April 26, 2024, 04:12:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #825 10/12/09 - 11/07/09  (Read 404052 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1100 on: October 25, 2009, 03:27:13 PM »

Past my bedtime as well.  This week my mother had me polish her nails at age 90+ so I am not getting as much time to read as I would like as she can think up lots for me to do but I am still here for Justice for Natalee and Beth.

Goodnight, all.  And hope all your teams won today!

Good night Anna!   an angelic monkey

That's so nice of you to polish your mom's nails, and do all the other things she wants you to do.  I'm glad you still found time to come here and chat for a while though.  We know you're never far away!

My team won BIG! 41-7 

HA!  Well obviously your team played my beloved MIZZOU!! lol  dang.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1101 on: October 25, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »

Past my bedtime as well.  This week my mother had me polish her nails at age 90+ so I am not getting as much time to read as I would like as she can think up lots for me to do but I am still here for Justice for Natalee and Beth.

Goodnight, all.  And hope all your teams won today!

Good night Anna!   an angelic monkey

That's so nice of you to polish your mom's nails, and do all the other things she wants you to do.  I'm glad you still found time to come here and chat for a while though.  We know you're never far away!

My team won BIG! 41-7 

HA!  Well obviously your team played my beloved MIZZOU!! lol  dang.

sorry snoopy...didn't mean to rub it in.  I was just relieved after last weeks game...too close for comfort!  My oldest has quite a few mailings he received from them during his HS football days.  Also, the son of one of my husbands HS team mates played for Mizzou.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1102 on: October 25, 2009, 03:50:15 PM »

Kyle said: "I asked Mos about a plea bargain and cutting deals back in January. I remember him saying something about no formal plea bargain exists and he said their legal system is structured in favor of the convict by his own admission"

"Hans did confide in me some information which I don't believe he had told anyone. The information turned out to be absolutely timely and accurate. With that, he earned my trust regardless of his closed approach. He also has worked with us in the past and we are still working together on new information. "
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1103 on: October 25, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

May 8, 2008

Email from Vickie:

Hey Everyone,
Hopefully, this is just going out to a select few. Spoke to Beth last night and she and I have the same thoughts on something. She said she should be ready to put it in action in a month or so....so get ready to help if you can. Cant say what it is now, but you shall see. It has nothing to do with Joran though, I wish it did...but its something. Alot of ppl are asking what else can they do, well we have the answer.
God bless each and everyone of you that care so much.
Love
Vicki

Kyle responded: I've talked with Peter Shouten numerous times back in February. He hasn't seen anything but knows about the blue fabrics. DeVries and Endemol was interested in purchasing the ROV footage and I was working between them, ABC, and CBS to strike a deal. DeVries also wanted to arrange a meeting. THEN the Dateline special aired and killed it all. It wasn't that they (Endemol, ABCs 20-20, and CBSs 48-Hours) were no longer interested, its just that too much of the story was told and messed up by NBC to re-hash the entire case and air the footage as a breaking story.

I should clarify that the footage proceeds (if sold) wouldn't even have covered the cost of the project, but it would have helped.

AND THEN HE SAID

Kyle said: "I heard the 'internal investigation' was triggered shortly after the results of the trap came in

STom:
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:13 pm Post subject:
<snip>
When Natalee’s incident occurred, Joran told Paulus about the “accident” and Paulus immediately thought of the island team in charge of “missing” people cases. Paulus had worked a few years back for the prosecutors office, as Antonio Carlo’s subordinate and had learned how Arubian authorities initiated these patriotic techniques, to preserve both, the island's economic sovereignty and the aspirational image of its criminals, which are portrayed as selective for going after illegal immigrants and locals only, not tourists.

Paulus was not totally frank about the incident. He just called his compadre Edwin -Papito- Commemencia and reported the case. Papito called the “missing” squad and they got rid of Natalee. They assumed this was just going to be one more case where Police authorities give the family of the victim the runaround; they give up and go home to light candles. They weren’t counting on Beth’s obsessive, unrelentless, persistent, annoying character.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1104 on: October 25, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »

Magnolia
Scared Monkey
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #770 9/20/08 through
<snip>
« Reply #639 on: Today at 05:40:46 PM » Quote
This site has always said that father-Sloot is the key to solving the mystery-Holloway, but that Paul protection is taken by the judiciary because of his knowledge of the sexual excesses of the men (and women) judges of "the islands. " Worse: Paul was a kind of "sexual Maitre the plaisir" for the judges guild which should ensure that the magistrates had enough kicks! The unveiling of Wedzinga that judges in Aruba to go outside to sex with Colombian hookers is grist to the mill of this hypothesis.

