June 03, 2024, 08:19:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Alert-Thomas Bommarito 85 yo Allen TX Last seen 9/03/09 (Deceased)  (Read 5043 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 03, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id=%27M9/3/20094:11:55PM%27
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin
Missing Person Details[/b]

Date Picture Updated: 9/3/2009

Name: Thomas Bommarito
Case Number: M0909005
Case Type: Disabled - Endangered
Last Seen in: Allen (Collin County)
Last Seen on: 9/3/2009
Height: 5' 08"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Age Missing: 85
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: White
Date of Birth: 11/30/1923
Race: White
Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: There is a Silver Alert activation for Mr. Bommarito. He was last seen wearing a gray t-shirt with black and gray pants and white shoes. Mr. Bommarito has been diagnosed with dementia and has not taken his medication. He is possibly traveling in a green 1999 Ford Expedition bearing Michigan license plate BST9664.

You can contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at :

Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0422
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Helpline: (800) 346-3243
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:44:28 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa090903_mo_silveralert.14532c1b6.html
Silver Alert issued for missing Allen man

08:52 PM CDT on Thursday, September 3, 2009

By WFAA.com Reports

ALLEN - Police have issued a Silver Alert for an 85-year-old Allen man who drove away from his home early Thursday afternoon.

Thomas Bommarito suffers from dementia and was last seen at a home in the 2000 block of Wimbledon Drive. The elderly man lives there with his son.

Bommarito's son told authorities his father recently moved to Allen from Michigan and is unfamiliar with the area.

Bommarito was driving a 1999 Ford Expedition, which had half a tank of gas, with the Michigan license plate BST-9664.

The elderly man is 5'8, weighs 180 pounds and has gray hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray T-shirt, dark-colored pants and white shoes.

Anyone with information on Bommarito's whereabouts is asked to call the Allen Police Department at 214-509-4321

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »

I'm wondering if Mr. Bommarito has been found.  I checked for an update from wfaa.com, the source of the article dated 9/03, and there is no update, just the original article.

I then went to the TX DPS missing person's website and scrolled through the newly entered names, and no Thomas Bommarito.  I then tried a search on the site by name, "No Record", and then tried to search by case number, and again "No Record"".  I clicked on the link at the top of the article from TXDPS, and it's noted  there's a page error, it can't be located.   I hope he has been found and is safe.  I will check later and see if there is any news. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:52:45 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »

I'm wondering if Mr. Bommarito has been found.  I checked for an update from wfaa.com, the source of the article dated 9/03, and there is no update, just the original article.

I then went to the TX DPS missing person's website and scrolled through the newly entered names, and no Thomas Bommarito.  I then tried a search on the site by name, "No Record", and then tried to search by case number, and again "No Record"".  I clicked on the link at the top of the article from TXDPS, and it's noted  there's a page error, it can't be located.   I hope he has been found and is safe.  I will check later and see if there is any news. 
Hi Muffy,
I was going through some of the older cases and found this obituary link. The birth date matches the missing persons poster. I don't know if he was found safe than passed away two months later but check this out when you have a moment:

http://www.tributes.com/show/Thomas-Bommarito-87433162

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »

I'm wondering if Mr. Bommarito has been found.  I checked for an update from wfaa.com, the source of the article dated 9/03, and there is no update, just the original article.

I then went to the TX DPS missing person's website and scrolled through the newly entered names, and no Thomas Bommarito.  I then tried a search on the site by name, "No Record", and then tried to search by case number, and again "No Record"".  I clicked on the link at the top of the article from TXDPS, and it's noted  there's a page error, it can't be located.   I hope he has been found and is safe.  I will check later and see if there is any news.  
Hi Muffy,
I was going through some of the older cases and found this obituary link. The birth date matches the missing persons poster. I don't know if he was found safe than passed away two months later but check this out when you have a moment:

http://www.tributes.com/show/Thomas-Bommarito-87433162

Cartfly, I believe the obituary you've posted is indeed for the gentleman reported missing.  I'm not sure of the circumstances of his passing, but I think we should move his thread to "Missing Found Deceased".  If anyone is able to determine he was found safe and then passed on after, I can move it to that thread, and then add the obituary.  I really think it's important to get things right, since it's one of the last things we can do for those that have gone before us.  My condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Bommarito, may he rest in peace.   an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:43:54 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:23:38 AM »

I found the complete obituary:
http://www.bcfh.com/obituaries/ThomasBommarito1121361205/#/Obituary

Obituary for Thomas Bommarito
Thomas Bommarito. Age 86.

December 2, 2009 in Allen, Texas.

Beloved husband of the late Yaseme"Jessie".

Loving father of Thomas, Darryl, John(Lynda) and Greg.

Proud grandfather of 5.

Visitation at the St. Clair Shores Chapel of the Bagnasco & Calcaterra Funeral Home Saturday 2-9pm and Sunday 1-9pm with evening rosary 7pm.

Funeral Monday Instate 9:30am St. Isaac Jogues Church, 21120 Madison, St. Clair Shores till time of mass 10am

Interment Resurrection Cemetery.

To send a memorial gift to the family of Thomas Bommarito please visit our Sympathy Store.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.