March 29, 2024, 09:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 275750 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #860 on: September 17, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »

Thank you Klaas, and everyone for the updates.

I'm so relieved this guy is finally in custody.

He's on 3 million $ bail.  Would the full amount have to be paid for his release or just a percentage?
What is known of Clark's parents?  Are they people of means?

Poor little Annie...it sounds as though she walked right into a trap.

10% will bond him out but I'm hoping not even his family will consider it.
I'm very curious if his family is wealthy, if they are, 10% of 3 million wouldn't be that much, I sure hope they don't have money 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »

Foxnews Rick Leventhal just reported that possible evidence is bloody clothes, swipe cards & video surveillance but police have not confirmed what the evidence is (sealed)

I'm inclined to think they have DNA under her finger nails or other area.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: September 17, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.  I'm so glad they made an arrest!  I still have to go back & catch up on the posts from last night.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T6E612rJm_0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/T6E612rJm_0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: September 17, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »

He's on 3 million $ bail.  Would the full amount have to be paid for his release or just a percentage?

I'm very curious if his family is wealthy, if they are, 10% of 3 million wouldn't be that much, I sure hope they don't have money 

$300,000 - Rick Leventhal said he was being transferred, to be arraigned & then there will be a bond hearing.    i.e. Casey's case when she was initially arrested it was reported that bail was revoked, ordered "Baker act" psy eval (which is sealed) & they put a restriction on her that she could not be around children under 17 - then she had the bond hearing (if memory serves 7/22) when bail was set at half a mil (50k required).   In his case, IMO bond will be revoked.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »

http://www.fox61.com/news/hc-raymond-clark-arrest-annie-le-yale,0,4625849.story                  In this article there is a picture of him with LE, he sure does look to have reddish brown hair, wonder if Clark is the man who held the door open for the woman that day?
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cKovYaq5vqc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cKovYaq5vqc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: September 17, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »

I'm wondering how long Clark was seething with anger about Annie, this probably was going on for sometime in his head, with the proper protocol with the mice. What's really scary is this could happen to any of us, who knows about a neighbor or a coworker that has some obsession whether it is real or not and it builds up, and then you have a horrible tragedy. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: September 17, 2009, 10:22:48 AM »

they would be insane to bail him out IMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: September 17, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »

Press conference of arrest at this link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5317176n&tag=related;photovideo

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »

http://www.fox61.com/news/hc-raymond-clark-arrest-annie-le-yale,0,4625849.story                  In this article there is a picture of him with LE, he sure does look to have reddish brown hair, wonder if Clark is the man who held the door open for the woman that day?

nrcg...thanks for the picture.  Hopefully someone smarter than me can dig up his driver's license...it might tell hair color...it does look lighter here than in other photos I have seen.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: September 17, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »

nrcg...thanks for the picture.  Hopefully someone smarter than me can dig up his driver's license...it might tell hair color...it does look lighter here than in other photos I have seen.
It does, that is why I'm curious about the woman that day and what she said, it could have been him holding the door open for her. I wouldn't know how to dig up a drivers license, I'm lucky I can do what I'm doing on here 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: September 17, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/17/earlyshow/main5317185.shtml

Med Student Worked "About 5 Feet" From Him; Says He Seemed Normal; At Time, Cops Say, Annie Le's Body Was Stashed Behind Wall

(CBS)  Even after Yale graduate student Annie Le disappeared last week, the laboratory where she was last seen remained open, and people were working even while her body was, police say, secreted behind a basement wall in the building.

Police have arrested lab technician Raymond Clark III in Le's murder.

CBS News Correspondent Randall Pinkston spoke to a medical student who, like Le, worked alongside Clark. She requested that CBS News obscure her face and voice.

Friday night, three days after Le vanished, and before her body was found, the woman says she was in the basement, about five feet from him for roughly three minutes.

"He appeared very relaxed, very normal," the woman told Pinkston. "I didn't sense any anything different in his behavior from what I'd observed previously."

Only essential personnel could access the basement lab, by swiping key cards at multiple access points, Pinkston points out. The area was highly secured. And researchers typically worked alone.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: September 17, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »

Med Student Worked "About 5 Feet" From Him; Says He Seemed Normal; At Time, Cops Say, Annie Le's Body Was Stashed Behind Wall

(CBS)  Even after Yale graduate student Annie Le disappeared last week, the laboratory where she was last seen remained open, and people were working even while her body was, police say, secreted behind a basement wall in the building.

CBS News Correspondent Randall Pinkston spoke to a medical student who, like Le, worked alongside Clark. She requested that CBS News obscure her face and voice.

Friday night, three days after Le vanished, and before her body was found, the woman says she was in the basement, about five feet from him for roughly three minutes.

