April 19, 2024, 04:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #825 10/12/09 - 11/07/09  (Read 403772 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1240 on: October 26, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »

I'm taking odds that Van der Stratten is not only "cleared" but given a bonus to his pension.   

You're probably right, no evidence...blah blah blah (even though we all know there should be at LEAST records of the phone calls), I was trying not to even go there yet...

Now I'm mad just thinking about it!   

Yepperz......

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1241 on: October 26, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »

I'm taking odds that Van der Stratten is not only "cleared" but given a bonus to his pension.   

I think you are probably right as rain, Wreck!
But, miracles happen every day.

It would be interesting to see if Paulus would let his good friend, Jan, take the fall.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1242 on: October 26, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »

I think you are probably right as rain, Wreck!
But, miracles happen every day.

It would be interesting to see if Paulus would let his good friend, Jan, take the fall.

Well, remember this was in the paper on October 9th.

http://awemainta.com/home/

Lawyers mr A.A.D.A. Carlo N.V.
Currently, our office space for:
an attorney-employee
for general legal practice, in particular di
litigation practice.

Written solliciaties, with a curriculum vitae, can
You within fourteen (14) days after the publication of this
ad e-mail/post or by fax addressed to
A.A.D.A. Carlo, whose details can be obtained
become.
Lawyers mr A.A.D.A Carlo N.V.
Constantijn Huygens Street Number
Mon Plaisir, Oranjestad
Aruba
tel: (297) 5824440
fax: (297) 5824460
email: antonio @ carlolawo ce.com

Interesting timing, if nothing else...
Edit to add link MB
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:46:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1243 on: October 26, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »

Sorry, forgot the link.   Embarassed

Would a mod please add the link to my last post?  TIA

Done.  MB  Did you know the link was already there, just very tiny? 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:49:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: October 26, 2009, 10:48:33 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee!   an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: October 26, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »

Has this been posted?

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_64282.php

Inzake Holloway: Onderzoek naar oud-korpschef afgerond
26 Okt, 2009, 14:26 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD — Het justitieel onderzoek naar de handelingen en integriteit van hoofdcommissaris Jan van der Straten is afgerond. “De laatste puntjes op de i moeten nog worden gezet”, aldus Ann Angela, woordvoerder van het Openbaar Ministerie.
Angela laat weten dat procureur-generaal Rob Pietersz de onderzoeksrapportage al heeft doorgelezen, maar dat hij vooralsnog niets kwijt wil over de bevindingen. “Hij vraagt om geduld.” Het onderzoek is in opdracht van Justitie-minister Rudy Croes (MEP) uitgevoerd, op aandringen van de Nederlandse staatssecretaris van Koninkrijksrelaties Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA). Croes had namelijk meerdere malen kenbaar gemaakt dat hij Van der Straten ervan verdenkt het onderzoek naar de verdwijning van de Amerikaanse tiener Natalee Holloway bewust te hebben verhinderd. De voormalige korpschef zou het onderzoek hebben belemmerd om zijn vriend Paul van der Sloot te helpen bij het beschermen van zijn zoon, hoofdverdachte Joran van der Sloot. De oud-politiecommissaris zou van der Sloot en twee andere verdachten bewust pas tien dagen na de verdwijning hebben laten oppakken. De minister stelde ook dat Van der Straten destijds zei: “Dit kan ik mijn vriend Paul niet aandoen.” Jan van der Straten is inmiddels met pensioen.

