April 23, 2024, 12:20:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276101 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

It will be a slam-dunk if the clothes in the ceiling belong to the killer since they have security cameras showing entry and exits into the building.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's the professor that cancelled his class.  Likely his clothes or a lab coat with her blood on it in the ceiling.

That's my guess too.

what in the world would make something so horrible happen to such a sweet person as Annie seemed to be??? what is happening in our world? so sad!

I hate to bring nationality into this, but I wonder if her professor is Vietnamese.  Was whoever killed her mad because she was marrying outside of the vietnamese community and religion?  It is reported her fiance is Jewish and she was in the process of converting to Judism.

could very well be! do any of us know the professor's name?

Cookie,I found this.
http://uwire.com/Article.aspx?id=4272398
Yale U. graduate student goes missing
By Harrison Korn, Colin Ross, Paul Needham and Florence Dethy
September 10, 2009
Source: Yale Daily News, Yale U.
<snipped>
Le worked in the pharmacology lab of Anton Bennett, an associate professor of pharmacology. Police confiscated her belongings from that lab yesterday and were still examining her lab space Tuesday evening.

Bennett, for his part, said he was first contacted by police late Tuesday after Le’s roommate reported her missing.

He emphasized that his eight-person laboratory team, of which Le is a member, works closely together and, as such, her colleagues noticed her absence quickly.

“There was certainly immediate concern about her whereabouts,” Bennett said. “And they grew over the course of the day,” especially after she missed a pathology class for which she is a teaching assistant.

Bennett described Le as an extremely diligent and well-organized student. He added that she was always aware of her surroundings and took appropriate precautions when leaving the lab late at night. Colleagues interviewed universally described Le as a bundle of energy—an always upbeat and friendly individual, who, while petite, is readily recognizable by the clickety-clack of her high heels on the lab floors.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2009, 09:52:04 PM »

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/137885.php?contentType=4&contentId=251395            Interesting article about the professor 

I think this is an older pic

http://josephschlessinger.net/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:56:55 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »

http://josephschlessinger.info/

Joseph Schlessinger was born March 26, 1945, in the village of Topusko, now in Croatia, when it was occupied by Nazi Germany. The family moved to Israel in 1948. He, together with other citizens, served his compulsory military service with the Golani infantry brigade and was commissioned an officer. As part of his reserve duty he participated in the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War.

Dr. Schlessinger is married to Irit Lax, an Associate Professor in the Pharmacology Department at Yale. The focus of her research is on the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor. Lax has been working together with Joseph Schlessinger since she was a graduate student in Israel in the early 1980s. They each have two children from a previous marriage

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:57:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »

thanks Trimmy!
gonna watch Geraldo to see if he has anything to add...
hmmmm...not sure about this professor...maybe a student?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »

Thanks Klaas, now I'm wondering if she had both of these men as professors, Bennett and Schlessinger?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »

thanks Trimmy!
gonna watch Geraldo to see if he has anything to add...
hmmmm...not sure about this professor...maybe a student?

I don't know.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

So we have the contenders, and Geraldo show introduced possiblity of a fellow student.    Thanks Klaas for the quick find.  By the time I found one, and trying to figure out how to get to photobucket, you had posted with bio.  You are so good!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:57:52 PM by klaasend » Logged

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2009, 10:16:51 PM »

I am feeling such sadness surrounding this murder.  She was a such a remarkable human being.  It is such a loss.  The timing  must make it even more difficult for her family and fiance.  My prayers for all of them. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »

snipped

"Shortly after 5 p.m. this evening, Connecticut State Police located the remains of a human secreted in a wall inside a building located at 10 Amistad [St.]," said New Haven Police Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

"She hasn’t been positively ID’d, but we’re assuming it’s [Le]," Reichard said. "We contacted members of Le’s family. Our sympathies go out to the family."

Reichard revealed that a university student has failed a lie-detector test when questioned about the missing young woman but refused to provide details, including whether he was the same young man who had been led from the building for questioning early Saturday.
"We can’t release any more information at this time," Reichard said

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/body_found_in_lab_student_fails_otQy7CdsFB6VSiQfCisUxH
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »

snipped

"Shortly after 5 p.m. this evening, Connecticut State Police located the remains of a human secreted in a wall inside a building located at 10 Amistad [St.]," said New Haven Police Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

"She hasn’t been positively ID’d, but we’re assuming it’s [Le]," Reichard said. "We contacted members of Le’s family. Our sympathies go out to the family."

