March 29, 2024, 07:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beck Street  (Read 15700 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:16 AM »

Is Kara referring to the scent detected on 16th Street search or ... the scent detected near Lindsey Baums home?

Janet

______

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

When Lindsey left my house she headed down maple street - my daughter watched her until the neighbors trees got in the way that would have been before she hit the corner of 7th and Maple. Either route she took either straight home or up 6th she would have had to walk down Maple street a ways.

Originally I was told that they picked up Lindsey's scent on the corner of 6th and Maple (near Beehive retirement center) and it went up 6th street (so to me that is a right onto 6th street) I was even told another location nearer to her house where they picked up her scent as well. They are no longer saying this and are now saying the dogs never picked up a scent (that's impossible isn't it????) So I am confused and not sure now what the real story is.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342#msg864342

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864394#msg864394

I think she means the scent on Beck street as that is closer to Lindsey's house.

I was one with DD's contention that the 6th Street route was where Harry Oakes's dogs detected a scent.  However ... when I read Kara's posts again (see above) ... and consider the revelation of Harry Oakes' words ... I think you are right and ... it is Beck Street that is being referenced.

Janet

+++++

I am starting this thread to research who lives on 6th street in Mccleary.  Who are they connected to who might be sex offenders etc. 

Kara states early on the dogs were suppose to have hit on scent going up the hill on 6th.  Lindsey's mother has now suppose to be hiring another dog handler who states the dogs also alerted to scent about the same place. 

Yes,Lindsey could have still went down 6th street but she would have had to make a left on 6th(not a right like KaraK stated)to get down to Simpson street then take Simpson down to Beck street.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »

IF there was no confidentiality agreement and Ken Oakes did not receive any monies from Melissa Baum ... I assume the search could be considered a private search conducted by a professional.

Considering 2 1/2 months have passed since Ken Oakes submitted his July 2, 2009  report to the McCleary LE regarding his June 28, 2009 canine search and nothing has been forthcoming ... maybe this is behind the decision to release the revelation that his dog/s detected a death scent on Beck Street.  It must be remembered that Mr. Oakes made it clear that a death scent implies the presence of a body but ... not necessarily the body of Lindsey Baum.

Think about the Caylee Marie Anthony case.  Tim Miller gave updates on the talk show circuit following each search ... updates informing all who would listen regarding locations that would being focused on prior to the discovery of the little girl's remains.

Janet

+++++

http://www.k9sardog.com/searches.html

07-02-09 Re: 06-28-09 5963-323(B). Missing child. Gray’s Harbor Co. Wa. Lindsey Baum McCleary, Wa. Age 10. Sent my search report to FBI and McCleary City PD.

I wanted to post this post before it disappeared from IS forum.

A post from Lindsey's Mom,Melissa in response to her having Michelle Bart(gag) from Helping Hero's helping her out with the search for Lindsey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LindseysMom:

I am Lindsey Baum's mother, I have not and will not be a regular poster to these blogs; however I would like to dispel a few rumors here on this thread:
You heard that nontaxable forms were being filled out for what reason?? and which circus are you implying?

For starters no one is paying Michelle Bart for ANY services at all in regards to my daughter Lindsey Baum, nor am I making any money from the media or anyone else. Michelle Bart has not asked for any money ever from me or even discussed "costs". She did come up this past weekend to volunteer for a search which I appreciate. She did not fly in, she lives local and drove out to McCleary only to help search! I have not signed any paperwork as was stated on this forum..

I have not and will not refuse any services that may assist in finding my daughter. This includes other national search organizations!

I don't personally believe that this is something to be looked down upon nor something that should be getting so blown out of proportion. For some here I know the concern is based on a genuine concern for Me and my daughter but some have taken rumor and simply ran with it. I pray that rumor was not started simply out of spite for Michelle Bart or me because there is no room or need for that in the search for my daughter. Lindsey is and should be the focus right?

As far as posting information online>
Do you really think posting any findings whether its from someone who is a registered searcher or someone searching on their own should post their findings???
I would hope not! This would only harm the investigation, and it is my understanding that if someone does this and it is related to Lindsey's case or another case for that matter, they can be charged with impeding a Federal Investigation.

