May 30, 2024, 02:45:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 474025 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: September 02, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »

Nancy is just as guilty as the pervo imo..
she could have let Jaycee go when pervo was back in jail..
I may have missed it somewhere but has it ever come out what went on when pervo was in jail and Nancy and Jaycee would have been alone? wonder if Jaycee was allowed in the house then? anybody know anything about this time? tia...

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: September 02, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »

I read this this morning from People magazine. I can't imagine the confusion these little girls are feeling right now. 

Girls Find Out Jaycee Dugard Is Really Their Mom

It would seem like more than two girls could bear: The man they called "daddy" turns out to be a registered sex offender thrown in jail, and now they've been told the woman they thought was their big sister is really their mother.

This is what Angel, 11, and Starlit, 15, have faced since the arrest last week of Phillip Garrido, charged with the 1991 abduction of Jaycee Dugard, now 29.

"They thought Jaycee was their sister," Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, tells PEOPLE. "People have to realize this will take years of therapy."

Still, there have been encouraging signs the healing has begun. Dugard's reunion with her mother, Terry Probyn, has been "the happiest time of her life, and they are bonding," says Carl, who split with his wife amid the stress of his stepdaughter's kidnapping (Carl was briefly treated as a suspect, then cleared).

Carl Probyn says what the girls and Jaycee need now is to avoid the media. To that end, they're not only turning down interviews and TV shows, he says, but they're not returning with Terry to Riverside, Calif., because the family doesn't want the girls to be seen by paparazzi.

The family members were in a Concord hotel for a few days, but checked out when paparazzi went looking for them, and they are now in an undisclosed house that's under guard by the FBI, Carl tells PEOPLE.

He says it's unclear what the family's costs will be over the next few years. Jaycee hasn't been to school since she was 11, and her daughters have never been to school. They also need lots of counseling. The cost of all this, he says, is anyone's guess.

"This has never happened in history – for someone to be recovered 18 years after an abduction," says Carl Probyn.

In response to offers of assistance, two trust funds for the girls have been set up at a financial services company where Jaycee's grandmother worked.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20301831,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »

Is that the same man that owned the house next door with the locks turned backwards? 

No - the article says he went to ask about the neighbor in the nursing home two weeks ago. 

The one who mentioned this was the one whose house they searched.
Authorities searching Garrido's Antioch house Saturday expanded the crime scene to include the neighboring home of Damon Robinson, according to the Associated Press. Robinson told The Times on Friday that Garrido had taken care of the house before he moved in three years ago, and that Robinson found "all the locks on my home were backward. You could lock people in" but not out.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/healthcare/la-me-kidnapped-treatment30-2009aug30,0,105534.story

The old guy in the nursing home USED to live in the house that Robinson now lives in. He was caretaker of that house until the old guy was put in the nursing home.

Pink - so you think the person he went to the police station to ask about was the same one he was caretaker for his house, that Robinson now lives in?  That article was confusing - poorly written, IMHO.  But, if he had a relationship with the man, even being caretaker after he was put in nursing home - why could he not go to the nursing home, or call them?  At some point did this man's family figure him out?  See what I mean - confusing.   So, I kinda assumed there were two neighbors now in nursing home and the one he went to the station two weeks ago to ask about was maybe recently transferred there.  But - that was how I read it and like I said, I am assuming.......not knowing as fact. 
If you can clear this up for me with a link - I will give you next weeks bananas!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

Kidnap wife saw kids as 'family'

THE wife of evil rapist Phillip Garrido sees the children he fathered with his kidnap victim as "family", her lawyers said today.
Nancy Garrido is said to miss the kids her husband had with Jaycee Lee Dugard during the 18 years she spent imprisoned in the back garden of his California home.

Lawyer Gilbert Maines said his client "very much loved" Jaycee's two daughters.

The Garridos were arrested last week and charged over the kidnapping, rape and imprisonment of Jaycee, who was 11-years-old when she was snatched outside her home in 1991.

Mr Maines said Nancy seemed "distraught and frightened" when he first met her but "now realises" why she is in jail.

He described her as "like a ship without its rudder" after she was separated by police from her husband of nearly 28 years and held in solitary confinement.

'Victim'

He said he would defend the case on the grounds that Nancy was a "victim" but said he could not explain the exact course he would take as he had not yet had any access to case evidence.