Google translation:

Holloway: Research on former chief completed
October 26, 2009, 14:26 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The judicial investigation into the actions and integrity of chief Jan van der Straten is completed. "The dot the i have yet to be put," said Angela Ann, spokesman of the Public Ministry.
Angela reports that Attorney-General Rob Pietersz the research report has been read, but he as nothing to lose on the facts. "He asked for patience." The study was commissioned by Justice Minister Rudy Croes (MEP) performed at the insistence of the Dutch State Secretary of Kingdom Relations Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA). Croes had in fact repeatedly expressed that he suspects the Street Van der investigation into the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway have deliberately prevented. The former police chief would have impeded the investigation to his friend Paul van der Sloot to help protect his son, the main suspect Joran van der Sloot. The former Police would der Sloot and two other suspects aware until ten days after the disappearance have taken up. The minister also said that Van der Straten then said: "I can not do my friend Paul." Jan van der Straten has since retired.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_64282.php
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: October 26, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »

This was the only mention of Natalee that I found in tomorrow's Awe Mainta

10/27/2009 Awe Mainta Page 2

after of owing to reuni cu more of 60 instancia formador will raporta at governor saying cu aruba is in the worse estado cu owing to arrive of conoce by the crisis of ceramento of lago reto of gabinete mike eman will is uno enormemente big

yesterday morning formador mike eman owing to ofrece one conferencia of prensa for give one relato of the reunionnan cu past owing to sostene ultimo week cu various instancia.

past owing to cuminsa at tell cu owing to enter in the ultimo week of formacion y during the ultimo simannan because; formador past owing to come across more of 60 departamento, companianan of estado, institutonan constitucional of country aruba y the can tell cu will cual owing to stay constata is cu the gobierno cu take encargo diabierna now is bay have one reto enormemente big.e gobierno new will achieve aruba in the worse estado cu we country owing to arrive of conoce by the crisis of ceramento of lago. turism of aruba for thing is entradanan for camber owing to cay among 15 for 20% during the year here. economia of aruba owing to conoce the crisis severo of one caida of aproximadamente 6% of gdp; this is worse cu after of natalee holloway, after of the incidentenan of 9/11. the preocupacion cu faction avp had on the estado of we enseñansa is wordo confirma cu the do not simplemente worse cu cualkie time of crisis, but worse cu never bisto in country aruba. all the fundacionnan cu is maneha enseñansa of aruba owing to confirma cu practicamente 80% of scolnan of aruba is in one estado regrettable cu do not adecuado for her calidad of enseñansa, for her children y neither for her maestronan of scol. 70% of the personanan cu is casa in we country in momentonan much trempan of they relacion is achieve conflictonan cu is afecta the posicion of the family, the forza cu have to arise we yiunan in one clima stabiel, in one clima inspirador.

“diaranson i am bay raporta at governor cu we owing to clausura the period of listen, the period of form pensamentonan for her gobierno new can bay sit y i am bay give one relato of one situation never bisto in country aruba. but in same breath i have of tell cu cada departamento cu we owing to come across, cada organizacion cu we owing to come across, cada institute cu we owing to come across during the simannan here, cu the same dolor cu they owing to participanos the estado fisico, financiero, economico, social y monetario cu gabinete oduber is let the country here in dje; cu the same intensidad ey also they owing to participa nami they conviccion y determinacion for work together cu the gobierno new for we saca the country here for of the worse crisis cu one gobierno can owing to lague during 8 year of gobernacion. this is dunami the animo y the siguranza cu owing to pesar cu the reto is big, the situation cu the gobierno is let behind is uno regrettable y the situation cu we is enfrenta at world also is uno complete of reto, we is feel cu aruba owing to uni”, mike eman owing to give of conoce.el owing to agrega cu the words cu past owing to listen is dune the confianza cu here 4 year will is stop fast bestuurskantoor caminda cu will raporta cu aruba owing to conoce the crecemento economico of more big in much year, cu educacion of aruba owing to wordo renova again, cu the problem financiero of we country is wordo maneha at one form responsible again y cu the country here is uni again in one determinacion for crea oportunidad for one y all.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: October 26, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: October 26, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

I'd posted the article a little earlier, but that's worth reposting again...plus you have the Dutch version in yours too.

I don't think I believed they were really doing the investigation at all until I saw the article.

I guess we'll see by the results how real it really was.   Monkey Devil!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:40 PM »

I agree San, and want everyone to continue posting, too. 

Muffy, I also understand your post very well.   