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

Comment by bmurphy12002@yahoo.com 
April 13th, 2008 at 12:16 pm 
Hello from Korea Greta, 

I am staying at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul Korea. I was preparing to go to dinner when I saw 
Joran Vander Sloot, his father and mother checking into the hotel.
I can tell you it sickend me to the point I could not go to dinner. They were all laughing and having a good time. I just wanted to throw up. All I could do is think about Natalee and her mother and father. I am leaving to come back to the states in the moring it is a good thing I do not think I could keep my mouth shut any longer. 

oceanexploration
Scared Monkey
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #740 3/5 -
« Reply #404 on: Today at 02:03:59 PM »

We met with Patrick while in Aruba. He said that he believed Paulus was Daury, but wouldn't come straight out and say it as if he were nervous about being recorded. I'm uncertain why he's being cryptic about it.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2673.400

*PAULUS made 2 visits to the bank

* ATM used that night -confirmed by Tito

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1105 on: October 25, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »

CONNECTIONS HELPING PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT

Dompig ................> Kalpoes

Arlene Ellies-Schipper........worked with Paulus.....Guido is her cousin
she is on the board of directors at CMB bank.
CMB bank is where Paulus went the next day knowing his son was called to be interrogated by the polis

Jan van der Straaten and his secretary is Sara Mansur (whose husband was arrested)

Antonio Carlo worked for Sijam Fat Law firm and he and Marlene Purcell were on the election committee for ISA

Mark Purcell and Julia Renfro are on IFA and friends with Paulus van der Sloot.

Dana: "Julia Renfro"

Jug : “She has her own agenda and her whole deal she ran us around, she has some kind of connection to Paul.

Dana: “Paul Van der Sloot”

Jug: “is a coward, I’m a father I’m a very good father, this man is not and I see his face at night he’s evil.”

Dana: “Dennis Jacobs”

Jug: “A puppet, he’s dirty I could tell the first day the man’s string pulled by somebody”

Dana: “Gerald Dompig”

Jug: “Dompig, I never sat down with him face to face.”

Dana: “Oduber, the Prime Minister”

Jug: “Oduber, very wishy washy. Sat with Beth and I we had dinner with wife and him and gave him confidential information that he was flabbergasted about but he did nothing, He really has no power down there really.

Dana: “One thing that maybe you’d like to say that we’ve never heard, seen or read about?”

Jug: “I will say I think van der Stratten is someone connected and he’s the reason they didn’t solve the case. I sat in private meetings after I read some reports , I asked him some things about the colour of her underwear … he denied it and so I knew he was covering it up because I read it in some statements. I knew then I told Beth this isn’t good, he’s bad, he’s dirty. This case should have been solved. A lot of people know but they’re too afraid to come out because

Deepak told Frank Osman (Automotive Enterprises) that Natalee had her driver's license and $50 on her......

Judge Smid said the Kalpoe brothers were involved in body disposal.

* JUDGE KUIPERDAL AND PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT
De functie 'Lid' van 'Aruba' wordt vervuld door: (translated this means:
The function ' member ' of ' Aruba ' is fulfilled.
* mw. mr. E.M.D. Angela
* mw. mr. P. de Bruin
* mr. J.S. Kuiperdal
* mr. P.A.H. Lemaire
* mr. P.A.J. van der Sloot
* mr. C. Slothouber
http://almanak.overheid.nl/2203/Lid/

* Paulus made a phone call in the early morning hours

* Paulus was allowed to represent all 3 of the boys until he got them attorney's

* Paulus was allowed to CHANGE Joran's statement

* Paulus was helped to keep his home from being searched for 10 days

* Paulus was helped by Judge Witt and Ben King to keep the search limited

* Paulus was paid even though he was no longer a judge

* Paulus was allowed in the middle of a high-profile investigation to become an attorney in order to practice law in Aruba

* Paulus was first awarded compensation for his arrest THEN it was over-turned. (New judges were now set in place in Aruba)

* Paulus brought Joran a cell phone in jail.

* Paulus is on the prision system committee.

* Paulus and Anita have remodeled their home
Gone on trips to Holland
Continue to afford payments to numerous attorney's
Pay for Joran to fly to Holland, Aruba, Germany
Paid for Valentijin to fly to the USA (I think he visited his g/f Natali)

How much money did Paulus make?
How much money does Anita make?
in order to afford all this?

