March 29, 2024, 01:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 275553 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2009, 03:10:15 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20911873/detail.html

Big Question In Anthony Case: How Did Caylee Die?

Some Wonder If Prosecutors Can Prove Murder

POSTED: 7:02 pm EDT September 14, 2009
UPDATED: 11:05 pm EDT September 14, 2009

***SNIPED***

O my my my....this is extremely interesting coming from Luka, not only did he represent Lee BUT he also sat in on the interviews that Nick Savage/FBI & Sgt John Allen conducted of Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover at Brad Conway & Tom Luka's offices.    I remember wondering immediately why Brad Conway sitting in on behalf of Dominic Casey & objecting at certain points wasnt a conflict of interest, amongst other things gleaned from those interviews, the same was forwarded to M&M.

[i]"It suggests a certain level of commitment or premeditation," said attorney Tom Luka, who at one time represented Anthony's brother, Lee. He also has prosecuted about 50 fifty homicide cases.

Luka said the state can use Casey Anthony's own lies and deception to fill the hole in their case. "If it was an accident, then the prosecution can hammer the jury with why didn't she come clean initially," he said.[/i]

That argument rings true for others who've followed the case.

Said James Lormand, "Whether it was an accident or not that killed her, the fact that she tried to cover it up still means she's guilty."

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2009, 03:43:34 AM »

Capp, are you sure?  Are those your words buried up there in that last post?  Saying that Tom Luka "sat in on" the OCSO/FBI interviews with Dominic Casey and James Hoover?  (along with Brad.)

Jan. 7 interview with DC states that Conway was there, but not Luka.  I skimmed through it and only noticed TL peeking in briefly toward the end, to ask if he could speak w/Brad for a moment, and asking LE if they needed him for anything; they said no.  Am I reading this wrong, or are you talking of a different interview?

Hoover's interview -- I don't see Brad mentioned as having been there, nor Luka.  What am I missing?  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong transcript?  Help!

You also said earlier that Cindy gave the wrong hairbrush to the FBI.  (Forgive me if I'm mistaken; I believe it was you and am too sleepy to go back and verify at this moment.)  I thought she gave it to OCSO, but ICBW of course.  Or was there also a visit to the A home by FBI, where another hair brush was requested?

And you used a term like "wrapped around her head" (not a direct quote; just from memory) when referring to the duct tape, when we know from the autopsy report that the tape was not wound around mummy style.. don't we? What did you mean? 

Also today you stated that "We now know that they sent" DC and JH to the woods in November..."  (again, not a direct quote) --  Who is "they?"  And how do we "now know" this?

I am not trying to be difficult, I am really thinking I must have missed something.  I have only seen the one statement of Cindy's per Yuri in the search warrant narrative, where she stated that "she" had people walk "that area" a month before and there was nothing there.  She doesn't say what people she means.  And she is a she, not a they.  Have we seen proof that she was speaking of DC and JH?  Or have we seen proof of who if anyone actually did "send" Dominic and/or Hoover there?  Ginette Lucas played a role? Yes or no?  Daisy chain ruled out?  Or is this what you meant by "they?"  Please please tell me the rest of the story!  I want to understand this and your statement made me ponder.

I am not trying to be difficult, but for someone who likes to have things pinned down, your posts sometimes leave me uneasy.  I never feel comfortable just assuming that you have misstated something or made a boo-boo (like the ones I always make) because I'm aware that you might have information that I don't have - since you have direct contact with LE involved in this case.  If you have time and don't mind, could you please clear up some of this for me?

TIA
Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »

Did you notice I inadvertently repeated the phrase "I'm not trying to be difficult?"

I probably am being difficult anyway.  But really, I'm not trying to be!!   

Just sleepy and feeling confused.  Hope what I was asking made sense, and if you don't feel like replying, that's okay.

(Sorry for o/t.)

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2009, 07:08:48 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2009, 07:12:18 AM »

UPDATED: 5:57 am EDT September 15, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony is like a giant puzzle of circumstantial evidence with one giant piece missing.

Without proof that Caylee was murdered, some say it will be much tougher for prosecutors to get the conviction they are looking for.

How did Caylee die? Was it suffocation? Strangulation? Accidental drowning? No one knows for sure.
"The prosecution still has no evidence how she died," attorney Richard Hornsby told WESH 2 News. "Was it accidental or intentional?"

Some people who have followed the case still don't think Caylee was murdered.

Without clearer evidence of how Caylee died, some say it would be hard for them to convict her mother Casey of premeditated murder.

Hornsby said, "If their goal is to get the death penalty, they need to come up with that evidence. It's way too weak."

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee, who was 2 when she was reported missing in 2008. When Caylee's body was found in December 2008, an autopsy revealed no exact cause of death.

Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty, when the trial is held in 2010. Anthony is in Orange County Jail on no bond.

The state's evidence includes Web searches for chloroform and neck-breaking, suggesting this was premeditated. They also have duct tape on Caylee's skull -- a hint something horrible happened to her.
They also witnesses reporting the smell of death in Anthony's car and a single decomposing hair in the trunk.

But does all this mean Caylee was murdered?

"It suggests a certain level of commitment or premeditation," said attorney Tom Luka, who at one time represented Anthony's brother, Lee. He also has prosecuted about 50 fifty homicide cases.

Luka said the state can use Casey Anthony's own lies and deception to fill the hole in their case.

"If it was an accident, then the prosecution can hammer the jury with why didn't she come clean initially," he said.

Said James Lormand, "Whether it was an accident or not that killed her, the fact that she tried to cover it up still means she's guilty."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2009, 07:15:51 AM »

Right back at ya Wyks!

^ Yup, just like Cindy admitted with a tone of defiance that she gave the FBI the wrong hairbrush after they very specifically asked for one that Caylee used OR the fact that she washed Casey's smelly, stained paints proceeding to take them to the dry cleaners as well & the Anthonys taking that deathmobile home & cleaning it out instead of calling 911 right at the tow yard upon discoverying the evidence of their granddaughter's murder in that trunk-- why would she think to do ANY of that if she believed her slore of a daughter was innocent...there is NO reason to tamper with or destroy evidence nor is there any reason to give law enforcement the wrong items or information other than she is a willing conspirator to conceal a crime.

And yesssss, exactly!  The list of things CinCin has done and said that seem to qualify as being obstruction of justice is astronomical, IMO.  And begins back when they first found that car and she texted what she did to Casey.  Hopefully LE is preparing a cell just for CinCin, and an arrest will be made when they are finished up with Casey, who will then be trotted off to the nearest prison.  Maybe they can only handle one Anthony at a time in that jail.   

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Hoping you are right.

Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/14/attorneys_dominic_casey39s_story_not_adding_up.html

Attorneys: Dominic Casey's Story Not Adding Up
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:51:57 AM
ORLANDO -- Lawyers representing Zenaida Gonzalez in the civil case against Casey Anthony are trying to depose a private investigator.

Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys claim Dominic Casey is telling two different stories -- one to investigators and another to the court.

At a hearing last week, Dominic Casey testified he worked for Casey Anthony, her lawyer, and her parents since July 2008.

But in January, he told an Orange County investigator he has only worked for George and Cindy Anthony since last October, meaning he was free to answer questions about conversations he had with them.

In the criminal case, Judge Stan Strickland concluded the information was not privileged, and could be released to the public.

The judge in the civil case originally denied the original deposition request.  Now Gonzalez's lawyers have filed another request.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-missing-piece-is-how-caylee-died-wesh-says.html
Casey Anthony: Missing piece is how Caylee died, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Sep 14, 2009 11:48:47 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The uncertainty over how Caylee Anthony died is the major missing piece in what WESH-Channel 2 anchor Jim Payne called "a giant puzzle of circumstantial evidence."

In the hyped report, reporter Bob Kealing interviewed a couple of attorneys and several people who have followed the case against Casey Anthony. She is charged with the first-degree of her daughter. The report reminded viewers that the case is no slam-dunk against her.

What are people in the street saying? One woman said she thought the child's death had been an accident, and another woman said it would be difficult to convict Anthony without clearer evidence. But a man said that Anthony's attempts to cover up the crime exposed her guilt.

"The prosecution still has no evidence to tell you exactly how she [Caylee] died, what caused her death," said Richard Hornsby, a defense attorney who does analysis for the station.

Kealing listed some major pieces of circumstantial evidence that suggest premeditation: the computer searches into neck-breaking, the duct tape on Caylee's skull, the scent of death in Casey's car and the single strand of decomposing hair.

Attorney Tom Luka said the prosecution can use Casey's lies to make up for any deficiencies in evidence. Luka used to represent Lee Anthony, Casey's brother.

But Kealing concluded: "Without Caylee's cause of death, jurors could find it significantly more difficult to convict Casey of murder."

What do you think?

~ Peter Frampton
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2009, 07:42:24 AM »

Interesting video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmGLTPZqBHU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/UmGLTPZqBHU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Yes, it certainly is considering it was said in September & what we now know that they sent DC to the Suburban Drive woods in Nov a month before Caylee's remains were finally discovered.   Why say "the woods" instead of something less distinct?  The answer appears to be rather obvious.   Here is a thought why it took 2 months between then and Nov to go look, they also knew that the area was under water & maybe they figured it was receded by then...just a thought.   Maybe the prosecution should use that very spot in that video when Cindy testifies &  ask her why mentioned "the woods" specifically & why she waited to send DC to that area until Nov.   Cindy told detectives in Dec after the recovery that she sent "someone" to those woods.   Off the top of my head, if memory serves, am I correct that Dominic Casey reportedly signed his "letter of engagement" with Casey on Sept 15th?

