April 30, 2024, 04:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 276445 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: September 17, 2009, 08:10:47 PM »

The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Anthony's defense team is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to dismiss the case.

And just in case Strickland isn't inclined to get rid of the case in which Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, defense attorneys also filed an amended motion about a change of venue. The defense suggests Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties as possible places for the murder trial, which is unscheduled but could come to court sometime in 2010.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.

And it wants the jail to destroy videos of Anthony and her family.

SNIPED

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

ARE YOU KIDDING

OK Im 5 pages back after taking the afternoon to tend to some domestic chores, wait    OMG, seriously your client is in jail for over a year & now, just now you are getting around to asking for a dismissal...wait its a joke right, you so funny Bozo hmmm your client is innocent but you want videos destroyed, why? pause for more laughter interesting when your defense is being called out as bluffing & bloviating, now is when you want the case dismissed -- this is hysterical!    Put up or shut up tool! (dam, my ribs hurt)

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »

According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl.

The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

Anthony's lawyers contend the state erred by tampering with the victim's remains and excavation location before the defense could bring in it's own experts.

Her lawyers wanted to hire off-duty police officer to secure the area, but the state attorney's office wouldn't permit it.

What is puzzling about that rationale is there was an on-duty police officer there at all times. What would the difference be for an off-duty police officer to be there too? They are talking about apples and apples. 

Regarding the text I put in red: But I thought  they had evidence that CLEARED KC of having placed the body there! 

Yes, but all that evidence is locked up in Casey's office at Universal, hadn't you heard?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: September 17, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »

The defense would like this case dismissed before the 15 day deadline they were given to produce, according to Macaluso  "the evidence that proves Casey's innocence"-     I didn't think they would be able to come up with anything.....    this is just smoke and mirrors to distract from the fact the deadline is coming up any day now!

Yup, smoke amd mirrors - it doesnt answer the question to the defense why "Macadoodle dandy" was stupid enough to bellow in open court that they HAD expulatory evidence & their client was innocent...opps

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/091709_anthony_motion

Motion filed to drop case against Casey Anthony
Updated: Thursday, 17 Sep 2009, 7:15 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 17 Sep 2009, 7:04 PM EDT
<snipped>
The defense team says in their motion they want the charges dropped because the evidence is spoiled because it was not preserved by the state.

Anthony’s attorney’s say the state destroyed the area where Caylee’s remains were found by Orange County Meter reader Roy Kronk on December 11, 2008 and by doing so the state has prevented the defense team from gather evidence.

Attorneys for Anthony are also asking that a change of venue for the murder trial be ruled upon within 30 days

A hearing date on the motions has not been scheduled.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-defense-says-throw-out-case-or-move-trial.html
Casey Anthony: Defense says throw out case or move trial
posted by halboedeker on Sep 17, 2009 6:54:04 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Casey Anthony's defense team filed more motions this afternoon.

WFTV-Channel 9's anchor Martie Salt succinctly explained that the motions ask "the judge to either throw out the murder case against her or move the trial to South Florida." Casey is charged with the first-degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Salt added: "The defense says the state failed to preserve any evidence that could clear Casey by not allowing defense experts to be present where Caylee's remains were found in December while investigators were processing the area. The defense also wants the jail videos of Casey and her family to be destroyed."

Central Florida News 13 said one motion asks that recording at the jail be stopped when Anthony is talking to her lawyers and family.

CBS affiliate WKMG-Channel 6 previewed a "48 Hours Mystery" on the Anthony case. Anchor Mike Garofalo said the hour "will take a closer look at how Casey's parents are working to prove her innocence."

WKMG said the hour will air Oct. 17, but CBS News said that date had not been confirmed.

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: September 17, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »

According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl.

The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

Anthony's lawyers contend the state erred by tampering with the victim's remains and excavation location before the defense could bring in it's own experts.

Her lawyers wanted to hire off-duty police officer to secure the area, but the state attorney's office wouldn't permit it.

I've never heard of such a thing. Besides, if KC is innocent why were they thinking they needed a police officer there?? If she did nothing wrong they wouldn't be worried or not trusting of the police and investigators at the scene. No?? These defense lawyers of hers crack me up! They think she walks on water or something? I don't get any of them!  Thats ok, I don't want to! 

Good to see you QM!   Not to mention that the remains were NOT officially identified at the time & yet the defense was already in court raising motions prematurely making ASSumptions "in case" it was Caylee Marie (they knew dang well it would be)    Whateva with them DENIED 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: September 17, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »

In addition, the defense filed a document asking the judge to grant a previous request from the state, which asked for a transcript of Casey Anthony's father's s testimony before the grand jury. George Anthony's appearance before the grand jury preceded his daughter's indictment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

Also, from the above link:

Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case.

Please Ms. Big Britches....explain this reasoning.