1. Dompig is spokesman for AHATA/ATA

2. Cohen spokesman for AHATA/ATA

3. Ruben Trappenberg spokesman for AHATA task force/airport gov't job.

4. Arelene Ellis-Schipper spokeswoman for AHATA/ATA/cousin to Guido/board of directors CMB bank.

5. ATA places staff workers inside the prosecutors office.

6. BEN VOKING

7. Ariean de Bie

Antonio Arlos, Paulus van der Sloot and Ariean de Bie

Dolf Richardson in charge of investigation.
Dolf Richardson was married to Jeannetee H.J. Richardson-Baars.
Dolf Richardson worked with BOTH PROSECUTORS in the Natalee Case, Karin Janseen and Hans Mos.
Dolf Richardson was onboard the RV Persistence.
Dolf Richardson was in contact with John Silvetti
Dolf Richardson instucted John Silvetti to search out further.
Dolf Richardson was in charge of the evidence retrieved from the cage/trap on Jan. 7th. He was
in charge of turning the evidence/material over to the FBI.

The material turned over to the FBI was declared as not belonging to Natalee.

Hoofd Staf Korpschef Jeannette Richardson ext: 991 
http://www.kparuba.com/contacts.html
Police Headquarters 
Staff Division 
Head of Staff 

Mrs Jeannette H.J. Richardson - Baars, MA 
jhjrichardson@kparuba.com 

Department of Criminal Investigation 
Noord Police Precinct 
Head of Criminal Investigations 
Mr Adolfo E Richardson LLM

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1106 on: October 25, 2009, 04:12:21 PM »

Domain Name    state.tx.us ? (U.S.)
IP Address    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Texas Attorney General)
ISP    STATE OF TEXAS GENERAL SERVICES COMMISSION

SEARCH WORD: [bjulia renfroe[/b]

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1107 on: October 25, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »

NOW we have established Dolf Richardson's role in the investigation - is everyone aware of the following?

MERRYWEATHER

Aruba girl's uncle is Merryweather
Capslockwizard friends with Merryweather
John Silvetti knew John Merryweather

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1108 on: October 25, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »

NOW we have established Dolf Richardson's role in the investigation - is everyone aware of the following?

MERRYWEATHER

Old man Merryweather led the protest against Beth in Aruba in 2005.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1109 on: October 25, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

posted by Blonde
December 02, 2007, 05:58:41 PM 
Someone emailed this to me it's from Robin Holloway 
I think she talking about Mark in aruba not Mark F 
If you already have it you can delete it TY 

Dave is currently on his way home to Meridian. Beth is on her way back also. They met with the KLPD and OM yesterday.[/colorI guess there is a miscommunication between interrogation and questioning. They had a lot of questions for Dave and Beth in efforts to help Natalee’s case and dispel a lot of nasty rumours. Also, Dave and Beth had a lot of questions for them too in regards to Natalee’s case. The meeting went well and they are working hard, but we don’t know what will happen next and pray this water search will turn up something. As far as Julia, we have stayed in contact with her and she truly does care for Natalee and wants to know what happened to her as much as anyone else. Dave was able to meet with Mark for a little while last night while he was there and had a nice visit. It is good to know they are still there and willing to help. Please know they are still there too for Natalee. 

For now, waiting on Dave to get home and will watch the news or wait on that phone call to see what will happen next. It’s been a long two and a half years and never dreamed this much time would go by with no answers. Thanks to all of you for your continued support and for hanging in there with us. Thank you Debbie for coming to Meridian to hang out with the girls, Matt and me. I was a nervous wreck and glad you were able to make time for us this weekend. Brooke just got in from a playdate and was upset she didn’t get to say goodbye Sad I don’t think she realized you would be gone before she got home. 

The boat should be in Aruba depending on the weather between Thurs and Saturday. Will keep you updated.

scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3077.120 
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: October 25, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »

MERRYWEATHER

Old man Merryweather led the protest against Beth in Aruba in 2005.

Yes he sure did.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1111 on: October 25, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »

STom:
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:13 pm Post subject:
<snip>
When Natalee’s incident occurred, Joran told Paulus about the “accident” and Paulus immediately thought of the island team in charge of “missing” people cases. Paulus had worked a few years back for the prosecutors office, as Antonio Carlo’s subordinate and had learned how Arubian authorities initiated these patriotic techniques, to preserve both, the island's economic sovereignty and the aspirational image of its criminals, which are portrayed as selective for going after illegal immigrants and locals only, not tourists.

Paulus was not totally frank about the incident. He just called his compadre Edwin -Papito- Commemencia and reported the case. Papito called the “missing” squad and they got rid of Natalee. They assumed this was just going to be one more case where Police authorities give the family of the victim the runaround; they give up and go home to light candles. They weren’t counting on Beth’s obsessive, unrelentless, persistent, annoying character.