He said: "Phillip Garrido's brother said she was like a robot and I have to see to what degree she was controlled and manipulated by him.

"She is distraught and frightened but realises why she is in jail.

"For the last 12 years she has not worked but looked after his mother in the house.

In looking at this you have to ask yourself if she was being controlled. I have to unravel the last 18 years. I have to look at her mental condition and not so much what physically happened.

"She did say that there came a time when she felt like they were a family and she loved the girls very much and she loved Jaycee very much.

"That seems strange given the circumstances but that is what she told me."

Mr Maines also revealed he had received death threats over the internet because he was defending Nancy.

He added: "From what I have seen of her and through talking to her she is competent to stand trial."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2619200/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-kidnappers-wife-Nancy-Garrido-saw-kids-as-family.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: September 02, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:38:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:39:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #726 on: September 02, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

The other call: Two weeks before his arrest for allegedly keeping Jaycee Lee Dugard captive for 18 years, Phillip Craig Garrido called former Pittsburg cop Ralph Hernandez asking for his help in finding out what happened to his elderly neighbor - Dilbert "Jack" Medieros - who had been sent off to live at an Antioch nursing home.

The Chronicle reported Friday that police had investigated claims that Garrido swindled Medieros, 79, out of almost $18,000 between late 2007 and March of last year. In the end, prosecutors declined to bring a case.

"He just said he was worried about the guy's welfare," said Hernandez, who is now a private investigator.

There's a simple reason Garrido couldn't reach Medieros, Hernandez said - the nursing home had apparently barred Garrido from contacting him.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/BAVA19H138.DTL

Is that the same man that owned the house next door with the locks turned backwards? 

No - the article says he went to ask about the neighbor in the nursing home two weeks ago. 

The one who mentioned this was the one whose house they searched.
Authorities searching Garrido's Antioch house Saturday expanded the crime scene to include the neighboring home of Damon Robinson, according to the Associated Press. Robinson told The Times on Friday that Garrido had taken care of the house before he moved in three years ago, and that Robinson found "all the locks on my home were backward. You could lock people in" but not out.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/healthcare/la-me-kidnapped-treatment30-2009aug30,0,105534.story

The old guy in the nursing home USED to live in the house that Robinson now lives in. He was caretaker of that house until the old guy was put in the nursing home.

Pink - so you think the person he went to the police station to ask about was the same one he was caretaker for his house, that Robinson now lives in?  That article was confusing - poorly written, IMHO.  But, if he had a relationship with the man, even being caretaker after he was put in nursing home - why could he not go to the nursing home, or call them?  At some point did this man's family figure him out?  See what I mean - confusing.   So, I kinda assumed there were two neighbors now in nursing home and the one he went to the station two weeks ago to ask about was maybe recently transferred there.  But - that was how I read it and like I said, I am assuming.......not knowing as fact. 
If you can clear this up for me with a link - I will give you next weeks bananas!

At a property next door to the house of horrors, investigators -- bearing rakes, shovels and chainsaws -- searched an area where Phillip Garrido briefly lived in a shed while working as a caretaker from 2005 to 2006.

By midday, cadaver-sniffing dogs were also brought to the site. Two bags of evidence were carted away, but it wasn't clear what was inside or which property they were collected from.

Magdalena Miller, who owns the property next door, said she was "shocked" at the developments at the home she bought from her ex-husband, Delbert "Jack" Medeiros.

Medeiros was forced by a medical condition to enter a nursing home in 2005, and Garrido moved in to act as a caretaker, she said.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08312009/news/nationalnews/i_believe_psycho_son_is_a_killer_187314.htm?page=0

BANANAS FOR ME!!!

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: September 02, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »

The bone fragment they found, why would it take weeks to identify if human or not? In Caylee's case, they did it on the spot, at the Econ River. Maybe it is human, and they're waiting for something additional, before they announce it?

I dunno, just a thought... an angelic monkey

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: September 02, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

That filthy woman doesn’t know what love is. She is as twisted, demented and evil as her monster husband and completely complicit in the horrible acts committed on an innocent child. She knew and helped him and is undeserving of any sympathy. She makes my skin crawl just thinking about her, and that includes any concern regarding her evil state of mind!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:40:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #729 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

The two girls thought Jaycee was their sister, and the expense of mental health doctors and school, etc, will be very costly. The state of California needs to step up and help with a lot of this expense. I can just imagine what the girls thought when they found out their sister is their mother. 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: September 02, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »

The bone fragment they found, why would it take weeks to identify if human or not? In Caylee's case, they did it on the spot, at the Econ River. Maybe it is human, and they're waiting for something additional, before they announce it?

