Jaycee very well. She's a mellow person. She was just a sweet kid. She never got mad. She doesn't -- she's not angry, you know. ... That's why she's alive," he said.

http://www.policeone.com/csi-forensics/articles/1880097-Calif-police-taking-a-new-look-at-missing-girl-cases/
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #676 on: September 01, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »

this perv is beyond sick!! when is our justice system going to start working for the victims instead of these pervs??? there is no rehabilitation for these sickos!

The answer is never!  I posted this link to a newspaper article from a small town in Texas in the News section.  They are going to let sex offenders go to school functions!  They already have in fact!  Last Friday they let one go to a High School Football game and it was a Grandparent, not a parent like the article has them quoted as saying will be the ones given permission.  A man who was convicted of aggravated sexual assault on a 10 year old in 1985.  Here is the link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6041.0
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: September 01, 2009, 03:45:31 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Read The Psychiatric Report of Jaycee Lee Dugard's Kidnapper

Evil kidnapper Phillip Garrido abused LSD, suffered a history of severe sexual disorders and suffered  from "emotional conflict" with his parents, according to an explosive psychiatric exam unearthed by RadarOnline.com.

Click here to see Garrido's explosive psychiatric exam
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/mentalreportbug.pdf

Court-appointed Dr. Lynn Gerow examined twisted Garrido as part of his rape trial in 1977 after his attorney tried to declare him insane because of heavy drug use.

Dr. Gerow examined him in December 1976 and found Garrido competent to stand trial. He subsequently admitted to abducting and raping the woman he was accused of kidnapping.

In the three-page report to the judge the doctor described Garrido as tall, thin and 'unkempt'.

"He was preoccupied with the idea of sex and admitted to a history of severe sexual disorders," Gerow said.

In Dr. Gerow's opinion Garrido suffered from a "mixed sexual deviation and chronic drug abuse with the latter may be responsible in part for the former."

In a neurological report on Jan 6, 1977, Dr. Albert F. Peterman found that Garrido was not suffering from brain damage.

Dr. Peterman noted: "LSD made him quite aggressive, which he realizes - he had used LSD prior to his alleged offense, but remembers the details of the sexual abduction and sexual activity quite well."

The doctor also stated that Garrido had appropriate concern for the case and that he was "looking forward" to going to court. He also said that he had found religion and felt that his life would 'change for the better.'

Garrido served 10 years in a federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas, before being granted parole. He then served seven months for the rape conviction in a Nevada prison before being granted an early release in August 1988.

Less than three years later, he allegedly kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991 when she was 11.

Garrido was then returned to prison in April 1993 for an undisclosed parole violation before being released four months later.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-read-psychiatric-report-jaycee-lee-dugards-kidnapper
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: September 01, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »

Media outlets paying for information in Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case

At week’s end, the Antioch street where Jaycee Lee Dugard lived after she was allegedly kidnapped as a child 18 years ago by Phillip and Nancy Garrido was swarming with media. Satellite trucks parked in driveways, and cameramen and photographers tromped on lawns and knocked on doors up and down Walnut Avenue.

Neighbor Damon Robinson was in his backyard, talking with reporters across a chain-link fence, while another group lined up in the side yard, behind a clothes line, waiting to interview him.

Robinson eventually spoke with reporters from CNN, the Associated Press and The Times about the years he’d lived next door to the Garridos and about the time that his former girlfriend, Erika Pratt, had called 911 to tell authorities about her suspicions that something was seriously amiss in the gray cinder-block house.

Suddenly, a British reporter pushed to the front. He told Robinson that he worked for a media outlet in London and his deadline was fast approaching. He offered to write a check for $2,000 on the spot if Robinson would stop talking to other reporters and give him "an exclusive." Robinson complied.

In the days since, locals who knew the Garridos said they have repeatedly been approached by reporters -- American and foreign, print and television -- who have offered thousands of dollars for information and photographs of the Garridos, Dugard, now 29, and the two daughters she bore Phillip Garrido, ages 15 and 11.

The money can be tempting for some who live in an area pummeled by the foreclosure crisis and the sagging economy.

Manuel Garrido, who lives in nearby Brentwood in Northern California, at first spoke freely with reporters about his son’s past. But now he says he wants to be paid. "No more free information," said Garrido, 88. "Other people are getting paid.”

The elder Garrido said he had received $2,000 from one news outlet for an exclusive interview. "From now on, it’s going to be more than $2,000," he said
. "You’re making big stories, and you are getting paid for it. Here I am suffering, so I should get some money out of it."

He said reporters have been hounding him ever since the story broke last Thursday about his son allegedly kidnapping Dugard from her South Lake Tahoe neighborhood when she was 11 years old and holding her for 18 years. Phillip Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy, 54, were arrested and charged with 29 criminal counts in the case.

Concord resident Marc Lister, who knew Phillip Garrido and had some of his promotional business materials, said he sold one of Garrido’s own business cards, featuring a photo of Dugard, to a media outlet for $10,000.

Lister said he does not consider the money a payout. He said his mother, a retired teacher who died in 2000, housed battered women for years at her Walnut Creek home, and he plans to use the money to help the cause.

Lister, a retired insurance company worker who described himself as a "devout Christian," said he does not feel guilty about charging the news media for information, because it would benefit the less fortunate.

"I’ve got morals," he said. "This would make my mom proud."

Cheyvonne Molino, 35, who runs an auto wrecking yard with her husband, said Phillip Garrido printed their business cards and often stopped by with his daughters. After his arrest, Molino said reporters hacked into her Facebook page and stole photos she had posted of Garrido’s daughters, who had attended a party for her daughter’s 16th birthday on Aug. 15.

