April 26, 2024, 10:00:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 276167 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »

I wasn't impressed by the woman that represented Yale in the news conference. Why was she smiling so much.  She acted like it was an award ceremony instead of a missing person investigation.

Also, I can't believe they originally thought that there was no crime and that she was a runaway bride.  Annie Le has spent many years earning her degree and making progress on her research. I don't think anyone would walk away at that point in their career simply because they wanted to back out of a wedding.

I wasn't either.  Seemed like she was giving a speach at a meeting on how to be politically correct. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

I wasn't impressed by the woman that represented Yale in the news conference. Why was she smiling so much.  She acted like it was an award ceremony instead of a missing person investigation.

Also, I can't believe they originally thought that there was no crime and that she was a runaway bride.  Annie Le has spent many years earning her degree and making progress on her research. I don't think anyone would walk away at that point in their career simply because they wanted to back out of a wedding.

I wasn't either.  Seemed like she was giving a speach at a meeting on how to be politically correct. 

I can't find this new conference on line?  Anyone know if it is posted someplace?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

I'm watching Geraldo and he is talking to Kimberly Guilfoyle and Joe Tacopina.

Kimberly Guilfoyle thinks they probably have a suspect.

Joe Tacopina said he doesn't think she got cold feet and left.  He said he would be blown away if they find a body in the building. 

They think is it someone who knows her schedule and someone who knows her.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:45:21 PM by San » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2009, 10:44:14 PM »

I can't find this new conference on line?  Anyone know if it is posted someplace?

I'll look for it
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2009, 10:48:17 PM »

The video is skipping some of the very beginning when the VP of Yale speaks.

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2009, 10:51:18 PM »

Someome mentioned something on one of the New Hampshire sites.  Is there an incinerator in the building?  There very well might be an incinerator for medical waste from their lab work.

I think that whomever it was would have put their bloody clothes in the incinerator as well.  At least I would, but there are lots of idiots out there so who knows?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2009, 08:58:03 AM »

FBI agent Kim Mertz speaks to reporters about blood clothing, other developments in the disappearance of Yale grad student Annie Le, Sept. 12, 2009. Behind Mertz are other local and state law enforcement officials.

New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington (blue shirt) gets into an unmarked New Haven police vehicle outside 10 Amistad St. Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

Scene outside of 10 Amistad St in New Haven Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

This is the last time anyone saw Annie Le (surveillance photo).

Annie Le has gone missing from Yale, in New Haven, on September 8th.

Annie Le, featured above, went missing from Yale, in New Haven, on September 8th. (Photo: Courtesy of Facebook, September 9th)

Authorities search a dumpster behind a building where Annie Le was last seen, September 10, 2009.
PreviousPlayNext

Bloody clothing, no body, found at Yale
New Haven State's Attorney Dearington at scene

Updated: Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 11:49 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 3:35 PM EDT

* By: Erin Cox

New Haven (WTNH) - Bloody clothing has been found in ceiling tiles at 10 Amistad Street, the Yale building where Annie Le was last seen, authorities said Saturday. A body has not been found, authorities told News Channel 8.

Law enforcement sources told News Channel 8's Erin Cox the area where the items were found is now considered a crime scene.

"We don't know where she is," a Yale University spokesperson said at an early evening news conference.

Kim Mertz of the FBI said "no lead is going uncovered" in search for Le. Mertz said they do not know if they are dealing with a missing person or a crime.

Mertz said over 100 law enforcement officials are working on the case.

Around 12:15 p.m., New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington was photographed leaving the building at 10 Amistad St. with New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

Investigators outside the lab where Le worked drove away from the scene with a man they were questioning, the Associated Press reported. Two agents were seen questioning the man just before 10:30 a.m.  When they finished talking, the man got in the front seat of the unmarked car and one of the agents got in the back seat. The car then drove away.

"We have not identified anyone as a person of interest," Mertz said.

Le, a doctoral student from Placerville, Calif., was last seen Tuesday at the Yale Medical School complex, less than a mile from the main campus. She was planning to be married Sunday on Long Island.

