April 20, 2024, 01:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 276026 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: September 22, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »

Anyone can ask to review documents & copy, fee for making copies - usually picking up in person required.

Ashton probably wants the transcript since it is verbatim & GJ is held in secret so it would have to be unsealed in order to discuss prior to trial.

ddex, the depositions taken by the SA's office have not been released

Interesting what Diana Tennis said on  January 22, 2009

"What Jose Baez needs right now is a time machine so he can go back about five months and redo this whole thing altogether. He did not leave himself any options. He did not leave himself a mental health out. He did not leave himself a, "It was an accident with a botched cover-up job." He did not leave himself any alternatives there at the beginning. And I think that has really boxed him into a corner.

You know, unfortunately, he was on TV a week before the body is found, claiming this child's alive. That doesn't give you a whole lot of extra credibility to go into jury selection with. And you got to do with what you have, at this point, but I think he needs a time machine."

Hmmm...and now she represents Dominic Casey whom the Anthonys & Baez knew went to the Suburban woods with a shovel & Probe a month before the remains were discovered in November, a claim her own client has made.   Seems to me she boxed him more into a corner now didnt she      Here she is not only being rather critical of a fellow defense attorney but she eludes to the fact that he possibly lied on behalf of his client.

Psst, am I invisible these days?

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »

I had an opportunity to testify before a GJ once, and it was honestly scary. I'm thinking George took it very seriously. I didn't have an atty, like he did, but I was there requesting they re-open a case and examine it again in terms of recommended charges. What threw me is what I'm sure George came up against. Before I was allowed to speak, or before I was asked a single question, I was slowly read a very stern and specific statute that clearly states that if I lied, embellished, or made a false statement before the GJ, I was subject to mandatory sentencing that would require imprisonment. 

My intentions were certainly to tell the truth, but I admit I wanted to persuade them to up the charges they had rendered, and it curtailed some of my arguments. I weighed every single word in terms of whether I was making assumptions or not.

No one was there except the 12 Grand Jurors, the DA, who had a lot of influence (too much, I think) with the jurors, and a State's representitive. I've been in courtrooms and even foreman of a jury, but this was different. It's very sobering, and I'd bet that George took it very seriously. 
I can see that it would be intimidating.  Hopefully, George was completely honest at this juncture.  I have to contrast the solemnity of that appearance with his combative and arrogant demeanor when he was called by L. Drane-Burdick.  What changed for him to think that he could be so defiant and uncooperative?  At first, he seemed to be very honest and forthright, but he has an air of entitlement about him now.  I'm so glad that he's being called on it.  Eventually, I hope that Cindy is also hauled up short and made to answer for her "mistruths".

You asked: What changed for him to think that he could be so defiant and uncooperative? IMOO, his fear of loosing his money train.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »

Tupelo, that and now his monster faces the DP, not to mention the fact that he feels the need to be whipped by that crazy woman he married!  These people honestly thought that Casey would get away with what she did & they would get away with conspiring to help her cover it up.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: September 22, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »

I agree that GA was most likely more truthful in the GJ testimony, but as far as being completely honest, I doubt it. Depending on what questions he was asked, there may not be all that many inconsistencies from his depos. I wonder if one of the questions was the timeline on the last time he saw Caylee and KC? In my eyes he is the most twisted player in this family of freaks!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: September 22, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »

OK we are not getting the documents soooooooo I contacted Bob Kealing asking for his help....here is his reply

XXXXX, thanks for your nice words. I'll try to respond when I can. Here are a few things I can tell you: You might try emailing Allen Moore over at the jail about Casey's jail account. I've never seen a contribution from Tracy. Casey is accepting no visitors. In terms of the discovery document release, we are all at the mercy of the state attorney's office which takes longer to get documents to the public then it takes them to release them to Baez. Finally, the motion about George has nothing more than we reported. That's why its not worth putting on line. Take good care, Bob.

**** It struck me a bit odd that he suggested I contact Allen Moore at the jail.
So, I started looking at Florida's Sunshine Law.

The "Sunshine" Law
119.01 General state policy on public records -
(1) It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. Providing access to public records is a duty of each agency.
— Florida Statute, Chapter 119.01

***** if I am reading this correctly any one of use can request these documents.   The law says the records are open for personal inspection and copying...so it might mean one would have to do this in person.  I am going to do as Bob Kealing suggested and contact Mr. Moore and see if I can get kc's visitation log and commissary log. That's a start to see what we might have to do to get these records and a pathway to getting the other documents.  Any suggestions before I start this???

Hey Sunny!        I don't have any suggestions - it seems like you're already on a roll.   It would be cool to see all of the commissary and visitation records for KC.   I wonder if they would mail the records to you - or email them, if they are scanned already.        Good job!

