March 28, 2024, 11:23:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/8 Annie Marie Le missing from Yale University (BODY FOUND)  (Read 275712 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #940 on: September 17, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »

Wherever Clark did this to Annie at, was the room soundproof, surely Annie screamed, unless he put something over her mouth to prevent that 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: September 17, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

Looks like he will be represented by public defenders.  The other attorney pulled out. 

The guest on the show guessed it was because of money.

(This all according to HLN)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #942 on: September 17, 2009, 05:55:20 PM »

Looks like he will be represented by public defenders.  The other attorney pulled out. 

Thanks, that answered my question about whether his parents had money or not, guess they don't.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »

Thanks, that answered my question about whether his parents had money or not, guess they don't.

Oh I wonder how long it is going to take for some publicity hound scum sucking high profile defense atty steps up to the plate pro bono?  Maybe Andrea Big Britches will step up if the state goes for the well deserved DP.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: September 17, 2009, 06:44:16 PM »

They will be able to pull ALL of his emails, home and work. That should shed some light. 
So, this person figured that the lab was HIS territory ?
Officious, a control freak and flashes of anger. And his supervisor didn't see a problem ? Didn't we have a report that one of the students contacted Ray's supervisor ?
Where I work, we have a couple or three of these "types." Some grow up to be the boss and bully their employees. Nothing / No one is ever up to their exacting standards.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:55 PM »

I think the fact his family and girlfriend have remained silent to the media speaks volumes.  I also think that his father being in the motel with him, knowing they were waiting his arrest also speaks volumes. That kept him from committing suicide and helped his son through the night to wait for the truth that was coming. 

I think any of us with a son under these conditions would have done the same..knowing he was going to be arrested waited it out with him..but not covering for him.  Only wish the Anthony's and so many other perps families would have taken a note off of that page.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2009, 09:40:58 PM »

I'm not completely buying the theory that this was  "work related" crime inandofitself, there are a few personal components such as his contact via phone and/or email contact with her & how he murdered her which was full of rage & the timing of her wedding cant be ignored.   When did he join this group being reported that deals with Asian awareness?   Man, I'd love to see this guys psy eval, I hope we get to see some of the evidence - it sounds like they have a slam dunk & its overwhelming.

As a secondary note, maybe universities need to visit the thought that labs & other areas should not be accessible to students without staff supervision.   As a college student parent, over and over again so many possible risks are scary to consider our children are exposed to, awareness & precaution should be paramount at all times from home, at school, extra curricular activity facilities or work places.    We often cannot predict the conduct of another, but we all can take steps to reduce risk.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

I think the fact his family and girlfriend have remained silent to the media speaks volumes.  I also think that his father being in the motel with him, knowing they were waiting his arrest also speaks volumes. That kept him from committing suicide and helped his son through the night to wait for the truth that was coming. 

I think any of us with a son under these conditions would have done the same..knowing he was going to be arrested waited it out with him..but not covering for him.  Only wish the Anthony's and so many other perps families would have taken a note off of that page.

O my goodness Gypsy, truer words never spoken!    Totally agree, you can be supportive of a loved one in hardship & in the face of wrongdoing without condoning what they did nor attempting to conceal what they've done.   Absoflippinlutely!

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »

I'm not completely buying the theory that this was  "work related" crime inandofitself, there are a few personal components such as his contact via phone and/or email contact with her & how he murdered her which was full of rage & the timing of her wedding cant be ignored.   When did he join this group being reported that deals with Asian awareness?   Man, I'd love to see this guys psy eval, I hope we get to see some of the evidence - it sounds like they have a slam dunk & its overwhelming.

As a secondary note, maybe universities need to visit the thought that labs & other areas should not be accessible to students without staff supervision.   As a college student parent, over and over again so many possible risks are scary to consider our children are exposed to, awareness & precaution should be paramount at all times from home, at school, extra curricular activity facilities or work places.    We often cannot predict the conduct of another, but we all can take steps to reduce risk.

Capp...they said he joined the Asian awareness group when he was in high school. I think it had been some 6 or 7 years prior.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: September 17, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

It was also probably the last visit they are going to have with him as a family.
All of the families have been silent.
I don't know if Ray even knew Annie. Well enough to know she was getting married or know too much about her.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

Capp...they said he joined the Asian awareness group when he was in high school. I think it had been some 6 or 7 years prior.