I don't remember reading this quote before.   It really goes along with Wreck's theory about Dolph=Daury

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1112 on: October 25, 2009, 06:30:25 PM »

The article I posted was not in relation to the November arrests.  To combine the opinions of all regarding the November arrests and whether there was any new evidence or not; with Mos' expectations regarding the decisions to not arrest in relation to the Range Rover admissions is wrong and misleading.  JMO

It was not my intent to mislead.  I made a mistake regarding what judgement was being referred to in the article ... the November, 2007 detainments or ... the Range Rover January, 2008 recordings.  I apologize and ... thank you for calling it to my attention.

Nevertheless ... John Q. Kelly ... the attorney for the family refers to the November 2007 detainments as a "dog and pony show" and ... his heart breaks for the parents of Natalee Holloway who flew to Aruba at the beginning of December with expectation from Hans Mos that maybe ... just maybe ... justice would finally prevail for their daughter.

At then end of January, 2006 ... Beth Holloway refers to these deceptions by those within the Aruban investigation as "devastating".

Janet 

++++++

A DOG AND PONY SHOW - NO NEW EVIDENCE?

ACCORDING TO JOHN Q. KELLY

Holloway Attorney: 'Extraordinarily Painful'
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY ATTORNEY: Well, in their press release and even in conversations. I had a long discussion with him (Hans Mo) Thanksgiving morning after the arrests, and you know, he indicated that they were very confident, this new evidence they had, this incriminating evidence. And it turns out, quite frankly, that it is nothing new ...

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So you can say with 100 percent certainly there's nothing new, right?

KELLY:  I can say it with 99 percent.  ... I think it was disappointing to me and actually extraordinarily painful and almost cruel for Beth and Dave after being down there.

They'd like to get some answers and they'd like to see some progress made.  And it's not fair to bring them down there with the false promises, with raised expectations, sort of a dog and pony show down there with no substance.

And it was — it just really took whatever spirit, almost, that Beth and Dave had left, went through that this weekend. It was really — it was terribly painful, for lack of a better expression.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314966,00.html

BETH HOLLOWAY - IT IS DEVASTING

Dr. Phil Show - January 29, 2006

Beth Holloway Twitty:
  "There are times when we're thinking that we need to continue, and of course we're still searching for answers, but it's this rollercoaster ride. And it makes me so angry, Dr. Phil, when I let myself fall for information coming out of an official who represents the island of Aruba. If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating."

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=?id=&slide=3&null=null

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1113 on: October 25, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: October 25, 2009, 07:24:26 PM »

It appears that despite their heartbreaking divorce ... Natalee Holloway's mother and stepfather and still one in regards to aspects of the Aruban investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for a special someone they both love.

I may be wishful thinking but ... it is still my hope that maybe ... just maybe ... Jug and Beth ...

an angelic monkey

Janet

++++++

JUG TWITTY AND BETH HOLLOWAY

Missing Teen's Family Blames Probe
Dec 19, 2:58 PM (ET)
By MICHAEL MELIA

The girl's stepfather, Jug Twitty, said he believes witnesses in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba know what happened but are not coming forward, and he criticized prosecutors' decision to drop the case against the only known suspects.

"It's also I think a sad day for the Aruban people because the officials there are inept," Twitty told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Birmingham, Ala.   Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, referred a reporter's questions about the handling of the case to Jug Twitty.

The Aruba Public Prosecutor's Office said Tuesday it will not charge the three young men who were seen leaving a bar with Holloway on May 30, 2005, the night she vanished during a trip to the island with members of her Mountain Brook, Ala., high school graduating class.

Jug Twitty said the girl's mother was considering appealing the prosecutor's decision and hoped a new search by a Texas-based private group in the waters off Aruba might find Holloway's body.

"I can't say we're optimistic," Twitty said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071219/D8TKNGN00.html

Page 227:
  Jug has supported me through this entire nightmare.  And we have done everything we can.

Jug Twitty
SCARED MONKEYS - FP COMMENTS
January 8, 2007

168. I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENTS AND APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT. REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE MAY THINK I STILL LOVE BETH, MATT AND NATALEE. I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR THEM. I PRAY FOR CLOSURE EVERY NIGHT SO BETH CAN REST.

Comment by JUG TWITTY/January 8, 2007, 9:27 am

'Scarborough Country' - July. 15, 2005

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPFATHER: Beth and I have been through this emotional roller coaster. And all we want is Natalee, whether she's alive or dead. We want to bring her back to the United States, and we'll leave and they can do whatever they want to do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8551824/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: October 25, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »

John Silvetti, Kyle Kingman and Tim Trahan

I lost hope a long time ago that there would ever be justice for Natalee Holloway coming out of Aruba but ... all of you are Americans.  How could you betray Natalee Holloway ... one of your own?  Considering you are parents ... how can you be so heartless in regards to the emotional suffering of Natalee's parents.  Just put yourselves in their place?

