April 23, 2024, 04:47:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthcare Reform + Immigration Reform = 50 million new voters?  (Read 2310 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

So, the bottom line is this: Obama intends to enact health-care reform legislation that expressly prohibits giving federal health insurance benefits to illegal aliens. He then intends to enact “comprehensive immigration reform” that will make illegal aliens into legal residents of the United States thus making them eligible for the new federal health insurance benefits created by his health-care reform bill.

Illegal immigrants won’t get federal health insurance benefits under Obama’s plan because they won’t be illegal immigrants anymore, they will be legal immigrants.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/53814

Will immigration reform / amnesty be a one time event?  An overnight addition of 10 million new voters?

I'm inclined to believe the REAL number of illegals already here is closer to 50 million.

I've listened for years to news reports about millions of pieces of data that float in cyber space in the nations credit reporting database...

Will the immigration reform leave the doors permanently open for millions more to come year after year?

No end in sight?  All to poor to pay taxes and poor enough to receive all the welfare benefits and tax credits?

Who's paying the bill?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »

"While expanding benefits for illegal aliens, this administration is simultaneously dismantling immigration enforcement and systematically laying the groundwork for yet another massive amnesty bill," said Bob Dane, Communications Director of FAIR and Event Manager of Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2009.  "Powerful special interests are lobbying to stop immigration enforcement, pass mass amnesty legislation, and import more foreign guest workers with no regard to the plight of the American worker or our national security.  Radio talk hosts representing millions of Americans will speak on their behalf, and their collective voice is a voice that roars."   

Founded in 1979, FAIR is the country's largest immigration reform group.  With over 250,000 members nationwide, FAIR fights for immigration policies that serve national interests, not special interests.  Hold Their Feet to the Fire is an annual immigration media event and is a joint production of FAIR and participating radio and television stations.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS248132+08-Sep-2009+PRN20090908

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:54:34 AM »

Infinite diversity in infinite combination...

Is there something wrong with legal immigration?  Setting out the welcome mat for those that respect our laws and come here legally?

I keep wondering how many GITMO detainees the Obama administration plans to have on the path to citizenship next year.

Should people fear those that are different from themselves?  Absolutely. 

Not everyone is going to like you.  Not everyone wants you to be successful or to prosper.  Some people just hate you. 

How many crimes would never happen if there was less opportunity?  If criminals were held accountable?  Bank of America comes to mind.  Bank (taxpayers) get to pay a fine and no one goes to jail.  Taxpayers are out BILLIONS.

Idealogues and martyrs seem to have alot in common.  They don't worry about re-election, or being popular.

Do they have the capacity to imagine the future after their destruction?  What does the US look like after the currency collapses?  Retirement savings gone in the wink of an eye.  If the loss last year was bad, what will it be when your money is worthless?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »

I was listening to the radio over the past four days.  Don't remember the show, but someone asked, "Does Obama know the law?"

From memory, apparently, there was a ruling in a California court about illegal aliens and public benefits.  The ruling, iirc, stated that public programs could not differentiate between people based on their immigration/citizenship status.  Thus, all illegal aliens are eligible for public benefits.  The appeals court refused to take the case.

So, for the U.S. any new or existing public/welfare benefit must be accessible by illegal aliens, legal aliens, all folks in the community. my paraphrase.

Is this true?

It seems like there are two classes of the citizens, the 'haves' and the 'have nots'.

The 'haves' are the ones here illegally.  They seem to get all the benefits and none of the responsibilities like taxes.  Wouldn't it be nice if no one in America had to pay taxes?  Who wouldn't want to keep all those deductions?  Free money?  Plus, welfare, in all it's many expanding forms?

The 'haves' get free healthcare in the ER.  Will they be getting the public plan free too?

Who's looking out for Americans?  No jobs for Americans.  No money.  Everything going to taxes, fraud, waste, abuse, and politicians.  Nothing for Americans and those here legally.

It's a simple math problem.  If there are 10 people supporting 20 families, how much is left over for the 10 working folks?  What happens when those 9 folks (one dropped dead from overwork) have to support 30 families?   How much is left over for the workers?  What happens when 8 workers have to support 100 families?  The workers (citizens and those here legally) are the 'have nots'.

Why isn't our government doing ANYTHING to close the borders?  Discourage folks from coming and helping those already here return to their countries of origin? 

Do the President and his advisors know the law? 

Why hasn't government been working FOR the American people?  Why does it seem like government works for special interest groups, big global corporations, and illegal aliens? 

The 'have nots' have lost their freedom.  They are in bondage to debt, being held hostage by government, and illegal aliens are the anchor that will prevent them from finding prosperity.

jmho

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »

WhiskeyGirl....

I love reading some of your posts.  Quite frankly some are more than I care to trouble my "old" gray cells with these days.  I know I should not be apathetic, but I have seen so much over my years.  Some of these predictions are more like the doomsday edicts.  I do become concerned about both legal and illegal immigration here in Wisconsin.  As you know we have our fair share and they have been arriving in greater numbers since the mid 50's.  Certain sections of this state have taken a tremendous hit when it comes to handing out "free assistance" due to sudden arrivals.  This concerns me greatly and has since I first began voting in the late 50's.  It has not made much difference which party is in the majority.  Each has caused considerable damage with their "special interest" projects.