An agent said the FBI wouldn't answer any questions about the investigation while it's ongoing.

Speaking to the The Yale Daily News Friday, Yale University Chief James Perrotti said authorities “still have no idea” what happened to Le of whether she ever left the research building.

On ABC's Good Morning America Saturday, Vanessa Flores, a former roommate of Le's who came out from California for the wedding, said Le was a very conscientious person and was excited about her upcoming wedding.

"There was nothing that would make us believe that she was having second thoughts or anything like that," Flores told ABC.

Citing a police source, the New York Daily News reported that police on Friday questioned a Yale professor in Le's disappearance. According to the report, Le was supposed to attend the professor's class on Tuesday, but the class was canceled and Le was discovered missing a few hours later.

However, the Yale Daily News quoted University Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer, who shot down those reports. Lorimer said the police were "interviewing tons of people" and that there was no reason to believe any professor was a suspect.

A $10,000 reward has been offered to anyone who can give information to help solve the case. The FBI tipline is 1-877-503-1950.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/news_wtnh_new_haven_bloody_clothing_found_at_yale_200909121535

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »

Cops find bloody clothing as Yale student remains missing (with video)

Published: Sunday, September 13, 2009
 a friend | Print version | ShareThis |  RSS Feeds

By William Kaempffer and and Mary E. O’Leary, Register Staff

Crime scene investigators walk by the Connecticut state police’s major crime vehicle Saturday outside the Yale University building on Amistad Street where missing student Annie Le was last seen. (Melanie Stengel/Register)

NEW HAVEN — Bloody clothes were found Saturday inside the building where missing Yale University student Annie Le was last seen Tuesday morning, according to numerous sources.

But police officially, at an early-evening press conference, would only say “potential evidence” had been located and they had yet to determine if it was associated with Le.

“Items that could potentially be evidence have been seized. None have yet have been associated with Annie Le,” said Kimberly Mertz, special agent in charge for the FBI in Connecticut. “We are not in a position today to conclude whether this is a missing persons case or whether criminality is involved.”

Sources confirmed, however, that the bloody clothing was found in a drop ceiling somewhere in the five-story science lab building at 10 Amistad St. The evidence was being tested Saturday and a mobile police crime lab could be seen in a driveway into the 10 Amistad St. building.

Mertz denied that a body had been found in the case as of 5:30 p.m. Saturday, which had been reported by several television stations. When asked if the police suspected foul play, Mertz refused to comment. New Haven State’s Attorney Michael Dearington was at 10 Amistad St. on Saturday.

Linda Lorimer, vice president and secretary of the university, said the investigation was “at a very difficult stage,” and solving the mystery of Le’s disappearance would not be served now by further speculation.

The potential evidence was the first break in the case that started to unfold Tuesday evening when Le’s roommate reported her missing. She was last seen on security camera footage as she entered 10 Amistad St., where she was working on a research project

A third-year doctoral student in pharmacology and molecular medicine, Le, 24, was planning to marry Jonathan Widawsky, a Columbia University graduate student, today in Long Island. The wedding was canceled Friday.

Police have spent several days reviewing video footage from the more than 70 cameras focused on the exterior of 10 Amistad St. and an adjacent garage, but they have yet to find an image showing Le leaving the facility. They could be seen bringing a set of blueprints to the building Saturday.

Mertz said they were enhancing some of the images to make sure they hadn’t missed anything and there was no evidence that the video had been tampered with.

Lorimer said a fire alarm that emptied the building Tuesday afternoon was set off by steam released from a piece of lab equipment.

In earlier reports on the disappearance, Yale officials speculated that it might have been difficult to spot the 4- foot-11-inch, 90-pound Le leaving with a crowd of students and workers, particularly if she were wearing a lab coat or different clothing than when she entered the building.

Mertz said they have talked to numerous people in the Amistad building who saw Le inside the building Tuesday, but she wouldn’t comment beyond that.

At 10 Amistad St. on Saturday, police were present, but it was more or less business as usual at the facility, where a conference was being held. Students entered and left throughout the day, even as a portion of the building was now considered a crime scene, according to sources.

