April 17, 2024, 09:42:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276025 times)
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »

I have to give a lot of credit to LE about cases like these.  I think I would not be able to sleep if I had that job, I am positive that they would haunt me in my dreams until I found them.  May God bless LE to find this young lady and may He bless Le and all the missing people that are out there to be found.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »

Sunday, September 13, 2009
11:30 a.m.
Top law enforcement officials on scene at 10 Amistad St.
BY PAUL NEEDHAM

Paul Needham /Staff Reporter The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, and Yale Police Department Chief James Perrotti (at extreme left) and Assistant Chief Ronnell Higgins (at extreme right) are seen entering 10 Amistad St. on Sunday morning.

Investigators have been trickling into 10 Amistad St., the building where missing student Annie Le MED ’13 was last seen, since about 10 a.m. this morning. Some of the investigation’s top officials just arrived — including the special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, and the Yale Police Department’s top two officials, Chief James Perrotti and Assistant Chief Ronnell Higgins — and could be seen entering through a loading dock to the building's basement, where the investigators' search efforts have been concentrated in recent days.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/13/top-law-enforcement-officials-scene-10-amistad-st/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »

Thanks for the updates.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2009, 01:08:34 PM »

Klaas...can you read the signage on the blue metal container that is behind the law enforcement
people in ariana's last post?

This is the link with picture....

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/13/top-law-enforcement-officials-scene-10-amistad-st/

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

Campus life goes on amid questions

By Susan Misur, Register Staff

NEW HAVEN — Yale University was abuzz Saturday with questions about doctoral student Annie Le’s disappearance, but work went on at the medical laboratory building where she was last seen.

State and Yale police along with FBI investigators continued to seek Le, who was reported missing Tuesday and was last seen on a surveillance video at the 10 Amistad St. lab.

“There’s a sense of confusion,” said a Yale junior who declined to give his name. “We just don’t know that many facts. Everyone’s waiting to find out something.”

An unrelated conference attended by Yale employees and visitors from Cambridge, England, was held for most of the day at the laboratory building, which is off Church Street South and near Route 34.

Caterers for the event from Cafe George by Paula rolled trays of food through doors that bore posters about Le’s disappearance and were guarded by Yale police officers, some standing inside and some on the outside steps.

The sidewalks were void of passers-by, though TV camera crews, photographers and reporters camped across the street from the building from morning until dark as they watched marked and undercover police cars come and go. In the early afternoon, a man was seen carrying blueprints to a building into the laboratory building, and police also manned the entrance of the parking garage, where vehicles flowed in and out all day.

Only a handful of students entered the building for weekend experiments and research, and the area usually doesn’t see much foot traffic, said Christine Polanco, who used to work nearby.

“I think the police waited a little too long to start investigating,” Polanco said after she visited a friend working at South Central Rehabilitation on Cedar Street.

“They need more cameras there. And where was security when this happened? The fact that they didn’t see her leave means they should investigate it from the inside,” Polanco said.

Police, saying that about 70 surveillance cameras were in the area, said they haven’t found any footage of Le leaving the building.

Yale students said they don’t feel nervous being on the main, downtown campus since the focus of investigators is on Amistad Street, and many of them gathered to watch the press conference held by police Saturday afternoon at Woodbridge Hall. Students said they hadn’t received an e-mail to notify them of the gathering, but had simply been walking by.

“I haven’t felt any tangible change in attitude,” first-year student Alon Harish said after he watched the press conference. “I feel pretty safe on campus.”

He said he hasn’t noticed an increase in police presence at the university.

Christian Vazquez, another first-year student who attended the press conference with Harish, said the disappearance is “quite unfortunate” and that he hopes Le is unharmed.

Having just begun his college career at Yale, he said he never expected any major incident to happen and that Le often comes up in conversations after news updates in local newspapers and online.

A sophomore reached by phone said the news has startled his parents, who remind him to follow safety tips when walking on campus or in New Haven.

“I know to take things the common-sense way, like to not go out alone at night,” he said. “But we’re not the only campus that’s not in the best of areas. I think all of us are just hoping she’s found soon.”

At Le’s apartment building on Lawrence Street in the East Rock neighborhood, hopes for Le’s safe return waned.

“I feel bad what happened to her,” said Anna Beth Funk, who lives across the street from Le’s apartment. “It broke my heart hearing she was about to get married because I love being married and it must be so hard for her fiance.”

