March 28, 2024, 02:52:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Latest Gardasil-for-Boys Scare Tactic: Penile Cancer"  (Read 2623 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 28, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »

Back in November, BNET suggested we were about to see a media campaign full of scary stuff — anal cancer, anyone? — for which the prevention is Merck’s HPV vaccine, Gardasil. This week, it arrived.

Spanish researchers reporting in the Journal of Clinical Pathology found that 46.9 percent of all penile cancers are caused by HPV. (And yes, penile cancer is located exactly where you think it is.) They said:

About 26,300 men develop penile cancer each year. It accounts for less than 1 percent of cancers in European and North American men, and up to 10 percent of tumors in men from Africa and Asia, studies show.

So about 12,334 men on the planet actually get penile cancer from HPV. Given the population — 6.8 billion — the chance of any man getting penile cancer is pretty much zero percent.

read more here -
http://industry.bnet.com/pharma/10003947/latest-gardasil-for-boys-scare-tactic-penile-cancer/

I asked last year, why they didn't include 'boys' and 'men' from the getgo.  They help spread the virus...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »

Gardasil is “Mostly” Safe, But Is It Effective?

Here in Virginia...the Commonwealth wants Gardasil administered to every girl entering the 6th grade. Parents here can opt out simply by refusing to give their girls the shot.

But fears of adverse affects still abound. This month, a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed that in the 2.5 years between June 2006 and December 2008, there were

12,424 reports of side effects, or 54 reports per 100,000 doses given. That included 32 reports of death, or 1 per 1 million girls vaccinated, though it’s unclear whether the vaccine or something else was to blame.

An NPR report also stated that we’re not sure how many of those deaths were due to preexisting conditions in the teen girls, such as blood clots:

(snip)

So…we’re blaming the girls for their deaths? For their previously unknown medical conditions? Not only are we as yet uncertain of Gardasil’s safety, we also have no clue about its efficacy, especially long-term.

read more here - http://ecochildsplay.com/2009/08/25/gardasil-is-mostly-safe-but-is-it-effective/

Forced or coerced vaccination?

Free under Obamacare?

Are you a bad person when the government nurse calls and asks to check the vaccination records of your children?

Will Obama/Kennedy's government nurse be a marketing tool of big pharma?   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:53 AM »

HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the world. About 20 million Americans are infected with it, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It is the main cause of cervical cancer, which kills 3,870 women a year in the United States and 300,000 globally.

It can also cause other types of cancer, including anal and penis cancer, as well as mouth and neck cancer. The CDC estimates that HPV caused 25,000 cases of cancer a year in the United States between 1998 and 2003.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/health/Cervical+cancer+vaccine+benefits+older+women+Study/1655193/story.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »

Why does  cost so much more than Cervarix?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »

Why does Gardasil cost so much more than Cervarix?  I didn't know there was competition.

The Department of Health (DoH), UK, has awarded the contract to provide the vaccine against human papillomavirus (HPV) to GlaxoSmithKline for its product, Cervarix. The contract is to supply the vaccine that protects against cervical cancer (CC) and precancerous cell changes in the cervix caused by HPV. The vaccine will guard against the two HPV strains that cause 70 per cent of cases of CC, types 16 and 18...

GSK's CC vaccine is approved in 64 countries worldwide, but this was the first major national tender for which the company had bid. According to Eddie Gray, President of Pharmaceuticals Europe for GSK: "This is great news for girls and women across the UK and reflects the growing confidence in Cervarix, which provides cervical cancer protection with a strong and sustained immune response."

An adjudication was carried out to examine the vaccines offered against a wide range of criteria, such as their scientific qualities and cost effectiveness. The criteria used for the adjudication had been shared in advance with the companies which tendered. Following this process, the DoH selected Cervarix, going against the decision of many EU countries who have opted for Gardasil and the wider protection it offers...

Cervarix uses GSK's proprietary AS04 adjuvant as its main differentiating point, which may enhance the immunogenicity of the vaccine, therefore potentially reducing the need for booster shots. However, the long-term efficacy of the two vaccines is believed to be similar.