Janet

++++++

'The Abrams Report' - July. 6, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER:  We cannot forget to demand and expect to have Natalee.  Natalee deserves to return to her country.  She deserves it, and everyone knows it, Martin, every single person.  Every single person knows that.  They know it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8485029/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1116 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:39 PM »

Monkeys

I hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

Grandsons (10/11) were just dropped off by youngest son and wife.  A lunch out and a couple games of bowling after church with Auntie and Uncle on this rainy day was where it was at.

I will make up something for dinner ... I do not have a clue what ... and then a game of Monopoly is in the plans..

Papa and I are TOC (Teachers on Call) for these two home-schooled kids tomorrow.

Later, Janet

5:00 PM PT

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1117 on: October 25, 2009, 10:24:16 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313168,00.html

Aruba's Chief Prosecutor on New Evidence Against Holloway Suspects

Tuesday , November 27, 2007

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," November 26, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Breaking news from Aruba, Joran van der Sloot ordered to stay behind bars for at least eight more days. Now, the Kalpoe brothers already got the same news last week. Now, all three suspects were re-arrested. Why? The prosecutor has now charged all three with voluntary manslaughter of Natalee Holloway. We're here live in Aruba. We're going to bring you all of the latest.

So what is this new incriminating evidence? Satish Kalpoe's lawyer, David Kock, has it in his hand.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Is this the new evidence right there, that right there? Can you pick it up and just show it -- so I can show it...

DAVID KOCK, ATTORNEY FOR SATISH KALPOE: I can show you, but I can't show you the (INAUDIBLE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Right. Right. But that's what it is.

KOCK: Yes, that's what it is. It's 12 pages summarized. And the other documents are just supporting documents.

VAN SUSTEREN: So 12 pages.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, we're going to bring much more of that later.

So why have the three men been re-arrested now? Hans Mos is the new chief prosecutor in Aruba. We just spoke to him.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VAN SUSTEREN: So you've been here since May. So you got the Natalee Holloway case in your lap, so to speak?

HANS MOS, ARUBA'S CHIEF PROSECUTOR: Yes, yes. That was part of the heritage of the -- my -- of Karin Janssen, yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you talk to Karin Janssen when you -- when you took this job? Did you two sit down and...

MOS: Yes, I did.

VAN SUSTEREN: And was this one of the cases she briefed you on?

MOS: No, she did not. I didn't talk to her personally. We talked to each other on the phone, and she, of course, told me that this case was going on here.

VAN SUSTEREN: Before you took the job in May, were you aware of the Natalee Holloway case? Did that made a lot of, sort of -- got a lot of attention in Holland?

MOS: We saw the same as all the American spectators saw on American television. We saw the same on Dutch television, of course, yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Since you've been here, you've actually sort of surprised all of us when a press release came out saying that there had been new evidence that has led to the arrests. How do you define new evidence?

MOS: New evidence is evidence that we didn't have before. As simple as that.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And does it have to be of a compelling nature? Or can -- I mean, does it have to be -- is it sort of damning evidence, like, evidence that would make a prosecutor think, Oh, my God, you know, now I know -- now I've got the goods?

MOS: Depends on the case and depends how far you came in the past. You know that the evidence in murder cases could hang up to just one hair of a suspect. And that is just a very small piece of evidence, but it's very important. And what we gave to the judge is evidence, and it was enough to arrest these guys again after two years, after they had been freed by the court in Curacao. So the judge weighed this evidence. And of course, when you arrest a person two years later, after he's been freed, you have to have some serious stuff. And that's exactly what we handed over to the judge.

VAN SUSTEREN: In your press release, you said a decision would be made by the end of the year whether to prosecute not. Why did you set that timetable? Is that just your personal timetable, or does the law require you, in a certain amount of time?

MOS: That was going (ph) to be a personal timetable. The two brothers who were involved in the case asked the court to end their case, to give my organization, who's prosecuting this case, the order to stop this case because there was no new evidence. We didn't do anything anymore, was what they said to the court, and this case had to be stopped. They had the legal possibility to ask the court to take their position.

We convinced the judge during that hearing that we were on the job and we were trying to solve this case as best as we could, and there was a team coming from the Netherlands -- (INAUDIBLE) came from the Netherlands who did new findings. And of course, we said to ourselves, Can we prolong this case until -- over years? That is not possible. That is not possible under the European treaty, which says that you have to try a case within a reasonable time, and that time usually stands for two years.

