April 19, 2024, 12:39:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 276003 times)
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1140 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »

I'm sure the program on the Anthonys cashing in didn't hurt their ratings any either....
Everyone's cashing in..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »

Trimm,  BANG!!  I should have refreshed my page first.

Bang!   

We so need some documents.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »

You are all correct, and i think Lyons sees the importance of images at trial and is trying to get the A's now to go see Casey. I think anything we see on the tapes now will be riddled with poor Caylee and i miss Caylee and all that kind of thing that Casey clearly never said before, which is why Bozo wanted all those tapes destroyed. This is the most perfect case to have under the Sunshine law, imagine if we didnt know all this from the tapes, the famous, "Everything has been taken from ME" line. And about how when casey was bonded out, not one mention of Caylee. These things will all come up in court. Do you think SA still has things the defense doesnt know about, like maybe a fingerprint, or are they required to turn everything over to defense before trial

I think every State should have a Sunshine law.  Many more convictions would happen if people could see the real person and not the sanitized version the Defense produces.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys..guess they haven't put up a video of the Kealing report from the 11:00 PM news yet.  I can't wait to see who it is that 'came out'.

Lee finally "came out"???

Do No Evil 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »

I believe that they do have book deal in the making and possibly a movie as well. And yes, the ever changing story...there is only one story, it's called the truth, but as we all know, the truth and the Anthonys are strangers. And they love the spotlight in order to keep the blood money coming in. MOO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »

You are all correct, and i think Lyons sees the importance of images at trial and is trying to get the A's now to go see Casey. I think anything we see on the tapes now will be riddled with poor Caylee and i miss Caylee and all that kind of thing that Casey clearly never said before, which is why Bozo wanted all those tapes destroyed. This is the most perfect case to have under the Sunshine law, imagine if we didnt know all this from the tapes, the famous, "Everything has been taken from ME" line. And about how when casey was bonded out, not one mention of Caylee. These things will all come up in court. Do you think SA still has things the defense doesnt know about, like maybe a fingerprint, or are they required to turn everything over to defense before trial

I think every State should have a Sunshine law.  Many more convictions would happen if people could see the real person and not the sanitized version the Defense produces.

AMEN and Halleluiah! That farce of an investigation and cover up would not be going on in New Haven Ct in the Yale murder of Annie Le if that was so! JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: September 24, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys..guess they haven't put up a video of the Kealing report from the 11:00 PM news yet.  I can't wait to see who it is that 'came out'.

Lee finally "came out"???

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1147 on: September 24, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2009/09/casey-anthony-prosecution-strikes-back.html

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Casey Anthony: The Prosecution Strikes Back

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1148 on: September 24, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2009/09/casey-anthony-prosecution-strikes-back.html

snipped>  Continuing on in his rather "snarky" tone, Ashton comments that....
 Monkey Devil!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1149 on: September 24, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »

Monkey Devil!

IMO....he has every right to be snarky. It's too bad he can't say in the motion how he really feels!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1150 on: September 24, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »

Casey Anthony: WESH explores value of paid-for information and highlights that Cindy receives money

posted by halboedeker on Sep 24, 2009 9:14:32 AM

Discuss This: Comments (0)
| TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

For journalists, the Casey Anthony case is increasingly becoming a study in ethics. For the public, it's a matter of basic decency.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing last night highlighted information from Lee Anthony's last deposition.

Prosecutors noted that Cindy Anthony, Lee's mother, had testified that she was receiving "some sort of remuneration" from the murder case, Tom Luka, Lee's former attorney, told the station.

Casey Anthony, Lee's sister and Cindy's daughter, is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

Lee Anthony told prosecutors that he wasn't receiving any money,
Luka said. In fact, several news organizations approached Lee Anthony,
and he turned them all down, Luka said.

Kealing raised the possibility that Cindy Anthony is receiving money from CBS' "48 Hours Mystery" for
a program that is scheduled to air soon. CBS News says it doesn't pay
for interviews, but it does license photographs and video to tell a
story -- a standard practice in the industry.

That's where the journalism ethics come in. Kelly McBride of
the Poynter Institute, a Florida school for journalists, said that if a
licensing fee is a way to pay for information, then that information
could be tainted.

Kealing noted that a network may pay thousands for photos or
footage. He cited the example of ABC's "Good Morning America" paying
meter reader Roy Kronk $20,000 for a photo of a snake. Kronk, who found Caylee's remains, also sat for a "GMA" interview in New York.

Kealing didn't cite other examples. ABC's "20/20" and "Dateline NBC" have paid licensing fees in the Anthony case.

For the public, the issue is simpler. Many people simply see it as
wrong that the Anthonys have benefited in any way from the story of
their granddaughter's death. To those observers, George and Cindy
Anthony betrayed their granddaughter and obscured the truth.

Morning programs, such as NBC's "Today," CNN's "Larry King Live" and
CBS' "Early Show," have flown George and Cindy Anthony in for
interviews and put them up in hotels. ABC News paid for the
grandparents' stay in a posh local hotel after Caylee's remains were
found.

But what have the Anthonys done to merit such treatment? It's not
like they have a movie or a book to promote. No, they just have a story
to tell, one that has changed over the months. They also seem to like
the spotlight too much.

Television networks will hold to their line that the licensing is a
standard practice, but the public senses something isn't right with the
arrangement. It just took the shameless example of the Anthonys to give
the issue new prominence.

Do No Evil 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1151 on: September 24, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »

Monkey Devil!

IMO....he has every right to be snarky. It's too bad he can't say in the motion how he really feels!

I'm really happy he is snarky!  I wish he could be even snarkier myself. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: September 24, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »

Monkey Devil!