Wesleyan University professor Charles Lemert, who also lives across the street, said Le always took time to talk to his 11-year-old daughter.

“I wish more than anything this could be solved and turn into some kind of misunderstanding, but it seems bleak,” he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this story. Susan Misur can be reached at 789-5742 or smisur@nhregister.com.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/13/news/new_haven/doc4aac61851f9e1767150476.txt

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:32 PM »

If you go into New Havens web site, Henry Lee is a proffessor there or was.
They show him teaching classes. This girl is no runaway, she has a brilliant mind
and had a great future ahead of her. I hope they find her alive but I don't think so.
Unless its someone thats holding onto her and LE finds her before its to late.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/13/news/doc4aad41ad5531c586462814.txt

UPDATE: Bloody clothes not items Le was last seen wearing
Sunday, September 13, 2009

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

NEW HAVEN - The blood-stained clothes found in ceiling tiles at the Yale University laboratory where graduate student Annie Le disappeared are not the clothes Le was last seen wearing, law enforcement officials said.

The items were sent for testing to see if the clothes had any connection to Le, whose disappearance five days before her wedding has attracted national media attention.

Investigators said a small amount of blood was found on the clothing found Saturday at 10 Amistad St.

Le is the daughter of Vietnamese immigrants and her mother is said to own several nail salons in California. Sources said Le was primarily raised by an aunt and uncle.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

http://www.newsday.com/news/search-for-missing-yale-student-moves-to-landfill-1.1443592?localLinksEnabled=false

September 13, 2009 By MATTHEW CHAYES AND ANDREW STRICKLER   matthew.chayes@newsday.com, andrew.strickler@newsday.com
Search for missing Yale The FBI says authorities are  searching a Connecticut landfill as part of their investigation into the disappearance of a Yale University graduate student, The Associated Press is reporting.

FBI agent Bill Reiner said Sunday that investigators are searching the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority’s landfill in Hartford. He said officials are “following the trash” that left the laboratory. He declined to comment further.

And a newspaper in Connecticut, the Waterbury Republican-American, is reporting that state police canine units are combing the landfill after receiving information that Annie Le may have been burried there.

The reports come after authorities Saturday found items that they said could be evidence in the case of a Yale University graduate student who disappeared days before her wedding in Syosset.

The news followed reports by a local newspaper, citing police sources, that bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene were found in a ceiling at a Yale building where Le, 24, was last seen on surveillance video Tuesday morning.

Late this morning New Haven's top FBI agent, flanked by several colleagues, entered the science building where the Yale bride-to-be was last seen on video surveillance tape.

Kimberly K. Mertz, the special agent in charge of the city's FBI field student moves to landfill

Kimberly K. Mertz, the special agent in charge of the city's FBI field office, said nothing to reporters as she entered the building via a side garage to 10 Amistad Street.

Yesterday, Mertz confirmed that "items that potentially could be evidence have been seized" and would be tested. "None have yet been associated with Annie Le at this time," she said.

"We are not in the position today to conclude whether this is a missing person's case or whether criminality is involved," Mertz said.
I will categorically say a body has not been found," she said.

Investigators scoured the university research building yesterday, with dozens of officials going in and out of the lab on Amistad Street and searching it with German shepherds.

A person attending a science conference on campus said the investigation appeared to be concentrated on the lower level - the floor that housed the lab where Le had scheduled a 10 a.m. slot to do some work Tuesday, school officials said. Her roommate reported her missing Tuesday night when she did not return to their apartment.

Police have said that Le's fiance, Jonathan Widawsky of Huntington, a graduate physics student at Columbia University, is not considered a suspect and is cooperating with police.

A representative for North Ritz Club in Syosset, where the couple was to be wed today, said the wedding has been canceled.

Le used her university ID card to enter the building about 10 a.m. She left her purse, cell phone, credit cards and cash in her office in another Yale building about three blocks away.

Investigators continued reviewing surveillance video, using image enhancement software to see if they had missed the 4-foot-11, 90-pound Le leaving the building. Yale officials said about 70 cameras are mounted outside the building and an adjacent parking structure.
Yale Vice President Linda Lorimer said "there is no reason to believe" Le's disappearance had anything to do with her wedding and implored reporters to respect the families' privacy.