Asked if Le might not have wanted to get married, Lorimer said, based on discussions with the family “there is no reason to believe that whatsoever.” Previous comments from friends and colleagues backed up that conclusion. Widawsky and the family have been cooperating with the investigation.

There were also earlier reports that the authorities were interviewing a Yale professor who had canceled his class, just before Le went missing.

Lorimer has responded that the professor was interviewed, as were dozens of others on the campus. Mertz Saturday said “cancellation of that class is not considered problematic. That is not something that they are pursuing as an important part of finding out about Annie’s whereabouts.”

Le had left her purse, cell phone, cash and credit cards in her office at the medical school on Cedar Street before walking the three blocks to Amistad building Tuesday. A review by police of the items did not offer any clues as to her disappearance.

Lorimer told the press it was a very difficult time for the family and she asked that their privacy be respected.

Rocky Tuan, a professor close to Le when she was an undergraduate at the University of Rochester, said Le is a “very smart kid, very motivated. She has a very delightful personality, always laughing.”

Tuan was her mentor on a project at the National Institutes of Health, where she won a prestigious scholarship for several summers to do research as an undergraduate.

He called the news about Le “a shock. She had found her niche and was very excited about her engagement. She had so much ahead of her.”

The Amistad building is part of the university’s medical school complex, which is about a mile from the main downtown Yale campus.

Yale Friday offered a $10,000 reward for information and again asked that anyone with information to call the FBI tip line at (877) 503-1950.

About 100 law enforcement agents from Yale University, the FBI, state police and city officers have been working on the case around the clock since late Tuesday. State police brought in bloodhounds earlier in the week to search the building.

Mary E. O’Leary can be reached at 789-5731 or moleary@nhregister.com. William Kaempffer can be reached at 789-5727 or wkaempffer@nhregister.com.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/13/news/new_haven/doc4aac61166bb4a241108227.txt

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »

Someome mentioned something on one of the New Hampshire sites.  Is there an incinerator in the building?  There very well might be an incinerator for medical waste from their lab work.

I think that whomever it was would have put their bloody clothes in the incinerator as well.  At least I would, but there are lots of idiots out there so who knows?

You'ld sure think so
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

Hope And Dread: Search Continues For Missing Yale Graduate Student Annie Le
Annie Le

By ALAINE GRIFFIN and REGINE LABOSSIERE The Hartford Courant

September 13, 2009

NEW HAVEN — - Investigators searching for Annie Le, the 24-year-old Yale graduate student missing since Tuesday, have found bloody clothes above a ceiling tile in the building where Le was last seen, a police source told The Courant Saturday.

But no body had been found as of Saturday evening, and investigators were still searching for Le, Yale Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer at a press conference.

"The investigation is at a very difficult time," Lorimer said.

Kim Mertz, the FBI special agent in charge of the case, said Saturday that items that might be evidence have been collected from the research building at 10 Amistad St., in the Yale Medical School complex.

"We don't know if they could be associated with Annie Le," she said. "We have not identified anyone as a person of interest."

She added, "We're not in a position today to say whether this is a missing person case or whether criminality is involved."

University spokesman Tom Conroy said, "We don't know where she is, we don't know what happened to her."

Le, whose planned marriage today on Long Island has been canceled, has been the focus of an intensive search since her disappearance. Dozens of Yale, New Haven and state police and FBI agents have been involved in the search, which continues to focus on the Amistad Street building.

Police said they have interviewed numerous people, including some who saw Le inside the building.

Le was last seen entering the laboratory building about 10 a.m. Tuesday. But investigators have been unable to find any record of her leaving, despite spending hours poring over tapes from some 75 surveillance cameras that cover the complex.

Lorimer said it was "entirely perplexing that there doesn't seem to be a record of her" leaving the building, according to the Yale Daily News.

Investigators, having already gone through the videos once, were reviewing the surveillance tapes frame by frame to see if they overlooked Le, who could have changed into a laboratory coat or other clothing before leaving the building.