I have a very nice, informative chat with Mr. Allen.  He handles media requests and is not allowed to handle public information requests. However put me in touch with another officer who hands GP requests. I left a voice mail message. Mr. Allen wanted to know if I was media and I told him no.  But did tel him Bob Kealing gave me his name. That seemed to open a door and Mr. Allen was really nice. He said don;t pay any attention to NG or JVM due to their 'tabloid' style reporting they are now treated as tabloid He said be careful if it starts out with BOMBSHELL!  We both laughed at that one!!  He said do you remember when NG was reporting kc ordered shrimp cocktail. I replied yes...he laughed and said it was  actually shrimp flavor RAMEN noodles.  I cracked up. He also said NG knew that and still reported it as Shrimp Cocktail!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: September 22, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

OK we are not getting the documents soooooooo I contacted Bob Kealing asking for his help....here is his reply

XXXXX, thanks for your nice words. I'll try to respond when I can. Here are a few things I can tell you: You might try emailing Allen Moore over at the jail about Casey's jail account. I've never seen a contribution from Tracy. Casey is accepting no visitors. In terms of the discovery document release, we are all at the mercy of the state attorney's office which takes longer to get documents to the public then it takes them to release them to Baez. Finally, the motion about George has nothing more than we reported. That's why its not worth putting on line. Take good care, Bob.

**** It struck me a bit odd that he suggested I contact Allen Moore at the jail.

The "Sunshine" Law
(1) It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. Providing access to public records is a duty of each agency.

***** if I am reading this correctly any one of use can request these documents.   The law says the records are open for personal inspection and copying...so it might mean one would have to do this in person.  I am going to do as Bob Kealing suggested and contact Mr. Moore and see if I can get kc's visitation log and commissary log. That's a start to see what we might have to do to get these records and a pathway to getting the other documents.  Any suggestions before I start this???

Sorry I have no suggestions Sunny. 
Thank you for taking the initiative and good luck! 
  for Sunny!

keep your fingers crossed that the public information officer is as nice as Mr. Allen

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: September 22, 2009, 01:40:14 PM »

Anyone can ask to review documents & copy, fee for making copies - usually picking up in person required.

Ashton probably wants the transcript since it is verbatim & GJ is held in secret so it would have to be unsealed in order to discuss prior to trial.

"What Jose Baez needs right now is a time machine so he can go back about five months and redo this whole thing altogether. He did not leave himself any options. He did not leave himself a mental health out. He did not leave himself a, "It was an accident with a botched cover-up job." He did not leave himself any alternatives there at the beginning. And I think that has really boxed him into a corner.

You know, unfortunately, he was on TV a week before the body is found, claiming this child's alive. That doesn't give you a whole lot of extra credibility to go into jury selection with. And you got to do with what you have, at this point, but I think he needs a time machine."

Hmmm...and now she represents Dominic Casey whom the Anthonys & Baez knew went to the Suburban woods with a shovel & Probe a month before the remains were discovered in November, a claim her own client has made.   Seems to me she boxed him more into a corner now didnt she      Here she is not only being rather critical of a fellow defense attorney but she eludes to the fact that he possibly lied on behalf of his client.

You Are Not Invisible, I Can See You!!!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: September 22, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »

The "Sunshine" Law

Way to go, SUNNY!! 

I never did get a reponse from two e-mails from Kathi, so you are going much better than me.  I would really like to see that information from her commissary list of contributors and her visitor's log. 

I want to see it too!  He did say he does not recall seeing any money come in from tracy. He said mostly it's small amount from strangers and the A's

Rest in Peace Caylee

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: September 22, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »

I had an opportunity to testify before a GJ once, and it was honestly scary. I'm thinking George took it very seriously. I didn't have an atty, like he did, but I was there requesting they re-open a case and examine it again in terms of recommended charges. What threw me is what I'm sure George came up against. Before I was allowed to speak, or before I was asked a single question, I was slowly read a very stern and specific statute that clearly states that if I lied, embellished, or made a false statement before the GJ, I was subject to mandatory sentencing that would require imprisonment. 

My intentions were certainly to tell the truth, but I admit I wanted to persuade them to up the charges they had rendered, and it curtailed some of my arguments. I weighed every single word in terms of whether I was making assumptions or not.

No one was there except the 12 Grand Jurors, the DA, who had a lot of influence (too much, I think) with the jurors, and a State's representitive. I've been in courtrooms and even foreman of a jury, but this was different. It's very sobering, and I'd bet that George took it very seriously. 
I can see that it would be intimidating.  Hopefully, George was completely honest at this juncture.  I have to contrast the solemnity of that appearance with his combative and arrogant demeanor when he was called by L. Drane-Burdick.  What changed for him to think that he could be so defiant and uncooperative?  At first, he seemed to be very honest and forthright, but he has an air of entitlement about him now.  I'm so glad that he's being called on it.  Eventually, I hope that Cindy is also hauled up short and made to answer for her "mistruths".

You asked: What changed for him to think that he could be so defiant and uncooperative? IMOO, his fear of loosing his money train.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: September 22, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »

Thanks, Sunny, for doing this. Hey, where did the info that Tracy sent money to Casey's prison account come from?  I remember seeing it, but is it from a credible source?

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: September 22, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »

I agree that GA was most likely more truthful in the GJ testimony, but as far as being completely honest, I doubt it. Depending on what questions he was asked, there may not be all that many inconsistencies from his depos. I wonder if one of the questions was the timeline on the last time he saw Caylee and KC? In my eyes he is the most twisted player in this family of freaks!

