May 28, 2024, 04:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #21 9/16/09 - 9/20/09  (Read 407126 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1780 on: September 20, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »

Pond Search Continues for Clues in Haleigh's Disappearance

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Work continued into a second night at a 3 acre pond deep in the woods south of Palatka.

Five to six feet has been drained from the pond as the Putnam County Sheriff's Office searches for physical evidence connected to the Haleigh Cummings disappearance.

At the same time Haleigh's family say they are very frustrated. "The Sheriff's Office doesn't tell us anything and I'm fed up with it," says great-grandmother Annette Sykes.

Sykes says she went to the pond but couldn't get answers as to whether they were searching for Haleigh.

Neighbors in the area say they were also kept in the dark about the choppers circling all day and the heavy equipment in the woods around their homes.

The Sheriff's Office is saying only that a tip led them to the pond and they are following up.

Sykes says she just wants to be kept updated. "This family has been through hell. We just want Haleigh home, we want her found."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=145283&catid=3

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1781 on: September 20, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »

Divers Search Lake In Haleigh Cummings Case

Posted: 11:14 pm EDT September 18, 2009Updated: 8:51 am EDT September 20, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Dive crews in Putnam County are scheduled continue to search a lake for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case, Sunday.

According to Putnam County officials, the search was prompted by over 4,000 tips they have received in the case. A spokesperson for the Sheriff’s office confirmed they have received information that there may be evidence located in the lake south of Palatka, but will not say what the evidence might be or if anything has been recovered.

They plan to continue to lower the lake level Sunday.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her home in Satsuma in February.

Thursday night, authorities questioned Hank Croslin Jr., who was arrested on unrelated charges, but officials say that interview did not provide any information related to the search.

Hank Croslin Jr. is the brother of Misty Croslin-Cummings. Misty Croslin-Cummings is Haleigh’s stepmother and the last person to see her alive.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20998031/detail.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1782 on: September 20, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »

New Haleigh Search has deputies draining pond

Updated: Saturday, 19 Sep 2009, 11:35 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 19 Sep 2009, 11:35 PM EDT

* Melissa Dipane

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOx 35) - The search for Haleigh Cummings leads detectives to a body of water just south of Palatka. Putnam County Sheriff's Office is keeping an eye on their pumping progress, trying to lower the water level in the pond just off of State Road 19.

Saturday afternoon deputies were standing guard keeping folks from contaminating what might be a crime scene. Right now, the sheriff's office isn't saying much about the investigation only releasing a statement that reads, "The search is the result of more than 4,000 tips in the Cummings case.

Detectives say that they have received information that there is possible physical evidence of the Cummings case in the water. Ronald Ussery lives back behind the area in question. He and many of the locals say the ponds are mostly a dumping ground for debris.

"Deer carcasses, dog carcasses things like that.  It wouldn't surprise me if they found animal bones," said Ussery. He also says he's been hoping for Haleigh's safe return home.

No one was out at the site searching Saturday. At this time, there is no word on when they will arrive or when they will stop pumping out water, but we can tell you that there are many rumors going on about this search, however, the sheriff's office wants to put out there they have not found a body.

They are also dispelling the rumor that recent interviews with Hank Croslin, Jr. and others are not linked to this search.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/091909_haleigh_search_in_pond

Heart
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1783 on: September 20, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »

thanks, Heart.

Interesting that it's said they've already drained the pond 5-6 feet.  I could have sworn that I read yesterday that the pond was about 5 ft. deep.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1784 on: September 20, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »

Snipped from a different part of the same article that NoRose posted upthread:

<quote Ron>

"I know who my friends are," he said. "Three of my best friends are helping me. Terry Shoemaker, Dan Mowrey and Brandon Beardsley."

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/092009/news_092009_040.shtml

IMO, kinda sad when it comes down to having his attorneys as best friends....

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: September 20, 2009, 11:32:16 AM »

thanks, Heart.

Interesting that it's said they've already drained the pond 5-6 feet.  I could have sworn that I read yesterday that the pond was about 5 ft. deep.

Maybe they are referring to the distance across the pond.  So, if it is 25ft across...they may mean they have drained 5-6 feet across, not depth. 

That is how I am taking it, considering the depth is 5ft.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1786 on: September 20, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »

<quote Ron>

"I know who my friends are," he said. "Three of my best friends are helping me. Terry Shoemaker, Dan Mowrey and Brandon Beardsley."

Monkey Devil!  I was going to mention that, but since I messed that post all up, I thought I'd stop    Interesting to have best friends who are attorneys, now why is that?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: September 20, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »

They wouldn't be doing what they are doing without very, very good knowledge of what is to be found, most cities/LE are strapped for cash, this would not be going on without a huge purpose, imo.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1788 on: September 20, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »

thanks, Heart.

Maybe they are referring to the distance across the pond.  So, if it is 25ft across...they may mean they have drained 5-6 feet across, not depth. 

I believe I heard a reporter say on one of the videos that the size of the pond/lake that they are draining currently is  about 5 acres.