I was going to post a little story after my last post then decided not to, but remembered being asked by my grammar school teacher to take down names while she was out of the room.  Kids cut up a little but being one myself, I just didn't think I should put their name down....besides I laughed along with everyone at their antics.  Teacher would come back and tell me she was disappointed in me having no name on my list.  We learned later that she had the intercom in the office on or was silently waiting outside the door before making her entrance.   Yep, we were busted. 

Point is we're all in the same class here, learning and looking for answers. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1250 on: October 26, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »

I think this says that Nilo Swaen did not show up!   

10/27/2009 Awe Mainta Front Page

Papiamentu translation:

of acuerdo cu informacion for of corsow aruba owing to briya cu his ausencia n’e meeting of caribbean financial accion task force

yesterday owing to cuminsa at corsow one meeting very important of caribbean financial accion taskforce, cu participacion of several country in region, but also of europa. as some observador owing to give of conoce, aruba cu was the “front-runner” of the conferencia here, owing to briya cu his ausencia. of acuerdo cu informacionnan recibi, they owing to wait for minister of finanza y economia, nilo swaen, but for motibonan desconoci, the not owing to give acto of presencia, or as owing to being comenta, the will not have interest more, y do not import’e if aruba is stay on list black or not. if can owing to see ehecutivonan of banco central of aruba present. is of wait for cu today in his conferencia of prensa, minister nilo swaen splica pakico the not owing to atende one conferencia cu t’asina important for we country.

Papiamentu Google Translation:

of information for agreement of corsow cu aruba cu Briye Owing to his absence n'è meeting of Caribbean Financial Action Task Force

yesterday at cuminsa Owing to corsow one very important meeting of Caribbean financial action taskforce, cu participation of several country in region, but also of Europe. Owing to some observers as give of known, aruba cu was the front-runner "of the conference here, Briye cu Owing to his absence. of agreement cu informacionnan received, they Owing to wait for minister of finance and economics, Nilo Swaen, but for motibonan unknown, the not Owing to give act of presence, or as Owing to being said, the interest will not have more, and do aruba is import'e if not stay on black list or not. Owing to see if can ehecutivonan of central bank of aruba present. is of wait for cu of today in his press conference, minister Nilo Swaen supplication pakico Owing to the not one conference cu atende t'asina important for we country.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: October 26, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »

10/27/2009 Awe Mainta Page 3

Papiamentu translation:

cuerpo policial contento cu combatimento of criminalidad is one of the prioridadnan of next gobierno

peter de witte, alto comisario of police acompaña for robert candelaria, dolfi richardson y antoine solognier cu miembronan of staff owing to reuni cu formador.despues of this owing to succeed one interview cu alto comisario that owing to count ; on the contendido of the meeting. past owing to considera the meeting uno much positive caminda inicialmente owing to dune one schets of the these period happen y cu view on future. past owing to ripara cu combatimento of criminalidad is one prioridad important of formador y cuerpo policial is extremely contento cu this. puntonan important cu owing to come fast is the feel of seguridad of the personanan, the combatimento of criminalidad y also the atencion for her personal of cuerpo polcial cu 7 day for week y 24 hour for day is combati criminalidad. in the meeting owing to present also the preocupacionnan y deseonan caminda one of the puntonan inportante was the preocupacion for cu presupuesto of cuerpo policial. peter de witte owing to indica also cu not only police, but also bombero, cruz cora, combatimento of drugs is much escencial y the according the can owing to feel, this is also one of the prioridadnan of formador.pa thing is the ceramento of shelter, alto comisario owing to indica cu have to zorg for have opvang for her personanan y this police not can his only y pesey the have to wordo haci cu the another diensten, but the is believe cu will come rapidamente one task force cu will atende cu this.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1252 on: October 26, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »

Remember back in June, 2005 right after Natalee disappeared, somebody took Van der Stratten off the case,
and put Dompig as head of the case?  Then Van der Stratten sued in the court to be reinstated.
Who was it that took VDS off the case?