Monkey Devil! I would bet the defense wouldn't want such a meeting video taped. Three loose cannons in the same proximity, and who know's what would happen at this stage of the game.

OK Bozo, we'll provide you with shovels & hip boots.   Hello, innocent people have NO fear with what they say or what is overheard, not to mention  that the only reason you are saying this now is because you have infighting going on within the defense team because your amazon thinks it is a good idea for your client to see her family to work on the "sympathy factor"  & to get your stories straight (way too late for that thought) come on now Bozo you're not a magican & we're not tricked fool!

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »

I think she was crying because she was furious with George and it is a fury of very long standing.  Not only that, but I think it is unmistakeable that she made an obscene gesture at her father under the guise of wiping away a tear.   
BTW, How's Shasta?

I had to think for a minute there about shasta. lol. You mean, Asta. Wasn't he a cute dog? I would love to own one.

I think you're right...that's years and years of anger. Sometimes I wonder if some of it is jealous anger too...he's got to goof off all this time with no child holding him down like she had. Sick.

Oh yeah, it was Asta.  Must have needed a drink, Shasta.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 17, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »

I have just got up to speed and have not read the motions yet as I am stuck on a crappy laptop.

Move of venue because of tainted jury pool - HMMMMMMMMMM and 48 Hours is not broadcast in the requested places?  Just like LK was not? Or how about GMA to only name a few of the appearances that the grieving family  as well as assorted lawyers appeared on.  George and Cindy are on national TV like clock work almost in sync instead of with lunar cycles but rather bill and buying cycles yet the defense want a change of venue?  I have seen Bobo, Conway, LKB and Mr LKB and Mack more times than I ever want to.  I have seen the SA ZERO times. So who has tainted the jury pool?

As for the DO NOT TAPE US and DESTROY any visits - WTH?  I think they want to create  a Spa Anthony and just change all the jail rules for one inmate.  As stated,  did not see the motions as can not get them open but please tell me they were also sent to the Jail lawyers and all the media who have rights under Sunshine.

Poor Casey, needs her family's support to build the defense strategy.  What with all the lawyers she has around her they can not collectively build a defense without mommy and daddy coaching her?

As for Ms Lyons requesting the hearing this week postphoned because it did not fit in her schedule.  What?  I would think the only item the court really cares about is THIS case, not when MS Lyons needs to get to class, sign books, appear on TV, and get her next shipment of support hose.  Perhaps if she is too busy the judge can throw her off the case as not effectively defending her client. 

Shameful!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »

I have just got up to speed and have not read the motions yet as I am stuck on a crappy laptop.

Move of venue because of tainted jury pool - HMMMMMMMMMM and 48 Hours is not broadcast in the requested places?  Just like LK was not? Or how about GMA to only name a few of the appearances that the grieving family  as well as assorted lawyers appeared on.  George and Cindy are on national TV like clock work almost in sync instead of with lunar cycles but rather bill and buying cycles yet the defense want a change of venue?  I have seen Bobo, Conway, LKB and Mr LKB and Mack more times than I ever want to.  I have seen the SA ZERO times. So who has tainted the jury pool?

As for the DO NOT TAPE US and DESTROY any visits - WTH?  I think they want to create  a Spa Anthony and just change all the jail rules for one inmate.  As stated,  did not see the motions as can not get them open but please tell me they were also sent to the Jail lawyers and all the media who have rights under Sunshine.

Poor Casey, needs her family's support to build the defense strategy.  What with all the lawyers she has around her they can not collectively build a defense without mommy and daddy coaching her?

As for Ms Lyons requesting the hearing this week postphoned because it did not fit in her schedule.  What?  I would think the only item the court really cares about is THIS case, not when MS Lyons needs to get to class, sign books, appear on TV, and get her next shipment of support hose.    Perhaps if she is too busy the judge can throw her off the case as not effectively defending her client. 

Shameful!

Tell it NR!   Yup, we havent seen the prosecutors, detectives & FBI agents appearing on NG, LKL, JVM, Geraldo, Dateline, 48 Hour Mystery, The Early Show, The Today Show and on and on it goes.   The VERY description CBS used to their trailer tells the story in a nutshell -- the defense & her family are on a  "reasonable doubt tour"   with the full intent to taint the jury pool.   The discovery process & the rules of Florida's Sunshine law is something that is standard procedure so this moaning & whining about "leaks" is way old.  The evidence and logic speaks for itself.

Lee to sister, "Why didnt you report Caylee missing or tell us?"  Casey, "Maybe I'm just a spiteful B."

One more thing, what part of Grand Jury proceedings are CLOSED is not understood?   Casey, no exception.  Isn't extremely interesting that the defense team is concerned with what George said before the grand jury & this late in the process, yes it most certainly is.    Not shocked, as transparent as usual.

