April 25, 2024, 12:50:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444502 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1700 on: November 10, 2009, 06:41:20 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1701 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:48 AM »

Good morning trimmy!  Good morning monks! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1702 on: November 10, 2009, 08:25:50 AM »

Nicholas Francisco found alive in California

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2625.new#new

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1703 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:43 PM »

I am bumping this post, because I think it is so important. It was posted by HEART on the Ft Hood thread.  I wish it could be put on the front page.

The Military Wire
ArmyNavyAir ForceMarinesMarine CorpsNational GuardSeattle

Army Wife Responds to Fort Hood

Last week's shooting at Fort Hood was one of the worst shooting sprees on a military installation. It has had a tremendous impact on those serving, both in the trenches and at the home front.

The following letter is from an Army wife who's husband is on his third deployment. This is her call to action. Please note, this is not an "official" statement on behalf of the Army but rather one wife's response to Fort Hood. And one to heed.

"We are going out on a mission and I won't be able to talk to you for three or four days. Sorry I missed you. Just wanted to tell you I love you." The cursor blinks on and off in the blue background on the monitor screen. I look at the time of his last message. 7:03. It is now 7:07. We overslept.
    "I'm here!" I type back, hoping to see his response and hear the familiar alerting pop of the messenger. Nothing. I missed him. Again.
    I hear the words form in my head. "What if that was the last time?" What if he dies on the side of the road in Iraq and I never had a chance to say those all important words?
    "I love you, too," I whisper.
    And so my day begins, as every day begins: with fear and panic. That familiar feeling originally gripped me one clear day in September 2001; then again with the first deployment, the second, now the third. It lives seething and swirling, toward Iraq and Afghanistan the moment my husband enlisted and left to fight two wars.

Now, since the incident at Fort Hood, that fear has come home to possess our military families within the gate. The online chat rooms, websites, and military support groups are filled with fear, rage, disbelief, compassion, and visceral pain. All previews of the impending implosion writhing beneath the surface.

Driving through the gates of another base, I feel the thick, heavy silence. The questions of "Why?" and "How?" ruling our minds. We have done all we can to serve, uphold, defend, remain steadfast and loyal. Hasn't that been enough?

Every military family held their breath while watching a tragedy unfold. All the while, begging the public to understand our pain. Not just document it.

I feel their pain. Hear their cries thundering in my ears. I fight the urge to curl up in a ball, hoping it all goes away and the opposing, relentless want to rip and shred until someone or something can feel the raw explosion in our already tired hearts.
    But now is not the time.

For every family member who loves one in uniform, every wife, mother, father, sister or brother who has watched a loved one walk away from your empty arms, I implore you: do not give in to the hate you feel. Do not give in to the fear racking our bodies. Do not give in to the overwhelming need to give up and walk away, allowing another to carry an extra burden for freedom. We are already weary, already torn and ripped apart, each of us playing a vital role in these wars. I understand, deeply. With my husband deployed, now wondering if his fellow soldier could shoot him, I am ready to crumble.

I ask you, one more time, to rise, stand. Find it within you to push aside the fear and the hatred. I implore you; do not let it eat you. Do not give into the frustration so that only a few carry this burden. Do not hate a group of people who had no role in pulling the trigger. We all want our marriages back. Our sanity. A sense of peace and a moment to breathe. We all want our children to feel like children again, rather than "military children" set apart from the rest. Once again, too much will be asked of us as we pull that familiar concrete armor over us and rise as the ambassadors and heart and soul of America.

I have no doubt you will. As you always have.
    For every civilian, every friend, every protestor, every media outlet in America, and our own President and First Lady, I beg of you, help us stand.

Now is not the time to "think of us." Now is not the time to wonder "I just don't know how you do it."

Now is the time to reach out and touch us. Yesterday, at my son's preschool a teacher reached out, her warm hand gripping my shoulder, and touched me. Her warmth and compassion released my tears. Finally.

Send flowers. Walk past your yellow ribbon and to our door. We need you to do this. We need a chance to feel our humanity when we have performed as an entity for too long.

Do not allow this to remain a "military tragedy." We have put our lives on hold and on the line for every American citizen. Do not let our pain go unnoticed because another story becomes more "newsworthy." Do not let us fall because we feel forgotten.

Remember us today and past Veteran's Day. Because we need you. If you can't drive to us, call. Listen when we finally break. See past our protective exterior and past our "can do" attitude and fierce pride. We are still standing, but not for long. Our legs are steady and true, but they are faltering. Our hearts are pounding with love for our country. But they are bleeding. We can carry the weight. But not right now.

