April 19, 2024, 06:12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #4  (Read 450098 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1080 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »

You know I wouldn't wish anxiety attacks on anyone, and they are not funny. But one time I got one while driving, and by the time I could figure out how to get off the freeway and stop the car, my hands wouldn't let go of the steering wheel, I had a death grip on it, and my hands had cramps. I have never driven on the freeway since.

I never had a full blown anxiety attack since 9/11 until my sister died last summer. I didn't take meds for it until then. I handled a lot of stressful job situations with my LE job, and driving a truck, and breezed through those without a problem. I rarely have a bad one now.

I would much rather be angry. I can handle mad. This is much harder. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1081 on: September 11, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »

Off to walk the Digger dog.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1082 on: September 11, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

Wonder what is so interesting out there?

How funny.   
I'm surprised the kitties didn't jump out the window.

Depends on what was out there. It could have been the bear. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1083 on: September 11, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »

You know I wouldn't wish anxiety attacks on anyone, and they are not funny. But one time I got one while driving, and by the time I could figure out how to get off the freeway and stop the car, my hands wouldn't let go of the steering wheel, I had a death grip on it, and my hands had cramps. I have never driven on the freeway since.

I never had a full blown anxiety attack since 9/11 until my sister died last summer. I didn't take meds for it until then. I handled a lot of stressful job situations with my LE job, and driving a truck, and breezed through those without a problem. I rarely have a bad one now.

I understand, I've been dealing with them for so long, it is just part of me. I'm just glad my daughter called, and she will call when they get there which should be soon. She gave me the phone numbers to the two hotels, and her friend's number, I was starting to get nervous. I come from a family of worry, I can't expect not to be like this, worry is or was our middle name. If given one wish, it would be to be laid back and mellow, but that ain't going to happen 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:15 PM »

I understand, I've been dealing with them for so long, it is just part of me. I'm just glad my daughter called, and she will call when they get there which should be soon. She gave me the phone numbers to the two hotels, and her friend's number, I was starting to get nervous. I come from a family of worry, I can't expect not to be like this, worry is or was our middle name. If given one wish, it would be to be laid back and mellow, but that ain't going to happen 

I can from a line of worriers too. My mama and daddy could think of every bad thing that could happen in every situation. The biggest positive thing I got was my daddy saying I could do anything with my life.

He died before I really knew that I could, and I was determined not to be a worrier, so I guess that is why I pushed the envelope jobwise.
If I had been a worrier, I would have never made it. Now, at this point in my life it is hitting me.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: September 11, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »

I can from a line of worriers too. My mama and daddy could think of every bad thing that could happen in every situation. The biggest positive thing I got was my daddy saying I could do anything with my life.

He died before I really knew that I could, and I was determined not to be a worrier, so I guess that is why I pushed the envelope jobwise.
If I had been a worrier, I would have never made it. Now, at this point in my life it is hitting me.   
Worrying takes the fun out of everything, and if there was a magic pill to take for it, I'm sure millions would be standing in line to take it. My grandma was in her forties when she had my mother, my mother was an only child also, and of course grandma was older than my friend's grandmas. I remember at 7 years old sitting in the car crying about losing her, I was hysterical. Grandma didn't die until I was in my twenties, but the fear of her dying overwhelmed me at times. I still have and will always have, the beautiful cups and saucers, that we would drink coffee from, since I was little she would only put a little coffee in my cup and a lot of milk. They lived around the corner from us, I was always over there helping her, she was one of the best people I will ever know.  an angelic monkey
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1086 on: September 11, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/whmVGRSgAe8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/whmVGRSgAe8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

It is a good one.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: September 11, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »

This is a video sent to me by my airline pilot nephew several days after the attack. He was ex-Air Force and not very emotional and sentimental. He almost apologized for sending it to me, but it had touched him. He and his crew visited the World Trader site not long after the attack, when the planes started flying. And then I realize how much this had affected him too..

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab6/fannymae66/worldtrade.swf

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1088 on: September 11, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »

This is a video sent to me by my airline pilot nephew several days after the attack. He was ex-Air Force and not very emotional and sentimental. He almost apologized for sending it to me, but it had touched him. He and his crew visited the World Trader site not long after the attack, when the planes started flying. And then I realize how much this had affected him too..

It takes a minute to load.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1089 on: September 11, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »

Thanks, and to you also Mission 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: September 11, 2009, 12:45:04 PM »

Thank you,Fanny.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1091 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/whmVGRSgAe8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/whmVGRSgAe8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

It is a good one.

Thanks, Mission.

~ Peter Frampton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1092 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

That is beautiful yet powerful and sad.  Thank you Fanny.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1093 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »

It is a good one.