Reichard revealed that a university student has failed a lie-detector test when questioned about the missing young woman but refused to provide details, including whether he was the same young man who had been led from the building for questioning early Saturday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/body_found_in_lab_student_fails_otQy7CdsFB6VSiQfCisUxH

Thanks, so this is saying student too. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »

So we have the contenders, and Geraldo show introduced possiblity of a fellow student.    Thanks Klaas for the quick find.  By the time I found one, and trying to figure out how to get to photobucket, you had posted with bio.  You are so good!!
Thanks, it sure would have to be someone who is very familiar with the building at least that's what I would think.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:58:08 PM by klaasend » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

Craig Rivera is reporting now it's a "false wall" in the lab area. 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »

snipped

Thanks, so this is saying student too. 

The way the article is worded it makes it sound like the reporter may have talked to the asst chief after the presser. He used the word revealed, fwiw........

What bothers me, is the fact there have been no alerts or warnings to students about the possibility of a maniac being on the loose.......
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »

On the right side of the page on the link below, there is the video of tonight press conference:

http://www.wfsb.com/index.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »

I'm going to move this thread to the Missing found Deceased area. Buckle your seat belts

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »

Found this tidbit

freedom of speech? Says:
August 12th, 2009 at 4:17 am

Verdict Quote:
“The website contains false, inflammatory statements that impugn the Complainant’s character and reputation.”

Uh…exactly which part of the Joseph Schlessinger website is false??? According to the references, Joseph Schlessinger WAS accused sexual harassment according to a sworn statement and he DID attempt to steal intellectual property and he DID lose the lawsuit.

It is negative, but also accurate! IE, its NOT “defamation of character” or slander if its true!!!

Justice has NOT been served with WIPO’s transfer here…

http://www.defendmydomain.com/yale-professor-joseph-schlessinger-stops-the-criticism/

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »

And this

Yale Pharmacology Prof Brilliant at Researching Cancer Drugs; How He Treats Women, Not So Much
by Nick Summers | December 6, 2006 at 3:33 pm

Yale Pharmacology Prof Brilliant at Researching Cancer Drugs; How He Treats Women, Not So Much

Life as the William H. Prusoff Professor and Chairman of the Department of Pharmacology at Yale has its ups and its downs. One day, you're winning the $1 million Dan David Prize for research into cellular signal transduction (might help cure cancer, no bigs); the next, your former secretary files a lawsuit for wanton sexual harrassment dating to day one of her tenure.

The complaint, Mary Beth Garceau v. Yale, alleges a lot about Prof. Joseph Schlessinger, from jokes about penis size to bragging about conquests (46) to the scholarly exchange above. Yale did nothing to stop the harrassment despite her frequent complaints, Garceau says; a spokesperson for the university tells the YDN that they'll fight the suit in court. (Full PDF)

Garceau also alleges that Schlessinger showed her a photo of a naked woman and claimed it was his wife -- at which point his wife walked in the door and started yelling at him. That's wrong and stupid and crazy enough. Wronger, stupider, crazier: his wife, Irit Lax, is an assistant professor in the same department.

http://www.ivygateblog.com/2006/12/yale-pharmacology-prof-brilliant-at-researching-cancer-drugs-how-he-treats-women-not-so-much/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:29 PM »

Lab time is exceptionally hard to get unless you are on a research team especially in a graduate lab as opposed to undergraduate.  Graduate labs also have better and more equipment and are not easy to stroll on in as you would be noticed as being out of place immediately and someone would question who you are and what you are doing there very quickly.  If they were using animals as part of their research they are always watching for some radical to come in and destroy their research or the lab equipment to stop the research on animals.   

Lab groups are very competitive not only in getting lab time, equipment time and professor time but also with the project they are doing.  Everyone sees theirs as the most important and biggest and wants to beat others that may be doing the same or similar research.

It was stated in one article that she was on a team of 8 for the research she was doing.  I have not seen if they all got along of if there was competition within the group.  I feel it was either another student who was jealous that knew their way around the lab and would not be out of place or a professor.  Someone who wanted to be part of the research team that was not on it for whatever reason or someone within the same team .  Professors are pretty quirky and consider their labs to be an extension of their homes so they would not be my first pick unless they were violent etc already.

JMO
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »

So, the Professor has a track record of sexual harassment against women.

http://www.ct.gov/chro/lib/chro/pdf/garceau_orderm2c.pdf

I bet Annie threatened to file a complaint against him.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

How could this happen when there were other persons around ?
I guess that they would know who was in there from the swipe cards.
There has been not much on CNN this evening about this.
Such a sad situation for her family and fiance.
Because it happened so close to her wedding, I am making an assumption that it was a male and it was someone that had been bothering her. We'll find out I guess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.