April 25, 2024, 06:55:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444547 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1600 on: November 05, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »

For Trimm, our good morning monkey!

Oh,thank you! I'll take him.   

will you share?! 
Morning Trim!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1601 on: November 05, 2009, 08:33:33 AM »

Good Morning  Miss Bearly

Hope you are feeling better today. 

Another week or so.

I was allergic/sensitive to the medicine they started me on weeks ago.  It should be out of my system by then!

For now I look like a lobster and feel like I have a very bad sunburn all over my body, on the roof of my mouth, and on my lips.   My ears are ringing so loudly I keep answering the phone and the door and no one is there.  Well, at least they are not at the door, someone may be on the phone when I answer it, but if they are, they are ringing a loud bell.

I have been telling people I died my skin for the World Series!

Oh, that sounds awful.  Sorry you've been soooo sick.
You may have acquired ringing, but you sure haven't lost your great wit!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1602 on: November 05, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

Another week or so.

I was allergic/sensitive to the medicine they started me on weeks ago.  It should be out of my system by then!

For now I look like a lobster and feel like I have a very bad sunburn all over my body, on the roof of my mouth, and on my lips.   My ears are ringing so loudly I keep answering the phone and the door and no one is there.  Well, at least they are not at the door, someone may be on the phone when I answer it, but if they are, they are ringing a loud bell.

I agree.  Bearlyhere seems to pick up steam no matter what's going on.  I'm glad she's on the mend.  I had a reaction to amoxycillin near the end of the prescription dosage...maybe 3 pills left.  I looked like a globe with all the large, raised hives all over.  It took a few weeks for it to subside.  Not fun. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1603 on: November 05, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

will you share?! 
Morning Trim!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1604 on: November 05, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »

will you share?! 
Morning Trim!

tee hee - is that a YES?!!!   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1605 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »

Another week or so.

I agree.  Bearlyhere seems to pick up steam no matter what's going on.  I'm glad she's on the mend.  I had a reaction to amoxycillin near the end of the prescription dosage...maybe 3 pills left.  I looked like a globe with all the large, raised hives all over.  It took a few weeks for it to subside.  Not fun. 
Oh that's terrible.  You must be very careful not to take that in the future.
When my son was 6 months old and hospitalized for asthma, he was given penicillin.  He reacted just hours after he was released from hospital.  To make a long scary story short, we rushed him back to the hospital where they gave him an antidote - his lips were blue - we almost lost him.  We were told penicillin or a derivative would kill him.  Hence years of nagging
to ensure he wore medical alert bracelet. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1606 on: November 05, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »

Link to thread on Ft. Hood mass shootings:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6433.new#new

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1607 on: November 05, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »

THANKs muffy! 

lets try this again! 

Check out my poor fish - not sure which one I feel worse for!

ok - this will be the LAST time I am trying this. Boy do I feel a bit stupid!

What the heck am I doing wrong? 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1608 on: November 05, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »

THANKs muffy! 

lets try this again! 

No worries.  I haven't spent time working with photos much yet myself, so I'm not the best person to help you.  (except that I can remove boo-boos)     You could try posting things on our test thread first to see if it works: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.msg1003953#new   It's a good place to practice new stuff. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1609 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:29 PM »

THANKs muffy! 

lets try this again! 

No worries.  I haven't spent time working with photos much yet myself, so I'm not the best person to help you.  (except that I can remove boo-boos)     You could try posting things on our test thread first to see if it works: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.msg1003953#new   It's a good place to practice new stuff. 

Good plan! Thanks I did not know that existed!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1610 on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »

Another week or so.

When my son was 6 months old and hospitalized for asthma, he was given penicillin.  He reacted just hours after he was released from hospital.  To make a long scary story short, we rushed him back to the hospital where they gave him an antidote - his lips were blue - we almost lost him.  We were told penicillin or a derivative would kill him.  Hence years of nagging

Yes, can, I know to tell doctors that I cannot take it, as I also had a reaction to a sulfa (sp?) drug. 