I agree there comes a point in time that any judge has to take control of a case & limit the stall tactics, let's see how timely Judge Strickland addresses this issue.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »

In addition, the defense filed a document asking the judge to grant a previous request from the state, which asked for a transcript of Casey Anthony's father's s testimony before the grand jury. George Anthony's appearance before the grand jury preceded his daughter's indictment.

Also, from the above link:

Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case.

Please Ms. Big Britches....explain this reasoning.

Monkey Devil! I would bet the defense wouldn't want such a meeting video taped. Three loose cannons in the same proximity, and who know's what would happen at this stage of the game.

OK Bozo, we'll provide you with shovels & hip boots.   Hello, innocent people have NO fear with what they say or what is overheard, not to mention  that the only reason you are saying this now is because you have infighting going on within the defense team because your amazon thinks it is a good idea for your client to see her family to work on the "sympathy factor"  & to get your stories straight (way too late for that thought) come on now Bozo you're not a magican & we're not tricked fool!
ITA- Andrea is trying to rehabilitate Casey's image- hence the phoney tears, no makeup, serious demeanor in court.  Now she wants privacy when the parents visit so we can't see how contemptuous Casey is with Cindy ( like we don't already know) and how much she hates George...   a bit late for all that Andrea... we know she despises them and has refused to see them. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 17, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

PS where is Lyons long awaited motion, she said she needed an absurd goal of months to prepare, we didnt realize she really meant years! 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »

Good Evening Monks...was speed reading hoping to see a link to the motions and here they are!!  Thanks cece!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: September 17, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-defense-says-throw-out-case-or-move-trial.html

WFTV-Channel 9's anchor Martie Salt succinctly explained that the motions ask "the judge to either throw out the murder case against her or move the trial to South Florida." Casey is charged with the first-degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Salt added: "The defense says the state failed to preserve any evidence that could clear Casey by not allowing defense experts to be present where Caylee's remains were found in December while investigators were processing the area. The defense also wants the jail videos of Casey and her family to be destroyed."

Central Florida News 13 said one motion asks that recording at the jail be stopped when Anthony is talking to her lawyers and family.

CBS affiliate WKMG-Channel 6 previewed a "48 Hours Mystery" on the Anthony case. Anchor Mike Garofalo said the hour "will take a closer look at how Casey's parents are working to prove her innocence."

WKMG said the hour will air Oct. 17, but CBS News said that date had not been confirmed.

UUUmmmm the state is not gonna like this at all!!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: September 17, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »

So what do they want to do that can't be video taped?  There is no audio on attorney clients visits so what's their FEAR? 

And not video tape family visits?  Oh I forgot...this is the Anthony misfits who think laws don't apply to them  

the jail denied special considerations to them for a private meeting to 'grief for Caylee as a family'....damn I almost gagged just typing that!!  And IMO no way in hell will they be granted no video taped meetings.......

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #595 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:15 PM »

To be honest, I hope the Anthony's do another rounds of TV interviews.  Now I would not watch it but IMO, they are ones tainting the jury pool.  They are not helping their cause.    
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: September 17, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

They did not know they were Caylee's remains for days after. Is the defense now gonna claim that they KNEW before lab and DNA testing that they were Caylee? For an innocent client who had nothing to do with the disappearance and death of Caylee it would be hard to explain how they knew but I am open minded and would love to hear that "made for mini-series" storyline. Why were they not jumping up and down when LP did his search of the river and came up with bones? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:28 PM »

To be honest, I hope the Anthony's do another rounds of TV interviews.  Now I would not watch it but IMO, they are ones tainting the jury pool.  They are not helping their cause.    

MT, I understand what you are saying......but no way do I want them to be rewarded once again with blood money.  I want to see them get their asses out and get jobs....if they can and stop living off their granddaughters murder!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »

So what do they want to do that can't be video taped?  There is no audio on attorney clients visits so what's their FEAR? 

And not video tape family visits?  Oh I forgot...this is the Anthony misfits who think laws don't apply to them  

the jail denied special considerations to them for a private meeting to 'grief for Caylee as a family'....damn I almost gagged just typing that!!  And IMO no way in hell will they be granted no video taped meetings.......

Wouldn't it be great if George lost it and started choking Casey.  Then Cindy jumped in and George pushed her and flew against the room and hit the wall.  Ah, the visual makes me so happy.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: September 17, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »

They did not know they were Caylee's remains for days after. Is the defense now gonna claim that they KNEW before lab and DNA testing that they were Caylee? For an innocent client who had nothing to do with the disappearance and death of Caylee it would be hard to explain how they knew but I am open minded and would love to hear that "made for mini-series" storyline. Why were they not jumping up and down when LP did his search of the river and came up with bones? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NR..hhhhmmmmmmm is right. IIRC didn't kc  get up and go back to her cell during her TV time while the search was being broadcast??  Why? Cause she knew Caylee wasn't in the Little Econ

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.