Good question, Capp!! 

And maybe it took til Nov to go look cuz .. well .. one might think that by that time, it would hard if not impossible to figure out cause of death.  Not to mention the more possibility of any other evidence being destroyed, scattered, buh bye.  

If I were gonna cover for someone (which I would NOT!), I would likely want to make it as hard as possible for the law to find anything of evidence left.  And then delay delay delay and lie lie lie.  Sounds pretty much what's gone on in this case.  The A's are looking more and more complicit everyday. 

All the while Casey sits in jail, twiddling her thumbs.  IMO, she's going DOWN, no matter who may have done what in the past or even now to try to help coverup what was done.  And for doing that, they (no matter who that turns out to be), IMO, ought to be going down right along with her. 

All IMO, ya know.       

Right back at ya Wyks!

^ Yup, just like Cindy admitted with a tone of defiance that she gave the FBI the wrong hairbrush after they very specifically asked for one that Caylee used OR the fact that she washed Casey's smelly, stained paints proceeding to take them to the dry cleaners as well & the Anthonys taking that deathmobile home & cleaning it out instead of calling 911 right at the tow yard upon discoverying the evidence of their granddaughter's murder in that trunk-- why would she think to do ANY of that if she believed her slore of a daughter was innocent...there is NO reason to tamper with or destroy evidence nor is there any reason to give law enforcement the wrong items or information other than she is a willing conspirator to conceal a crime.
good morning monkeys --your grand daughter is missing-u are calling 911-the car smells like death-and you do a load of wash-why not just throw the pants out-LE would have nerver known there were pants in the car.  Was she affraid KC would get mad at her if she threw the pants out-how nuts are these people anyway-
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2009, 07:50:11 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-missing-piece-is-how-caylee-died-wesh-says.html
Casey Anthony: Missing piece is how Caylee died, WESH says
posted by halboedeker on Sep 14, 2009 11:48:47 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The uncertainty over how Caylee Anthony died is the major missing piece in what WESH-Channel 2 anchor Jim Payne called "a giant puzzle of circumstantial evidence."

In the hyped report, reporter Bob Kealing interviewed a couple of attorneys and several people who have followed the case against Casey Anthony. She is charged with the first-degree of her daughter. The report reminded viewers that the case is no slam-dunk against her.

What are people in the street saying? One woman said she thought the child's death had been an accident, and another woman said it would be difficult to convict Anthony without clearer evidence. But a man said that Anthony's attempts to cover up the crime exposed her guilt.

"The prosecution still has no evidence to tell you exactly how she [Caylee] died, what caused her death," said Richard Hornsby, a defense attorney who does analysis for the station.

Kealing listed some major pieces of circumstantial evidence that suggest premeditation: the computer searches into neck-breaking, the duct tape on Caylee's skull, the scent of death in Casey's car and the single strand of decomposing hair.

Attorney Tom Luka said the prosecution can use Casey's lies to make up for any deficiencies in evidence. Luka used to represent Lee Anthony, Casey's brother.

But Kealing concluded: "Without Caylee's cause of death, jurors could find it significantly more difficult to convict Casey of murder."

What do you think?

Caylee is dead-her mother has lied-and party after Caylee went missing-I dont care how she died -she is dead and her mother killed her period  D.P for her-just that first phone call from jail  --when all she wanted was Tony phone number-the time she wasted taking LE all around town- as far as I am concern this case is a slam dunk
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »

YEAHHHH .......FRY HER      

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »

cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »

Don't know what happend to the post-but I can understand Sin Sin trying to protect KC-she lost Caylee and I think she loved Caylee but she did not protect her for the evil one- what is unforgivable is her trying to blame Innocent people like Jessie-and putting that family Thu Hell just to protect your daughter that to me is the worst thing she has done.  Dont know how she sleeps at night-
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

Interesting comments on Luka's part. Hmmm, do you think Lee talked to him and told him things about knowing that Caylee was dead and where she was?? Luka is the one that got is Use Immunity, I think he's letting a cat out of the bag on what he and Lee knows! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »

UPDATED: 11:05 pm EDT September 14, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony is like a giant puzzle of circumstantial evidence with one giant piece missing.

Without proof that Caylee was murdered, some say it will be much tougher for prosecutors to get the conviction they are looking for.

How did Caylee die? Was it suffocation? Strangulation? Accidental drowning? No one knows for sure.

"The prosecution still has no evidence how she died," attorney Richard Hornsby told WESH 2 News. "Was it accidental or intentional?"

Some people who have followed the case still don't think Caylee was murdered.