I'm glad your son got through that ordeal (& you, too). 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1611 on: November 06, 2009, 12:23:05 AM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/perry:_flags_at_half-staff
Perry: Flags at Half-Staff

Published : Thursday, 05 Nov 2009, 6:08 PM CST

DENTON, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday held an impromptu news conference from the Denton campus of the University of Texas.

Perry was at the school for a campaign event when he received word of a shooting at Fort Hood that killed 12 people and injured 31 others.

"Along with all Texans, Anita and I are keeping those affected today in our prayers, and hope that each of you would do the same," Perry said.

He also said Texas is always ready to offer support and resources to Fort Hood .

Perry said he planned to visit the base but said the appropriate people were currently in place to handle the situation.

Flags across Texas would fly at half-staff until Sunday because of the tragedy, he said

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1612 on: November 06, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1613 on: November 06, 2009, 06:12:24 AM »

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1614 on: November 06, 2009, 06:13:03 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1615 on: November 06, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

Good morning trimm, all the monks and our guests       

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1616 on: November 06, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »

Monken.....  Here is the info you asked aobut.
Each week, Sporting News' Matt Hayes ranks the Division I-A conferences and the teams within each league. Conf. rankings No. 1 SEC No. 2 Pac-10 No. 3 Big Ten No. 4 ACC No. 5 Big 12 No. 6 Big East Nos. 7-11 1. SEC 1. Florida 2. Alabama 3. LSU 4. Auburn 5. Tennessee 6. Mississippi 7. South Carolina 8. Georgia 9. Arkansas 10. Mississippi State 11. Kentucky 12. Vanderbilt Rising Tennessee: Lane ...
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-11-02/conference-call-watch-out-for-vols-sec

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: November 06, 2009, 08:08:09 AM »

Monken.....  Here is the info you asked about.
Each week, Sporting News' Matt Hayes ranks the Division I-A conferences and the teams within each league. Conf. rankings No. 1 SEC No. 2 Pac-10 No. 3 Big Ten No. 4 ACC No. 5 Big 12 No. 6 Big East Nos. 7-11 1. SEC 1. Florida 2. Alabama 3. LSU 4. Auburn 5. Tennessee 6. Mississippi 7. South Carolina 8. Georgia 9. Arkansas 10. Mississippi State 11. Kentucky 12. Vanderbilt Rising Tennessee: Lane ...
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-11-02/conference-call-watch-out-for-vols-sec

self edit.

~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1618 on: November 06, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »

Another week or so.

Yes, can, I know to tell doctors that I cannot take it, as I also had a reaction to a sulfa (sp?) drug. 

I'm glad your son got through that ordeal (& you, too). 

Yes, thank you!  Once we moved back to Canada, the hospitalizations stopped as we were away from the dampness/mildew that is one of his severest allergies and so permeated the island.   

I knew you would know not to take amoxicillin, (coz you are a smart Monkey!  lol) but concerned that there are other meds. containing same that would be detrimental.

We were told that any drug with "illin" in their name would be verboten.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1619 on: November 06, 2009, 08:49:38 AM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/perry:_flags_at_half-staff
Perry: Flags at Half-Staff

Published : Thursday, 05 Nov 2009, 6:08 PM CST

DENTON, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday held an impromptu news conference from the Denton campus of the University of Texas.

Perry was at the school for a campaign event when he received word of a shooting at Fort Hood that killed 12 people and injured 31 others.

"Along with all Texans, Anita and I are keeping those affected today in our prayers, and hope that each of you would do the same," Perry said.

He also said Texas is always ready to offer support and resources to Fort Hood .

Perry said he planned to visit the base but said the appropriate people were currently in place to handle the situation.

Flags across Texas would fly at half-staff until Sunday because of the tragedy, he said

and prayers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.