I am greatly concerned about the misuse of funds provided by those programs.  I am in a position to observe the misuse and waste that takes place.  I am in no way in position to do a anything about it.  I can vote, but it doesn't seem to do much good.  Our choices over my decades have not been great either on the National or certainly local level.

While there are many, the greatest waste and damage to the average and below average income earner seems to come from lending regulations.  There once was a time when only North Dakota and I believe Maryland did not cap the amount of interest that could be charged on a loan.  Here in Wisconsin that was an APR of 18%.  Now it is unlimited.  As a volunteer in many areas, one which I serve is those who have gone too far in debt.  True they made some unwise decisions.  However, the system is structured so that they can really not recover from a mistake.  I have seen interest rates as high as 359% APR.  We need to return some common sense into our way of life.

As to the health care plans, I do follow them.  I am affected greatly by those decisions whether they come from a Republican proposal or one from the Democrats.  Each has made it difficult.  When I retired in '97 I thought I had a good handle on my future.  Deregulation of the early 2000's has affected me greatly.  I will make it because I know a bit about common sense and planning.  Many are not making it.  Health care is a major issue.  Ask anyone who has to weed through Part D every October/November.  There are at least 52 companies out there each offering sometimes as many as 6-7 different programs to cover medications.  Matching your personal medications to each company's program is a major endeavor.  I am aware of those who still have no idea what Part D is.  Those that do are not real wise and don't realize that each year a company changes it regulations and premiums to make up for the previous years losses that occurred because they were attempting to establish a base of subscribers.  The company is allowed to automatically renew your participation and you have a limited time to change or you are stuck for the next calendar year.

Those in Part D are at a tremendous disadvantage because if they need a new medication for a new condition they better hope it is covered.  In many instances it may not be and they will have to wait 10--12 months to sign up for a program that will cover the cost.  Many do without at the risk of their health.

We have all become victims of the lobbyists.  I applaud your due diligence in ferreting out all the nuances in the many political issues.  It is more than most of us do.

I do not agree with all since each source has its own slant on how issues will be affected.  It is why I read many opinions from all sources.  I make up my own mind, but I view all posts as not being a point of argument but just one of information to be digested.

Thank you.....

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »

GreatOwl,

I used to keep my braincells to myself and stressfree.  However, I remember over the years pooh-poohing those that were sounding warnings about future disaster.  "The country is full, too many illegals, the stock market will crash, mortgage/banking disaster in the making..."  They were right about many of these predictions.  Today, I have been taking a closer look.

I don't think we're out of the woods. 

How can there be healthcare reform without tort reform?  Why isn't there be a separate plan for those that are will to accept the risks that come along with healthcare?  A separate rate pool? 

If the government is reporting 'quality' of providers, it should be an easy thing to ensure that you're choosing a quality provider and accept 'caps' on the risk that you may be harmed or the victim of a medical mistake or mishap.

How much lower will those premiums be?  How much more will the uncapped premiums be?   I believe here is a lot of state data out there that shows how valuable tort reform can be when it comes to keeping healthcare inflation in check. 

~~~~

When in the Obama plan does it contain/check/control healthcare inflation due to hospital, outpatient, and other non-doctor costs?   It seems to me (based on my reading), some of those hospitals, large hosptial/provider systems are owned by big companies and have a monopoly in many local markets.  Anyone wonder how much these large provider networks pay their executives/board/bonuses?  Anyone in Congress or the White House ask?  Anyone ask about how much they make in profits?

What about the unions?  Unions have  been organizing more and more hospital employees.  Are hospitals/systems/related providers the next GM and Chrysler?  Taxpayers/rate payers will continue to support all these unions?  No free market? 

How long does national healthcare guarantee they have jobs?  How long before the national debt completely sucks the life out of this nation?

How much do union contracts add to healthcare inflation?  Hmmm...cutting doctor reimbursements...no reform for hosptials and other non-doctor providers...

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

But the interesting part of his research is that other than the Latin portion of this immigration is largely  legal in nature and adapting into our culture at a faster rate than a century ago.  It is the illegally established population that continues to hide in the shadows and refuse to obtain legal status.

The professor goes on to say, “It is therefore not surprising to learn that immigrants from Mexico and nearby countries naturalize at a lower rate.”  It is easy to forget that most foreign-born individuals living in this country come from countries other than Mexico!

Within that policy, hard thinking concerning the right for infants born here of illegal immigrants should be studied.  Its very nature has enabled millions of illegal aliens a quick and undeserving path to legal status and caused millions to simply “flop” over the border to give birth.

Professor Vigdor continues that “.. a comprehensive immigration policy must consider not only who’s allowed into the country, but also what we’d like them to do once they’re here”.

The United States is the number one country in the world of which the rest of humanity striving for a new life prefers to come.

It is high time we realize what these potential immigrants already know better than we as a nation do!   If we don’t begin to think more selectively about our new citizens, we will become the nation many yearn to depart.

That thought should be unthinkable to every American citizen.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11780-Bay-Area-Moderate-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m10d9-Immigration-reform-The-coming-storm

How much more can working Americans be taxed?  Why shouldn't the goal be to allow hard working Americans to keep as much of their sweat and blood as possible?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.