"He appeared very relaxed, very normal," the woman told Pinkston. "I didn't sense any anything different in his behavior from what I'd observed previously."

Only essential personnel could access the basement lab, by swiping key cards at multiple access points, Pinkston points out. The area was highly secured. And researchers typically worked alone.

Wow, can you imagine what is all going through her head right now?   
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:01 AM »

Wow, can you imagine what is all going through her head right now?   

I can't even imagine!  I would be mortified.  I thought I also heard or read that he was on a softball team & played with the team over the weekend.  (But my memory is on overload)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/17/levin-addresses-arrest-campuswide-e-mail/

Thursday, September 17, 2009  8:47 a.m.
Levin addresses arrest in campuswide e-mail
BY THE YALE DAILY NEWS

Within minutes of this morning's press conference ending, University President Richard Levin sent out a campuswide e-mail with a statement on Raymond Clark III's arrest.

In the e-mail, Levin said "nothing in the history of [Clark's] employment at the University gave an indication that his involvement in such a crime might be possible." Clark, an animal lab technician, has worked at Yale since Dec. 2004.

Levin said Clark has been "suspended from employment" and barred from campus. The full text of his e-mail has been reproduced below:

To the Yale Community:

The New Haven Chief of Police has just announced that Raymond Clark has been arrested in connection with the death of Annie Le. We are relieved and encouraged by this progress in the investigation, but, of course, we must resist the temptation to rush to judgment until a full and fair prosecution of this case brings a just resolution. As with every development in this tragic story, we think first of Annie’s family, her fiancé and his family, and her friends, and our hearts go out to them.

Mr. Clark has been a lab technician at Yale since December 2004. His supervisor reports that nothing in the history of his employment at the University gave an indication that his involvement in such a crime might be possible.

It is frightening that a member of our own community might have committed this terrible crime. But we must not let this incident shatter our trust in one another. We must reaffirm our deepest values as an institution – our commitment to the search for truth, undertaken in a spirit of openness, tolerance, and civility. The work of the University requires us to engage with each other in the classroom, to collaborate in the laboratory, and to trust one another in workplaces across the campus. In many, even most respects, this University is a model of citizenship and civility. It will take the efforts of everyone to maintain that standard.

In the days and weeks ahead, we will redouble our efforts to educate the community about Yale’s zero tolerance policy for violent, threatening, and abusive behavior. We have formal policies in place covering employees and students, and effective grievance procedures to bring forth complaints.

This incident could have happened in any city, in any university, or in any workplace. It says more about the dark side of the human soul than it does about the extent of security measures. Nevertheless, safety is a very high priority, and we will shortly be soliciting suggestions from the community about how we might further improve campus security.

We are all deeply indebted to the men and women of the FBI, Connecticut State Police, New Haven Police, Yale Police, and Yale Security. They have worked tirelessly and cooperatively since Annie’s disappearance last Tuesday. Yale will continue to provide all needed assistance to the State’s Attorney as the case proceeds. As is our practice when an employee is charged with a serious crime, Mr. Clark is being suspended from employment at Yale and barred from the campus. His ID card no longer allows him access to any Yale building.

We are a close community with deeply shared values. Monday night’s candlelight vigil gave moving testimony to the caring and compassion of this place. Let us continue to offer comfort and consolation to Annie’s family and friends, and let us honor her memory by rededicating ourselves to the search for truth to which she herself was so deeply devoted.

Richard C. Levin
    President

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: September 17, 2009, 10:47:27 AM »

I read that also that he played softball over the weekend.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

Yale: No previous signs lab tech was violent

(AP) – 52 minutes ago

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — The president of Yale University says the employment history of a lab technician arrested in the killing of a graduate student gives no clue he was capable of such a crime.

Richard Levin sent a message to the Yale community Thursday shortly after the arrest of Raymond Clark III, who worked in the same building where 24-year-old Annie Le's body was found stuffed in a wall Sunday.

Levin says Clark has been a lab technician since December 2004.

Levin says the university doesn't tolerate violence, and will be soliciting suggestions about possible security improvements.

He says Le's killing says more about the dark side of the human soul than it does about security measures.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ge-FcFr5zvlj79nShMHMiDrdafiQD9AP3VM81

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »

I read that also that he played softball over the weekend.

TY NoRose.  I'm glad you read it too!  I can't rely on my memory.   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cKovYaq5vqc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cKovYaq5vqc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

thanks cece

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: September 17, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »

It does, that is why I'm curious about the woman that day and what she said, it could have been him holding the door open for her. I wouldn't know how to dig up a drivers license, I'm lucky I can do what I'm doing on here 

Hoe we will hear more about this woman!

Monkey Devil! I am schooching over for you to make room on my limb

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.