Tks for the info AZ,much appreciated

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »

They just said on my news (I think it was Fox) that there may be a 2nd arrest in the Yale murder case    Then my husband changed the channel.

I'm looking to see if I can find anything anywhere else.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »

They just said on my news (I think it was Fox) that there may be a 2nd arrest in the Yale murder case    Then my husband changed the channel.

I'm looking to see if I can find anything anywhere else.

Thanks Klaas...will look around.  I haven't heard anything 'new' about the case.  Let us know.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »

Second arrest ? They said he was the only POI. Unless the gf or the sister helped him afterwards.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 18, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »

Second arrest ? They said he was the only POI. Unless the gf or the sister helped him afterwards.

I heard it on the news but can't find anything to that affect in any of the New Haven websites.  Likely an erroneous report.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: September 18, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »

I heard it on the news but can't find anything to that affect in any of the New Haven websites.  Likely an erroneous report.
It could be that he was taken into custody the first time for a body warrant, DNA. And then the arrest this am was the second. Those news shows really try to sex thing up  ( like the weapons of mass destruction ) to get our attention so that your husband can't flip the channel unless he likes to live dangerously. Goodnight all. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: September 18, 2009, 06:26:01 AM »

Lab tech may have had help hiding body

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/lab_tech_may_have_had_help_hiding_1bFmFbU8llQLrFlxZcJojI

By JEANE MacINTOSH in Cromwell, Conn., PERRY CHIARAMONTE in New Haven and DAN MANGAN in NY
Last Updated: 6:09 AM, September 18, 2009
Posted: 3:51 AM, September 18, 2009

The Yale lab technician busted yesterday in the murder of brilliant grad student Annie Le may have had help hiding her body -- and there could be another arrest, it was reported last night.

Cops are interrogating another employee who works in the lab where Raymond Clark allegedly killed Le, sources told Hartford TV station WTIC/Fox61.

It was not known who that employee might be.

Clark's fiancée, sister and brother-in-law all work at the lab.

The bombshell report came after Clark, 24, was arrested yesterday, hours after a State Police lab confirmed that DNA samples taken from him matched evidence found at the Amistad facility.

Le's corpse was found stuffed into a wall at the research center on Sunday -- the day she had been scheduled to be married on Long Island.

Evidence found in the ceiling and the space where her body had been hidden contained both Le's and Clark's DNA -- and that was the final piece of the puzzle that led to Clark's arrest, according to the Hartford Courant.

The lab tech also aroused suspicion by trying to hide cleaning equipment, which authorities later found contained blood spatters, according to the paper.

More blood and a bead from Le's necklace were found in another area of the lab, indicating she struggled with Clark, the Courant added.

Records taken from his swipe card show Clark left the building several times and went to rooms in the lab where he had no reason to be, the paper said.

Meanwhile, authorities indicated yesterday that Le's death may have been a deadly case of "work rage."

Clark was described by co-workers as a "control freak."

And ABC News reported that early on Sept. 8, the day Le disappeared, Clark sent her a text message asking to meet with her to discuss the cleanliness of mice cages.

Clark's obsession with controlling things at Yale's Amistad animal research center in New Haven may have set the stage for the awful crime, authorities said.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis said there was no evidence of a romantic connection between Clark and Le.

The arrest went down yesterday morning as cops moved in on a Cromwell, Conn., motel room, which had been under constant police surveillance.

"Mr. Clark?" said a cop as he banged on the door.

Minutes later, the door swung open, and a group of FBI agents, State Police and New Haven cops went in, and others waited in the hallway as Clark was handcuffed.

They then hustled him downstairs.

Clark didn't say a word as he was placed in a car and driven off. Onlookers burst into applause.

Hours later, a stunned-looking and shackled Clark was ordered held in lieu of $3 million bail when a judge shot down his public-defender lawyer's effort to reduce bail to $1 million.

Clark is being held in a maximum-security prison awaiting an Oct. 6 court date.

Le, 24, who was seeking double Ph.D. and MD degrees, had been due to wed Columbia University grad student Jonathan Widawsky five days later.