On Saturday, they brought in what appeared to be the building's blueprints. FBI agents also were spotted questioning an unidentified man outside the lab. When they finished talking, the man got into the front seat of an unmarked car and an FBI agent got into the back seat. The car then drove away.

Agent Bill Reiner said the FBI would not answer any questions about the investigation while it is still underway.

Yale is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Le's whereabouts. She is described as being of Asian descent, 4 feet 11 inches tall and 90 pounds. Her purse, cellphone, credit cards and money were found in her office in the lab building.

Le, originally from Placerville, Calif., was to get married today at the North Ritz Club in Syosset, N.Y. Workers at the club said the wedding was canceled on Friday.

Police said her fiancé, Jonathan Widawsky, a graduate student at Columbia University in New York City, is not a suspect and is assisting with the investigation.

During the evening, as many as six uniformed Yale and New Haven police officers stood guard outside the building's main entrance and the ramp to its parking garage. They carefully checked IDs of people who tried to get in, and turned away several. One woman arrived with a Yale ID card and told them she'd been called in to work that evening, but they sent her away, saying the basement — where she was assigned to work — was closed off.

Saturday evening, two young women strode to a tree along Amistad and put up a cardboard sign bearing the message "Annie — We Hope You Are Okay!! — Yale Grad Students."

One, who identified herself only as Kristina, said she and other Yale grad students are frightened and want more information from school administrators.

"The grad students are terrified," she said. "A lot of us are female and small, and we don't feel safe. We haven't heard anything from the dean of medicine or from anybody except the Yale police."

The woman said she doesn't know Le personally, but heard her give a presentation on pharmacology last year.

"I remember thinking, 'She's very together, she's very impressive,'" the woman said. "I hope she's OK."

— Associated Press reports are included in this story.

Copyright © 2009, The Hartford Courant

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-yale-missing-student-0913.artsep13,0,170336.story

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »

Thanks Blonde for all the updates. I am holding out hope that she is still found safe.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

Items seized in disappearance
FBI is looking for Yale graduate student who went missing Tuesday
By Associated Press        Published on 9/13/2009

New Haven (AP) - Potential evidence has been seized from the building where a Yale University graduate student was last seen before she vanished days ahead of her wedding, authorities said Saturday.

Items that could be evidence are being analyzed but none has yet been associated with Annie Le, FBI spokeswoman Kim Mertz said at a news conference.

”I will categorically say a body has not been found,” Mertz said. “Items that could potentially be evidence have been seized. None have yet been associated with Annie Le at this time.”

Mertz would not confirm reports that the items found included bloody clothing.

Le was last seen Tuesday at a university laboratory. She swiped her identification card to enter the building Tuesday morning, but authorities have found no record of her leaving, despite some 75 surveillance cameras that cover the complex.

Authorities said they still have not determined whether Le's disappearance is a criminal case.

”We don't know where she is. We don't know what happened to her,” Yale spokesman Tom Conroy said. “We don't know if a crime was committed or not.”

Investigators, having already gone through the videos once, continued to review the surveillance tapes frame-by-frame Saturday to see if they overlooked Le, who could have changed into a laboratory coat or other clothes before leaving the building.

”I do not know that it's definitive that she has left the building at this point,” Mertz said.

On Saturday, investigators took what appeared to be blueprints to the building. FBI agents were also spotted questioning a man outside the lab. When they finished talking, the man got in the front seat of the unmarked car and an FBI agent got in the back seat. The car then drove away.

Yale is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Le's whereabouts.

Le, who's of Asian descent, stands 4-foot-11 and weighs 90 pounds. Her purse, cell phone, credit cards and money were found in her office. Officials say there's no evidence of foul play. Le, originally from Placerville, Calif., was set to get married Sunday at the North Ritz Club in Syosset, N.Y., on the north shore of Long Island. Workers at the club say the wedding was canceled Friday.

Police say Le's fiance, Jonathan Widawsky, a Columbia University graduate student, is not a suspect and is assisting with the probe.

Wesleyan University professor Charles Lemert, who lives across the street, said Le always took time to talk to his 11-year-old daughter.

