April 19, 2024, 02:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 276006 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1260 on: September 25, 2009, 01:58:27 PM »

[
Grrr! I hope their attempt to create this non-story falls flat, or better still--backfires! It's such a transparent attempt to make it seem as if the FBI is incompetent and to cast doubt on their other findings (such as decomposition in the trunk's air samples). When examining and testing evidence, there is most often some loss, such as with the bones. If they had to worry about losing any particle of a substance or evidence, there would be no forensic science at all. I wonder who Bozo's mole is at Channel 6?

The FBI would have to have known they would lose the evidence by testing it, correct? And for them to take such a risk at losing it to obtain better evidence, would outweigh the decision not to...soooo...I'm thinking they had a pretty good hunch at what they may find, or hope to find, and they got it!...They're only saying that the sticker residue was destroyed, right? Not that they didn't recover any evidence from it?...Ugh, does this make sense.   

Pefect sense. You hit the nail on the head. I hope and pray they got a lovely KC fingerprint.

Ohh, I really, really hope so too! 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1261 on: September 25, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21104174/detail.html
Docs Show Caylee Evidence Destroyed
Fingerprint Test Apparently Destroyed Evidence Of Heart Sticker On Duct Tape
Tony Pipitone

POSTED: Thursday, September 24, 2009
UPDATED: 12:10 pm EDT September 25, 2009
[Caylee Marie Anthony.]
Caylee Marie Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- It was one of the most jaw-dropping, heart-rending disclosures in the case against accused child killer Casey Anthony: that someone intentionally placed a heart-shaped sticker on the duct tape that was wrapped around her daughter Caylee's skull.
The claim was based on a fingerprint examiner at the Federal Bureau of Investigation laboratory reporting that she saw the shape or outline of a heart on the duct tape.

But Local 6 has learned no one else will ever see what that examiner saw because all traces of it were destroyed by testing at the FBI lab.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office cited that report in obtaining a search warrant for arts and crafts materials in the Anthony family home, swearing the FBI lab "noticed residue in the perfect shape of a heart. The heart was not hand drawn and residue appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shaped sticker. It appears the sticker was put on the tape intentionally."

The search warrant was approved, and detectives recovered dozens of heart stickers and the empty backings for heart stickers from the Anthony home during the search on Dec. 20, 2008, nine days after Caylee's body was found dumped in nearby woods.

But Local 6 has obtained a report from the FBI laboratory that reveals all traces of such a shape on the duct tape were destroyed by the FBI lab during a fingerprint-testing process and no photograph of the outline of a heart was taken by the FBI before all traces of it were obliterated.

Some evidence photos have been withheld from public release, so it is not known if any other agency took photos that show an outline of a heart on the tape. But there has been no mention of other such photos in any of the discovery released so far.

Without such an image, a jury will never get to see exactly what was on the duct tape and the size of the outline of the heart cannot be exactly compared to the stickers recovered.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder, child abuse and other crimes in connection with the murder of Caylee, who was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Caylee's remains were found in December. Casey Anthony faces a possible death
penalty if convicted.

Anthony's defense team told Local 6 News on Friday that it is aware the evidence was destroyed but would not comment specifically about it. A defense team spokeswoman only said that Anthony's attorneys are moving forward and preparing for trial.

The disclosure that potential evidence was destroyed comes in a document turned over to the defense but not yet released by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, which has made public 8,000 pages of discovery in the criminal case.

Page 9316 of the discovery, obtained by Local 6 before its official release, is a handwritten FBI Laboratory Activity and Communication Log. In it, FBI lab request coordinator Erin P. Martin makes notes of conversations between FBI agents in the field and the lab in Quantico, Va.

On Dec. 13, two days after the body was found, she describes how Elizabeth K. Fontaine, a forensic examiner in the lab's latent print operations unit, noticed "a heart shape/outline" on the duct tape, but was "unable to see it after powder process." That process is used to lift any fingerprints from materials. No such prints were found on the tape, according to previously released FBI lab reports.

But the presence of a heart shape on the tape begs an obvious question: Did the FBI lab photograph the outline of the heart before it was apparently obliterated by the powder process?

Martin answers the question with her next notation: "No photo of image."

But agents assisting the sheriff's office at the crime scene were clearly intrigued.

Two days later, on Dec. 15, 2008, Martin logs a call from an FBI evidence response team agent working in Orlando: "Agent wanted to know if TEU (the lab's trace evidence unit) saw anything on tape." Martin apparently checks and writes next: "Per TEU: No, didn't see any heart-shaped item."
She then checks again with the latent print unit and writes: "Shape/outline was … near end on non-adh(esive) side."

And that's the last mention of the heart shape in the five-page FBI communication log, which ends on Dec. 22, 2008.