I beg of you, rally behind us and give us new legs. Bleed with us. We need to hear you. We need to feel you. We may have put that line in the sand between us, but I am asking you to now step over it.

For every person welcoming home a soldier in the airport, we feel you. Every motorcycle thundering in front of a funeral procession, we hear you. For every person who creates postcards for our hurting children, stuffs dolls with images of their deployed parent, salutes a flag when a fallen one comes home to us, hugs a family member carrying the burden, we feel it. Do not stop.

America, we need you to stand not just with us, but for us. No, we will not ask for help. We will not reach out to you. We have already given all we have.

Put aside the politics, the newsroom breakdowns, the play-by-play tickers, and the right and left wing ideologies. Pull from your humanity. I beg of you. Because we cannot do this alone.

To learn more, visit the blog Her War ( http://www.herwarhervoice.com/ ) and hear the voices of our military spouses.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/militarywire/archives/184495.asp?source=mypi

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1704 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO LISTEN:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:58:19 PM by klaasend » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1705 on: November 11, 2009, 12:41:52 AM »

Thank You Klaas for the reminder. 

Thank you Fanny for bringing the post here.  an angelic monkey

God Bless America and all our Military and their Families. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1706 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:17 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1707 on: November 11, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »

A warm thanks to all of our Veterans, today and everyday. 

Good morning.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1708 on: November 11, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

THANK YOU ALL THAT HAVE SERVED OUR GREAT COUNTRY

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1709 on: November 11, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

For all our service men and women.

2 4 1
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1710 on: November 12, 2009, 03:49:33 AM »

Miss Bearly,

I am happy to read that you were able to eat something. Prayers headed your way to be feeling all better soon.   an angelic monkey

Thanks, GE!  I am still fighting to keep it going in the right direction.  The doctor says a couple more weeks I may get one thing out of my system. 

I cannot seem to stay hydrated, but I am trying.  Apparently water was not the best choice.  Pepsi caffeine free is the better choice, but even that tastes bitter.  My blood pressure is now up to 100/70 and my ears don't ring as much all the time and I am not crashing into walls.  But I am still sweating way too much and losing too much fluid.

My son is an angel on earth, I swear.  I do not know what I would do without him.  He is fine and has been going to school. 

I rest during the day but cannot sleep right yet.  I peek in here but fall asleep right away, wake up after 10 minutes, but feel too tired.  Once in a while I rally, but it is short lived.  I am much better than I was, though. 

First thing, just patience for 2 weeks while the medicine gets out of my system.

Aren't you sorry you responded?   

I miss you guys!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1711 on: November 12, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »

Bearly? Can't you tell BooBoo to go into the park and steal a picnic basket with something in it so tempting that you'll just chow down?   

Get Well soon!!!   

I can eat or drink anything I want!!!  For the first time in my life I can eat a thousand picnic baskets if I want to, I just can't!  They are more interested in my staying hydrated, but I am allowed to eat anything I want.

I did not pee for 3 days.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1712 on: November 12, 2009, 03:54:58 AM »

Trimm, don't air your dirty laundry in public!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1713 on: November 12, 2009, 04:02:32 AM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/monkey-on-the-run-in-east-tampa/1051111

Monkey on the run in East Tampa

By Robbyn Mitchell, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Thursday, November 12, 2009

TAMPA — A monkey on the loose near Rowlett Park got away clean Wednesday night, according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials.

Investigators stopped searching for the member of the macaque family just after 5:30 p.m., after spending half the day trying to identify and catch the primate.

It was first spotted in a residential community near E Sligh Avenue and N 30th Street at 11:07 a.m., said Gary Morse, a spokesman for the agency.

The then unidentified animal had climbed high into a tree, startling neighbors.

Eleven months earlier, the wildlife commission had been searching for a rhesus macaque in Clearwater, and ended up having to suspend the hunt when tips from the public didn't turn up the monkey.

Officials said then that Clearwater's monkey, last spotted Jan. 14, "seemed very streetwise and apparently knows how to avoid people."

In Tampa, an expert climbed up a ladder and got a good look at the animal and determined it was a monkey in the macaque family, Morse said.

"We have no idea where it came from," he said.

Morse said it fled from the tree where it had been hiding, and is believed to be in the area of Rowlett Park.

It's unclear when the wildlife commission will suspend its search.

Morse said the animal poses a safety risk because monkeys can carry serious diseases. And if it is accustomed to humans, it might let a person get close enough to infect someone, which is why owners must have a permit to keep a monkey.

