March 29, 2024, 08:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 275747 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:49 PM »

I found a picture of this Lei Zhang.  I can't get it to post to my photo bucket, so i sent it to klaas with a beggy note!  Hopefully she will post for us. 
I hope so 

I did a random search on his name, and YALE and this is one of the pictures.  In the top it says xxxx lab.  It looks like a party, or pot luck.  Why didn't I save the link?  I will look again. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2009, 06:39:19 PM »

Here is the link... yea for me..I think

((edit - not the person of interest))

Edit to insert image tags.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:43:24 PM by klaasend » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »

Thanks 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »

Here is the link... yea for me..I think

((edit - not the person of interest))

Edit to insert image tags.

Thank you 2NJ...are you back from vacation?? Did you have a good time?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:44:11 PM by klaasend » Logged

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »

YW, AZSunny.   Got home late yesterday afternoon.  We had a good time despite the rain & wind.  Thanks for asking.

This case is reminding me of the cleaning woman who disappeared in a Manhattan building and was found later in a duct.  I hope they nab the sick SOB who did this.     

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »

YW, AZSunny.   Got home late yesterday afternoon.  We had a good time despite the rain & wind.  Thanks for asking.

This case is reminding me of the cleaning woman who disappeared in a Manhattan building and was found later in a duct.  I hope they nab the sick SOB who did this.     

Me too.  I think they probably have him identified already, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the lab technician.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2009, 07:18:33 PM »

Police sources: Lab worker possible suspect in Yale student's death
o a friend | Print version | ShareThis |  RSS Feeds

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

Click to enlarge

A Yale security guard, left, watches as Yale University Grad students stand in silence after setting up a memorial n front of 10 Amistad Street late Sunday night in New Haven, Conn., Sunday, Sept. 13, 2009. Sunday afternoon a body was discovered in a wall of 10 Amistad St which was the last place Annie Le, a Yale grad student was seen. (AP Photo/Thomas Cain)

NEW HAVEN  — Detectives have strong leads in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le and interest is focused on a lab technician who works in the building where the body was found Sunday, multiple police sources confirmed Monday.

The Yale employee has been under the law enforcement microscope since before Annie Le's body was found Sunday in a mechanical chase in the basement of the 120,000-square-foot building.

He had scratches on his chest, as if he were in some type of a struggle, which drew police attention, the sources confirmed.

He also took and failed an FBI-administered polygraph exam, they said, and at some point during questioning invoked his right to an attorney present and stopped answering questions. Over the last week, police interviewed and re-interviewed roughly 100 people who work or have access to 10 Amistad St., and the person on whom police appear to be zeroing in was among them.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/doc4aae5d57ae145175622155.txt

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »

Thanks for all the links and the photo...if this is the guy I hope he is arrested very soon. And I hope he is being watched!!  This is so sad!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

Police sources: Lab worker possible suspect in Yale student's death
o a friend | Print version | ShareThis |  RSS Feeds

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

Click to enlarge

A Yale security guard, left, watches as Yale University Grad students stand in silence after setting up a memorial n front of 10 Amistad Street late Sunday night in New Haven, Conn., Sunday, Sept. 13, 2009. Sunday afternoon a body was discovered in a wall of 10 Amistad St which was the last place Annie Le, a Yale grad student was seen. (AP Photo/Thomas Cain)

NEW HAVEN  — Detectives have strong leads in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le and interest is focused on a lab technician who works in the building where the body was found Sunday, multiple police sources confirmed Monday.

The Yale employee has been under the law enforcement microscope since before Annie Le's body was found Sunday
in a mechanical chase in the basement of the 120,000-square-foot building.

He had scratches on his chest, as if he were in some type of a struggle, which drew police attention, the sources confirmed.

He also took and failed an FBI-administered polygraph exam, they said, and at some point during questioning invoked his right to an attorney present and stopped answering questions. Over the last week, police interviewed and re-interviewed roughly 100 people who work or have access to 10 Amistad St., and the person on whom police appear to be zeroing in was among them.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/14/news/doc4aae5d57ae145175622155.txt

It was obvious that they HAD to have someone in 'custody' to put out a message that the kids at Yale didn't have to worry and they were safe.  Bet parents were yanking their kids out of school left & right.  I know I would have already been there sleeping in the dorm and attending class with my kid.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »

This is from the comments section of one of the websites on the register.   What do you think?  If all is true, it sound quite feasible to me.

" I believe i have identified the perp/suspect, however I will not name him here, but he does fit all descriptions released so far and the juggsaw puzzle pieces do fall into place.

Lets do a checklist / time line of events:

A. XXX attends Yale as an undergrad and works for Professors connected with Bennett Labs. He helps Bennett Labs publish an article in 2004/2005.

B. XXX moves to Rochester to do post graduate work and research on a temporary assignment. He teaches classes to undergrad students and sometime between 2006 - 2008 he becomes familiar with Annie Le.
He develops an infatuation/crush/unhealthy obessession with/on Ms. Le.

