April 24, 2024, 05:16:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple in the toilet...  (Read 6932 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: December 03, 2006, 09:57:32 PM »

One of those dayz....

Justin confessed that he dropped an apple into the toilet (with only one bite gone). Hence, the clog from hell. Of course, I don't buy small apples. Oh Heavens no, they have to be medium to very large apples.  Rolling Eyes

The fridge is making sounds as though it is in its death throes. It is older than dirt, so no wonder.

The water heater is not reheating very well.

And it is Christmas season.

Just what I want to tell my friend from whom I rent.

But I'm on my sixth day of being ciggie free! Whoohoo!

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:58:37 PM »

Guess I'll need the bucks saved from not smoking to fix stuff around here...

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 10:52:52 PM »

I have to hear this story Justins, how did that child drop an apple in the potty????????  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:07:20 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
I have to hear this story Justins, how did that child drop an apple in the potty????????  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing

Well, it is difficult to say just how it happened. First he said that he needed to throw it away (which means he did it purposely). Then he claimed it fell in by accident. I'm going with the first one.

Good news is that the water heater seems to be okay.

Fridge is still groaning. Shocked

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:33:33 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Quote from: "nonesuche"

Laughing  Laughing

Well, it is difficult to say just how it happened. First he said that he needed to throw it away (which means he did it purposely). Then he claimed it fell in by accident. I'm going with the first one.

Good news is that the water heater seems to be okay.

Fridge is still groaning. Shocked

Good thing you will have that money saved to be used for such necessities.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

Sounds like you need the 'Champion' toilet.  It'll flush down a whole bucket of golfballs with no problems.  Well worth the investment.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:00:19 PM »

Katys~ LOL!

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 10:30:07 PM »

One of those dayz....

Justin confessed that he dropped an apple into the toilet (with only one bite gone). Hence, the clog from hell. Of course, I don't buy small apples. Oh Heavens no, they have to be medium to very large apples.  Rolling Eyes

The fridge is making sounds as though it is in its death throes. It is older than dirt, so no wonder.

The water heater is not reheating very well.

And it is Christmas season.

Just what I want to tell my friend from whom I rent.

But I'm on my sixth day of being ciggie free! Whoohoo!

Woo Hoo indeed!  Now that is something to celebrate!  You go, girl  Very Happy
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »

Completing end of the seventh day ciggie free! Think I'm on the way to recovery with this addiction!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 12:48:08 AM »

Completing end of the seventh day ciggie free! Think I'm on the way to recovery with this addiction!

Good for you!!! Congratulations!! I'm sure it's not easy, but we'll cheer you on. Hang in there.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 10:18:56 AM »

Justins,

I went through this many years ago.  Our boys were about 3 & 4 and the toilet wasn't flushing very well one morning.  I tried a plunger, then borrowed a snake from a neighbor.  Every so often, I'd ask the boys if they'd put anything in there that should not have been, but they responded 'no'.  As the day went on, I would return to work on it, wondering if I could get it in order before Daddy got home, to no avail.  When it got to be about 4:30pm, I said, 'if you know why this is not working, you'd better tell me now, before Daddy gets home.'  The older son said, 'I put an apple in there'.   When I asked him if it was a whole apple or eaten, he told me he took a couple bites, and decided he didn't want it.  He chose the toilet, instead of the garbage can, because 'everything else goes down the hole, so I figured it would, too'.  

Daddy was told when he got home, and he attempted to snake/push it through.  No go.  He ended up having to remove the bowl & found the apple perfectly wedged in the opening.  Once this was taken care of, he had to scramble calling plumber friends, for we needed a new seal.  I think the project ended sometime after 11pm that night.  

Needless to say, this story was shared with family & friends back then, and many would tease as we arrived to visit saying 'check their pockets for apples!'  

Ah, boys will be boys....don't you just love them?!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »

Oh Justins...
Apple in the toilet.... Crying or Very sad

My niece once was making rice and she knew she wasn't suppose to be doing any cooking alone even if it was in the micro..

SHe heard her mother coming and panicked and flushed 1/2 box semi cooked rice down the toilet...

That was not fun..... Wink

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »

When my older sister was born, my brother was not happy about the new baby. In a fit of toddler jealousy, he flushed all the pretty new baby girl clothes down the toilet.  Shocked
When I came along, my Mother put the clothes out of reach!  Laughing  Laughing

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
Sounds like you need the 'Champion' toilet.  It'll flush down a whole bucket of golfballs with no problems.  Well worth the investment.

Well, I certainly could have used it because that's exactly what one of mine put down the toilet, a golf ball, not a whole bucket.  They just don't give very much at all.

And we have had assorted toothbrushes flushed which never works well, either.  But uncooked grains do tend to swell and must confess I was the one to dump a box of uncooked oatmeal myself.  Didn't think about it setting up like concrete.   Shocked

Last resort, cut off water to the tank and drain, and lift up the whole commode.  Have on hand a new wax seal to use to reseal when you put the commode back down.

Yes, Anna does plumbing.  I draw the line at electricity, however.   Shocked But I can do just about anything with regards to home plumbing.  May come from being married so long to physician who was away or could do nothing.  Learned to be resourceful and recently changed out the entire works in a commode tank, new float and cutoff and flapper, all of it.  Nothing works like having water pouring out through a ceiling light fixture over a holiday weekend to inspire and motivate to be able to handle a few things on our own.   Wink

I also recently changed the faucet on a utility sink to one with one lever in the middle, old one had two handles which I hate for bathing the dogs, etc.
I think it is sort of fun in an odd way.  Just wish I could tighten just a tad better as do not have strength in my hands I wish I had for that but always go back the next day and tighten yet again, works fine.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Katysmom"

Well, I certainly could have used it because that's exactly what one of mine put down the toilet, a golf ball, not a whole bucket.  They just don't give very much at all.

And we have had assorted toothbrushes flushed which never works well, either.  But uncooked grains do tend to swell and must confess I was the one to dump a box of uncooked oatmeal myself.  Didn't think about it setting up like concrete.   Shocked

Last resort, cut off water to the tank and drain, and lift up the whole commode.  Have on hand a new wax seal to use to reseal when you put the commode back down.

Yes, Anna does plumbing.  I draw the line at electricity, however.   Shocked But I can do just about anything with regards to home plumbing.  May come from being married so long to physician who was away or could do nothing.  Learned to be resourceful and recently changed out the entire works in a commode tank, new float and cutoff and flapper, all of it.  Nothing works like having water pouring out through a ceiling light fixture over a holiday weekend to inspire and motivate to be able to handle a few things on our own.   Wink

I also recently changed the faucet on a utility sink to one with one lever in the middle, old one had two handles which I hate for bathing the dogs, etc.
I think it is sort of fun in an odd way.  Just wish I could tighten just a tad better as do not have strength in my hands I wish I had for that but always go back the next day and tighten yet again, works fine.
 Very Happy

For tightening, just use longer handles for more leverage.

Long handled 'waterpump' pliers instead of regular pliers.

Longer handled wrenches instead of stand length wrenches.

Makes life just a bit easier.

I have two tank valves in boxes just waiting to be installed, just as soon as I get a round toit.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »

Roaring at the disposals by flushing! I finally, tonight, got the damn thing to clear. I put nearly 64 ounces of gel drain cleaner in the toilet this morning and left it until returning home after 8 pm. All day I kept wondering if the corrosive would be able to penetrate the peel....

Came home and poured several buckets of hot water into it, then plunged for a bit. And TA DA! The toilet is free!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.