There are REASONS the searchers are instructed not to post or share information with ANYONE. There is a very good chance that the person who has my child could be reading these blogs. Has that not occurred to you?? By sharing information on here, it would be a big fat warning to that person/persons. Also, there is other cases still open that aren't related to Lindsey, such as Nancy Moyer, and others. So something found that isn't related to my daughter could be related to another case, and should be treated the same way.

I don't mean this to sound harsh, only to get across the importance of these searches and the confidentiality of their findings!

As to the post about why I am searching. I do not expect searchers to find my childs body, as I truely believe she is still alive. My goal in these searches is to find something that can lead us to finding her or her abductor.

I would like to thank everyone who has come out to help in these searches. You have no idea the gratitude I feel for you all!

The same goes for those who have donated, time, services, money, etc.
And for those of you who would like to but are unable for whatever reason, just keeping my daughter in your prayers means the world to me!

Thank you all!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=355444&page=41

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »

Think about the Caylee Marie Anthony case.  Tim Miller gave updates on the talk show circuit prior to and following each search ... updates informing all who would listen regarding "ping" locations that were being focused on prior to the discovery of the little girl's remains.  I cannot remember one objection to these updates.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »

It probably was me that you are refering to. I saw a last name that I was curious about but I know exactly who it is now and am no long suspicious of them anymore.

I had heared about one of the local Shelton mens bodies being found recently 2 1/2 miles out of shelton. It was sometime back in July. But I don't think that it fits the mile radius in which the dogs picked up the scent.

http://www.columbian.com/article/20090730/NEWS06/307309986/Missing+Shelton+man+found+dead

This is the news article.
Missing Shelton man found dead

Thursday, July 30 | 5:15 p.m.

The body of a Shelton man who was reported missing June 10 was found in a creek.

The Mason County coroner told The Olympian that 42-year-old David J. Curtis apparently drowned accidentally.

He had been camping near Mill Creek and sheriff's deputies repeatedly searched the area after he was reported missing by his family. Divers found the body Wednesday in about 4 feet of water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is so strange......Sheriffs deputies repeatedly searched the area yet didn't find him.....he was in 4 feet of water.I hope they didn't help GH search for Lindsey....repeatedly.

But they found him just a little over a month later. If they hadn't repeatedly searched the area, they would have never found him. Washington is full of vegetation, there is a chance that he was overshadowed by a low piece of tree branch or even underneath some of the water foliage.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »

Think about the Caylee Marie Anthony case.  Tim Miller gave updates on the talk show circuit prior to and following each search ... updates informing all who would listen regarding "ping" locations that were being focused on prior to the discovery of the little girl's remains.  I cannot remember one objection to these updates.

Janet

I think what Melissa was talking about, is leads regarding people they are investigating. As far as the ping locations, which I'm assuming is locations they are focusing/have focused the search on, they are basically still just searching the surrounding areas. There is a lot of country homes and property on the outskirts of town. There is also the Simpson Tree Farm just outside of town. It's basically a condensed town full of houses, surrounded by the great outdoors.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

Harry Oakes' words are confusing concerning Beck Street and the death scent.  I have read them over and over and over again attempting to make sense of them.

My understanding is that Mr. Oakes' was indicating that a deceased Lindsey was being transported on an ATV or a motor cycle on Beck.  I would assume the  search was conducted on foot when the dog/s are considered.

Harry Oakes does not mention anything about 1st Street in the email.  However ... I do speculate  that the route to Beck Street could have been 1st Street when you consider the location of the Baum residence.  Think about it.  Lindsey was thisclose to home when when she was observed the the witnesses.

The "or" tells me that Harry Oakes was uncertain to as to the type of vehicle.

IMO

Janet 

_____

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »

Harry Oakes' words are confusing concerning Beck Street and the death scent.  I have read them over and over and over again attempting to make sense of them.

My understanding is that Mr. Oakes' was indicating that a deceased Lindsey was being transported on an ATV or a motor cycle on Beck.  I would assume the  search was conducted on foot when the dog/s are considered.