Heart
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1789 on: September 20, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »

thanks, Heart.

oh, ok.  you mean what they are saying is that the banks have receded 5-6 ft.

that makes more sense than the water level already dropping that depth.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: September 20, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

I was afraid to ask  but I'm not understanding where the water all goes when you drain a good size pond like that? 
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: September 20, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »

They wouldn't be doing what they are doing without very, very good knowledge of what is to be found, most cities/LE are strapped for cash, this would not be going on without a huge purpose, imo.

Hi Monkeys! Just catching up on the latest news. Sure am thankful to you all for the links and updates.

I'm thinking the same thing. That's not a small pond either. Hopefully there will finally be answers to this tragic mystery.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: September 20, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »

Hi Monkeys! Just catching up on the latest news. Sure am thankful to you all for the links and updates.

I'm thinking the same thing. That's not a small pond either. Hopefully there will finally be answers to this tragic mystery.
I sure hope so, but that statement by Granny yesterday about Haleigh won't be found there, has me very concerned. Either she knows where Haleigh is, or she said that because she doesn't want to face that thought. I really am not sure what I think the answer is.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1793 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

Sorry, this is a comment on the Scanner, I would not take everything you hear on the scanner as fact, this is only an opinion. What IF they wanted to feed some false to a listener, this is a nation wide scanner and can reach anyone anywhere,
is that right?  Yes, I have watched more detective shows that I should have in my life time, and because I have watched so
many Columbo, Barney Jones, etc. my mind is open to the possiblilty that information given out is for a certain few people to hear
or read. I know it is funny, but, I'm sure tricks on played on TV and in real life. This is only a silly opinion.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1794 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

I was afraid to ask  but I'm not understanding where the water all goes when you drain a good size pond like that? 

from the photos posted by Ger (link is a few pages back) looks like it's being drained into roadside ditches.

I've been wondering, though - isn't it possible that evidence could be drained out with the water?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1795 on: September 20, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

I went to Art Haris's site. He called Joe Overstreet last week in Nashville.
Joe was questioned last week. He did not speak to him, but spoke to Joe's Mother. So, he wasn't in jail. Nothing really new over there, he is just wondering aloud about the recent questioning of Tommy, Timmy, Joe, Chelsea, Lindsy etc.  PCSD flew up to Cape Cod and that wasn't on a whim either.   
Three lawyers as best friends ?
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: September 20, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

<quote Ron>

Interesting...no mention of Misty being his best friend?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1797 on: September 20, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »

Long awaited update

September 20th, 2009

I have backed off from posting for several weeks for very good reason.   I originally started this blog because I felt that the PCSO was dropping the ball on the investigation into Haleigh’s disappearance.    However, since Haleigh’s birthday we have seen regular movement and clear efforts by the authorities to find resolution and seek justice by bringing Haleigh home and to hold the persons accountable for her disappearance.  As I said from the beginning, I was not blogging in a reporter’s capacity.  It was an effort to demand accountability.

The last several weeks have shown us that the PCSO is working diligently- and strategically to make this happen.

The involvement of TES and Mark NeJame provided exactly the results I anticipated.  I was certain that great minds and pure hearts like those of Tim Miller and Mr. NeJame would see through the veil of lies that has been perpetuated by Misty Croslin Cummings and supported by Ron Cummings, Teresa Neves and Annette Sykes.   This has resulted in the family being subjected to a virtual pressure cooker situation wherein they are speaking out and only validating the opinion of the vast majority of casewatchers.      I thank Miller and NeJame for their efforts as well as their devotion to making the truth public.

The law enforcement’s focus on the Croslin family has served to continue the pressure.  From the initial questioning of  Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr.  and his wife Lindsey to the Labor Day Weekend trip to Cape Cod to question Misty’s other brother Timmy Croslin and his wife Chelsea to this week’s confusing, yet apparently in the end fruitful arrest of Tommy Croslin it is clear that the authorities are executing a well thought out plan to make things happen.

This weekend’s search of a pond south of Palatka may or may not culminate in answers and further arrests.  Yet I continue to revisit the comments from the PCSO a few weeks ago when it was stated that they needed only one more piece of information to find Haleigh.   I am convinced that through their investigation, the authorities knew that Haleigh might be found in a body of water but were not sure which one.    The immediate action that included bulldozers, pumps and heavy equipment appears to have been carefully planned and on hold waiting for a green light when the correct location was known.

Like everyone else, I intend to watch closely and carefully while keeping the Sheffield/Griffis families in my prayers with a special emphasis for the safety of Ronald Jr.
http://justiceforhaleigh.afterhoursfriends.com/

Heart
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1798 on: September 20, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »

Good Sunday Morning All!

hangnon2hope@THESKY973DOTCOM Why were LDT's not given to ALL of the key players in this case even though LE was telling the public they were?about 3 hours ago from web

hangnon2hopeMessage to Sheriff Hardy - If you want to walk on water, you have got to get out of the boat. -- John Ortberg
catching up...so who didn't take the test?

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1799 on: September 20, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »

<quote Ron>

Interesting...no mention of Misty being his best friend?

The only people that actually can put up a defense and fight for Ronald at the present time is his attorneys, not Misty, not TN, not Sykes.

So I  understand where he is coming from.

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.