"Yes I do, I believe it was accident," said Agnes Gaddy.

Without clearer evidence of how Caylee died, some say it would be hard for them to convict her mother Casey of premeditated murder.

Hornsby said, "If their goal is to get the death penalty, they need to come up with that evidence. It's way too weak."

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee, who was 2 when she was reported missing in 2008. When Caylee's body was found in December 2008, an autopsy revealed no exact cause of death.

Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty, when the trial is held in 2010. Anthony is in Orange County Jail on no bond.

The state's evidence includes Web searches for chloroform and neck-breaking, suggesting this was premeditated. They also have duct tape on Caylee's skull -- a hint something horrible happened to her.

They also witnesses reporting the smell of death in Anthony's car and a single decomposing hair in the trunk.

But does all this mean Caylee was murdered?

"It suggests a certain level of commitment or premeditation," said attorney Tom Luka, who at one time represented Anthony's brother, Lee. He also has prosecuted about 50 fifty homicide cases.

Luka said the state can use Casey Anthony's own lies and deception to fill the hole in their case.

"If it was an accident, then the prosecution can hammer the jury with why didn't she come clean initially," he said.

Good Morning Monks old and new.

RH says: "The prosecution still has no evidence how she died," attorney Richard Hornsby told WESH 2 News. "Was it accidental or intentional?"

*******uuuummmmmm do you think the duct tape around her mouth and nose might be a clue to your answer??

I just looked at the poll....78% say not an accident

Do you still think Caylee Anthony's death could possibly have been an accident?
Choice    Votes    Percentage of 756 Votes
Yes            120            16%
No            593            78%
I don't know    43    6%

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »

OK, come on, these people need to use their head and not concentrate so much and the letter of the law. How can a two year old little girl "Accidentally" had heavy duty duct tape wrapped around her head, nose and mouth, tight enough that month later, after being under water for so long, is still attached to her skull and hair?? Accident??? Was it an "accident" that her little body was left in the woods to decay as her Mom went on about her party life?? Please tell me what part was an "accident"?? Would these ridiculous people feel it was an "Accident" if their child or grandchild or even neighbor was found in such a state???   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2009, 09:29:05 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/video/20911069/index.html

Lie May Be Exposed In Casey Anthony Case
Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers say they've exposed a major new lie in the case against Casey Anthony. (09/14/09)

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »

I see that Luka is no longer representing Lee-  interesting how these attorneys are distancing themselves from this toxic family-  NeJame, Luka.... who's next?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »

Interesting comments on Luka's part. Hmmm, do you think Lee talked to him and told him things about knowing that Caylee was dead and where she was?? Luka is the one that got is Use Immunity, I think he's letting a cat out of the bag on what he and Lee knows! 

I am surprised at Luka's comments.
Since he was Lee's former aty, why is he commenting at all?  
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20907568/detail.html

Anthonys' P.I. Accused Of Lying On Stand

Posted: 2:53 pm EDT September 14, 2009Updated: 7:17 pm EDT September 14, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers say they've exposed a lie in the case against Casey Anthony. They say the Anthonys' private investigator, Dominic Casey, was not telling the truth on the witness stand last week.

Also, a new motion from the prosecution claims one of Casey's lawyers is either lying or not playing by the court's rules.

Lawyers say Dominic Casey's contradictions about whether he was part of the defense team in November when he searched woods where Caylee Anthony's remains were later found, could be a bombshell in the murder case.

Last week under oath, the private eye said he was working for Casey's defense team when he searched the woods in November.

"You would be working under contract for Casey Anthony, Jose Baez and George and Cindy? All at that time?" asked attorney Keith Mitnik.

"That would be correct," responded Dominic Casey.

If that's true, WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says it links Casey Anthony to her daughter's remains in the woods.

"It is more likely then that the information that lead him to that area came from someone in the defense team who had the knowledge this body was there," Sheaffer said.

But in June 2008, the private investigator told detectives under oath that he was not working for the defense during the search.

"When did you terminate with Jose Baez?" asked an investigator.

"The termination was October 1," replied Dominic Casey.

The contradiction raises questions about the claim that a psychic sent him to the woods. Compounding the problem is a recent mistake by Casey's defense.

"The body or remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up in the Orange County jail. There is substantial evidence and that proves, your honor her innocence," defense attorney Todd Mancaluso stated in court.

Prosecutors demanded that the defense hand over that evidence, which they are legally required to do. If nothing is handed over, it backfires on Casey Anthony.

There were two hearings that were requested by prosecutors and lawyers for Zenaida Gonzalez on the issues.

Also, 2,000 pages of criminal discovery are expected to be released sometime after next week.

Casey Anthony remains in the Orange County jail, charged with murdering her daughter Caylee.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.