April 28, 2024, 01:21:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danielle Terlizzi, 17, Eastchester,NY - Missing Bronx, NYC (RESOLVED)  (Read 6846 times)
festa
Scared Monkey

« on: July 09, 2006, 09:42:41 AM »

Family of missing teenage girl offers reward
Girl disappears after visiting Bronx friend

(Hunts Point-WABC, July 8, 2006) - A $10,000 reward is being offered by the family of a missing Westchester County girl. 17-year-old Danielle Terlizzi was last seen a week ago when she was dropped off in the Bronx to meet a friend.

It is in Hunts Point where police say Danielle was last scene. They are trying to figure out what happened to her. Eastchester Police say they're working with the NYPD to track her down.

"We haven't gotten any indication of any foul play," said Eastchester Police Chief Timothy Vonci.

Eastchester Police have intensified their efforts to find 17-year-old Danielle Terlizzi. She was last seen on July 2nd on Bryant Avenue in Hunts Point. The Eastchester resident hasn't been heard from since.

"We're not taking any chances. We're making sure that we investigate it. We're trying not to leave any stone unturned," said Vonci.

On July 1st, police say the teenager was driven to the Bronx and dropped off on Fordham Road between Webster and Valentine Avenues. Investigators have been told by her family that she was meeting with friends. On July 2nd her family notified police and reported her missing. Then police say she called home informing family that she'd be home the next day. Her family still waits for her return.

A Bronx resident volunteering to pass out flyers with the missing girl's picture said he seen her a few days ago.

Eastchester Police say they will be back in the Bronx asking anybody if they've seen her. Danielle Terlizzi is a graduate of Eastchester High School. Her father says she planned to go to college.

Video/photos here:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=4347609

I am hoping this case has a happy ending - since she did call home after the parents reported her missing, but it has been a while since that call.  Hoping she is just afraid to face her parents and not kidnap victim or worse.  (remember the NJ girl who went missing, called on cell phone "claiming" to be kidnapped)
Who's the "friend" she was going to see?  Did she make it to her destination?  We have "friends" dropping her off, but did this "friend" on the other end ever drop her at bus station, etc. to go back home????  Runaway??  Father says she plans to go to college, what college, she graduated, should know by now - any plans?  (just asking because if she didn't have any definate plans, why not? - did she have troubles? - could she be a runaway?)
And not to jump to any conclusions, but the person passing out flyers - who saw her - what's his deal? - Remember Ben Fawley helped pass out flyers too - This person saw her, but did they have any pertinent info?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:22:15 AM by klaasend » Logged
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:36:05 AM »

07/11/06
EASTCHESTER POLICE CALL OFF SEARCH FOR MISSING WOMAN
Eastchester Police have called off the search for Danielle Terlizzi, as she has been located. Terlizzi had been missing since July 2nd 2006. No further information has been made at this time.

I can't find any other info regarding this, but like I mentioned in above post - similiar to missing NJ girl - These people don't get it - you are taking police away from other duties to look for you and you're not screwing around (I'm assuming here, but since there is no other info, I don't think she was abducted, rape, etc. or there would be some charges I would think) Just like the runaway bride - crying wolf - charges should be brought against these people and they should be punished like criminals - they are criminals - false claims - she should have told her parents she was fine (not just that one call) and kept in touch -
Irresponsible - it stated she was looking at colleges - kick her out and tell her to get a job.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:06:23 PM »

Apparently I am not the only one confused here.  I found this on another site.....

by Susan M. (#44548) @ 11:30pm - Wed Jul 19th, 2006
In earlier articles it said she went out the front door.
NOW it says she went out the BACK door to the back yard.....................is this little tidbit of information relevant to anything or am I just being nitpicky about something that isn't that important. Or could it be someone is getting their story mixed up ????( after no sleep and worrying, maybe?)
Something isn't quite adding up here.
I hope she is alive, at a friends house where there's no T.V. or radio, and her and her friend are playing happily oblivious to the outside world. ( We can dream, can't we).

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=370544&comments=true

It was suggested by another poster that perhaps the media is mixing up the info - could be -
What led me here was an article regarding an apparent search that led to a grave, but fortunately it turned out to the body of a dog (someone must have buried their pet).
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »

Her parents have been taking a lot of abuse for letting her storm out the FRONT doot into the FRONT yard. That is interesting.......

This was posted on that same site.  I'm sure the parents are taking some heat - the police, although they continue to say the parents are not suspects, I am sure are still focusing some of their attention on the parents.  The same way they would focus on a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife.....
Still seems odd to me, You have an argument about bedtime and let the kid storm out of the house.  I must lead a different life.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »

Jul 12 2006, 02:34 PM Post #6 

Senior Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 6

This is a NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Missing
Child/College Student Alert CANCELLATION.

Information pertaining to Danielle Terlizzi, a missing child or college
student is no longer active. The case has been resolved.

To view information on other missing children, visit the NYS Missing
and Exploited Children Clearinghouse at www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us
To offer information on missing children, call 1-800-FIND-KID
(1-800-346-3543).

Lead information received on the hotline is immediately disseminated to
investigating police agencies

------------------------------------------------
This is from another site. There is no information at the New York State site or no other new information at all.  The case appears to be resolved.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.