I dunno, just a thought... an angelic monkey

Gizzie..I was thinking the same thing.  Normally a trained eye can tell the difference just by looking at the bone.  Take it to a vet..they'll know.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: September 02, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

Nancy Garrido: I Miss My Family

Nancy Garrido, accused of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard with her husband, Phillip,  and keeping her as a sex slave for 18 years, considers Dugard and her two children members of her family and now misses them, according to her attorney.

"What she said that I can tell you about is there came a time when she felt like they were a family, and she loves the girls very much and she loved Jaycee very much." Gilbert Maines, Nancy Garrido's attorney, told NBC's The Today Show. "That seems a little strange, given the circumstances, but that's what she said to me."

Nancy and Phillip Garrido pleaded not guilty last week to 27 felony accounts, including kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment. Maines said that Nancy is distraught, scared and a bit lost. He will have Nancy undergo a mental evaluation to determine whether she is competent to stand trial.

Nancy's husband, Phillip, is accused of raping Dugard and fathering her two children. In the last week, Phillip Garrido has been painted as the villain in this creepy case, but detectives are now looking further at the role Nancy played in Dugard's abduction and 18-year confinement.

Investigators believe Nancy Garrido was the one who snatched Jaycee off the street outside her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991 when Jaycee was just 11 years old.

Authoritites say she watched over Dugard for four months while Philip Garrido went back to prison for a parole violation.

Neighbors say they rarely saw Nancy during the Garridos' 18 years on Walnut Street in Antioch.

Nancy and Phillip met when she was visiting her uncle at the federal penitentary in Leavenworth, Kansas, where Pillip was serving time for a 1976 rape charge.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/breaking/Nancy-Garrido-I-Miss-My-Family-56724712.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: September 02, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »

The whole " I miss my family and love them"  has my blood boiling.  Someone who loves their family or anyone for that matter would not stand by while they are being raped and held hostage for 18 years.  Would not continue to hold them while there was a 4 month window to release them to the police/hospital/anywhere so Jaycee could go home. 

BS!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »

"I miss my family and love them"

That is the sound of a human predator calling out to its brainwashed victim.

That victim and her children who are also victims, should be kept completely away from the words these 2 will try to put out into the news..

This was forced human servitude by both husband and wife... They are both Preditor.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: September 02, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

I agree Edward..this is a predator calling out to her vics.

I also do not see how her attorney can say even though she is the one suspected of grabbing Jaycee and placing her in the car..that she wasn't fully aware it was a kidnapping?  Huh?  What part of grabbing someone else's child and placing them in your car and taking off with them ..and keeping them for 18 years  doesn't sound like a kidnapping to her?  I call that tiwsting words.  You grab someone and force them in your car and drive away with them..you have kidnapped them.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: September 02, 2009, 04:57:53 PM »

I agree Edward..this is a predator calling out to her vics.

I also do not see how her attorney can say even though she is the one suspected of grabbing Jaycee and placing her in the car..that she wasn't fully aware it was a kidnapping?  Huh?  What part of grabbing someone else's child and placing them in your car and taking off with them ..and keeping them for 18 years  doesn't sound like a kidnapping to her?  I call that tiwsting words.  You grab someone and force them in your car and drive away with them..you have kidnapped them.

I agree too.  Edward, you brought up a good point about servitude.  That woman Sante Kimes who with her son is in prison for murder was once convicted and served some time in prison for "Slave keeping."  She would go to Mexico and get young girls and keep them as household slaves.  As far as this filthy, evil, satanic woman "Missing her family' how can she even consider three young people held prisoner in shacks and tents in her backyard as "Family."  It and she disgust me.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:41:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: September 02, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »

Curroius to know if anyone that's been researching the Cantu case has come across this SOB in their research of those wackadoodles? 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: September 02, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

A neighbor's view on Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping

http://news.clipta.com/__vMjIzMjky
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: September 02, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

New episode of Dr. Phil on Thursday, September 3 at 3pm---Dr. Phil explores the shocking story of kidnapped 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard, recently found alive and living with her captor 18 years later. Learn more about this chilling report of life in captivity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.