April 19, 2024, 06:10:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulf Of Mexico - Giant Oil Find - No oil for America  (Read 1462 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 04, 2009, 02:48:34 AM »

BP Pushes Back Exploration Boundaries With Gulf of Mexico Find

By Fred Pals and Eduard Gismatullin

Sept. 3 (Bloomberg) -- BP Plc’s “giant” oil discovery beneath the Gulf of Mexico shows the lengths producers are having to go to replace dwindling reserves because many of the world’s largest fields remain off-limits.

Nations that are rich in oil and gas, such as Russia, the world’s biggest energy supplier, are restricting foreign access to resources as part of a policy described by Hayward in June as “a new form of protectionism” or “resource nationalism.”

No drilling for America.  The Obama administration sends billions to Brazil's state oil company for drilling offshore, but not a penny for American drilling.

The dollar is being dumped by many nations, slowly. 

How long before the dollar collapses?  How long before American money is completely worthless and Americans can't import oil to keep the nation going?

No oil for heat, no gas for your car, no diesel for school buses or trucks. 

I don't think the green revolution will get here soon enough.

No money for green enhancements. 

American in Depression?  Debt for generations?

Reckless spending and foolish policies to continue?

When will America work FOR Americans?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:51:06 AM »

Announcement of the discovery boosted Petrobras' locally traded shares throughout trading Wednesday. Petrobras' preferred shares rose 1.9% to 32.21 ($16.99) as of 1625 GMT. The shares outpaced the broader market as measured by the Ibovespa stocks index, which declined 0.3%.

Petrobras' U.S. unit, Petrobras America, holds a 20% stake in the discovery. BP PLC (BP) is operator with a 62% stake, while ConocoPhillips (COP) has 18%.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090902-709639.html

More good news for others.  No oil or jobs for Americans.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:54:55 AM »

Is Offshore Drilling OK? Posted 2009-08-25

If Brazil And Soros Are Involved

President Obama, who largely opposes offshore exploration in all places here save perhaps for the Gulf of Mexico, recently gave the go-ahead to the U.S. Export-Import Bank, an executive branch agency, to invest (either via a direct loan or loan guarantees) some $2 billion toward Brazilian offshore exploration.

This is astounding. If cash-pinched Washington has $2 billion to throw at Petrobras, Brazil’s state-owned oil company, why not just transfer those funds and designate them for offshore drilling here? Why not take steps to make us more energy independent?

Good questions. Bloomberg News has reported that gazillionaire Democratic backer George Soros has acquired more than $800 million in Petrobras stock. Mr. Soros recently sold 22 million common shares of this stock and acquired 5.8 million preferred, or “dividend paying,” shares. Coincidence?

http://www.dailynews-record.com/opinion_details.php?AID=40222&CHID=36

No jobs for America, no oil, no diesel, no gas...

No prosperity.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:59:51 AM »

I guess we can't drill because of fish farms, oceanic factory farms -

Fish farming in Gulf of Mexico gets federal approval

The federal government on Thursday essentially paved the way for the Gulf region to be the first to develop open-ocean aquaculture in federal waters, potentially reaping an additional 64 million pounds of seafood from the ocean. But it's unclear how soon fish farms could actually be built.

Opponents have cited wide-ranging concerns about damage to the Gulf's environment, as well as the effect the industry could have on traditional fishing communities that have relied on catching and selling wild fish. But supporters say the industry could provide an alternative domestic supply to imported, farm-raised seafood.

Currently more than 80 percent of the seafood consumed in the U.S. comes from imports.

It's unclear exactly how congressional action could affect the plans being developed by the administration. A House committee in Washington will be discussing a potential aquaculture bill next Wednesday.

"This is a very hot topic, " said Marianne Cufone, a director with advocacy group Food and Water Watch, which has opposed the legislation. "It has major implications for wild fisheries, nationwide and worldwide, and they just couldn't get it together to make a decision."

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2009/09/fish_farming_in_gulf_of_mexico.html

No jobs for traditional fishermen, but we might have fish farming...

No oil jobs.  No heating oil, no gas for cars, no diesel...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.