"We just hope we can chemically subdue the animal," he said.

The agency has been in contact with several permitted monkey owners in the area, and no one is claiming responsibility for the wandering primate.

Investigators will make a decision about continuing the search Thursday morning, Morse said.
************************************************************************************

Okay, who is it? 

Fess up you naughty monkey!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1714 on: November 12, 2009, 04:08:58 AM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/monkey-on-the-run-in-east-tampa/1051111

Monkey on the run in East Tampa

By Robbyn Mitchell, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Thursday, November 12, 2009

TAMPA — A monkey on the loose near Rowlett Park got away clean Wednesday night, according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials.

Investigators stopped searching for the member of the macaque family just after 5:30 p.m., after spending half the day trying to identify and catch the primate.

It was first spotted in a residential community near E Sligh Avenue and N 30th Street at 11:07 a.m., said Gary Morse, a spokesman for the agency.

The then unidentified animal had climbed high into a tree, startling neighbors.

Eleven months earlier, the wildlife commission had been searching for a rhesus macaque in Clearwater, and ended up having to suspend the hunt when tips from the public didn't turn up the monkey.

Officials said then that Clearwater's monkey, last spotted Jan. 14, "seemed very streetwise and apparently knows how to avoid people."

In Tampa, an expert climbed up a ladder and got a good look at the animal and determined it was a monkey in the macaque family, Morse said.

"We have no idea where it came from," he said.

Morse said it fled from the tree where it had been hiding, and is believed to be in the area of Rowlett Park.

It's unclear when the wildlife commission will suspend its search.

Morse said the animal poses a safety risk because monkeys can carry serious diseases. And if it is accustomed to humans, it might let a person get close enough to infect someone, which is why owners must have a permit to keep a monkey.

"We just hope we can chemically subdue the animal," he said.

The agency has been in contact with several permitted monkey owners in the area, and no one is claiming responsibility for the wandering primate.

Investigators will make a decision about continuing the search Thursday morning, Morse said.
************************************************************************************

Okay, who is it? 

Fess up you naughty monkey!!!

I hope they did not send that woman from WS again, she wouldn't know a monkey if it was alive and kicking on her forum!

Monkey Devil!

I hope she is happier now that this is not on a MP thread.  I live to accommodate!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1715 on: November 12, 2009, 04:57:38 AM »

Really good news story.
Cord Blood Reverses Cerebral Palsy in Colorado Girl

Monday, November 09, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573265,00.html?test=faces

This made my bawl my eyes out.

I am so happy for this family. 

They thought my son had CP for several months during the first year of his life.  He walked ran at 9 months and blew them out of the water.  "They" drove me nuts with all of their "thinking" and still do.

This reminds me of my favorite saying of all time, "For those of you who say it can't be done, please get out of the way of those of us who are doing it."

My son's prognosis, for those of you who may not know, was that he would never talk or understand anything I ever said.  Then after pronouncing the fate of my child, this group of "educators" proceeded to tell me what kind of education plan they were going to give him.  I told them if that was the prognosis we were looking at after taking the plan they were going to give him, we didn't want any part of it.  We didn't take it, we researched and did it our own way, the rest is history. 

The school district finally took him into their classes in 7th grade (after a little encouragement from me--a tent on their front lawn), and he went from Advanced (highest) to Below Basic (lowest) in one year IN SCHOOL, on both the reading and math part of the standardized testing.  Do they listen?  Can they hear?  GMAB!

Please. please do not ever ever ever ever give up on a child.  We need to speak for those who cannot, until they can do it in their own voice.  If they cannot do it because they are deceased, missing, abused, exploited or speechless for any reason, we can never stop being their voice....ever. 

If you don't, who will?  Please don't leave it up to the next guy.  The next guy might have a totally different agenda, maybe even one that will hurt or kill our children.

I pray you will be their voices, Amen.

Monkeys give the little ones a safe soft place to rest their heads.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1716 on: November 12, 2009, 07:08:58 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Bearly   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1717 on: November 12, 2009, 07:25:12 AM »

Good morning Bearly,  Trimmy, monks and guests   sunny   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1718 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

Hey Muffy!! You're all decked out for Christmas in my thread whenever you're ready!   

Do my eyes deceive me? I think I see Bearly online!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1719 on: November 12, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »

Hey Muffy!! You're all decked out for Christmas in my thread whenever you're ready!   

Do my eyes deceive me? I think I see Bearly online!!   

Hi CBB 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.