April 20, 2024, 07:27:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444306 times)
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1540 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »

Hi everyone was wondering if some of you can help me. I have found to phone numbers on my cell phone bill. I don't know who they r when I call no one answers and there is no voice mail. I have tried to find the person by useing the internet. Well everytime I do the website wants me to pay 20 bucks for a name and address. I really don't like putting my credit card info on the net. Does anyone know of a website that is free and that will give me a name. I really need to know it is driving me nuts.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: November 03, 2009, 03:03:59 AM »

San...I just LOVE him....and I know that you are adjusting to your new life with them...lol.

Wait until winter....will they be inside or out?  Someone said that they were going to send you
some goats for them to herd.  I laughed for 10 minutes...!

We have them inside.  We do let them out and they run and run and run.  But when we aren't home I want them in the house.

I was thinking about getting them a dog house for outside.

I'd keep those babies on my lap!!   

CBB they have taken control of this house    The couch is no longer ours.  They are so funny.

Oh, you can tell with one look at that face who owns the place! I love it! Those are the kind of dog personalities I'm attracted to! Actually, those are the kind of people I'm attracted to as well.

note to self: schedule examination of life's experience and consider going for the reserved, meek, and mild type!

Like Me!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1542 on: November 03, 2009, 03:09:55 AM »

Hi Cartfly!  It was getting lonely in here!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: November 03, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »

Hey GE, check out this link - all kinds of cookie recipes - they look pretty cool!   I vote you and gk need to make all of them.

Is the taste tester job open?

OOOOOooooooooooooooooo

Maybe next week.  I thing I swallowed some of CBB's M&Ms.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1544 on: November 03, 2009, 03:17:56 AM »

Hey Shell!

Please post your house pics in Musings. I'd like to see them. And, sweetie, if we can turn Musings into Pets-R-Us, with the mods participating, we can certainly share your happiness with your new digs. And we can support your surviving a horrific event. I say Hmph! to whomever suggested otherwise.

Brachiate~  Shell can post her house pics here in musings or in her thread "Building My House" http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4450.40  or both.  The neat thing about posting into a dedicated thread, whether it's for her house pics or even posting about pets in "Our Four Legged Friends" or posting recipes in our Recipe area is, it's easy to find them again in the future.  Another example is Monken's cakes.  We can go back there and find them anytime.  I usually make a note in musings when Monken makes a cake to go look in her thread area.  Some monkeys may miss things posted in musings, because of the mix of things in here.  That's why I like to make a birthday thread too.  Then all the birthday wishes are in one area, where the birthday girl or birthday boy can see them, instead of them being spread out over threads for a couple of days.  It isn't just to keep off topic out, especially since there really isn't an OT in musings.   Sometimes a monkey will notice another monkeys  birthday even a month later because they weren't here, and will leave a note.  Anyway, musings is great, but so are the various threads.  I was looking back at the four legged friends thread and it's great to see the animals and the posters from way back when.  The pics that were posted on musings are somewhere in all the musings threads...  Same with great recipes.  I hope they not only get posted in musings for us to see, but I hope they get posted in the recipe area, so when we need a good crock pot recipe we can find it.   an angelic monkey

Thanks, McBee!  Are you related to McFly?  Is McFly related to Cartfly?  Wow, we are all separated by three people!

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1545 on: November 03, 2009, 05:58:07 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1546 on: November 03, 2009, 08:24:15 AM »

Good one, Trimm.   

Since we don't have a lot of closet space, I will be shifting my winter/summer clothing from/to storage bins.  I usually have it done by now, but procrastinated.    

I got a closet upstairs....I need to organize it.There could be someone living there for all I know.   

I have finally finished my closet and all my kitchen cupboards!  No, I will not come do any of yours! 

I didn't finsh the clothing.  I ended up doing laundry and making a pot of chicken soup.  Today is another day. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1547 on: November 03, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »

Hi everyone was wondering if some of you can help me. I have found to phone numbers on my cell phone bill. I don't know who they r when I call no one answers and there is no voice mail. I have tried to find the person by useing the internet. Well everytime I do the website wants me to pay 20 bucks for a name and address. I really don't like putting my credit card info on the net. Does anyone know of a website that is free and that will give me a name. I really need to know it is driving me nuts.

Did you try contacting your wireless provider for assistance? 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1548 on: November 03, 2009, 08:32:46 AM »

Good morning monks    Hi 2nj

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1549 on: November 03, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »

Hi, MuffyBee. 

Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm also hoping that all the political phone calls stop.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1550 on: November 03, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »

Hi, MuffyBee. 

Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm also hoping that all the political phone calls stop.   