Widawsky's and Le's families said in a statement, "Annie will live in our hearts forever."

Additional reporting by Rebecca Rosenberg and Ed Robinson

jeane.macintosh@nypost.com

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »

DNA shows Annie Le's blood on Yale lab tech Raymond Clark boots; green pen clue eyed: investigators
Michael Daly

Friday, September 18th 2009, 5:19 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/18/2009-09-18_murder_ink_a_pen_may_put_creep_in_prison_for_keeps.html#ixzz0RSA7TPNG

The case against Raymond Clark is as solid as the jailhouse walls that hold him.

Investigators say this is the evidence that will keep him behind bars - quite possibly for the rest of his life:

DNA tests proving Annie Le's blood is on Clark's boots, which have his name on them.

Tests identifying his DNA on her body and clothing.

More tests identifying her DNA and hair on him and his clothing.

Just one of those matches would be enough to make the case.

And then there is the green pen.

Clark did not want to be just some guy who cleans mouse cages, so he distinguished himself by always signing in for work with a pen that used green ink. Every day, including the day of the killing.

Investigators believe he dropped the pen at the scene and was unable to retrieve it after it fell into a crevice.

He apparently hoped to fish it out when he showed up at the lab the day after the killing with a backpack containing wire, fishing hooks and bubble gum.

Even more damning than the pen is his swipe card, which indicates he spent nearly an hour in the room with Le's body after the murder. One can only imagine what was going through his mind.

The swipe card records then show him suddenly moving from room to room, as if he were searching for a place to hide a body.

The records have him returning to the room and finally heading toward the utilities conduit where the body was later found.

The medical evidence tells investigators Le was first hit and then strangled, as if a sudden loss of temper was followed by an explosion of rage.

The investigators have no doubt who did it - and how.

The only question is why.

Here they can only theorize.

They note the e-mail exchange in which Clark objected to Le being lax with protocols for tending lab mice. Le responded in a conciliatory tone, which fits what investigators have learned about her.

What would not fit would be for her to have been any less conciliatory in person when she encountered Clark at the lab the day of the killing.

Investigators speculate that he criticized her for some additional lapse in protocol. His concern was likely less the animals' welfare than his need to be in charge, if only when it came to mice.

Everything everybody knows about Le suggests she would not seek to put him in his place or somehow demean him.

More likely, she was simply distracted. Her wedding was just five days away. Her mind was no doubt filled with thoughts about her hair, her dress, the guest list. And she was trying to get all her pressing lab work done.

Investigators believe she may have responded to Clark with something like, "Yeah, I'll get to it, thanks. I'm busy now."

A guy such as Clark could have mistaken distracted for dismissive.

And what he took for dismissive may have been harder for him to take from a young, smart, diminutive woman.

A surveillance camera captured Clark leaving the building following a fire alarm that he may have set off to give himself an excuse for leaving in the middle of a workday.

The footage is said to show him holding his head in his hands, clearly distraught.

After Le went missing, Clark was interviewed. He denied seeing her the day of the killing, not figuring he was depriving himself of later cooking up a story about how his DNA got on her and her DNA got on him.

He was also given a polygraph test. The machine went off the chart when he was asked, "Do you know where she is now?"

That's when Clark asked for a lawyer.

The investigators could no longer question him and they may never learn exactly why Le was killed.

Unfortunately for Clark, this is real life, not a TV cop show. Investigators do not necessarily need to establish a motive.

The evidence leaves them with not a shadow of a doubt as to who did it.

If Clark thinks he can beat this case, he might as well beat his head against those jailhouse walls.

mdaly@nydailynews.com
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: September 18, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »

Thank you San.  These reports hold a lot of new information.  It seems to me they had him at the get go. 
A green pen = the one he used to distinguish himself - is now part of the mountains of evidence they have against him.  He knew it and tried to go "fishing" for it.
He was alone with Annie for an hour after she was murdered.   
The possibility of another suspect. . .

I wish I had a visual of how many people were working in that building while all this was going on and during Clark's trips back.  Have only read one report where an employee was in a room with him for about three minutes.

R. I. P. Annie.  Bright shining star that you were.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: September 18, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »

Thanks for the updates.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.