April 26, 2024, 03:39:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 148 9/30/09 - 10/11/09  (Read 286069 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: October 03, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »

TRIMM ... & BLINK  Appreciate the fingerprint/ridge info.  That is very interesting stuff.  It's galling the way LKB, etc play us all for Al & Peg Bundys ...

Welcome to LV Susie !   

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: October 03, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »

O WOW   O/T to this case BUT related to pending matter in this case as well:

Foxnews cable just reported that Drew Peterson's defense team FAILED to get a change of venue as they cited it would be "impossible" to get an impartial jury due to extreme overexposure in the media.    The judge DENIED their motion stating that they can get a fair and impartial jury if they try 

Ya know where Im going with this 

I know exactly where you are going with this! And I agree. Totally.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:23 PM »

TRIMM ... & BLINK  Appreciate the fingerprint/ridge info.  That is very interesting stuff.  It's galling the way LKB, etc play us all for Al & Peg Bundys ...

Welcome to LV Susie !   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

Foxnews cable just reported that Drew Peterson's defense team FAILED to get a change of venue as they cited it would be "impossible" to get an impartial jury due to extreme overexposure in the media.    The judge DENIED their motion stating that they can get a fair and impartial jury if they try 

Oh yes!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
LVSusie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: October 03, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!!!!    I was saying last night but guess everyone had gone to bed im in Las Vegas and Im up til very early working... but what I was saying is about the duct tape in the video there were pieces holding the Caylee flyer on there SUV along with a flag.  I dont know how to get a screen shot or make it bigger, but im sure there is alot of that duct tape used by the Anthony's all over the place.    BIG FIGHT ......CINDY NAD GEORGE ANTHONY CONFRONT LEONARD TO DAY PART 2
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: October 03, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »

Capp and Brandi-

I HIGHLY respect both of your opinions, but for starters, the Drew Peterson case is not a capital case. The Voir dire ( assumimg you have enough people to proceed from the questionaire) is very different, both in practical and theory, but also because there is a moretoreum against the DP there right now.

Thanks to Ms. Lyon.

Well, in fairness, her last defense case vs. Appellate.

B
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: October 03, 2009, 09:25:50 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!!!!    I was saying last night but guess everyone had gone to bed im in Las Vegas and Im up til very early working... but what I was saying is about the duct tape in the video there were pieces holding the Caylee flyer on there SUV along with a flag.  I dont know how to get a screen shot or make it bigger, but im sure there is alot of that duct tape used by the Anthony's all over the place.    BIG FIGHT ......CINDY NAD GEORGE ANTHONY CONFRONT LEONARD TO DAY PART 2

Welcome LVSusie!!

Here is the video you mentioned....it's a good one with Cindy at her best!!  At the end it shows the Caylee posters taped to their SUV. It's from a distance, so hard to see for sure what type of tape. Maybe someone can do a screen shot and enlarge it for us.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jEP1eYTfEs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1jEP1eYTfEs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »

Capp and Brandi-

I HIGHLY respect both of your opinions, but for starters, the Drew Peterson case is not a capital case. The Voir dire ( assumimg you have enough people to proceed from the questionaire) is very different, both in practical and theory, but also because there is a moretoreum against the DP there right now.

Thanks to Ms. Lyon.

B

Thanks, Blink. I feel the same about you.

But, are you saying that Casey really could get a fair and impartial jury in another part of the state while she couldn't in Orlando? I am just of the opinion that this case is so well-known all over that moving the trial should not make a difference. It would just be a huge headache and expense for those involved. JMO.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: October 03, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: October 03, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »

I keep missing you too, LVSUSIE. I just wanted to tell you welcome too!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: October 03, 2009, 10:51:07 PM »

I keep missing you too, LVSUSIE. I just wanted to tell you welcome too!!

I want to hitch a ride on that Welcome Wagon too, if it's ok!