Morning 2NJSons

Boy am I slow this morning I read your post and thought what political phone calls. Duh then it hit me you are in one of the states with the tight races. Hope you have a good day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1551 on: November 03, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

Brachiate~  I don't know who doesn't want Shell to post her pics here at Scared Monkeys.  I only know what I've read here.   I don't think anyone posted here on SM forum they didn't want to see them posted.  Maybe it's been from emails she's gotten or even from some of the posters from forums that just enjoy reading here at SM and finding fault with things and making snarky comments, criticisms and etc.    I would love to see  Shell's house pics, and it doesn't matter whether it's here in Musings or in the thread she was using before, when she was planning and had started building.  Some have left her messages in her house thread also asking to see the pics.   an angelic monkey

Editing to add:  I haven't seen anyone from  Scared Monkeys post on this forum that they didn't want Shell to post her house pics.  If anyone sees a post like that or finds one, I'd like to know, unless it's a post saying maybe it's not safe to post a pic of the front of her house for security reasons.  Shell seemed to be saying some didn't understand how she rebuilt from basically nothing.  That doesn't sound like a security issue, that sounds like someone's jealous.  I don't know.  I haven't "talked" with Shell about it.  I am still hoping to see the house pics...   

Venus Rising

I wanna see the pictures!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »

Let's go Yankees!!!

Did I miss it?   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

I ordered my very first crockpot, who is going to give me a really good recipe to try out? 

BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

4lb pork butt or shoulder roast
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
dash cayenne pepper

Combine all crockpot and Cook on High heat for 4 hours, medium for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. Put meat back into crockpot and continue to cook for about 1/2 - 1 hour on Medium.   Serve on buns.

All I could picture was Fanny's buns.

Monkey Devil!

Fanny's buns takes two hands.

(Wait For It)

BECAUSE..................

It takes two hands to handle a whopper!         

Because...................................................

(Wait for It)

the buns are bigger on the Musings Thread!         

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1554 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »

A quick look at the geneology revealed these guys as their ancestors!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lUjhEHlh7s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0lUjhEHlh7s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

CBB, I don't want to see anything concerning Genealogy.  I spent Tuesday in the courthouse in Shenandoah County, VA trying to get copies of deeds, marriage licenses, wills etc.  They would not let me copy anything.  Said the Library of Virginia is putting everything on their site for "sale".  All I was able to do is get the deed book name, page numbers etc.  I contacted the Library of Virginia yesterday and they emailed me the form to get copies of those records.  Guess what it is going to cost me to get these copies?  $25 for each request.  Each request consists of only one person's name and only for one category.  So I have 3 different persons name with 3 different catagories.  $25.00 x 9 = $225.00.  WOW.  I emailed them and ask them to verify that I was correct and didn't they consider this expensive to the average person to be able to get copies of "public records".  No response from them yet.  It is unimaginable how our state governments are milking the public for what should be public records.  I found boxes in the courthouse dated back to 1779 that I opened one box and found my ancestor.  A lady came over and told me I wasn't suppose to be in those boxes and I had to put it back.  I told her to let me read it since it was my ancestor and she said NO.  I was so mad.  She said the Library of Virginia were copying those records and when it appeared on their website I could order the microfilm copy of them.  Another $25.00 for records that are suppose to be public.

I did get to go to the Powell Big Fort valley where my ancestors came from.  It was beautiful.  It is still very isolated located between 2 mountains and no cell phone coverage at all.  I loved it.  Best part of my trip.  Now I hope I have more luck in Jonesborough, TN at their courthouse.   

You would think at those prices the government would be rolling in it instead of stealing it from Social Security all these years.

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1555 on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »

I ordered my very first crockpot, who is going to give me a really good recipe to try out? 

BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

4lb pork butt or shoulder roast
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
dash cayenne pepper

Combine all crockpot and Cook on High heat for 4 hours, medium for 6 hours or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. Put meat back into crockpot and continue to cook for about 1/2 - 1 hour on Medium.   Serve on buns.

All I could picture was Fanny's buns.

Monkey Devil!

Fanny's buns takes two hands.

(Wait For It)

BECAUSE..................

It takes two hands to handle a whopper!         

Because...................................................

(Wait for It)

the buns are bigger on the Musings Thread!         

Can you see me?   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: November 04, 2009, 05:00:01 AM »

I Can't Miss ~ Halloween~~~~~ put on your Tap shoes put on the short skirt and devil horns ..then apologize to your dog that she/he looks funny tomorrow....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0R_oDEvYUY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/J0R_oDEvYUY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

If anyone recalls or wants to see the Greatest most Famous Vampire of all time ~
Sir Graves Ghastly who I grew up on  as a kid in  Detroit. Low and behold he has a Myspace. Enjoy.   
Monkey Devil!

http://www.myspace.com/sirgravesghastly 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1557 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:54 AM »

<a href="http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=NfhjqPpR4VXOaGwU&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab" target="_blank">http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=NfhjqPpR4VXOaGwU&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab</a>
Omg this is too Good ..hah. Nice KCJ.
Happy Halloween to All Monkeys

Very good!  Who is that cute blonde?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: November 04, 2009, 05:08:39 AM »

San !!!! I love your new avi 

Happy Halloween, have a screechin Saturday everyone! Big Red says so !

Great picture, Nonesy!

I remember Big Red before he grew into his name!  Where has the time gone?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1559 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:32 AM »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN[/

I am Bearlyhere and I approve of this message!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.