April 19, 2024, 12:08:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 148 9/30/09 - 10/11/09  (Read 285793 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1320 on: October 07, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

Good Morning everybody.  an angelic monkey

I woke up with a thought in my head. After reading all these defense motions and addendums, all I can think of is that old saying "Baffle them with bullchit." Well, the old battlewagon said she was going to be filing a lot of motions after September, and she certainly has. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1321 on: October 07, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »

O/T  Tupelo.I didn't see you this morning.Hope you feel better.   
Hi Trimm!, and thanks! I just got here....I could be better, hopefully soon.

I saw this posted on another forum:

(from a WFTV commenter). Snipped:

"...Has anyone noticed that the day Casey was arrested that a lot of people seemed to vanish into thin air? I mean the way I see it the following people just stopped being on this planet when Casey was arrested:

1. Zani The Nanny
2. Zani's Mother
3. Rachael (Zanni's roommates)
4. Juliet Lewis (outcry person at Universal)
5. Jeffrey Michael Hopkins (outcry person at Universal)
6. Nurse who found wound behind Zani's ear at hospital
7. Doctors who examined Zani at hospital after accident
8. Entire Hospital Staff who were there when Zani was brought to the hospital
9. Zachary (Jeffey Micheal Hopkins kid)
10. Ambulance driver who took Zani to hospital
11. Donale Johnson (orderly who brought Zani her dinner in the room)
12. Shequanda (orderly who picked up empty food tray in Zani's room)
13. Officer Jake (officer who took report of accident)
14. Entire hotel staff at Hard Rock where Zani and Casey stayed
15. Zenaida Fernandez Gonzales (the Ten)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few missing people...can anyone add to the list?"

Oct. 6, 2009 9:33pm EDT | from kameronJ

Aliens.   
Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1322 on: October 07, 2009, 10:36:19 AM »

I woke up with a thought in my head. After reading all these defense motions and addendums, all I can think of is that old saying "Baffle them with bullchit." Well, the old battlewagon said she was going to be filing a lot of motions after September, and she certainly has. 

Lol ... I think Mr. Schmadtke, the staff writer for the Sentinel who wrote the first article we initially read here, was as confused as the rest of us by the point of those obtuse motions.  I guess Ms. "Wide Load" is so brilliant we are too dazzled to 'get it' right now. lol
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1323 on: October 07, 2009, 10:42:51 AM »

I am just astounded that Bobo teaches law and Ms Lyons is the associate dean of a college of Law.  As a parent who has put two kids through university I hope this is not a statement of the calibre of teaching staff as well as professors.  I would be asking for my money back in both cases....... no, demanding my money back.  Though all these flawed motions may very well have been written by students as Ms Lyons alluded to they would be, she and Bobo ultimately sign them all.  As a lawyer is not the first thing you tell your clients is never sign something without readying it?    Do they grade papers in the same careless manner? 

Waste ....HUGE waste!

We need a shame shame monkey.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1324 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:25 AM »

I guess I most be missing the point of the defense teams having her swear to those two sentences.  She already did swear to both of those when she wrote, in her own handwriting, at the beginning of the case her description of what had taken place..her initial statement to LE that was handwritten.

So why is the defense making an issue of this now?  LE has had those statements from the family since the day they all wrote them.  This will not save her from the DP..nor will it give her a lighter sentence. Infact it is showing her to be a liar and not trustworthy.  Lyons is well aware of that fact.

The only reason I can give for them doing that now is they are taking Casey in very small steps over the next months up to being ready to plea.  They are showing her that the motions are not going to get her off a DP trial..they are having to act out the whole way this trial will play out..and these motions are the start of that preperation for her to eventually come to her own conclusion she would be best served by pleaing. I don't think Casey is the type of person to take anyone's advice..even her high powered lawyers..unless she thought the idea came from her own conclusions. MOO

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »

After Sept as classes are back and her students can do all the research and writing.  Seems she has an exceptionally brilliant class this year.  Can not wait till Ms Lyons goes on her "pimp my book tour".  Can only imagine the quality of writing that will be filed as she will be so very very busy signing autographs and smiling for all those wide angle lenses.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: October 07, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

IMO....Bozo and Casey are admitting that they knew where Caylee's lil body was by harping on the fact that the defense was not allowed at the crime scene. If I am not mistaken it took 9 days to be sure it was Caylee. I do not think I have ever heard of a defense team being allowed on a crime scene while the body was still there. Are they really that stupid? I wish they would get this trial going....This is getting beyond rediculous. FWIW I don't think Casey will ever except a plea deal. She is arrogant enough to think she will walk free.

I would think that LE would be concerned with contamination if the defense team would be allowed at a crime scene while a body was still there wouldn't they? Trampling all over the evidence and that sortof thing..in this case, I wouldn't put it past Bozo to do such a thing just to get his honey Casey off for the murder of her child..jmo...