While a jury will apparently never see the image that Fontaine reported seeing, prosecutors could seek to introduce testimony at trial about the shape or outline of a heart on the duct tape.

The warrant shows investigators clearly tried to tie any heart stickers found in the Anthony home to the reported shape on the duct tape and another heart sticker found in the woods near Caylee's body. The warrant notes "in the search area investigators located a small heart-shaped sticker similar in size to the residue found on the duct tape."

But the sticker found in the woods was 30 to 40 feet away from where Caylee's skull was found, and it was affixed to cardboard. Also, Local 6 compared it to the heart stickers and sticker sheets found in the Anthony home and found it was not an exact match to any of those photographed and released so far in discovery to the public.

Local 6 left a message with FBI fingerprint analyst Fontaine, asking why she did not take a photo of the image before conducting the powder test that apparently destroyed any trace of it. The phone call has not been returned.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1262 on: September 25, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »

Anthony Defense: No Evidence Of Heart Sticker
Investigators: Heart-Shaped Sticker Found On Caylee's Skull
POSTED: 11:37 am EDT September 25, 2009
UPDATED: 11:48 am EDT September 25, 2009
<snipped>
The defense team of Casey Anthony said there is no evidence of a heart-shaped sticker allegedly found across Caylee Anthony's skull.

Investigators claim they found sheets of similar stickers among Anthony's belongings.

Attorney Jose Baez's spokeswoman was reacting to reports that the FBI destroyed evidence of the sticker residue on the tape when they were testing it for fingerprints.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21114372/detail.html

Well, at least we saw THIS coming. 
We sure did...I'm surprised it took them this long for a response.

Grrr! I hope their attempt to create this non-story falls flat, or better still--backfires! It's such a transparent attempt to make it seem as if the FBI is incompetent and to cast doubt on their other findings (such as decomposition in the trunk's air samples). When examining and testing evidence, there is most often some loss, such as with the bones. If they had to worry about losing any particle of a substance or evidence, there would be no forensic science at all. I wonder who Bozo's mole is at Channel 6?

The mole-  probably the noted dingbat- Jessica D'Onofrio-  she's always very sympathetic to Cindy.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1263 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »

You are all correct, and i think Lyons sees the importance of images at trial and is trying to get the A's now to go see Casey. I think anything we see on the tapes now will be riddled with poor Caylee and i miss Caylee and all that kind of thing that Casey clearly never said before, which is why Bozo wanted all those tapes destroyed. This is the most perfect case to have under the Sunshine law, imagine if we didnt know all this from the tapes, the famous, "Everything has been taken from ME" line. And about how when casey was bonded out, not one mention of Caylee. These things will all come up in court. Do you think SA still has things the defense doesnt know about, like maybe a fingerprint, or are they required to turn everything over to defense before trial

I think every State should have a Sunshine law.  Many more convictions would happen if people could see the real person and not the sanitized version the Defense produces.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1264 on: September 25, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Can someone help me?  When I go to the HO site to see what they wrote or videos or whatever it is...all I get is 4 large boxes with a little box inside with little blue and red boxes.  I have reloaded it numerous times and still nothing else appears.  Does anyone know what I can do to be able to see what they have?

TIA

http://humbleopinion.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/casey-cindy-and-georgelies-part-1-2-of-4/
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1265 on: September 25, 2009, 03:21:22 PM »

Can someone help me?  When I go to the HO site to see what they wrote or videos or whatever it is...all I get is 4 large boxes with a little box inside with little blue and red boxes.  I have reloaded it numerous times and still nothing else appears.  Does anyone know what I can do to be able to see what they have?

TIA

http://humbleopinion.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/casey-cindy-and-georgelies-part-1-2-of-4/

Try going here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKHxCr0WmE   Part 1 should come up, then over on the right side is a listing where you can view parts 2 - 4. If you still can't bring them up, let me know and I will post them here.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1266 on: September 25, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »

TIA

Thanks so much...I have rebooted a few times trying to bring it up without success.  Youtube shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks again

Try going here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGKHxCr0WmE   Part 1 should come up, then over on the right side is a listing where you can view parts 2 - 4. If you still can't bring them up, let me know and I will post them here.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »

TIA

Thanks so much...I have rebooted a few times trying to bring it up without success.  Youtube shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks again
You're welcome!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: September 25, 2009, 04:33:44 PM »

UPDATED: 11:48 am EDT September 25, 2009
<snipped>
The defense team of Casey Anthony said there is no evidence of a heart-shaped sticker allegedly found across Caylee Anthony's skull.

Investigators claim they found sheets of similar stickers among Anthony's belongings.

Attorney Jose Baez's spokeswoman was reacting to reports that the FBI destroyed evidence of the sticker residue on the tape when they were testing it for fingerprints.

Well, at least we saw THIS coming. 
We sure did...I'm surprised it took them this long for a response.

