May 30, 2024, 07:33:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 474136 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1060 on: September 23, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »

TV talk shows for Sept. 24

Dr. Phil: The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard; the treatment of sex offenders; family members of killer Marcus Wesson.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1061 on: September 23, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Jaycee Dugard's New Life: No TV, Radio Or Newspapers Allowed

After 18 years in captivity Jaycee Dugard's return to civilization is not what you might expect.

She's not allowed to watch TV, read newspapers or listen to the radio, her stepfather Carl Probyn says in an interview.

After all those years in isolation while being held by Phillip and Nancy Garrido, Jaycee is being heavily debriefed by the law enforcement authorities. Her exposure to the outside world is severely limited as cops make sure her memory is not tainted by press reports.

MORE....

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-jaycee-dugards-new-life-no-tv-radio-or-newspapers-allowed
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1062 on: September 23, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »

I so agree with that..

most of the cases we have seen so far, with one exception, the victim has had a hard time in transition..
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1063 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:59 AM »

Northern Rose, again, thank you for all these updates!    

Am wondering about his not registering til 1999.  Anyone know what year that became mandatory?  I can't remember...  Seems tho, by what the worker said in that article, that he 'should have' done so earlier, but didn't.  And sooooooooo.  They didn't bring him up on charges for that?  Just said okies thanks for finally checking in? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »

Northern Rose, again, thank you for all these updates!    

Am wondering about his not registering til 1999.  Anyone know what year that became mandatory?  I can't remember...  Seems tho, by what the worker said in that article, that he 'should have' done so earlier, but didn't.  And sooooooooo.  They didn't bring him up on charges for that?  Just said okies thanks for finally checking in? 

Hope this helps

<snipped>
In 1947, California became the first state in the United States to have a sex offender registration program.[1] Community notification of the release of sex offenders from incarceration did not occur until almost 50 years later. In 1994, a federal statute called the Jacob Wetterling Act required all states to pass legislation requiring sex offenders to register with state sex offender registries. Then again in 1996, based on a set of New Jersey laws called "Megan's Laws," the federal government required states to pass legislation mandating public notification of personal information for certain sex offenders. In Connecticut Dept. of Public Safety v. Doe (2002) the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed this public disclosure.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_offender_registration
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1065 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard is begged to take paternity test by man who claims to be biological father
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 1:02 PM on 24th September 2009

Kidnap victim Jaycee Lee Dugard is being asked to take a paternity test by the man believed to be her natural father.
Ken Slayton says he has not heard from Jaycee or her representatives since she was freed from the secret backyard compound where Phillip Garrido held her for 18 years.
Mr Slayton’s lawyer, Gloria Allred, announced at a Los Angeles press conference her client wants Jaycee to take tests that will prove if she is his daughter.

But she insisted the Vietnam veteran wants nothing from Jaycee other than to give her his love and support.
An emotional Mr Slayton, who had a brief one-month relationship with Jaycee’s mother’s Terry Susan Dugard after meeting her at a campsite in 1979, said: ‘I believe that Jaycee Lee Dugard is my daughter.
‘I have reached this conclusion because the FBI told me that Jaycee’s mother had identified me as Jaycee’s father and because the El Dorado County Sheriff’s office also treated me as her father....
‘I have had many nightmares over the years wondering if I could have done more to find Susan and the baby.