I believe Judge Strickland already ruled on the defense team having access to the scene where the remains were found as the investigation by LE progressed.   If I recall correctly, His Honor  said that he would not be a party to the defense messing up the scene or something to that effect.  Anyway, with Henry Lee's performance when he was allowed access to the Phil Spector house, i.e. when he picked up an acrylic fingernail belonging to the victim and which was probative to the investigation.  Even a defense lawyer testified to witnessing it. So one wonders what he would have done at the scene of Casey's remains.  I think that might be a point for the SA to bring up, that Dr. Lee was judged to not be trustworthy in the Spector trial.  (Maybe not those exact words, but that is the import.) It is, in fact, unheard of for the defense to be given free rein at a crime scene before LE is finished and certainly not when it is not even determined that the remains have any connection whatsoever to their client. IMO had they done so, they would now be claiming that the crime scene was contaminated by themselves.

IMO these big-time lawyers and so-called experts are not what they purport to be.  I think that Ms. Baden arrived in Orlando with the arrogant attitude that she would "Educate" the judge, an attitude which did not nurture any good feeling toward her by the locals. Ms. Lyons blew in like an ill wind with a lot of baggage, i.e. her very busy schedule to unload her book, slovenly and unkempt and quite unprofessional looking IMO. As Shakespeare said, "Clothes do make the man."  If not make, at least add a lot to credibility.  And the old addage, overused perhaps, but still true, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," applies here.  I have never seen anyone with a more unpleasant expression on her face, except perhaps Kate Gosselin, but that's another story.

Lsten up defense; Now comes Babybear to tell you you are full of it.

I also believe that the SA has enough evidence to support a prima facie case even with the limited amount of evidence we now have. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1327 on: October 07, 2009, 11:03:57 AM »

I am just astounded that Bobo teaches law and Ms Lyons is the associate dean of a college of Law.  As a parent who has put two kids through university I hope this is not a statement of the calibre of teaching staff as well as professors.  I would be asking for my money back in both cases....... no, demanding my money back.  Though all these flawed motions may very well have been written by students as Ms Lyons alluded to they would be, she and Bobo ultimately sign them all.  As a lawyer is not the first thing you tell your clients is never sign something without readying it?    Do they grade papers in the same careless manner? 

Waste ....HUGE waste!

I agree NorthernRose.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1328 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »

Waste ....HUGE waste!

I agree NorthernRose.   

Another little item they teach in law school is that if a client admits to his attorney that he is guilty of the crime of which he is accused, the attorney may mount a defense but may not supborn purgery.  He or she may not put a witness on the stand whom he knows to be lying.  Of course what a lawyer says in opening and closing statements is not evidence.  Nor is what he broadcasts to the media so it appears they can say whatever cockamamy thing which comes into their heads. 

Some years ago when Ted Bundy was being tried in Miami, his attorney told the judge that he knew Bundy was guilty and he could not represent a person he knew to be guilty.  The judge appointed another attorney, but the attorneys of my acquaintance were horrified that Bundy's lawyer had withdrawn.  The judge appointed another attorney and we know the results, which would have been the same with the first attorney.  As an aside, oddly the judge told Bundy as he pronounced the death sentence, "Good luck little buddy."

But actually, I have noticed a decrease in integrity and honor in the judiciary and other branches of government in recent years.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1329 on: October 07, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »

Ms Lyon has not let this pesky DP case get in the way of her conference speaking
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1330 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »

After Sept as classes are back and her students can do all the research and writing.  Seems she has an exceptionally brilliant class this year.  Can not wait till Ms Lyons goes on her "pimp my book tour".  Can only imagine the quality of writing that will be filed as she will be so very very busy signing autographs and smiling for all those wide angle lenses.

Ooohh! Have you ever seen her smile? She has a look on her face that looks like she is going to devour you! I would run like he77 if she ever smiled at me. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1331 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »

Thanks,NorthernRose. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1332 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »

Ms Lyon has not let this pesky DP case get in the way of her conference speaking

I wonder how she is going to play the race card in KC's trial? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1333 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »

Can someone please confirm when Ms Lyon was announced to be part of the Dream team?  I think it was in last part of May.

Here she is as a speaker of another conference.  Judge Stan Ito has sure been accommodating to her teaching duties, yet she seems to have spare time to fly around and speak.  Guess this case is not her first priority nor is the Judge's calendar.

http://www.nacdl.org/public.nsf/Events/Annualmeeting_AgendaA?Opendocument
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1334 on: October 07, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »

Ooohh! Have you ever seen her smile? She has a look on her face that looks like she is going to devour you! I would run like he77 if she ever smiled at me. 

