April 19, 2024, 11:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444284 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: October 24, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

Good morning 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1181 on: October 24, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »

Evening Monkeys- just thought I'd pop in for a bit to post this. My friend's daughter has been nominated by CMT to to compete in the CMT Music City Madness contest and I thought I'd post it here for anyone who is interested. It was all filmed here while we watched and the little boy is my son's classmate. So, if you like it and want to vote for her, all you have to do is submit the vote. Fanny, if you're here you might appreciate the scenery in this video and it will give you a taste of home I think

http://www.pearlclarkin.com/

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Oh IM!! She's really good!! I submitted my vote and thanks for sharing that with us!   

Thanks CBB~she has been writing her own music since she was 12!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1182 on: October 24, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

Hey CBB.  I am in Pigeon Forge.  Leaving in the morning for Blowing Rock NC and then on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  Am stopping at Alta Pass on the way up to Shenandoah Valley.  The leaves are BEAUTIFUL.  The mountains are ablaze with color.  This is an extremely good year for fall colors.  Love it in the mountains.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1183 on: October 24, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »

Hi Friends!  Changing subject real quick to ask a question from all the smart monkeys.

I want to see my credit score and am aware of many websites to check, but typically they only provide a report, minus the score without paying for it.  I heard recently, there is a site you can go to, where you can get it all for free, but don't remember what it is.  I know everybody can get it free at least once a year, but don't know of any other way, than to go to each credit company.  So does anybody know a site or the one I am talking about to get my whole score from all three, for free?

TIA!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1184 on: October 24, 2009, 07:00:43 PM »

ROLL TIDE   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1185 on: October 24, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

ROLL TIDE   

HEY TRIMM!! WOOHOO        
My nephew-in-law is at the game today!!! 

Now I know something happened that caused me to have to log in; I was frantically going through post-its trying to find my password! It's been over a year since I had to sign-in & I couldn't remember it!!! But i did find it!!  I just posted another cake in my thread & I can't wait til next week!! I'm doing a Halloween cake with a  haunted house!!! It's going to be so much fun doing it!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1186 on: October 24, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »

ROLL TIDE   

HEY TRIMM!! WOOHOO        
My nephew-in-law is at the game today!!! 

Now I know something happened that caused me to have to log in; I was frantically going through post-its trying to find my password! It's been over a year since I had to sign-in & I couldn't remember it!!! But i did find it!!  I just posted another cake in my thread & I can't wait til next week!! I'm doing a Halloween cake with a  haunted house!!! It's going to be so much fun doing it!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!! 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1187 on: October 24, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »

Evening Monkeys- just thought I'd pop in for a bit to post this. My friend's daughter has been nominated by CMT to to compete in the CMT Music City Madness contest and I thought I'd post it here for anyone who is interested. It was all filmed here while we watched and the little boy is my son's classmate. So, if you like it and want to vote for her, all you have to do is submit the vote. Fanny, if you're here you might appreciate the scenery in this video and it will give you a taste of home I think

http://www.pearlclarkin.com/

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Voted

How exciting for her and her family! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1188 on: October 24, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

Hi Friends!  Changing subject real quick to ask a question from all the smart monkeys.

I want to see my credit score and am aware of many websites to check, but typically they only provide a report, minus the score without paying for it.  I heard recently, there is a site you can go to, where you can get it all for free, but don't remember what it is.  I know everybody can get it free at least once a year, but don't know of any other way, than to go to each credit company.  So does anybody know a site or the one I am talking about to get my whole score from all three, for free?

TIA!

The FTC has information on the free annual credit report:

http://www.ftc.gov/freereports

Good to see you Dihannah1!  You look lovely!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1189 on: October 24, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »

TIA!

Thanks Klaas!  I should have known you'd have the answer.  Is there anything you don't know?  LOL
I will check it out
As for as my looks, I have to give CBB credit for that one, she always dresses me Very Happy

Glad to be posting again.  I'm unable to see SM at work anymore, because they have blocked Blog/Forums, so can't see/post during the day, which will drive me insane during the trial.  I'm hoping to read from my blackberry at least.  And I just don't always have time in the evenining, though I try to lurk as often as possie to keep up, even if I don't post.  Can't imagine  SM friends totally eliminated from  my life!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1190 on: October 24, 2009, 11:46:50 PM »

TIA!

Thanks Klaas!  I should have known you'd have the answer.  Is there anything you don't know?  LOL
I will check it out
As for as my looks, I have to give CBB credit for that one, she always dresses me Very Happy

Glad to be posting again.  I'm unable to see SM at work anymore, because they have blocked Blog/Forums, so can't see/post during the day, which will drive me insane during the trial.  I'm hoping to read from my blackberry at least.  And I just don't always have time in the evenining, though I try to lurk as often as possie to keep up, even if I don't post.  Can't imagine  SM friends totally eliminated from  my life!

I know San can't read from her work either!  Just check in with us when you can so we know you're ok, LOL. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: October 25, 2009, 12:14:30 AM »

Here's a nice surprise    Monken has created guitar cake #3-a Hannah Montana Guitar Cake:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg994768#msg994768   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1192 on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:01 AM »

Hello Midnight Monkeys!