These two years already have passed. So you have to be busy on a case which is important enough to go over that period of two years. And then we said, We have to set ourselves a time limit within we have to take a decision in this case, whether we will take it to court or not or we'll dismiss it. And we set ourselves this time limit of the 31st of December. Then we will take the decision ultimately to charge these three suspects or dismiss the case.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you have to pick them up to make that decision?

MOS: That's a good question. Yes, we thought we did because there was new evidence gained after the moment that they were released, which was two years ago. And it's quite a lot of evidence, at least a lot of material, and there's a lot of it is evidence, and the evidence is just material, but they have to be confronted with that because they were never confronted with those findings.

We progress in this investigation quite a lot, and they didn't -- don't even know what we got in the meantime. So we had to confront them with it. They are suspects, each of them, and they are witnesses against the other, possible. So we have to question them.

And what we think is very important, at least the Dutch suspect, instead of the two Surinams, and his father, who was one way or another involved in this case, has said in interviews that they are willing to talk. They are willing to disclose what happened in the past at a time set by them. And we think it is very important that this is the time to disclose this information to the public and to us because their point of view is, their son or this suspect, this Dutch suspect, didn't do anything, but he has information and he doesn't give it. We think that's unthinkable.

If we have this information we have right now, then he should disclose this information to us. The same counts for the other two suspects, who also have said, at least one of them, that he will disclose it in due time, that he is not involved. Well, let him disclose it because we are only seeking the truth, what happened. That's what we are aiming for. And if this information given by them shows that they are not involved, then they will not be prosecuted. But we don't think that that's the case.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you ask them voluntarily to come forward and say, Give us that information? And did they refuse, and thus you are using the system, as you're lawfully able to, and pick them up? I mean, did you go say, Come in here voluntarily and talk, so we don't have to arrest you?

MOS: Their attitude during certain investigations, moments we had during the last few months, was thus that we didn't have any idea that they will probably come to our police station and talk to us. So we didn't have any confidence in that. And we thought, given the evidence we have and given the suspicion they are under, being involved in the disappearance and in the killing of a girl, that you cannot do this just by asking them to come to the police station and talk to us. We want to interrogate them, as they should be, and so as it has to be done. And that's exactly what we're doing right now.

VAN SUSTEREN: In your press release, it says "voluntary manslaughter." What is voluntary manslaughter?

MOS: Voluntary manslaughter under Aruban law is the situation that you kill a person with intent, and the question is if it is premeditated intent, which should be murder -- we scratch (ph) through the murder suspicion because we don't have any evidence of that, there is premeditation on the killing of this girl.

But if you, for example, take an axe with the intention to just hit a person to make him suffer and have pain, but you hit the axe on the head with force, then you should take into account that this person can be killed within that action. That's a risk you take. And that was what we mean with voluntary manslaughter.

VAN SUSTEREN: Meaning that you took an action that a reasonable person would -- could assume would cause death.

MOS: Exactly.

VAN SUSTEREN: It's not just sort of where you back out of a driveway and you run over somebody.

(CROSSTALK)

MOS: That would be involuntary manslaughter, and that's not what we intend (ph) for.

VAN SUSTEREN: Does your new evidence -- there are different types of murder, obviously, involuntary or voluntary manslaughter, and then there's murder. Does your new evidence suggest voluntary manslaughter?

MOS: Otherwise, we wouldn't have put it on the list of suspicions.

VAN SUSTEREN: It seems to me that your new evidence would have to fall into a number of categories. One would be inconsistencies, would be new evidence, if there's inconsistencies between the three. Another could be testimonial, somebody has said something. And you could have physical evidence that you could come up with, whether it's forensic evidence from a computer or a body or whatever. Can you tell me what category the new evidence is in?

MOS: No, I cannot. I told you in the past that these interrogations and the fact that these suspects are under restrictions and are not allowed to discuss anything of what has been said to them and presented to them with other people than their lawyers. So they can only talk to their lawyers. We don't want them to make up new preconcerted or concerted statements, as have been the case in the past. We have these nice concerted statements of these suspects. We don't want that anymore. We want their story based on the evidence we present to them. And so that's the reason why I'm not going to disclose it to you because they might learn that through their lawyers, which we don't want to.

VAN SUSTEREN: I'm confused. So you cannot tell me whether it's physical evidence, this new evidence, or it's testimonial??

MOS: I'm not going to tell you that.

VAN SUSTEREN: OK. I was...

MOS: It's all in the interests of the investigation. You know this investigation has been going on for a long time. People ask me, Is it a desperate last try of the public prosecutor's office? We are not desperate. And yes, it may be a last try in solving this case, which we are determined to do and which we're trying to do as best as we can. But give us the time and the peace to do this under this law system as well as we can.

These restrictions go with trying to do it as best as we can. And I know it's very bad for the American public, any public, because anyone wants to know what's going on, and we cannot disclose it at this time.