Yes, I am sure he didn't volunteer any truthful information to the GJ, but since he is on video at the Police Station and is saying the information very earnestly to the interviewer, he could hardly deny it ( or he would have)..
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »

They've reported several times what Casey's commissary was & who donated, why did they stop?   Here are a few examples:

Casey Anthony spends $70 on jailhouse goods

Amy L. Edwards  Sentinel Staff Writer

4:06 p.m. EDT, October 30, 2008

Casey Anthony made her first jailhouse commissary order and purchased nearly $70 worth of items, according to Orange County Corrections records.

Anthony ordered a handful of toiletries ranging from shampoo and conditioner to toothpaste and a toothbrush holder. See the order here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-10/43120446.pdf

She bought ponytail holders, a washcloth and a comb. She also ordered 10 envelopes, stamps and paper.

Her biggest ticket item was an $11 sports bra. She bought socks, a thermal top and underwear.

The order was placed Wednesday night, and the items will be delivered Friday.

A handful of people have deposited money into Anthony's jail account, including her father.

Several women deposited money, including a California woman who gave $75 and an Apopka woman who gave $100.

Meanwhile, defense attorney Jose Baez visited Anthony Wednesday evening for a little over an hour.

Casey Anthony buys chips, water, candy with out-of-state donations

Casey Anthony currently has more than $480 in jail account.
By Sarah Lundy  Sentinel Staff Writer

9:22 a.m. EDT, April 3, 2009
Casey Anthony got a $100 money order from Ohio, $10 from California and $5 from Kansas.

As of Thursday, the mother charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter had $486 in her jail commissary account. So far, her father has deposited dough and strangers from throughout the county have sent money orders, according to jail records.

She uses the account to buy food and other items from the jail's commissary. Her order Thursday totaled $29. It included ponytail holders, tortilla chips, bottled water, cocoa, strawberry pop tarts and M&M peanuts, according to jail records.

At the Orange County Courthouse, her attorney, Jose Baez, plans to question more witnesses under oath today. The depositions are not open to the public.

On Monday, more investigative material is expected to be made public by prosecutors. Baez already has the information but the documents will be released to the media under the state's public record law.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-040309,0,7870304.story

http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Documents_Released?Page=30
Scroll down to this comment regarding discovery release:
Someone earlier asked about Casey Anthony's commissary account. She has about $55 in the account, and only recent checks/money orders I see are two for $10 each.
by John Cutter/WESH.com at 7/30/2009 8:13:22 PM Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:13:22 PM

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: September 22, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »

Just posted on the murder charges case:  http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/Details.aspx?SessionID=636ad0c3-a531-46bd-a235-8706928cc3e6&CaseID=6079536

9/22/2009     A     RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS DUE TO SPOLIATION OF EVIDENCE AND MOTION TO COMPEL DEFENSE WITNESS LIST FOR HEARING

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: September 22, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

Nope, not invisible! I see you. I have been bouncing around the threads and trying to finish cleaning. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 22, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

Just posted on the murder charges case:  http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/Details.aspx?SessionID=636ad0c3-a531-46bd-a235-8706928cc3e6&CaseID=6079536

9/22/2009     A     RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS DUE TO SPOLIATION OF EVIDENCE AND MOTION TO COMPEL DEFENSE WITNESS LIST FOR HEARING

O I cannot wait to see the State's response to this!

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: September 22, 2009, 02:14:57 PM »

I think you may be right...he changes with the wind, one minute Mr. Nice Guy, the next, the Incredible Hulk.  (Only he's not green,  Monkey Devil!)  He confuses me, at least with Cindy, she's the gal you love to hate.  George, definitely an oddity.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: September 22, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

O I cannot wait to see the State's response to this!
When do we get to see this motion?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: September 22, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »

CAPP, We were trying to find the commissary donation list to see if Tracy's name was on it. It was rumored that she sent money to Casey in jail.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: September 22, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

I think you may be right...he changes with the wind, one minute Mr. Nice Guy, the next, the Incredible Hulk.  (Only he's not green,  Monkey Devil!)  He confuses me, at least with Cindy, she's the gal you love to hate.  George, definitely an oddity.

So true!  Monkey Devil!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: September 22, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »

Dont forget too, when George testified in front of the GJ he had Mark Nejame as his attorney, who is a very upscale and honest attorney. Who knows what would have happened if Conway had been his attorney at that time. Pretty sure whatever George said, it only helped indict Casey, so we know everything he has said in public is nothing but a lie. Whatever he did say in front of the GJ was more likely the truth. So i commend Mark for getting him to tell the truth during that testimony, i think the A's see these depos as nothing that can come back to hurt them, but the Gj is a little different, lie to them and you will be going to jail.

Good Morning Monks   Jesse I agree. IMO GA told the truth to the GJ and the lies are in the SWORN depos. I think the prosecution it getting ready to turn the heat up BIG TIME.  Is this a warning to GA that the free ride days are over and at some time they COULD be held responsible for all the lies, deceptions and their efforts to interfer with a MURDER investigation?  I think so.

GA, you are the weakest link.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.