Glad to have you with us, LVSusie!

nomorenekkiddogs
Scared Monkey

Why wear fur when you can run around "Nekkid"

« Reply #871 on: October 03, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

Hey everyone, hows ya been.  I have had to take a break from here, but I heard on the news the other day that there is stuff going on, where can I find whats happenin

HEY Brandi, thanks for the avi, I love it

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: October 03, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »

Hey everyone, hows ya been.  I have had to take a break from here, but I heard on the news the other day that there is stuff going on, where can I find whats happenin

HEY Brandi, thanks for the avi, I love it
You're welcome. Glad you found it! I have many waiting to be picked up. LOL

So glad to see you back! I was just telling my husband (sitting here in the home office with me) that you are still around!

Not sure what particular news you are referring to, but I am sure fellow monkeys will show you the way!

nomorenekkiddogs
Scared Monkey

Why wear fur when you can run around "Nekkid"

« Reply #873 on: October 03, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »

I don't know what it was either, I didn't catch it all as I was making dinner.  It is supposed to be on the early show on monday I thought they said.  Oh well, thanks anyway.  I still visit occasionally, just don't have much to say.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: October 04, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »

Capp and Brandi-

Thanks to Ms. Lyon.

B

As I do you Blink.   Im aware that this is a DP case versus Peterson's not being due to the moratorium in Illinois, Lyons & her ilk be dam'd (PS her motion SUXED).  The voir doir (preliminary examination of prospective jurors) may be more rigorous & difficult due to this trial being a DP case, this is true BUT the argument by the defense is the same, the sheer fact that this is a death penalty case does not change that fact.

If you are saying it will carry more consideration, maybe it will because it is taken quite seriously that a defendant deserves a right to a fair trial, yes especially when facing a possible capitol conviction.   However, it can also be argued that the defense & the Anthony family are the ones that are making sure it is locally & nationally tried in the media not the State with intent that cannot be misconstrued as something else.  This is in a state that has a liberal Sunshine Law (of which the State has complied within the law), unlike other states so if the State of Florida supports the transparency & allows the release of discovery in criminal cases including capital crimes why would their judges be inclined to change venue with the advance knowledge that information about the case will be publicly released?  It also seems extremely moot since this case is extremely saturated across the nation much less the entire state of Florida.   Judge Strickland already advised the defense that they should refrain from putting falsehoods out in the public, I'm curious how that will play out - all it takes is reviewing the many TV appearances & local network interviews they have done over the past year.   The discovery speaks for itself & leaves the public to its own interpretation, unlike what the defense & Casey's family are doing.   If the defense continuously tries the case through the local & national media, especially with blatant misrepresentations of the facts,  what should be the remedy for that?    I cant say for certain what the decision will be all considered, a change of venue is not a slam dunk in either direction right now...I know the strong possibility exists that there will be a change of venue granted but all I'm saying is there is also great weight as to why one should/could be denied.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: October 04, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »

Welcome LVsusie & good to see you back Nomore!

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: October 04, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »

Sorry it took me so long we were hanging up & my puter was freezing - the above videos  - its at the end

Thanks, Capp for the answer last night!  My computer was flocking up too and kept booting me off.  After numerous attempts, I just gave up trying to get back in.  I appreciate your posts, as they are very informative.  Thanks so much!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »

Sorry it took me so long we were hanging up & my puter was freezing - the above videos  - its at the end

Thanks, Capp for the answer last night!  My computer was flocking up too and kept booting me off.  After numerous attempts, I just gave up trying to get back in.  I appreciate your posts, as they are very informative.  Thanks so much!

Nice to see you ISpy. Lats night crowd on duty now, I guess. LOL

BTW .. left you a post at my thread. Check my sig line. Wink

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »

Evening Brandi, Melliebelle, and 4 guests!!  Decided to try again tonight and catch up.  BB in a few-going to look for a video.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: October 04, 2009, 01:34:41 AM »

I have to add this one thing to my post right above ^^

Wouldn't it have been substantially more economical & fair to this capitol murder defendant if the gag order requested BY THE STATE was granted which the defense & the Anthonys vigorously & vehemently argued against?   (not saying I agree with not having the discovery as public record)

How can you argue that people shouldnt be gagged from discussing the case & then in the same breath comment ad nauseum on the evidence of the case broadcast via the media outlets but then complain that the case is getting too much exposure?   

The hypocrisy is astounding!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.