April 26, 2024, 04:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444566 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: November 02, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »

Bearly? Take care of YOU!!! I miss you!   

How did you sneak in there like that?

I miss me, too!

Monkey Devil!

...and you, of course!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1521 on: November 02, 2009, 05:27:47 AM »

KLAAS - CBB has me dressed for Christmas.  Could you please help...at your convenience.  Thank you!  an angelic monkey

Sure, give me a few minutes!

Wow, I woke up to Christmas this morning!  Thank you Klaas! 

BTW - Tried the chicken in pressure cooker yesterday, since I don't have a crock pot.  It was sooooo tender and yummy!  Cooking time = five minutes!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1522 on: November 02, 2009, 06:11:45 AM »

Evening Monkeys- just thought I'd pop in for a bit to post this. My friend's daughter has been nominated by CMT to to compete in the CMT Music City Madness contest and I thought I'd post it here for anyone who is interested. It was all filmed here while we watched and the little boy is my son's classmate. So, if you like it and want to vote for her, all you have to do is submit the vote. Fanny, if you're here you might appreciate the scenery in this video and it will give you a taste of home I think

http://www.pearlclarkin.com/

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Wow!

Voted!

me too!...I think. 

Bearly I didn't realize you were sick.  I hope you get well soon!   an angelic monkey
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1523 on: November 02, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »

Morning can,

You look so lovely in your Christmas attire.

Good morning monkeys.

Bearly take care of your self. Get Well Wishes headed your way.

CBB Happy that you found your Moms Christmas decoartions.

Hope everyones has a good Monday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1524 on: November 02, 2009, 06:23:40 AM »

KLAAS - CBB has me dressed for Christmas.  Could you please help...at your convenience.  Thank you!  an angelic monkey

Thanks, Klaas!    Can had told me she wanted to get dressed for Christmas right after Halloween, but she tracked you down before I did!

I need everyone to get dressed for Christmas! I'm vowing to get my shopping done EARLY this year! I always say that but never get it done!   

I've been cleaning the pool to close it............ it looks AWFUL! It looks like a leaf depository!    John's sick and I finally just made him get in the car and come to where I was cleaning the pool so that I could keep an eye on him, AND clean!    One thing always leads to another.......... ever notice that? I had to clean out the utility room so I would have room to put the pool stuff away, which meant I had to go through a bunch of stuff that had been in there forever. It was mostly trash, BUT, I found some Christmas stuff that I thought Mom had gotten rid of before she passed away because I never ran into it when I was cleaning stuff out. I was thrilled to find it!  There were the wreaths, and candle holders......... all vintage "Eva Gabor" in her Green Acres era!    I love them, though, and so did she. This year, they'll be back where they belong, in the same place as they have always been, and that was worth all the work I did today!

Hope everyone had a greeat week-end, and we got back that hour that they keep taking away in the Spring!   

Thanks CBB.  Maybe my new Christmas look will spur me on to begin some Christmas preps.   

What a treasure trove of old memories you found today.  So nice to enjoy
the Christmas decorations your Mom loved.  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1525 on: November 02, 2009, 06:27:21 AM »

Morning can,

You look so lovely in your Christmas attire.

Good morning monkeys.

Bearly take care of your self. Get Well Wishes headed your way.

CBB Happy that you found your Moms Christmas decoartions.

Hope everyones has a good Monday.

Why thank you Green Eyes and good morning to you!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1526 on: November 02, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »

Good morning monks and Happy Monday 

I hope we get to see pics with the long lost  Christmas decorations you recovered, CBB[/b]!     santa

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1527 on: November 02, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »

Morning 

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. Since we live in a rural area there are no trick or treaters, but with Gk's moving in with us that is not a good thing. Ask the older grand kids friends where they all went to go trick or treating. All said the same place. So got youngest gs ready and off he and his mom and I went. Drove there, figuring we would park the car and walk with him. Got there and all the streets into the neighborhood were blocked off with police cars, daughter and I were thinking accident, shooting. ( from SO Calif) 
So drove around and thinking now what. When we went by the HS people were parking and walking into the neighborhood. So that's what we did. OMG it was so full of people young, old all trick or treating everyone in costumes and I mean everyone. I have never seen any thing like it. The streets were so full of people that's why the streets were blocked off. You couldn't drive a car on any of the streets. All I can say is it was like being at an amusement park when it was so full you were walking single file as not to run into someone.
I can't imagine the amount of candy the people went though. So gs had a good Halloween. And next year we know to go earlier. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1528 on: November 02, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1529 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:16 AM »

Bearly,I hope you are feeling better this morning.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1530 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »

Good one, Trimm.   

Since we don't have a lot of closet space, I will be shifting my winter/summer clothing from/to storage bins.  I usually have it done by now, but procrastinated.    