Hellhole home: The garden tent where Jaycee was forced to live for 18 years
‘We would like to have testing done to confirm that Kenneth is her father, and if she or her representative is willing to contact me we can arrange for a private and confidential test at an appropriate time.
‘This is an important opportunity to have a very special relationship. Parents are forever and it is never too late to establish and enjoy a parent-child relationship.
‘We think it is important that Jaycee is in a safe place now and has her privacy.
‘However, we hope that very soon we will hear from her or her representative and learn if and when she will be able to accept the opportunity to meet the family who believe that they are her sisters, stepmother and father and who want to do everything they can to support her at this critical time and for the rest of her life.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1215808/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-begged-paternity-test-man-claims-biological-father.html
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1066 on: September 24, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:04:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: September 24, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

Wow, I just don't know what to think about this.  On the one hand, a place with horses and two sisters, and a father ready to give love and support sounds wonderful.  But the threat of legal action if this father does not get his way seems to contradict his supportive message.  Jaycee has been through so much and it will be a very long time before normal returns, if ever.  Forcing yet another trauma on this family at this time does not seem right.  I wonder how Jaycee's mom feels about all this.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1068 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »

Wow, I just don't know what to think about this.  On the one hand, a place with horses and two sisters, and a father ready to give love and support sounds wonderful.  But the threat of legal action if this father does not get his way seems to contradict his supportive message.  Jaycee has been through so much and it will be a very long time before normal returns, if ever.  Forcing yet another trauma on this family at this time does not seem right.  I wonder how Jaycee's mom feels about all this.

I thought the same thing, about his statement contradicting what he is saying. Could Jaycee actually be forced to take a paternity test, just to satisfy him? Cause isn't that basically what he is doing, wanting to "prove" he is Jaycee's father? And IMO, what difference would it make? She probably only remembers her step father, and even he is staying away, giving her the time she needs.
I think it's publicity this biological father is wanting, IMO.  I hope I'm wrong, and that he really does have her best interest at heart, but I just don't think so.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: September 24, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »

Editorial: Parole officials lock up the truth

Ever since Phillip Garrido was arrested in the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, the public has wanted to know: How was he able to hide her from state and federal parole agents for so many years?

Along with other media, The Bee is trying to answer that question. But a pair of parole bureaucracies – one federal and one state – are hiding the ball. They are refusing to release public documents that might shed light on the decisions and actions of parole agents.

The first of these is the U.S. Parole Commission, which discharged Garrido from federal parole supervision in 1999. As we know now, that was eight years after he is alleged to have kidnapped Dugard, who was 11 years old at the time of her abduction.

Garrido had been convicted of kidnaping and rape in Nevada in 1977, was sentenced to 50 years in federal prison (with a concurrent state sentence of five years to life) and was released from prison in 1988. Upon ending his parole supervision 11 years later, a federal administrator lauded Garrido in a document for "having responded positively to supervision," even though the convicted kidnapper had three drug offenses while under federal parole supervision.

The Bee unearthed these laudatory comments about Garrido through a Freedom of Information Act request. But in agreeing to release a mere 19 pages of documents, the U.S. Parole Commission refused to release another 92 pages from Garrido's file, claiming they could "constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion" of the privacy of third parties.

MORE....

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/story/2204928.html
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1070 on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »

I thought the same thing, about his statement contradicting what he is saying. Could Jaycee actually be forced to take a paternity test, just to satisfy him? Cause isn't that basically what he is doing, wanting to "prove" he is Jaycee's father? And IMO, what difference would it make? She probably only remembers her step father, and even he is staying away, giving her the time she needs.
I think it's publicity this biological father is wanting, IMO.  I hope I'm wrong, and that he really does have her best interest at heart, but I just don't think so.

I have said this from the beginning.  I don't believe this guy and he needs to leave Jaycee alone with her girls so she can try and get adjusted with a normal life again.  This will take so much time and it will not happen overnight.  Why all this pressure.  If he really had her best interest at heart he would wait and leave her alone 

How quickly he got a high powered lawyer.  If he thought she was his daughter years ago and he wanted to find her he could have hired a private eye.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1071 on: September 25, 2009, 01:06:16 AM »

I have said this from the beginning.  I don't believe this guy and he needs to leave Jaycee alone with her girls so she can try and get adjusted with a normal life again.  This will take so much time and it will not happen overnight.  Why all this pressure.  If he really had her best interest at heart he would wait and leave her alone 

How quickly he got a high powered lawyer.  If he thought she was his daughter years ago and he wanted to find her he could have hired a private eye.