Harry Oakes does not mention anything about 1st Street in the email.  However ... I do speculate  that the route to Beck Street could have been 1st Street when you consider the location of the Baum residence.  Think about it.  Lindsey was thisclose to home when when she was observed the the witnesses.

IMO

Janet 

From my understanding of what Harry Oakes wrote back is that the dog caught onto the scent of death of a human body. Not for sure Lindsey, but some dead body. He also said ATV road. There are a lot of roads in the area like that. ATV= All Terrain Vehicle. Which could mean a number of things, mostly 4 wheel drive vehicles. Could be a jeep or a 4-wheeler or a sports bike. He was just talking about the type of road it was. And even if it's a road named for 4-wheel drive, doesn't mean that it was a 4-wheel drive vehicle that went up that road.

There are missing people in the area besides Lindsey, so that dead body could be any of them.
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »

IMO

Janet 

From my understanding of what Harry Oakes wrote back is that the dog caught onto the scent of death of a human body. Not for sure Lindsey, but some dead body. He also said ATV road. There are a lot of roads in the area like that. ATV= All Terrain Vehicle. Which could mean a number of things, mostly 4 wheel drive vehicles. Could be a jeep or a 4-wheeler or a sports bike. He was just talking about the type of road it was. And even if it's a road named for 4-wheel drive, doesn't mean that it was a 4-wheel drive vehicle that went up that road.

There are missing people in the area besides Lindsey, so that dead body could be any of them.
I agree Jade, sure would like to think the LE gave that area of the death scent a serious search.  Thanks to Janet, I now believe the scent on the ATV was an open vehicle.  I am now leaning toward a pickup.  Maybe 4WD.  But why did Harry say motor cycle or ATV?  Wouldn't just ATV include offroad MC?  Makes no sense unless he seen MC tracks and they added to the report.  Strange.  Another area that jumps out at me is - "so far we've located two beer bottles and a track...".  The word "located".  This seems important for Harry to include in his response.  Maybe the bottles belong to the perp?  If so, this is HUGE.  Could crack the case.  Then again, I may be reading too much into his response.  Harry's report to the LE must have had them scratching their heads too.  shortcake
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »

If the death scent from Harry Oakes' June 28, 2009 canine search belonged to Lindsey Baum ... when the location of Baum residence is considered ... is it possible that First Street was used to access Beck Street.

Janet

++++++

Mr. Oakes explains in the email that track was referring to the death scent not a MC or MTV track.

I could wrong but ... I believe Mr. Oakes was speculating that a MC or MTV could have been used to transfer a deceased person as the death scent was present for such a long ways.  If a body had been in an inclosed vehicle ... the scent would have been more difficult to detect.

Hey ... I am only speculating based on the words in the email which I am desperately attempting to comprehend.

Janet

_____

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »

IMO

Janet 

I agree Jade, sure would like to think the LE gave that area of the death scent a serious search.  Thanks to Janet, I now believe the scent on the ATV was an open vehicle.  I am now leaning toward a pickup.  Maybe 4WD.  But why did Harry say motor cycle or ATV?  Wouldn't just ATV include offroad MC?  Makes no sense unless he seen MC tracks and they added to the report.  Strange.  Another area that jumps out at me is - "so far we've located two beer bottles and a track...".  The word "located".  This seems important for Harry to include in his response.  Maybe the bottles belong to the perp?  If so, this is HUGE.  Could crack the case.  Then again, I may be reading too much into his response.  Harry's report to the LE must have had them scratching their heads too.  shortcake

Heck yeah! There is a possibility that they bagged up the beer bottles for evidence (depending on how fresh the bottles and possibly tracks are) and may be collecting fingerprint and DNA samples. But going for 6 miles? Holy cow. That is a LOT of land to cover. 
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »

Alright....... so going towards a 6 mile mark to the Northeast will put the detected scent in Mason County. The distance between McCleary and Kamilche is 15 miles. So roughly a little under halfway to Kamilche. So just a little OVER halfway to Kamilche are two areas which are on the map. Forbes and Marmac. And then I see a place called Stimson which is 3.6 miles away from McCleary. And just a little northeast of Stimson it looks like there is a road which turns into a 3 fork road, and it looks like unnamed roads. My guess is this is logging roads or the ATV roads that may have been searched, since those roads seem to travel up to the 6 mile distance. And just a little south of that road is Railroad tracks. And even further south of that is the Simpson tree farm. So the scents were basically located in the tree farm area or maybe on someone's property who lives in that direction.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 02:02:06 AM »

So, seeing as the countys have changed, I am looking up Mason county sex offenders. I am only looking up people who have can get access to their homes through the area which is through this area I just described to you.

http://so.co.mason.wa.us/index.php?aid=184    <--- The first one I came across. He lives about 13 miles away from McCleary up Cloquallum road, which can also be accessed through Elma. The mapquest directions showed me how to go up his direction from this 3 fork road that I found just past this Stimson area.

But the website only gives information on the level 2 and 3 sex offenders.

Hmmm, and he was the only one I found in that area related to that road I saw. THIS DOESN'T MEAN HE DID IT, just that he's the only one I found.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »

Anyone know what this is in this photograph from Googlemaps?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »

Anyone know what this is in this photograph from Googlemaps?

I had posted up in her #4 thread, but I think it's the headquarter office for the tree farm. I was curious about that road coming off of Beck street connecting to the freeway. Tornquist road?
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:36 AM »

Freeway s/b Old highway
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 10:00:42 AM »

Jademoff

Thanks.

Janet

_____

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »

Kona made a correction of the darkened area. It is the City's water supply.
KONAMOCHA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »

This is Janet's email response from Harry Oakes,a dog search and rescue team that came to McCleary at Melissa Baum's request.

TamikosMom aka Janet wrote:

Monkeys

I took it upon myself to email Harry Oakes regarding the report that he send to the FBI concerning the canine search for Lindsey Baum.  I specifically asked him about the detection of Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple and ... then along 6th Street ... as indicated by Kara Kampen on this forum.

The following was not as clear as I had hoped.  However ... it was an appreciated response nevertheless.

Janet

+++++++

RE: LINDSEY BAUM SEARCH‏
Sent: September 8, 2009 12:12:42 PM

we actually tracked up to Beck St then NE To a logging atv road and our search continues there. So far we've located two empty beer bottles, and a track (Scent trail) heading east 6 miles on either a motor cycle or ATV.

we are also (the search dogs) picking up a dead human alert 1/2 mile East of Beck the winds are coming from the south. I can't tell you about anything else we've found. That's been handed over to the McCleary Police.

Note: The death scent on a dead human could be from any "Dead Human" that has died in the area. Not neccessarily the missing child's scent.

Harry

Here is the email,  maybe we can figure this out ?

Quote from: doubledecker
on 09-23-2009 at 09:59:00 PM

I have enough information now I believe I might know exactly where someone should go search...if anyone reads this, is there locally, able to actually go to where I point out, and will put aside all the bs and just go out there, I will tell you where to go.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »

I was trying to get the picture of the satellite area I wanted to share with you. The road that I wanted to know more about, it appears there is either a gravel bar or some sort of site at the end of the road. I have no clue how to post up images from google satellite. I also have no clue about that bit of area, since I have never been there before.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »

Alright....... so going towards a 6 mile mark to the Northeast will put the detected scent in Mason County. The distance between McCleary and Kamilche is 15 miles. So roughly a little under halfway to Kamilche. So just a little OVER halfway to Kamilche are two areas which are on the map. Forbes and Marmac. And then I see a place called Stimson which is 3.6 miles away from McCleary. And just a little northeast of Stimson it looks like there is a road which turns into a 3 fork road, and it looks like unnamed roads. My guess is this is logging roads or the ATV roads that may have been searched, since those roads seem to travel up to the 6 mile distance. And just a little south of that road is Railroad tracks. And even further south of that is the Simpson tree farm. So the scents were basically located in the tree farm area or maybe on someone's property who lives in that direction.

Jade, maybe I'm reading it wrong, I don't think the starting point is 6 miles NE, it sounds like Beck to a logging road that goes NE, then 6 miles east.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.