C. XXX finishes his post grad work at Rochester and is rehired back at Yale to work back at Bennett Labs where he originally began as a student. He connects again with the Professor in charge of the Lab.

D. Annie Le finishes her undergrad at Rochester where she has meets her future fiance to be and the man she was supposed to marry on Sunday, possibly in the time while XXX has moved back to Yale. XXX is not aware of this.

E. XXX exerts influence to get Annie Le into the prestigious and highly competitive Yale postgrad program. She goes there thanks to his influence and XXX feels she owes him for what he has done for her.

F. XXX works at Yale as a lab tech / classroom instructor for low level post grad students in the Amisted Bldg. Annie is now back in his sights and his unhealthy infatuation continues as she is assigned to work with him on projects at the lab and in the medical complex.

G. XXX finds out about her fiance and upcoming marriage. He feels betrayed, let down and completely overwhelmed by the situation. He feels anger towards Annie after doing so much for her to get her into Yale. He wants her to repay him with a relationship, but she rebukes his advances.

H. The murder takes place. XXX has a long history of working at the facility and fits all the descriptions offered by the LE of the potential suspect. Namely he is an insider with access to the building and;

1. He knows the nooks crannies the intricate workings of the Med building where she is murdered.
2. He knows how the fire alarm system works.
3. He knows how to use chemicals to disguise the odor of decaying body.
4. He knows hiding places to put the body.
5. He knows the video survellance system that exists.

G. He is not a Yale student but he is a Yale employee (however he used to be a Yale student in his undergrad years). This explains the contradictory reports some saying he is a student some saying he is an employee but not a student and some saying he is both.

H. Other incidentals:
Bennett Labs website (containing the name of XXX) is one of first sites forced to be removed from public access by LE.
Annies family may have been aware of previous advances by XXX upon her throughout her undergrad years at Rochester where XXX was teaching at the time of her attendance; thus the clue that they provided some helpful information to LE.

The Bennett Labs Yale Professor who cancels class does so because he is unable to contact the Lab Tech who was supposed to be teaching it or present for said class, namely the suspect XXX. The Yale professor is at the time not aware of Annies dissappearance..and is unaware that the reason he is unable to contact XXX is because of XXX's involvement in said crime.

Yale's lack of information/honesty in this investigation into one of their employee's who also works for a chair of the department who has previously been charged with Sexual Harrassment. Yale is is concerned about their liability in this case and may have failed to act when XXX exhibitied unwanted behaviour towards Annie previously.

I think it all adds up and XXX is our man.

In summary, please take sexual harrasment seriously as it seems there a lot of people who can get jealous very easily and commit horrible crimes as result. "

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »

This is from the comments section of one of the websites on the register.   What do you think?  If all is true, it sound quite feasible to me.

" I believe i have identified the perp/suspect, however I will not name him here, but he does fit all descriptions released so far and the juggsaw puzzle pieces do fall into place.

Lets do a checklist / time line of events:

A. XXX attends Yale as an undergrad and works for Professors connected with Bennett Labs. He helps Bennett Labs publish an article in 2004/2005.

B. XXX moves to Rochester to do post graduate work and research on a temporary assignment. He teaches classes to undergrad students and sometime between 2006 - 2008 he becomes familiar with Annie Le.
He develops an infatuation/crush/unhealthy obessession with/on Ms. Le.

C. XXX finishes his post grad work at Rochester and is rehired back at Yale to work back at Bennett Labs where he originally began as a student. He connects again with the Professor in charge of the Lab.

D. Annie Le finishes her undergrad at Rochester where she has meets her future fiance to be and the man she was supposed to marry on Sunday, possibly in the time while XXX has moved back to Yale. XXX is not aware of this.

E. XXX exerts influence to get Annie Le into the prestigious and highly competitive Yale postgrad program. She goes there thanks to his influence and XXX feels she owes him for what he has done for her.

F. XXX works at Yale as a lab tech / classroom instructor for low level post grad students in the Amisted Bldg. Annie is now back in his sights and his unhealthy infatuation continues as she is assigned to work with him on projects at the lab and in the medical complex.

G. XXX finds out about her fiance and upcoming marriage. He feels betrayed, let down and completely overwhelmed by the situation. He feels anger towards Annie after doing so much for her to get her into Yale. He wants her to repay him with a relationship, but she rebukes his advances.

H. The murder takes place. XXX has a long history of working at the facility and fits all the descriptions offered by the LE of the potential suspect. Namely he is an insider with access to the building and;

1. He knows the nooks crannies the intricate workings of the Med building where she is murdered.
2. He knows how the fire alarm system works.
3. He knows how to use chemicals to disguise the odor of decaying body.
4. He knows hiding places to put the body.
5. He knows the video survellance system that exists.

G. He is not a Yale student but he is a Yale employee (however he used to be a Yale student in his undergrad years). This explains the contradictory reports some saying he is a student some saying he is an employee but not a student and some saying he is both.

H. Other incidentals:
Bennett Labs website (containing the name of XXX) is one of first sites forced to be removed from public access by LE.
Annies family may have been aware of previous advances by XXX upon her throughout her undergrad years at Rochester where XXX was teaching at the time of her attendance; thus the clue that they provided some helpful information to LE.