I have mixed feelings on this.  He says he didn't know, he could not find the mother and then was notified by the FBI about her that she was his daughter.  By then it was too late to do anything for a paternity test.  I don't think DNA was great back in 1991 anyways, I know they had it but they couldn't work with as little as they can now.  I know that people look down on him as being a shitty dad who abandoned his daughter and didn't care about her, didn't do anything to help find her.  Maybe he is trying to prove once and for all, with no hearsay, that she is his kid.  Those kind of rumors can tear a family apart when the truth is not known for sure.  He probably feels his reputation has been trashed because everyone views him as a deadbeat father.  The threat of legal action is a little extreme I think though and he would have been better off keeping that to himself.  It is a good thing that Jaycee and her kids cannot watch the news or read the paper.  God help this man if he tries to take advantage of her and her girls.  His lawyer better know if his motives are pure, I would hate to have my name linked with helping someone to take advantage of her.  The public outcry would be so loud that the lawyer would probably have no job.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1072 on: September 25, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »

I don't understand why Gloria Aldred had to go public with this information.
Why didn't she try to negotiate quietly with Jaycee's representatives?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: September 25, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »

I have mixed feelings on this.  He says he didn't know, he could not find the mother and then was notified by the FBI about her that she was his daughter.  By then it was too late to do anything for a paternity test.  I don't think DNA was great back in 1991 anyways, I know they had it but they couldn't work with as little as they can now.  I know that people look down on him as being a shitty dad who abandoned his daughter and didn't care about her, didn't do anything to help find her.  Maybe he is trying to prove once and for all, with no hearsay, that she is his kid.  Those kind of rumors can tear a family apart when the truth is not known for sure.  He probably feels his reputation has been trashed because everyone views him as a deadbeat father.  The threat of legal action is a little extreme I think though and he would have been better off keeping that to himself.   It is a good thing that Jaycee and her kids cannot watch the news or read the paper.  God help this man if he tries to take advantage of her and her girls.  His lawyer better know if his motives are pure, I would hate to have my name linked with helping someone to take advantage of her.  The public outcry would be so loud that the lawyer would probably have no job.

I agree.  The threat of legal action was extreme.  Jaycee has enough pressure on her.  The smartest thing they ever did was put them in hiding and away from the media.  I know it has to be difficult for them but the media is ruthless and would hound her.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: September 25, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »

Because this is Gloria Allred's style.  The bigger the case the more publicity she will get.

http://www.gloriaallred.com/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:54:56 PM by San » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1075 on: September 25, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

She and He are Disgusting Money Sucking Leach's...
They come out of the wood work 18 years later..

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: September 25, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »

Jaycee Update: Veteran Cop Who Sat in Phillip Garrido's Living Room Sensed Nothing Amiss

NEW YORK (CBS) A 33-year law enforcement veteran who sat in Phillip Garrido’s living room and may have met Jaycee Lee Dugard, said the man accused of kidnapping and holding Dugard captive for 18 years, was "normal in every which way." And he had spoken with Garrido only two weeks before his arrest.

If Ralph Hernandez, who has held nearly every position from patrol officer to acting chief in three different law enforcement agencies, didn't see anything suspicious, who would have?

"I’ve been through a lot of homes... I’ve also encountered a lot of people who needed help," Hernandez said. "And this was not the situation that existed there."

Early in 2008, Garrido hired Hernandez, who works in California as a private investigator, to verify six declarations from local businesspeople stating that a black box Garrido created allowed him to communicate without speaking. Garrido did not allow Hernandez to view the device view for fear of him becoming biased, Hernandez said.