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1531 on: November 02, 2009, 11:04:48 AM »

Good morning monks and Happy Monday 

I hope we get to see pics with the long lost  Christmas decorations you recovered, CBB[/b]!     santa

Sure! It's so funny. The first time John went to Mom's, we were standing in the foyer, arms propped up on the divide between it and the living room while Mom answered the phone. The foyer, top of the divide and the fireplace surround in the living room all have Tennessee Pink marble, and we were talking about getting some to re-do the fireplace at the lake. He was quiet for a minute, and then started to laugh. That's where the "Eva Gabor" in Green Acrers came from and it stuck. He said Eva would be right at home gliding through the living room with arms outstretched saying, "New York is where I'd Raahther stay!" 

It was true! The living room was really nicely done, but certainly dated; shrimp colored carpet, wing backed chairs with floral yellow, yellow-green, and a little shrimp....... quilted fabric with a pheasent centered on the backs, tone on tone off white tufted sofa, with pillow accents matching the chair fabric, lots of white crown moulding on beige walls and a whole long wall of antique satin floor length custom drapery. Add the large antique gold lamps and trimmed wall mirror and Eva would have been right at home!  Mom had been an interior decorator, and went to the manufacturers to have the furniture made, with the style and fabrics she chose, but after Dad died, she really couldn't afford to update it, so it stayed "nicely done" but dated. She had regular bridge parties, and even had her removable game table liners made to coordinate. Other than those parties, the living room was really only used at Christmas, so the wreaths for the fireplace and front door, and the candle holders that held candles on the divide, were just part of it, and similarly dated. They're white with some glitter sprinkled in, and have yellow-green pears, and a brownish feathered bird on them.

I've pulled up the carpet, and had wood floors put in, and most of the furniture was sold at the estate sale or divided between my sister and I. I took the chairs to the lake, but the uncovered windows have really faded the fabric, and they need to be recovered. Wait! I think I have a picture of the chairs. I don't know if you can make out the pair of birds on the back. They are turning their heads to face each other and the pillows thrown on them block their long tails. They're also on the ottoman, but I know they can't be seen from the angle. Geez....... what a cluttered mess the lakehouse house is, but it "catches" everything from the office and everywhere else that we move around and don't want to get rid of.   

Gee, Muffy! I'll bet you'll think twice before asking me for anything again, huh?  I owe you for one therapy session! 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:06:33 AM by CBB » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: November 02, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

I love it CBB!     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: November 02, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

Good one, Trimm.   

Since we don't have a lot of closet space, I will be shifting my winter/summer clothing from/to storage bins.  I usually have it done by now, but procrastinated.    

I got a closet upstairs....I need to organize it.There could be someone living there for all I know.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1534 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:22 PM »

CBB,I love it.   

~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1535 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Morning 

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. Since we live in a rural area there are no trick or treaters, but with Gk's moving in with us that is not a good thing. Ask the older grand kids friends where they all went to go trick or treating. All said the same place. So got youngest gs ready and off he and his mom and I went. Drove there, figuring we would park the car and walk with him. Got there and all the streets into the neighborhood were blocked off with police cars, daughter and I were thinking accident, shooting. ( from SO Calif) 
So drove around and thinking now what. When we went by the HS people were parking and walking into the neighborhood. So that's what we did. OMG it was so full of people young, old all trick or treating everyone in costumes and I mean everyone. I have never seen any thing like it. The streets were so full of people that's why the streets were blocked off. You couldn't drive a car on any of the streets. All I can say is it was like being at an amusement park when it was so full you were walking single file as not to run into someone.
I can't imagine the amount of candy the people went though. So gs had a good Halloween. And next year we know to go earlier. 

It sounds like you and your family had a great Halloween!!   I would have thought there was a shooting too - that makes it nice they blocked off the streets - Safe and fun!!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1536 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »

Hi Ya Jackie

Hows it going? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1537 on: November 02, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »

Evening Monkeys- just thought I'd pop in for a bit to post this. My friend's daughter has been nominated by CMT to to compete in the CMT Music City Madness contest and I thought I'd post it here for anyone who is interested. It was all filmed here while we watched and the little boy is my son's classmate. So, if you like it and want to vote for her, all you have to do is submit the vote. Fanny, if you're here you might appreciate the scenery in this video and it will give you a taste of home I think

http://www.pearlclarkin.com/

Thanks!!!!!!!!

She WROTE the song? And she is in the video? She is GREAT.
I showed my son it and he was way impressed (which is quite a feat for a 16 y/o music lover!)

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1538 on: November 02, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

Good one, Trimm.   

I got a closet upstairs....I need to organize it.There could be someone living there for all I know.   

I have finally finished my closet and all my kitchen cupboards!  No, I will not come do any of yours! 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

Here's the link to 4 of Monken's latest cake creations.  There are three Halloween cakes and a (get this!) Pink Floyd birthday cake    http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1002461#msg1002461

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.