Cyrus and I entered the PetCo Halloween costume contest today...

And we won! 

ASPCA did NOT cite me for abuse of food coloring 

Woof! Woof! Happy Halloween 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1193 on: October 25, 2009, 02:36:26 AM »

Brachiate & Cyrus 

Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1194 on: October 25, 2009, 02:56:17 AM »

Brachiate & Cyrus 

Thank You! We had a lot of fun and Cyrus got a lot of hugs and skritches.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1195 on: October 25, 2009, 03:03:05 AM »

Hello Midnight Monkeys!

Cyrus and I entered the PetCo Halloween costume contest today...

And we won! 

ASPCA did NOT cite me for abuse of food coloring 

Woof! Woof! Happy Halloween 

OF COURSE you won! Just look at Cyrus!!   

OMG! Lady Godiva meets Trigger !!   

Congratulations, Brachiate!!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1196 on: October 25, 2009, 03:07:22 AM »

ROLL TIDE   

My son was at the game................ on the other side, but congratulations anyway!!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1197 on: October 25, 2009, 03:56:35 AM »

TIA!

Thanks Klaas!  I should have known you'd have the answer.  Is there anything you don't know?   LOL
I will check it out

Uhmmmmm, let me think about that one...............

No.   

Klaas knows everything and she's EVERYWHERE, she's EVERYWHERE!!!      

Hey Tink? If you find that site, would you post the link, please? I used to get my free report every year from Experian, and it would update daily. All I had to do was keep the report number and just pull it up whenever I wanted. It doesn't work that way anymore, and I MISS it!!  For a long time, (years) after my divorce, that report was my right hand, and I even caught a few newer entries that were not mine, where my ex was able to open an account using my credit after the divorce.  I watched it like a hawk, and was able to immediately track results from my dealings with companies while I was trying to straighten things out.

Speaking of credit, let me offer a hard learned tip:

Credit Card companies will lie to you. They will and they do. Honest! Chase hounded me unmercilessly for 6 months after my ex filed bankruptcy. We had been divorced for four years, but all of a sudden a Chase account that I had never even known existed, showed up on my credit report with a $22,000.00 balance. It was listed as an individual account in MY name only! I saw it late one night when I checked my report, and the phone started ringing the next morning, demanding to know when my next payment would be made on it. I went through HELL, to the point that my hair started falling out. Literally! The calls were threatening and very abusive. The threats made were lies and the "legal action" they threatened was illegal. In the end, I finally got them off my back, but it took a lot of trial and error before I finally found the effective avenue.

I had printed off the credit reports for several years. I used them as working copies to try and navigate the quagmire my ex had left me in. Thank God, I kept them! With them, I was able to PROVE that the account had NEVER appeared on my credit reports until AFTER he filed bankruptcy. There is a regulation that clearly states that if you can legally be held responsible for an outstanding balance, it MUST be reported on your credit report. I thought that discovering the regulation and faxing my reports along with reference to the reg, to Chase would put an end to the harrasment. It didn't. Chase then even put that account on my son's credit report, and listed it there as a joint account with me!

However, when I faxed the exact same thing to the Comptroller of Currency, things turned on a dime. I quickly got a call from the executive office of Chase, from a VP full of apologies. She even suggested that my own Chase account (which had a zero balance) had an interest rate that was too high, and she approved it to zero interest for a year, which would roll into a 6% for the next year. She also upped the limit. I kept telling her that I'd have to be gasping for breath before I'd use Chase to buy air, but she insisted. I had a complete, hard copy history of every trick they had pulled, including my son's credit report, and they were worried. 

So print off those reports and file them away! As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing!"   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1198 on: October 25, 2009, 03:59:52 AM »

Hey CBB.  I am in Pigeon Forge.  Leaving in the morning for Blowing Rock NC and then on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  Am stopping at Alta Pass on the way up to Shenandoah Valley.  The leaves are BEAUTIFUL.  The mountains are ablaze with color.  This is an extremely good year for fall colors.  Love it in the mountains.   

Blue Moon! Are the colors at peak?    You're going to Little Switzerland, right? It's right at Alta Pass, and you just have to check out the Book Exchange! I'm going to try to take a day off this week and go!  Get some of those yellow delicious apples! They're ugly but OMG, the flavor is awesome!! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1199 on: October 25, 2009, 04:34:11 AM »

Hello, how was your weekend.  Is your front porch decorated yet?

No! It's been really cold and rainy, and I got busy elsewhere today. I need to finish it! How about you? Are you decorated? How was the pumpkin patch? Did you see Snoopy and Charlie Brown?

We are as decorated as it's going to get.  We had a blast at the pumpkin patch.   

So how many did you cart home?

I made some apple cider today with whole cinnamon sticks and cloves and orange slices, and Ohhhhhhhh the house smells SO good!

I love that stuff!  That is one of my favorite smells - so fally.

CBB is making fallic symbols??

Hey, if it's good enough for the Washington Monument...................   

I see that your Girl's week-end didn't disturb the location of your mind. It's still safely tucked away in that gutter!   

Good to see you Miss Bearly!   

Yes, but it's a clean gutter!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.