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, and you know, quite frankly, we don't want to hurt the investigation.

MOS: That's exactly what...

(CROSSTALK)

VAN SUSTEREN: We don't want to hurt it, either.

MOS: OK. Great. Well, that's exactly what I'm appealing to.

(CROSSTALK)

MOS: OK.

VAN SUSTEREN: Will you be part of the interrogation of the three? Is that the role, as the chief prosecutor?

MOS: No, I will not. I'm just coaching in this case. I'm trying to use my experience I have in cases like this. There's another case lawyer dealing with this case. And she's doing fine. It's great, and I'm just helping her out.

And these are tough decisions we have been taking, and we are not doing it on our own. It's not just one person taking that decision. We take it as an organization, and meaning (ph) an organization, we (INAUDIBLE) with -- there are 45 people here, and they contribute one way or another in this case, either in registering cases, either in making paperwork, either in them bringing papers to the judge or in thinking about the case.

And this decision to re-arrest these three suspects was a decision taken by 10 lawyers, by 10 lawyers sitting around a table (INAUDIBLE) whole afternoon, being presented the new material. And we thought about it a lot, and of course, we felt about all the press attention coming with it. That's a tough decision to take because we know that this press attention in the past didn't do Aruba much good. That's exactly the reason why we are talking to you right now because we don't want to do anything covered or not in the open. We want to tell and account for what we are doing, and it's what we're trying to do right now.

VAN SUSTEREN: I wonder whether it's the prosecutor's function in this country or a police function to do the questioning at this stage, or whether it's a combination.

MOS: I understand. My colleague who's dealing with this case has an every day briefing with the police, telling her what is going on in the case and what decisions have to be taken. If these decisions concern the involvement of the judge and the preparing of an involvement of the judge by asking the judge's orders or talking to the judge to give us the possibility to do some things in the investigation, she's responsible for that. And she's in lead of the investigation. That's the way it's organized here. The execution of the whole investigation is done by police officers, who were, in this case, after the Dutch were involved, handpicked from the Netherlands and working together with experienced Aruban police officers, making a team who try to build this case up to a decision we have to take.

VAN SUSTEREN: So these are new police officers. They're not the ones that were first -- that were first (INAUDIBLE) I was thinking -- you're new to the case and a lot of prosecutors are new to the case. But in terms of the detectives or police assigned to it are new. They're not the ones who originally -- they're not the...

MOS: On the Aruban side, there are still police officers involved who were involved in the past because it's very important. They have the historic insight in this case. They know where things are, what they heard and who were involved.

And the Dutch guys much lean on that information. And again, they took a fresh view on the whole investigation they got from Aruba, and they found the new leads in the case. They said, This is what you have to reinvestigate. This is what we have to go for. These witnesses have to be sought and have to be questioned. That's what they did, and we call it a sort of review. That's what they did, and they make a report on that. And on the basis of the report, we did the investigation in the period between April and June and now in October and November.

VAN SUSTEREN: As it stands now, the two Kalpoe brothers are detained, and they will be detained until the next hearing, which is when? Thursday?

MOS: I think it's on Thursday, yes. Maybe Friday.

VAN SUSTEREN: And at that point, you go for another eight days?

MOS: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: And Joran van der Sloot, he is detained. When does his eight days run?

MOS: He was detained by an order of the judge on which he was arrested in the Netherlands. The judge first had to give this order and had to study the material first. Then he was arrested in the Netherlands for a period of eight days in custody. And this period of eight days now, just two hours ago was prolonged for another eight days, which will expire somewhere by the end of next week.

VAN SUSTEREN: And then do you have an opportunity to go for another eight days?

MOS: In the case of Joran, no. Then we will have to ask him -- the judge to prolong this period with another 60 days. And in the case of the brothers, we still have to go into this eight days (INAUDIBLE).

VAN SUSTEREN: And that, of course, then would take you beyond your personal time, if it were the 60 days, of the end of December, of when you're going to make a decision.

MOS: But then things have to be clear by then by questioning these guys. So that 31st of December stands as it is.

VAN SUSTEREN: And I take it that that date is a squishy one, in the sense that if you think that you need more information or that you can get more information, that you'll change that date. That's just what you are hoping for.

MOS: I have given the word to the judge and to the lawyers of the brothers that if by the 31st of December, things are not clear, this case will be dismissed. They will be charged if it's a case that we can try in court. And I said the only exception I make on not making it up to the date of the 31st of December, because I had -- I needed a small way out, is if there is very, very heavy and important evidence coming up between now and 31st of December 31.