Thank you, MISSION. I am beginning to feel better, and I reminded my hubby to put up the flag out front.   an angelic monkey

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1094 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »

Oh TEVYE, I am so sorry you have to go through this. My little anxiety attack doesn't seem so important now.  an angelic monkey
Dear Miss Mae;

This is a difficult day for a lot of Americans. I have cried more today over what happened 8 years ago than over this whole stupid cancer thing. Do not feel badly about feeling badly! I'm supposed to go to the store today, but I don't want to...what if something happens while I'm gone? In other words, I feel your pain (oh, God, someone just shoot me! I'm quoting Clintoon!! I should be banned for that!)

And as for the Coasties doing an exercise on the Potomac, on today of all days, my hinky meter is going off, big time.

Remember what Scarlett said: "Afterall, tomorrow IS another day!"

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »

Worrying takes the fun out of everything, and if there was a magic pill to take for it, I'm sure millions would be standing in line to take it. My grandma was in her forties when she had my mother, my mother was an only child also, and of course grandma was older than my friend's grandmas. I remember at 7 years old sitting in the car crying about losing her, I was hysterical. Grandma didn't die until I was in my twenties, but the fear of her dying overwhelmed me at times. I still have and will always have, the beautiful cups and saucers, that we would drink coffee from, since I was little she would only put a little coffee in my cup and a lot of milk. They lived around the corner from us, I was always over there helping her, she was one of the best people I will ever know.  an angelic monkey

Yes, it does. And I have realize in the past few years how miserable my mama was. She did take tranquilizers, and I didn't understand why. Now I know. With age, comes wisdom. My grandmama told me drinking coffee would stunt my growth, but I drank it anyway, just like you did, with a little coffee and a lot of milk. She was right, I was always short. (But so was my daddy.) 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »

This one always makes me cry. The guy that did it kept updating it with pics of the victims. to this day, when I hear that song, I cry. Thanks, I knew I'd see it today.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1097 on: September 11, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »

Oh TEVYE, I am so sorry you have to go through this. My little anxiety attack doesn't seem so important now.  an angelic monkey
Dear Miss Mae;

This is a difficult day for a lot of Americans. I have cried more today over what happened 8 years ago than over this whole stupid cancer thing. Do not feel badly about feeling badly! I'm supposed to go to the store today, but I don't want to...what if something happens while I'm gone? In other words, I feel your pain (oh, God, someone just shoot me! I'm quoting Clintoon!! I should be banned for that!)

And as for the Coasties doing an exercise on the Potomac, on today of all days, my hinky meter is going off, big time.

Remember what Scarlett said: "Afterall, tomorrow IS another day!"

And tomorrow IS another day. And that is why we always have to put one foot in front of the other. I have been through a lot of bad stuff in my life, and so have we all. I know I am not alone or special for feeling the way I do today. 

You are such an inspiration to me, to us all.  an angelic monkey

My hinky meter is off the charts over to CG EXERCISE. I hate it when someone in authority stands in front of the camera and bald-faced lies to me. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1098 on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »

Gibbs bashes CNN

Says 'checking would be good'
By CAROL E. LEE

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs chastised CNN Friday morning for its reporting on a Coast Guard training exercise on ...

... the Potomac River, which suggested a security incident was in progress in the nation's capital.

"Before we report things like this, checking would be good," Gibbs said. 

Responding directly to a CNN reporter's question about whether the public should have been notified about a training exercise, Gibbs was harshly sarcastic: "If anybody was unnecessarily alarmed based on erroneous reporting that denoted that shots had been fired, I think everybody is apologetic about that."

When another journalist noted that the Coast Guard was holding a news conference to take questions on the morning's events, Gibbs jabbed: "Hopefully CNN will go."

The president's spokesman also said the White House had not been notified in advance about any Coast Guard training exercise, but dismissed comparisons to the notoriously botched Air Force One flyover of Lower Manhattan earlier this year.

"I tend not to question law enforcement," Gibbs said, explaining the scheduling of the exercise was "a decision that was made by the Coast Guard."
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1099 on: September 11, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »

an angelic monkey Thank You Fanny and Mission. I am in pretty much of a funk today. Have a look at http://project2996.wordpress.com/2009-participants/

9/11/09 marks 8 years since the attacks of World Trade Center I and II, The Pentagon, Shanksville, American Airlines Flights 11 & 77, and United Airlines Flight 93 & 175.

On that day 2,996 people were ripped from their lives. But as the media and society tend to do, they have focused on the killers. We’ve all learned more about them than we wanted to. On that day many of us made a pledge to never forget what happened.

The bloggers listed below are trying to keep that promise by learning about the people who died that day. Use the list below to visit their sites and read about the people they have chosen to remember

That's about all I can say about today. It is a very somber day. JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.