”I wish more than anything this could be solved and turn into some kind of misunderstanding, but it seems bleak,” he said.

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=5170f40a-183b-409d-845c-b2e3086658bb

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/13/2009-09-13_details_of_the_canceled_wedding_of_.html

A life that may not be: Details of the canceled wedding of Annie Le

BY Matthew Lysiak In New Haven and Henrick Karoliszyn and Samuel Goldsmith
Daily News Writers

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 4:00 AM

Only one question was supposed to be on the mind of would-be groom Jonathan Widawsky on Sunday.

Do you take this woman to be your wife?

Instead, the 24-year-old is faced with much darker questions about his fiancée, Annie Le, who was last seen alive Tuesday morning in her lab at Yale Medical School.

Cantor Sandra Sherry, who would have presided over today’s ceremony, immediately feared foul play, saying Le, 24, would never skip out on her wedding day.

“I never thought that it was anything like ‘cold feet,’” said Sherry, of Temple Beth El in Huntington, L.I.

“Her smile was effervescent when she spoke about the wedding,” said Sherry. “She embroidered her own veil, which says to me that she was looking forward to this occasion.”

Some 160 guests were to arrive at the North Ritz Club in Syosset at 11 a.m. for the ceremony, set on a gazebo overlooking a pond. The celebration would have continued until the early evening with a meal, open bar and toasts.

“Annie had already picked everything out,” said banquet manager Nadeen Fotopoulos. “I know she was very excited to get married, and it was going to be just a fantastic wedding.”

Deborah Kiley, owner of Deborah’s Hairloft in Huntington, was planning to do Le’s hair and makeup this morning. “She wanted a slick back bun and very simple makeup,” Kiley said. “She wanted everything perfect.”

Le would have gone to the spa next to Kiley’s salon for a manicure and pedicure on Friday, she said. The two have been talking about the wedding for about a year.

Sherry has known Widawsky since he was a baby, she said, but noticed “he was happiest when he was around Annie. He really shone bright around her.”

“They had everything going for them,” she said. “They were not only a couple, they were best friends. They reached a level of maturity that said they were ready for matrimony.”

“I always ask couples why they chose to be married,” Sherry said. “Annie clearly said Jonathan brought out the best in her and that she’s very in love with him.”

The groom’s father, Michael Widawsky, called Sherry on Wednesday to say the wedding would be postponed.

“He was very, very distraught,” she said. “He said the family made a decision. They didn’t know where she was and people were coming to town so they had to postpone the wedding.”

Sherry has been in touch with the family every day since.

“It’s very clear they’re feeling very sad,” she said.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »

Thanks Blonde.
It looks pretty grim for this lovely young woman.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ks5LJE18Zsg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ks5LJE18Zsg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2169113/annie_marie_le_is_missing_body_found.html?cat=9

Annie Marie Le is Missing: Body Found is Unsubstantiated Rumor

A rumor spread Saturday across the internet that the body of missing Yale student Annie Marie Le had been found. But the rumor was untrue. Annie Marie Le's body had not been found. In fact, Fox News reported that authorities have yet to determine whether or not anything criminal took place. Annie Marie Le is missing. The Yale student was last seen entering a lab building in the medical complex about a mile from the main campus.

As with any missing person case, the finding of a body can sometimes be problematic. It may not be the individual authorities are searching for, which means that the investigation continues (and a new investigation begins into who the recovered individual might be and how they happened to arrive at that point). If the body is that of the missing person being searched for, then it must be determined how the body came to be in the circumstances within which it was discovered. But in the meantime, the family of the missing person (or the recovered person) experiences ongoing emotional distress.

Rumors or unsubstantiated reports tend to cause undue pain and suffering with the families and friends of the missing. They can also interfere with an investigation, cause authorities to alter or halt altogether their searches, perhaps causing them to miss a valuable clue or pick up on a lead later, fostering unnecessary delay. In addition, rumors and false reports, especially hoaxes, are irresponsible, callous, and totally insensitive to the suffering of others.