For example, finding the body of Natalee Holloway, which would be a very, very important piece of evidence, or maybe any other source of evidence, for example, a witness who just filmed the whole killing of the girl. (INAUDIBLE) witnesses there. He would come up and say, Hey, here's my material. (INAUDIBLE) see who done it. Well, then, that would change the thing. But I also said when I asked for this little escape for myself, I have no indication that a thing like that will happen.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: October 25, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328130,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g12:r3:c0.587423:b25820426:z10

Aruban Prosecutor Considers Hidden Camera Footage of Holloway Suspect Admissible in Court

Monday , February 04, 2008

ORANJESTAD, Aruba —

A hidden-camera interview with a Dutch student saying he believed missing teenager Natalee Holloway was dead and asking a friend to dump her body at sea is admissible in court, the chief Aruban prosecutor said Monday.

The courts in Aruba will likely accept the tape as evidence because it was recorded by a private citizen without any influence by authorities, Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos told reporters.

"I take it very seriously," Mos said of the video.

The tape, which was first broadcast Sunday on Dutch television, has appeared to spur the investigation: Mos said authorities in the Netherlands searched two homes Monday where van der Sloot has lived while attending college there.

The prosecutor declined to provide any details about the searches.

A judge in Aruba denied a prosecution arrest to detain Van der Sloot based on the new information. Mos said they will file an appeal Tuesday and expect a decision within a week.

In the secret recordings broadcast, Van der Sloot said Holloway, 18, was drunk and that she began shaking and slumped down on the beach as they were kissing in May 2005.

"Suddenly she started shaking and then she didn't say anything," Van der Sloot said in Dutch, adding that he did not kill her. "I would never murder a girl."

He said he panicked and tried but failed to revive her. He said that Holloway looked dead but that he could not be sure she was not still alive when a friend took her away.

Mos said prosecutors believe Van der Sloot was telling the truth in the video because he seemed to struggle as he told the story and repeated it several times.

"Now, whether that is the truth, that has to be seen ..." he said. "Finally the court will have to decide whether this is a declaration ... that we can use as evidence in this court of law."

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for student Joran Van der Sloot, said his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and that the tapes do not amount to a confession.

"There was no confession, no admission of a crime by Joran on any of these tapes, which is very telling," Tacopina said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Last week, Van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied that he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance. In the secret footage, Van der Sloot spoke with a man he believed to be his friend, who gave him "drugs, marijuana, things like that," Tacopina told ABC.

But Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, told ABC: "I don't think any of us are surprised by his reaction (that his comments were fiction), but I know one thing. Once people see the video of Joran there are no more questions. There is no one who can walk away from this believing that he is innocent."

She said Van der Sloot didn't even know if her daughter was alive or not.

"Natalee never even had the chance for a medical doctor or a coroner, anyone, to determine (if she was alive)," Twitty said.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen leaving a bar with Van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers hours before she was due to board a flight home.

The three were arrested shortly after her disappearance and again in November, but released for lack of evidence. Prosecutors then dismissed their case against them, saying they lacked evidence even to prove a crime. All three have always denied any role in her disappearance.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »

KTF,
It was said early on, when that transcript was posted, that J2K knew they were being taped.

I don't know if that is true, but it was speculated.

It was also said that Aruba Girl was not to be trusted....a cousin of the Merryweathers.

The following post of SuzieQ is why I do not hold out any hope that the newly elected government of Aruba will stand behind justice for Natalee Holloway any more than the MEP.

What did the AVP do while in opposition to openly put pressure on the MEP to expose the truth about the events that encompassed the morning of May 30, 2005 and ... expose those who participated in the events that encompassed the morning of May 30, 2005.

Then there are those AVP supporters akin to Merryweather who openly worked against Beth Holloway's efforts to uncover the truth regarding the disappearance of her daughter by upholding the suspects.

Janet

++++++

Quote from: texasmom on September 26, 2009, 09:32:08 AM

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/opposition-avp-wins-landslide-aruba

Opposition AVP wins landslide in Aruba

Published on26 September 2009 - 10:39am
Filed under: Aruba AVP MEP parliamentary elections results

Aruba's Christian-Democrat AVP party has won a landslide victory in Friday's parliamentary elections, ousting the centre-left party MEP after eight years in power.

With more than 80 percent of the votes counted, the AVP looks set for 12 seats, four more than the MEP. This means that, like the MEP over the past eight years, the AVP will be able to form a majority government on its own.
Photo: facebook Mike Eman

Quote from: SuzieQ on September 27, 2009, 01:32:32 AM

Here is the link to Aruba Girls site if anyone is interested. She worked at one of the polling places yesterday and was a big supporter of AVP. Also it is in English.

http://www.arubagirl.typepad.com

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.