The key reason for the DoH choosing Cervarix is likely to be price. With a list price for a full course of Gardasil as high as US$375 per person in the US, HPV vaccine costs are a key issue. Although the cost of Cervarix is commercially confidential, it can presently be administered through private clinics at a cost of £130.00 per injection (the immunisation course consists of three injections). GSK may have offered a heavily discounted price, relative to Gardasil, making the DoH’s decision easier. Another factor that must not be forgotten is the fact that GSK is, after all, a British company.

http://cancerdrugnewsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/uk-chooses-cervarix-over-gardasil-for.html

I googled, and today, "1 U.S. dollar = 0.611545988 British pounds"

How often do people need booster shots for Gardasil?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »

Here is a forum that discusses the economic advantages -

" Let them have warts" Gardasil vs Cervarix - economic evaluation "

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=118804

How much does it really cost to add a few more virus strains to the mix?  If you keep raising the price, who will be able to afford it?

There are other things that cause cancer, is it possible to protect against everything?

Maybe if someone else is paying?

This reminds me of a Dr. House episode.  He was asked to talk about why a drug with something like a little aspirin (now a new drug/pill very expensive) added was better than the much cheaper original which contained only the drug.

Why not save money and take a separate aspirin?

With Obamacare and the size of the U.S. population and government, why isn't Obamacare bargaining for cheaper prices?

A discount from list price is easily manipulated.  If list is $500 a pill today, and Medicare seniors and the disabled get a 50% discount in the 'donut hole', the pill costs $250. 

If seniors can't afford a pill that costs, $10 dollars, how will they afford $500, even if it's a discount?

What's to stop the drug company from changing the list price to $1,000 tomorrow?

Why not just drive a hard bargain like other countries?

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 01:43:30 AM »

Again another way of the PHARM to scare parents into buying into a Vaccine that is Poison.
The Pharm makes Money all around. And so do the the Doctors.
They * Pharm* send in their little Sales Troupers to every Doc known - and Sell it " Vaccine" and the Doc's say Hmmmph .. Well since every injection I give out .. I will make 10.00 in my pocket .. as a kickback ...... lets see. 

Since there is no documentation that says this Vaccine will hurt anyone .. ((( because there is no documentation or research that states its harmful,  nothing yet long term tested within humans that says harm ..)))) Hmmph ... yet instant money in my pocket hmmmm.

Branding ~ Marketing it does not stop at shoes, jeans, cell phones .. Its now in the Pharmaceuticals

Do not Buy into it. Its not tested and its not researched. Do not subject your childs health to accommodate the Now " Marketed" vaccines. Its called " Pharm Made".
Since when do children need to be protected at 10, 11, 12 for sexually transmitted diseases such as HPV. " That they may encounter when they are older" - who is to say what will be the disease when they become 17,18 or etc. 
HPV is not truly known to be " One" disease. There is not enough known about HPV within Humans period to justify a vaccine. It is not that simple. 
Parents just say NO and do not buy into the fear. Talk to your children about their sexual health and if your not able to - find someone that will.  Do not Vaccinate your child with this. There is no documentation on the long term effects of this vaccine.  Why would you allow your child to be a guinea pig ? for the Pharm ?
Article Written 2/2009
http://blog.thenatureschild.com/2009/02/gardasil-choice-and-adverse-effects.html

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

By the time my girls are old enough to get this shot there should be enough evidence one way or another for them.  Why get the shot at 10, 11, 12?  Because many girls are sexually active at 13,14.  I was diagnosed with HPV when I was 15, got it when I was 14.  I now have no cervix or uterus, which is great, and I was taught only abstinence.  You see how well that worked?  Maybe you shouldn't let your kids take it but I sure will.  Even if your child isn't sexually active by choice at this age they still could be forced and you never know.  Just last year there was an 11 year old in the area that was pregnant. I don't want to be responsible for my daughter asking me why I didn't protect her from anything when there was a way out there to do it. 

And for the record, not all doctors care about the payment.  My pediatrician believes in teaching abstinence as well and thinks that the shot just gives them permission to have sex.  He won't give it or recommend it unless the parent asks for it.  When my girls do get it they are being told it prevents some types of cancer, that is all they need to know.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.