The mole-  probably the noted dingbat- Jessica D'Onofrio-  she's always very sympathetic to Cindy.

More than that WO, do we all remember in open court when Bozo referred to D'Onofrio has his "source" of information in this case.   This is definitely a defense leak of giving info or suggesting to find it to create just what has occurred - my gut tells me its going to turn from a firestorm to a sizzled out strike of a match.

It is extremely common that evidence gets destroyed in the testing process, especially when dealing with a very samll quantity, what I'm noticing is that it is NOT stated that there is NO picture in existence whatsoever from time of discovery forward.   Upon reflection I had a recall of seeing a pic with the outline & now due to the lenght of time that has elapsed it isnt fresh in my mind - o grief that means going back to look in discovery.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: September 25, 2009, 04:37:06 PM »

"The disclosure that potential evidence was destroyed comes in a document turned over to the defense but not yet released by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, which has made public 8,000 pages of discovery in the criminal case.

Page 9316 of the discovery, obtained by Local 6 before its official release, is a handwritten FBI Laboratory Activity and Communication Log. In it, FBI lab request coordinator Erin P. Martin makes notes of conversations between FBI agents in the field and the lab in Quantico, Va."

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: September 25, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »

I thought we're due for a doc dump.

On n'apprend pas aux vieux singes à faire des grimaces.     

OK, I looked this up: #1 "You can't teach your grandma to suck eggs."

#2 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"

#3"You can't teach an old monkey new faces."

Now which is it?????

You can tell the defense to go suck eggs!

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1271 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »

Now which is it?????

Maybe Casey could teach them how judging from some of her myspace pics. 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1272 on: September 25, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »

Now which is it?????

Then it must say:

You can tell the defense to go suck sperm?

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: September 25, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »

You two.    Monkey Devil!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1274 on: September 25, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »

Now which is it?????

Then it must say:

You can tell the defense to go suck sperm?

~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: September 25, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »

O/T

UPDATE IN THE LINDSEY BAUM CASE!

Search warrants issued in Lindsey Baum disappearance
Story Published: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM PDT
Story Updated: Sep 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM PDT

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/61475637.html

Re: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 -

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5810.1240

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1276 on: September 25, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

But Local 6 has obtained a report from the FBI laboratory that reveals all traces of such a shape on the duct tape were destroyed by the FBI lab during a fingerprint-testing process and no photograph of the outline of a heart was taken by the FBI before all traces of it were obliterated.     

What have we been looking at all these months- a red heart sticker- where did that image come from?
   U are right what have we been looking at-the ruler next  to heart-waht was that
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1277 on: September 25, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »

"The disclosure that potential evidence was destroyed comes in a document turned over to the defense but not yet released by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, which has made public 8,000 pages of discovery in the criminal case.

Page 9316 of the discovery, obtained by Local 6 before its official release, is a handwritten FBI Laboratory Activity and Communication Log. In it, FBI lab request coordinator Erin P. Martin makes notes of conversations between FBI agents in the field and the lab in Quantico, Va."

Thanks Capp! And if I was writing for the Sentinel, the headline would read: Bingo! Blabbing Baez Busted! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1278 on: September 25, 2009, 06:41:21 PM »

Thanks Capp! And if I was writing for the Sentinel, the headline would read: Bingo! Blabbing Baez Busted! 

Monkey Devil!   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1279 on: September 25, 2009, 07:20:45 PM »

UPDATED: 6:05 pm EDT September 25, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense team of Casey Anthony said there is no evidence of a heart-shaped sticker allegedly found across Caylee Anthony's skull.

Casey Anthony is charged with murder in connection with her 2-year-old daughter's death.

"When the FBI admits it destroyed evidence any reasonable legal mind must ask the question, was it ever there to begin with?" Marti MacKenzie said. "Our defense team has been saying for six months, absolutely not."

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he believes prosecutors can still use similarity between the tape found on the child's skull with tape on a gas can from the Anthony home and detectives who saw residue of the sticker on the duct tape could testify it appeared to match stickers found in Casey Anthony's belongings.
"I'm not convinced Baez would be able to get this evidence excluded if it was destroyed in the process of trying to get a fingerprint," he said. "That is excusable conduct on the part of the state."

Conway: No Paid Interviews For While I Represented Cindy Anthony

Also on Friday, Cindy Anthony's attorney Brad Conway said no interview has ever been paid for during his representation of the Anthonys.

In Lee Anthony's most recent sworn deposition, his former attorney said prosecutors asked him an unexpected question.

"The question was, 'It came out in your mother's sworn deposition yesterday she was taking remuneration from this case,' and they asked my client, and he said 'no,'" Attorney Tom Luka said.

Some suspect Cindy Anthony took the money in connection with her upcoming exclusive interview on the CBS news magazine show "48 Hours Mystery."

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.