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:05 PM »

TM,

Wonder who the mystery assassin suspect is on the island with very little crime?   

1.  Don't give out the name until we know who his/her relatives are.

2.  If related to one of the "Untouchables" blame it on the victim or a tourist.

3.  If #2 applies, make sure all the evidence is disposed of when it shows up.

4.  IOW, business as usual.

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1254 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »

10/27/2009 Awe Mainta Page 3

Papiamentu/Google Spanish translation:

cu related murder of dot Hassell Although one person have stopped, to have proof of more palpable for close the case

after week of investigation of two steps, yesterday morning the team of recherche cu Owing to come is work on the case of murder of mrs. adele dorothy (dot) Hassell, Owing to arrest one suspect, a man.

Owing to cu so this become news, everybody Owing to become as happy, Because the case here will know one solution, but also the habitantenan of Savaneta and becindario is breathe of relief, Because for one murderer is less of hanging around.

but yesterday afternoon, police cu public ministry together, where inspector calls vanessa kock Owing to one conference of the press, we is conclui cu cu Although they have one suspect stopped, they have to of the public for help they have cu TRIAL for more information specifically for definitely take away the fast of huez p'e author being convicted. of agreement cu cu information we have, for of enough time have some indication, even is talk of one possible "inside job", this cu the author of the murder is one person here knows dot cu Hassell much good, for can Owing to enter the cas, without break. and during cu the is inside, past Owing to demand for coin. late Diana, Owing to very person being questioned, till this Owing to driv cu cu yesterday morning, Owing to stop dicidi of one suspect.

vanessa kock inspector yesterday Owing to tell, of looking cu here is deal of one case very delicate, and assure an important one, do not give appropriate for neither with the case name did take place here. pesey the acolyte of the investigative team Owing to let know cu do not allow for haci none niether class of question.

all can tell the thing is, one person suspected cu Owing to stay stopped while yesterday morning, and is deal of a man. none can not disclose the information another, concerning the detention, neither Detay of the person and self niether of the case, watching the seriousness of the case.

if vanessa kock inspector haci Owing to one begged at people provided that generally esnan cu cu Detay can know the minimum of the murder did take place cu day 10 of october for calling keep of police at San Nicolas or Tipline of calling the police, cu is 11,141 or 100.

Owing also to the haci inspector pleads at people for one account as cu the seriousness of the case, already cu the sensitivity is much for which have the full attention of all the investigative team. at end vanessa kock Owing to gradici also, press p'e not mature Owing to specula cu cu is the case and ask once more, for as this also has cu.

awemainta have to notes if, the form cu cu Owing to the information being Trecia yesterday, the team does not necessarily reflect TRIAL still palpable, which Owing to ask for help people cu the tip of gold. but give the team here all information necessary, assure Because people all wanted one solution of the case of murder here.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1255 on: October 26, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »

Remember back in June, 2005 right after Natalee disappeared, somebody took Van der Stratten off the case,
and put Dompig as head of the case?  Then Van der Stratten sued in the court to be reinstated.

I want to say Oduber, but I'm not sure that's right...I'll see what I can find.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: October 26, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »

I've been wrestling with this for a while and I decided to go ahead and just spit it out:  There is a difference between giving someone a free pass and basically framing someone up and/or accusing them of wrongdoing by use of quotes and words that may be taken out of context.  There is so much we don't really know, so little hard evidence.  There is a lot of supposition that goes on, all the way around.  I don't think it's wrong to ask the hard questions. But what I see sometimes goes beyond questioning.    There is a lot of room between giving someone a free pass and accusing someone of committing a crime or doing terribly unethical things.  I am talking about the way things are done.  Is it worth savaging someones good reputation just to make a point that something may be possible?  Anyone is capable of anything.  I could take a person and start looking for something they may have said or done in innocence and phrase and frame it to look totally different.  And why?  Is it  looking for justice and possibilities to help solve Natalee's case or is it seeking attention?  I find some of this is becoming about the poster and being "right" and not about Natalee Holloway.  It's going past discussion, and I start feeling like things are getting shoved down our throats. There can be good reasons to BUMP a post, but I'm seeing too much bumping of posters own posts again and again.    Repeat something often enough and some begin to believe it's the truth.   Do you see what I mean?  I worry that sometimes the questions turn into quotes, which turn into what some may think or perceive as facts, when they are not.   There is a difference between asking hard questions and pointing fingers.  I am concerned that when just a sentence or a piece of a quote is used, it comes out differently then was intended by the speaker/poster.  And there is the timing issue.  Natalee's case has been going on a long, long time.  What may have been said or thought as a fact or truth back in 2006 may not hold to be the truth in 2009.  There is nothing wrong with asking question, hard or otherwise.  But I do see wrong in taking words and massaging them to fit a scenario that may not be true.   This is all my own very humble opinion as a poster at Scared Monkeys. 