On February 1, 2008, Garrido invited Hernandez to his Antioch, Calif., home where the two sat in the living room and went over documents related to Garrido's invention. Hernandez says Garrido was "excited" about the discovery, but did not seem psychologically unstable. While Hernandez was there, he met Garrido's wife Nancy, and "a young lady who may have been Jaycee or her oldest daughter." Hernandez said Garrido either introduced the woman as his own daughter or the daughter of a friend. He does not specifically recall.

MORE...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/21/crimesider/entry5327690.shtml

Okay..the LE is better off without this so called investigator.  He sits in PG's living room  and finds no one there that needs helps.  Of course he was hired at this time as a PI for PG...for his new invention where he could talk with his mind through this box.  Yeah..I would say that whole situation sounds typical to me..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1077 on: September 25, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »

Jaycee Lee Dugard is begged to take paternity test by man who claims to be biological father
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 1:02 PM on 24th September 2009

Kidnap victim Jaycee Lee Dugard is being asked to take a paternity test by the man believed to be her natural father.
Ken Slayton says he has not heard from Jaycee or her representatives since she was freed from the secret backyard compound where Phillip Garrido held her for 18 years.
Mr Slayton’s lawyer, Gloria Allred, announced at a Los Angeles press conference her client wants Jaycee to take tests that will prove if she is his daughter.

But she insisted the Vietnam veteran wants nothing from Jaycee other than to give her his love and support.
An emotional Mr Slayton, who had a brief one-month relationship with Jaycee’s mother’s Terry Susan Dugard after meeting her at a campsite in 1979, said: ‘I believe that Jaycee Lee Dugard is my daughter.
‘I have reached this conclusion because the FBI told me that Jaycee’s mother had identified me as Jaycee’s father and because the El Dorado County Sheriff’s office also treated me as her father....
‘I have had many nightmares over the years wondering if I could have done more to find Susan and the baby.

Hellhole home: The garden tent where Jaycee was forced to live for 18 years
‘We would like to have testing done to confirm that Kenneth is her father, and if she or her representative is willing to contact me we can arrange for a private and confidential test at an appropriate time.
‘This is an important opportunity to have a very special relationship. Parents are forever and it is never too late to establish and enjoy a parent-child relationship.
‘We think it is important that Jaycee is in a safe place now and has her privacy.
‘However, we hope that very soon we will hear from her or her representative and learn if and when she will be able to accept the opportunity to meet the family who believe that they are her sisters, stepmother and father and who want to do everything they can to support her at this critical time and for the rest of her life.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1215808/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-begged-paternity-test-man-claims-biological-father.html

The last thing Jaycee needs is fora naother man..an absentee father..to jump into the picture.  Her step dad filled that role for many years and is still doing that now.
So, a dead beat dad..no mercy here..who hasn't paid a nickel towards her support or finding her..now wants to be recognized so he and Gloria can make some bucks.  I say..kiss off dad..and by the way..you owe back child support for all these years plus interest.  Don't be looking to make some money off of a one night stand now.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: September 25, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »

FROM THIS WEEKS ENQUIRER 9-28-09

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1079 on: September 26, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »

Because this is Gloria Allred's style.  The bigger the case the more publicity she will get.

http://www.gloriaallred.com/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHql-2tv9vI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I listened to the link you provided, thank you.
I am disappointed in Allred.  She has always been touted as a great child and womens' advocate.  I fail to see how this is assisting Jaycee.
They claim they tried to get in touch w/the Dugard fam. but to no avail, hence Allred!  As though Jaycee and fam. don't have their hands full?!!!!  He had no business allowing Allred to go public with this and to use the DNA request pressure tactic, imo.
Seems he is excusing his absence in Jaycee's life as Jaycee's Moms fault.
Jaycee's had enough force and pressure in her life, to put it mildly.  Leave the poor girl, her children and her real family that loved and raised her until she was brutally kidnapped alone.
Everything in it's time and maybe one day Jaycee would like to know her sisters, at a day and time of her choosing...maybe, one day!!!!
Prayers to Jaycee and her children.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.