Her smile is scary.  It's like she'll make you her lunch if you get too close.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1335 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

I believe Judge Strickland already ruled on the defense team having access to the scene where the remains were found as the investigation by LE progressed.   If I recall correctly, His Honor  said that he would not be a party to the defense messing up the scene or something to that effect.  Anyway, with Henry Lee's performance when he was allowed access to the Phil Spector house, i.e. when he picked up an acrylic fingernail belonging to the victim and which was probative to the investigation.  Even a defense lawyer testified to witnessing it. So one wonders what he would have done at the scene of Casey's remains.  I think that might be a point for the SA to bring up, that Dr. Lee was judged to not be trustworthy in the Spector trial.  (Maybe not those exact words, but that is the import.) It is, in fact, unheard of for the defense to be given free rein at a crime scene before LE is finished and certainly not when it is not even determined that the remains have any connection whatsoever to their client. IMO had they done so, they would now be claiming that the crime scene was contaminated by themselves.

IMO these big-time lawyers and so-called experts are not what they purport to be.  I think that Ms. Baden arrived in Orlando with the arrogant attitude that she would "Educate" the judge, an attitude which did not nurture any good feeling toward her by the locals. Ms. Lyons blew in like an ill wind with a lot of baggage, i.e. her very busy schedule to unload her book, slovenly and unkempt and quite unprofessional looking IMO. As Shakespeare said, "Clothes do make the man."  If not make, at least add a lot to credibility.  And the old addage, overused perhaps, but still true, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," applies here.  I have never seen anyone with a more unpleasant expression on her face, except perhaps Kate Gosselin, but that's another story.

Lsten up defense; Now comes Babybear to tell you you are full of it.

I also believe that the SA has enough evidence to support a prima facie case even with the limited amount of evidence we now have.

Great post Babybear! I know people say it shouldn't matter what "Ms. Wide Load" wears, but come on, she looks like she shops at yard sales for her wardrobe.

O/T....living about a mile from the Gosselins, unfortunately I have to see Kate's ugly mug more than I ever want. She is just miserable ALWAYS! I feel sooooo sorry for the children.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1336 on: October 07, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »

Here she is in Detroit Oct 9-11, 2009. Could this be why the court date was changed from Friday to Tuesday?...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://law.wayne.edu/pdf/onebookonecommunity.pdf
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: October 07, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

Michigan Law's Death Penalty Defense College

From a press release:  "Discussions about the use of the death penalty in this country elicit varying but always strong opinions. One thing for certain -- if you ever are accused of a capital offense, you want an attorney who knows what he or she is doing.  In late May, the University of Michigan Law School hosted its sixth Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College, which is designed to help defense attorneys hone their skills through hands-on workshops that focus on the attorneys' current death penalty cases.  According to the college’s founder and director, Andrea Lyon, the college is "not about innocence. It’s about saving people’s lives." And the program has been successful in that goal. Since 2000 when the college was started, attorneys have brought more than 120 capital cases to the college. Lyon knows of only one case among the 120 that did not result in a plea bargain or life instead of a death sentence. That one exception was a case in which the defendant dismissed his attorney and asked to be executed.  Lyon, who is currently an associate professor at DePaul University College of Law, began the program at the University of Michigan while she was on the clinical faculty here. At DePaul, Lyon also directs the Center for Justice in Capital Cases and supervises that law school’s Death Penalty Legal Clinic.

MORE....

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/crimprof_blog/2005/06/u_of_ms_death_p.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1338 on: October 07, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!   

I have a headache at the thought that Lyons is out there producing "mini Lyons" all over the place!   

She's teaching ethics? OMG! I'm surprised I can type the word ethics and her name in the same sentence! It should come up "******".

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1339 on: October 07, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

Michigan Law's Death Penalty Defense College

From a press release:  "Discussions about the use of the death penalty in this country elicit varying but always strong opinions. One thing for certain -- if you ever are accused of a capital offense, you want an attorney who knows what he or she is doing.  In late May, the University of Michigan Law School hosted its sixth Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College, which is designed to help defense attorneys hone their skills through hands-on workshops that focus on the attorneys' current death penalty cases.  According to the college’s founder and director, Andrea Lyon, the college is "not about innocence. It’s about saving people’s lives." And the program has been successful in that goal. Since 2000 when the college was started, attorneys have brought more than 120 capital cases to the college. Lyon knows of only one case among the 120 that did not result in a plea bargain or life instead of a death sentence. That one exception was a case in which the defendant dismissed his attorney and asked to be executed.  Lyon, who is currently an associate professor at DePaul University College of Law, began the program at the University of Michigan while she was on the clinical faculty here. At DePaul, Lyon also directs the Center for Justice in Capital Cases and supervises that law school’s Death Penalty Legal Clinic.

MORE....

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/crimprof_blog/2005/06/u_of_ms_death_p.html

It sounds like to me that Lyons was brought in to convince the skank to take a plea for LWOP. That is, if a plea is ever offered. IMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.