I would like to add that because I don't post here often doesn't mean I don't care.  My "silence" doesn't mean I agree nor disagree with anyone on anything.   You may not happen to see my name logged  in at the top when you happen to look, but I read everything here-each and every post.  Natalee Holloway brought me here to Scared Monkeys and I still hope and pray there will justice for her and she can be brought home.  I know what is in my heart and my intentions.  I appreciate all those that care about Natalee and whether they post here daily, weekly, monthly or just read here.  I appreciate those that have given their time and skills to help bring Natalee home.  This is all my humble opinion.  I have nothing else to add, nothing else to say. 

I just saw the above post by 2NJ.  I am not singling out any one poster.  It's a general feeling I have in this thread.  Muffy

I stand with the Mods!

an angelic monkey

Except for their tailors!  Here try this on!

My God, you have a big head!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1257 on: October 26, 2009, 11:58:38 PM »

I agree San, and want everyone to continue posting, too. 

Muffy, I also understand your post very well.   

I was going to post a little story after my last post then decided not to, but remembered being asked by my grammar school teacher to take down names while she was out of the room.  Kids cut up a little but being one myself, I just didn't think I should put their name down....besides I laughed along with everyone at their antics.  Teacher would come back and tell me she was disappointed in me having no name on my list.  We learned later that she had the intercom in the office on or was silently waiting outside the door before making her entrance.   Yep, we were busted. 

Point is we're all in the same class here, learning and looking for answers. 

Bearly, is that emotimonkey an old hippy or Richard Nixon?  Monkey Devil!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1258 on: October 27, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »

I was thinking Oduber too, but then I thought the other one that looked like a goat. Monkey Devil!
My mind is gone....can't remember his name....Rudy Croes?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: October 27, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »

This isn't it but mentions his retirement.  This is later and Teresa Croes Fernandes Pedra is requesting changes.  Maybe it was her?  Or a combination of her and Rudy Croes?

getagrip is such a blessing!   an angelic monkey

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2005-11-24T11:56:00-05:00&max-results=50

Will there be changes?

PP requests High Commissioner to effect changes immediately

A.M. Digital

11/15/2005

While the President of the Police Union (SPA) emphatically declared that his organization stands for the integrity and credibility of the Public Prosecutor and of the investigating team in the Natalee Holloway case, we understand that possibly there will be changes in the team.

Information has reached us that the Public Prosecutor (PP), mrs. Teresa Croes Fernandes Pedra, requested High Police Commissioner Bernadina in writing to apply some changes in the investigating team. In hierarchy of the local legal system the PP has the right to request changes from the Police Commissioner.

If indeed changes are made, this means that Commissioner Dompig will probably have to move although he replaced ex-Commissioner van der Straten who retired. In their letter to the PP the Twitty and Holloway families also request removal of detective Dennis Jacobs from the team. We do not know if the official who has been assisting Jacobs in this case will also be moved.

Commissioner Bernadina is finding himself in a very tedious situation and we think that only serious and intensive discussions within the Police Top will determine if, and how the changes will be made.

[English language original text]
Posted by Getagrip at 11/15/2005 10:55:00 AM  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.