The Bennett Labs Yale Professor who cancels class does so because he is unable to contact the Lab Tech who was supposed to be teaching it or present for said class, namely the suspect XXX. The Yale professor is at the time not aware of Annies dissappearance..and is unaware that the reason he is unable to contact XXX is because of XXX's involvement in said crime.

Yale's lack of information/honesty in this investigation into one of their employee's who also works for a chair of the department who has previously been charged with Sexual Harrassment. Yale is is concerned about their liability in this case and may have failed to act when XXX exhibitied unwanted behaviour towards Annie previously.

I think it all adds up and XXX is our man.

In summary, please take sexual harrasment seriously as it seems there a lot of people who can get jealous very easily and commit horrible crimes as result. "

wow, if the police have all of that information, and that poster is telling the truth, i think thats a ton of circumstantial evidence that points in this guys direction.  i bet the police are aware of all of this and are just waiting for some physical evidence to tie in as well
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

Wow..thanks for bringing that over AZSunny...that person sure did their homework and is probably on the button in determining who it is.  And it sure DOES seem that Yale isn't interested in stopping sexual harassment even though they like to APPEAR politically correct.   

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »

Wow..thanks for bringing that over AZSunny...that person sure did their homework and is probably on the button in determining who it is.  And it sure DOES seem that Yale isn't interested in stopping sexual harassment even though they like to APPEAR politically correct.   

I have no way of knowing if all this information is correct, but it does appear at least possible.  I am guessing here, but it was said the police went back to talk to Annie's room mate today.  I am wondering if the questioning might have been about interaction with this lab tech.  Annie may have complained about unwanted attention, if not harassement. 

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »

I don't even want to think about what this perp did to her.  Anyone notice how they still say it is her "presumed" body.  They have yet to confirm it was her.  This tells me that her face is so badly mutilated or disfigured that she was unidentifiable by looking at her.  How hard is it to get a family member to go identify the body?  This perp is a sick SOB.  They shouldn't need an autopsy to identify the body when she wasn't gone that long.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »

I don't even want to think about what this perp did to her.  Anyone notice how they still say it is her "presumed" body.  They have yet to confirm it was her.  This tells me that her face is so badly mutilated or disfigured that she was unidentifiable by looking at her.  How hard is it to get a family member to go identify the body?  This perp is a sick SOB.  They shouldn't need an autopsy to identify the body when she wasn't gone that long.

They positively identified the body earlier today.  Alot of decomposition can take place in 4 -5 days.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2009, 01:35:27 AM »

http://radonc.urmc.rochester.edu/newsletters/Apr2008newsletter.pdf

last page bottom corner is an image as well as project description from April 2008
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »

http://www.medicineatyale.org/v3i6_nov_dec_2007/building.html
<snipped>

“This is the future,” declared Yale President Richard C. Levin at the October 5 ribbon cutting for the medical school’s newest building, a 120,000-square-foot structure at 10 Amistad Street that will house the Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics (VBT), the Yale Stem Cell Center (YSCC) and the Human and Translational Immunology (HTI) Program. The $88.6 million building is the latest to be built as part of a $1 billion plan to expand science facilities at Yale.

The research done in the three programs that will occupy the new facility, each of which draws on faculty throughout the university, was identified by a strategic planning committee in 2004–2005 as crucial to the medical school’s long-term goals, said Robert J. Alpern, M.D., dean and Ensign Professor of Medicine.

--------------------------

If the suspect is a lab tech, that person could be from any of the three research programs and not necessarily part of Annie's lab. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2009, 01:54:18 AM »

BODY IDENTIFIED AS ANNIE LE MED ’13

The body found at 10 Amistad St. has been identified as the remains of Annie Le MED ’13, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Connecticut.
The manner of death has been classified as a homicide, though the office declined to release the cause of death in order to facilitate the ongoing investigation into Le's death. The cause of death will be released tomorrow at 3 p.m., according to the office.
Since it was classified a homicide on Sunday, the case is being investigated primarily by the New Haven Police Department. NHPD Spokesman Officer Joe Avery said...

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/14/body-identified-annie-le-med-13/comments/
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2009, 02:24:30 AM »

BODY IDENTIFIED AS ANNIE LE MED ’13

The body found at 10 Amistad St. has been identified as the remains of Annie Le MED ’13, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Connecticut.
The manner of death has been classified as a homicide, though the office declined to release the cause of death in order to facilitate the ongoing investigation into Le's death. The cause of death will be released tomorrow at 3 p.m., according to the office.
Since it was classified a homicide on Sunday, the case is being investigated primarily by the New Haven Police Department. NHPD Spokesman Officer Joe Avery said...

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/14/body-identified-annie-le-med-13/comments/

Thanks so much for posting the updates NorthernRose.  Since they are announcing the Cause of Death...I'd be willing to bet that they also announce that the POI has formal charges against him. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »

NorthernRose,thanks for the updates.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.