Now reporters are tying up her phone lines and filing in to her office to look for more photos.

On Monday afternoon, a television crew stopped by her office with an offer to pay for information. Despite rumors to the contrary, she declined.

"This is people’s lives," Molino said. "As much as I need to pay my bills, I can’t be greedy. I’m a good Christian woman. You’re not supposed to sell this."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/09/at-weeks-end-the-antioch-street-where-jaycee-lee-dugard-lived-after-she-was-allegedly-kidnapped-as-a-child-18-years-ago-b.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »

Garrido's sexual deviance outlined in federal documents

That cold November night in 1976 when Phillip Garrido kidnapped Katherine Calloway, he took four hits of LSD, handcuffed her and covered her in the backseat of her Ford Pinto as he drove away from the South Lake Tahoe market she had stopped at.

He drove her through the mountains, and when she managed to ask where they were heading, he replied, "Don't worry, I've got it all planned."

He took her to a storage shed in Reno he was renting, but had to borrow the crow bar from her car to break the door open because he had forgotten his key.

For hours, he raped her inside the shed, where he had stored stacks of pornographic magazine, vials of hashish, marijuana and cheap wine he kept asking her to drink.

The 25-year-old casino worker's ordeal ended when a Reno police officer on patrol stopped to see why the car was parked in front of the shed and why the lock on the shed door was broken.

Over the course of the next six months, the full picture of Phillip Garrido would emerge in a federal courtroom in Reno, as witnesses testified he was a "sexual deviant," a heavy drug abuser and a man who had recently found God.

The disturbing details about the early life of the man now accused of kidnapping 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard are contained in hundreds of pages of federal court files from his 1977 trial.

Evidence introduced in the case shows Garrido was a troubled young man with a sexual addiction so great that he would masturbate in drive-in theaters, restaurants, bars, public restrooms and outside the windows of homes.

But he was mentally stable enough to understand the charges he was facing, a psychiatrist told the court, even as he alternately tried to enter a guilty plea, then successfully fired his own lawyer in the middle of trial.

He was born in Pittsburg on April 5, 1951, the second child born to his parents, but he had "considerable emotional conflict with his parents during his formative years," Reno psychiatrist Lynn B. Gerow Jr., who examined him for the court, wrote in a Dec. 20, 1976, mental evaluation.

He graduated from Liberty Union High School in 1969, and he testified during his trial that within a month of graduation he had been introduced to marijuana. A month later he tried LSD.

He was arrested for possession of both in 1969, he testified, and was sent to Contra Costa County's Clayton Farm facility.

In 1972, he married his high school sweetheart. His wife, who he proudly testified at trial was "beautiful," was a casino dealer in Reno. He was married to her the night he walked out of the shadows of a convenience market near South Lake Tahoe and tapped on the windows of Callaway's blue Pinto.

Callaway, also a casino dealer, had stopped on the way to dinner at her boyfriend's house to pick up some coffee. She had a crock pot full of food inside, but agreed to give the polite stranger with the ponytail a ride.

During the drive, he turned on her, handcuffing her and asking disturbing questions.

"Are you expected anywhere?" she testified he asked. "Is anyone going to miss you tomorrow?"

Eventually, he took her to shed number 39 at a warehouse on Mill Street in Reno.

There, Garrido raped her through the night, gave her some hashish to smoke and pressed her to drink some of the wine he had. Then, he gave her some 7-Up.

When Reno police arrived in the middle of the night outside the shed, Garrido walked out into the cold night air wearing nothing but jeans. As officers questioned him, Callaway peeked out from behind the heavy plastic sheeting covering the entrance to the shed.

"Help me," she said, according to Officer Clifford Dean Conrad. "She just said, 'Help me' again and she ran out."

She was nude and screamed that he was trying to rape her, Conrad testified, but Garrido tried to talk his way out of the jam.

He implied that Callaway -- he called her "Kathie" -- was his girlfriend and that he was married and lived down the street.

The police didn't buy it, and eventually Garrido would be convicted in both state and federal courts.

During his federal trial, Garrido testified that he told Callaway he would not hurt her, and that he couldn't help himself.

He was sorry, he said, "because she was so nice to me."

"I had this fantasy that was driving me to do this," he testified, "inside of me; something that was making me want to do it without -- no way to stop it."

Callaway survived her ordeal. She now is married and lives in Las Vegas, and today she was in New York for network television appearances to discuss her case.

Garrido was sentenced to 50 years in federal prison plus five years to life in state prison. No one thought he would get out of prison anytime soon.

Leland Lutfy, who prosecuted Garrido's federal case, said today he was shocked to learn Garrido was released after serving 11 years, assuming he would serve at least two-thirds of the sentence.

"How could they let that kind of a monster out after 11 years?" Lutfy said.

It would be one of many decisions about Garrido that would raise questions over the years. Authorities believe he kidnapped Dugard in 1991 while on parole and kept her in his Antioch backyard for 18 years. His parole officer never saw her or the two daughters she was forced to bear to him, and a sheriff's deputy called out to investigate a report of children at the house and people living in tents never went into the house.

Dugard ended up helping Garrido with his printing business until suspicious officials at the UC Berkeley campus notified authorities that he was on campus with two young girls.

The motives for his alleged actions over the years remain unclear, although Garrido testified years ago that he was not a hurtful man.

"I didn't feel I was harming Katherine Callaway," he testified, "so I didn't feel I was harming anybody."

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2153314.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.