I'm really happy he is snarky!  I wish he could be even snarkier myself. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1153 on: September 24, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »

I think the fact that Lee has taken no money or done any interviews shows HIS devotion to Casey, which is quite different from George and Cindy. i think this is a big reason why Casey hates them so much. Lee has a job, they dont, they want to continue on the gravy train, what will happen when the money runs out and nobody wants to hire them to walk their dogs, let alone a real job around real people.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1154 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »

I think the fact that Lee has taken no money or done any interviews shows HIS devotion to Casey, which is quite different from George and Cindy. i think this is a big reason why Casey hates them so much. Lee has a job, they dont, they want to continue on the gravy train, what will happen when the money runs out and nobody wants to hire them to walk their dogs, let alone a real job around real people.
I agree with you
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: September 24, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »

I agree with you

'Morning, Monks--I think that at this point the Anthonys have taken enough blood money that, invested wisely, they have enough to live in the style to which they have become accustomed for the rest of their miserable lives. They will never have to do a day's work again.  (Not that George had a habit of doing a day's work much of the time. IMO)

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1156 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:02 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21101165/detail.html
Licensing Fees Bring Money To Anthonys
Networks Pay For Video, Pictures Used In Interviews

POSTED: 8:12 am EDT September 24, 2009
UPDATED: 10:54 am EDT September 24, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some TV networks are making it possible for the Anthony family to make money off the Caylee Anthony case.
Some suspect Cindy Anthony took the money in connection with her upcoming exclusive interview on the CBS news magazine show "48 Hours Mystery."

A representative for the show said, "CBS News did not pay for any interviews relating to the Anthony story. Licensing footage is a standard industry practice done by television news programs to produce a visually complete story."
An attorney for Roy Kronk said that was the licensing fee "Good Morning America" paid for a picture of a rattlesnake he had seen in the woods. Kronk sat for an exclusive interview with the ABC news program.

"If a licensing fee is really a mask to pay a source for his or her information, the problem is then the information itself is tainted," Poynter Institute ethics expert Kelly McBride said.

Luka said plenty of outlets were willing to risk getting tainted information from Lee Anthony.

"My client had been approached by several different news organizations for several different stories and a book deal, and he refused them all," Luka said.

"I think licensing fees should be restricted to fair market value for a piece of material, and there should be policies in place to prohibit journalists from inflating licensing fees to secure interviews," McBride said.

But who determines what fair market value is for pictures and video of Caylee when the story is of such intense public interest and when is someone getting just compensation and when are they blatantly cashing in?
In other words, the network may have paid Cindy Anthony thousands of dollars for her pictures and video.

A journalism ethics expert said overly inflated licensing fees are really a way for networks to secure exclusive interviews and stifle competition. When was the last time someone was offered $20,000 for a picture of a snake?
But who determines what fair market value is for pictures and video of Caylee when the story is of such intense public interest and when is someone getting just compensation and when are they blatantly cashing in?

WESH 2 News tried to obtain more specific information from Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, but he did not return phone calls or text messages.
In Lee Anthony's most recent sworn deposition, his former attorney said prosecutors asked him an unexpected question.

"The question was, 'It came out in your mother's sworn deposition yesterday she was taking remuneration from this case,' and they asked my client, and he said 'no,'" Attorney Tom Luka said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1157 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »

I agree with you

'Morning, Monks--I think that at this point the Anthonys have taken enough blood money that, invested wisely, they have enough to live in the style to which they have become accustomed for the rest of their miserable lives. They will never have to do a day's work again.  (Not that George had a habit of doing a day's work much of the time. IMO)

They make me sick.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1158 on: September 24, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21101165/detail.html

Licensing Fees Bring Money To Anthonys
Networks Pay For Video, Pictures Used In Interviews

POSTED: 8:12 am EDT September 24, 2009
UPDATED: 10:54 am EDT September 24, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some TV networks are making it possible for the Anthony family to make money off the Caylee Anthony case.

In Lee Anthony's most recent sworn deposition, his former attorney said prosecutors asked him an unexpected question.

"The question was, 'It came out in your mother's sworn deposition yesterday she was taking remuneration from this case,' and they asked my client, and he said 'no,'" Attorney Tom Luka said.

Some suspect Cindy Anthony took the money in connection with her upcoming exclusive interview on the CBS news magazine show "48 Hours Mystery."

A representative for the show said, "CBS News did not pay for any interviews relating to the Anthony story. Licensing footage is a standard industry practice done by television news programs to produce a visually complete story."

In other words, the network may have paid Cindy Anthony thousands of dollars for her pictures and video.

A journalism ethics expert said overly inflated licensing fees are really a way for networks to secure exclusive interviews and stifle competition. When was the last time someone was offered $20,000 for a picture of a snake?

An attorney for Roy Kronk said that was the licensing fee "Good Morning America" paid for a picture of a rattlesnake he had seen in the woods. Kronk sat for an exclusive interview with the ABC news program.

"If a licensing fee is really a mask to pay a source for his or her information, the problem is then the information itself is tainted," Poynter Institute ethics expert Kelly McBride said.

Luka said plenty of outlets were willing to risk getting tainted information from Lee Anthony.

"My client had been approached by several different news organizations for several different stories and a book deal, and he refused them all," Luka said.

"I think licensing fees should be restricted to fair market value for a piece of material, and there should be policies in place to prohibit journalists from inflating licensing fees to secure interviews," McBride said.

WESH 2 News tried to obtain more specific information from Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, but he did not return phone calls or text messages.
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1159 on: September 24, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »

Yes lee is devoted to KC-just think a lttle devotion to Caylee is waht is called for
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.