In the case of Annie Marie Le, who was scheduled to be married Sunday, that emotional distress would extend to that of the family and friends of the fiance as well.

FBI Special Agent Kim Mertz told reporters Saturday that there was no credence to the reports and rumors circulating that the body of 24-year-old Annie Marie Le had been found. Mertz also refused to acknowledge whether or not investigators searching for missing Yale doctoral student Annie Marie Le had found bloody clothing in the building she was last seen entering, something that the New York Daily News was reporting.

(continued)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

http://www.rep-am.com/news/doc4aace56922028508391620.txt

Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:30 AM EDT

FBI, state police search Hartford landfill for missing Yale student

HARTFORD -- Federal authorities and state police canine teams are searching a landfill in Hartford this morning for missing Yale graduate student Annie Le, who hasn't been seen since Tuesday.

State police canine units from across Connecticut and the FBI are combing through the landfill after receiving information that Le may have been buried there.

Le, 24, is a Yale Medical School student who was last seen on video entering a research building on Amistad Street in the Yale Medical School complex on Tuesday. She was supposed to be married today on Long Island, but the wedding has been called off.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »

Annie Marie Le is Missing: Body Found is Unsubstantiated Rumor
Started by the New Haven Register, who is right there in New Haven right on the seen
 Hmmmm seems like a cover up to me.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/new_haven/doc4aabf19f66a5b662461713.txt

MISSING STUDENT: CRIME SCENE FOUND IN BUILDING
Saturday, September 12, 2009

By William Kaempffer, Register Staff

NEW HAVEN — Bloody clothes and other evidence of a crime scene have been found inside the building where missing Yale University student Annie Le was last seen, police sources said Saturday.

The discovery may dash hopes that Le, whose wedding Sunday has been called off, would be found alive.

Police sources said the evidence was discovered in a ceiling at the Yale building at 10 Amistad St. where surveillance footage shows Le entering Tuesday morning. She has not been seen since. The building houses the university’s molecular biology labs.

Police, using bloodhounds, have been searching the building since earlier this week.

Yale Friday offered a $10,000 reward for information, as family and friends remained in limbo about her whereabouts. Le, 24, is a doctoral candidate in pharmacology and molecular medicine.

A team of about 100 law enforcement agents from Yale University, the FBI, state police and New Haven officers, have been working on the case around the clock, according to Yale spokesman Tom Conroy.

As part of that, the FBI went to Yale-New Haven Hospital Friday night to review its security camera videos, according to sources.

Yale officials said Le’s fiance, Columbia University graduate student Jonathan Widawsky, 24, has been cooperating, as have Le’s friends and colleagues at Yale, and her family. officials said said there is no reason to consider Widawsky a person of interest in the case. The Yale official said police had also not uncovered any threats or problems involving Le’s family.

Yale officials said a check of Le’s computer and cell phone failed to turn up anything to explain her disappearance. Le left her purse, money, credit cards and cell phone at her office at 333 Cedar St. before walking three blocks to 10 Amistad St.

On Saturday, Yale officials said media reports of one of Le’s professors being questioned in the case is misleading, since anyone she has contact with has been questioned.

Anyone with information on Le is asked to call the FBI hotline at (877) 503-1950, which is answered 24 hours a day. The FBI has also put out the message about Le on electronic billboards on Interstates 91 and 95.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 10:45:28 AM »

Thanks for all the updates, and I also believe this is a cover up.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartford_cty/news_wtnh_hartford_search_at_hartford_trash_facility_2009091301118

Search at Hartford trash facility
Updated: Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 11:25 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 13 Sep 2009, 11:20 AM EDT

Hartford (WTNH) - Connecticut state troopers and people dressed in hazardous materials suits are at a Hartford trash facility, but it's unclear what they are searching for.

The activity is going on at the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority facility along Maxim Road near Brainard Airport.

State police spokesman Lt. J Paul Vance would comment on any activity when contacted by News Channel 8 Sunday.

There was no visible indication police are searching the landfill in the North Meadows section of the city.

Lt. Vance would not comment on any connection to any other investigation going on in the state.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.