A billboard over I-91 and missing-person posters around campus and at a nearby methadone clinic show pictures of Le, including one of her entering the building on the morning she went missing.

The doctoral student in pharmacology, originally from Placerville, Calif., "has not been seen or heard from by family, co-workers and friends," according to the poster.

Another sign across the street from the lab building yesterday said: "Annie, we hope you are okay!!" It was signed "Yale grad students."

Yale is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Le's whereabouts. Anyone with information can call a 24-hour FBI hotline at 877-503-1950.

With Alfonso A. Castillo and AP

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2009, 03:11:36 PM »

Klaas...can you read the signage on the blue metal container that is behind the law enforcement
people in ariana's last post?

This is the link with picture....

I can't read it but it sortof looks like the waste company name maybe.  Definately won't be able to read the gold/orange sign on the bottom right  ?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »

The bloody clothes must belong to the perp? 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2009, 03:45:40 PM »

It could be the lab coat she was wearing.  "not clothes she was last seen in".

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
carolb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »

I wonder if the fire alarm rang when the ceiling tiles were removed to hide the clothing? Maybe it disturbed the wiring.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »

An FBI evidence van arrives at trash facility in Hartford, where Annie Le investigation is now centered, Sunday, Sept. 13, 2009. (Photo: Tom Parent)

http://www.wtnh.com/
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/news_ap_new_haven_yale_prays_for_return_of_le_200909131533

Yale prays for return of Le

Updated: Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 3:37 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 3:37 PM EDT

New Haven (AP) - Yale University students are praying for missing graduate student Annie Le, who remains the subject of a massive police search the day that she was scheduled to marry in New York.

Le and her family were on the thoughts of students attending services Sunday at The University Church at Yale.

Pastor Ian Buckner Oliver asked for a moment of silence and prayer "for Annie, and her family, who have arrived here in New Haven, for her fiance, on this, what would have been their wedding day."

(snipped)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »

Photo credit: AP Photo/Thomas Cain | A sign posted by two Yale graduate students hangs in front of 10 Amistad Street, while police patrol the entrance to the building in New Haven, Conn., Saturday, Sept 12, 2009. The laboratory at 10 Amistad Street is the last place Annie Le, a Yale graduate student was seen, since her disappearance on the morning of September 8th. (AP Photo/Thomas Cain)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »

A Connecticut State Police major crime squad vehicle arrives at the Yale medical complex where a missing graduate student was last seen.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/13/2009-09-13_search_of_missing_yale_student_annie_le_leads_to_hartford_landfill.html

Reports: Search for missing Yale student Annie Le leads to Hartford landfill

BY Matthew Lysiak In New Haven AND Samuel Goldsmith
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Sunday, September 13th 2009, 2:59 PM

Investigators are searching a Connecticut garbage dump for the body of missing Yale graduate student Annie Le.

Cadaver-sniffing dogs and officers in hazardous material suits starting searching the waste processing plant in Hartford late last night, Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority spokesman Paul Nonnenmacher confirmed.

Investigators dredged through garbage for the 24-year-old's body on the day she was to marry Jonathan Widawsky, a Columbia Graduate student.

FBI agent Bill Reiner said Sunday that investigators are "following the trash" that left Le’s lab. He declined to comment further.

Le's wedding at the North Ritz Club in Syosset was canceled on Friday - three days after Le went missing. The couple started dating when they were freshmen at the University of Rochester.

The pharmacology student was last seen Tuesday morning entering her lab at the Yale Medical School complex about a mile from the main campus.

Investigators found bloody clothes in the lab on Saturday.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »

It could be the lab coat she was wearing.  "not clothes she was last seen in".
Yes, thanks.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »

I wonder if the fire alarm rang when the ceiling tiles were removed to hide the clothing? Maybe it disturbed the wiring.
Didn't think of that, sure could have I guess.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »

At the news conference they said the fire alarm went off because of steam rising from a machine in one of the labs.  Someone opened something and a great deal of steam rose up and triggered the alarm.  They said it was not a typical fire alarm that we think of where you pull a lever.  They are built in heat dectector type alarms.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »

At the news conference they said the fire alarm went off because of steam rising from a machine in one of the labs.  Someone opened something and a great deal of steam rose up and triggered the alarm.  They said it was not a typical fire alarm that we think of where you pull a lever.  They are built in heat dectector type alarms.
Thank-you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.