April 24, 2024, 03:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #52 10/03/09 - 11/24/09  (Read 444468 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1920 on: November 22, 2009, 05:40:58 AM »

Yep...................... white chocolate raspberry:

http://www.haagendazs.com/products/ice_cream.aspx

Thanks!      That I can find.  A long time ago they had a milk chocolate with raspberries & quit making it, I didn't know they had this.  Or maybe it was Ben & Jerry's.   I usually just stick with our lil Texas creamery, Bluebell.  Their homemade vanilla really tastes like hand cranked ice cream.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1921 on: November 22, 2009, 05:41:09 AM »

oh wait, is Godiva the brand name of the ice cream?  or the flavor? 

Brand Name..........
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1922 on: November 22, 2009, 05:42:45 AM »

Well, guys, I need to get to bed. It's been great chatting with you!! Have a great night!!   

Bud's, I'll get your avi fixed and will check my e-mail!

Deenie? Be careful buying hats!   

Night! Sleep well and God Bless!!     

I love Hats lol..... for Deenie though I will offer my Care. If she would even allow me to put one on her head ..that's another story.  Smile
Good Night CBB

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1923 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:15 AM »

Thanks!      That I can find.  A long time ago they had a milk chocolate with raspberries & quit making it, I didn't know they had this.  Or maybe it was Ben & Jerry's.   I usually just stick with our lil Texas creamery, Bluebell.  Their homemade vanilla really tastes like hand cranked ice cream.

Last post....... really! I buy Bluebell too, Bud's, and I agree............ it's really good!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1924 on: November 22, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »

Night, CBB ... sweet dreams     

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1925 on: November 22, 2009, 05:51:46 AM »

Godiva's White Choc Raspberry is nothing to compare with -to Haggen Dazs.
Godiva's is like .omg. its like so Rich that its SIN. The white choc is not only in bits throughout its whipped within the ice cream itself. The raspberries are practically whole so you dont have all the seeds running through.  I hate Seeds.  Godiva Ice Cream actually frosts if you put it in a bowl within seconds .. It is so pure and Light yet richer than any Ice cream. I can't really explain .. but it is Sin. Haggen Daz rates a 7 - Godiva rates a 12. Just my opinion. And I can't even Eat it ... Uggh. Due to I am lactose intolerant. Does not mean I can't LOVE it though.

I hope you find it Buds Girl .. Its so Yum. It lives up to the name Godiva. They also have a Dark Belgium chocolate as well. Should I go on.. no its not fair if you can't find it  .. if you do find it though its incredible.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1926 on: November 22, 2009, 05:56:31 AM »

Godiva's White Choc Raspberry is nothing to compare with -to Haggen Dazs.
Godiva's is like .omg. its like so Rich that its SIN. The white choc is not only in bits throughout its whipped within the ice cream itself. The raspberries are practically whole so you dont have all the seeds running through.  I hate Seeds.  Godiva Ice Cream actually frosts if you put it in a bowl within seconds .. It is so pure and Light yet richer than any Ice cream. I can't really explain .. but it is Sin. Haggen Daz rates a 7 - Godiva rates a 12. Just my opinion. And I can't even Eat it ... Uggh. Due to I am lactose intolerant. Does not mean I can't LOVE it though.

I hope you find it Buds Girl .. Its so Yum. It lives up to the name Godiva. They also have a Dark Belgium chocolate as well. Should I go on.. no its not fair if you can't find it  .. if you do find it though its incredible.

you're killin me here, LOL.   I hope I can find it, may have just overlooked Godiva ice cream in the stores, sure hope so !!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1927 on: November 22, 2009, 06:00:44 AM »

BG I have been digging online for info for you - and I can't find anything recent. I swear literally that is sold in my market here .. But from what I am reading its No longer available.

Ugggh. I swear though its still on the market for sale. 

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1928 on: November 22, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »

BG I have been digging online for info for you - and I can't find anything recent. I swear literally that is sold in my market here .. But from what I am reading its No longer available.

weird, I just googled and found on some junk food forum, that they stopped selling Godiva ice cream in 2007.   

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1929 on: November 22, 2009, 06:08:05 AM »

weird, I just googled and found on some junk food forum, that they stopped selling Godiva ice cream in 2007.   
I don't understand it either.  Bummed that I got you so geeked. There is another Pint ice cream that is avail - Dove. Have you tried it? I bought it for my Bf ( my ex now) because he is a Choc whore sorry but he is .. You open up the pint and its a thick layer of frozen chocolate ( Dark & Milk)  and underneath is the ice cream.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1930 on: November 22, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »

Bud's Girl " Dove Website" they do have a Choc Raspberry

http://dovechocolate.com/products_icecream_p1.html

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1931 on: November 22, 2009, 06:14:09 AM »

I don't understand it either.  Bummed that I got you so geeked. There is another Pint ice cream that is avail - Dove. Have you tried it? I bought it for my Bf ( my ex now) because he is a Choc whore sorry but he is .. You open up the pint and its a thick layer of frozen chocolate ( Dark & Milk)  and underneath is the ice cream.

Is ok .... Any good brand with choc & raspberries will do, maybe can find the Haagen Daz. 

haven't ever seen Dove in a pint, but we buy the Dove bars in a box.  Thick chocolate coating over vanilla ice cream, yummy.   I have to buy 2 boxes & hide one in the freezer or they're gone lickety split !   

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1932 on: November 22, 2009, 06:24:25 AM »

Is ok .... Any good brand with choc & raspberries will do, maybe can find the Haagen Daz. 

haven't ever seen Dove in a pint, but we buy the Dove bars in a box.  Thick chocolate coating over vanilla ice cream, yummy.   I have to buy 2 boxes & hide one in the freezer or they're gone lickety split !   
I can eat Yogurt without falling over. I found this one flavor you may enjoy. Its made by Stoneyfield Farms  - the Yogurt with the Black and White Cow on the front. Its called Chocolate Underground.

OMG it is so so good. Its really different. When you open it, it appears to be Choc Pudding. Under the Choc is Vanilla Yogurt. You stir it and it becomes All that and Yum in a spoon.

It's not like a traditional yogurt. The Chocolate is almost tapioca like minus the pearls .. and you mix it up and it offers up a darker choc flavor not  milk  choc at all.. Its just really good.

www.stonyfield.com

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1933 on: November 22, 2009, 06:38:38 AM »

BG as a kid growing up " not poor, but not really even middle class " We would wait for the Ice Cream Man .. to come up the Blvd we lived on. We could actually hear the bells from blocks away and O we would just flip out ... back then though 1.00 or even 1.50 could get you 3 ice creams.  We would RUN to the House and Scream at the back Door - Ma the Ice Cream Man is coming ... And it was real tricky because we lived on a Blvd.
So that meant he was either heading East or West. We lived on the East side of the street. If he was traveling West we were not able to catch him. Because the street was so wide and had a huge median in the center. That and we were not allowed off our own sidewalk.

Was the True Blue Good Humor Ice Cream Truck. Not the trucks we see today. I was not able to eat ice cream so I would always get the frozen ice " was deep purple and white swirled" that you ate with a wooden spoon.  Grape and Lemon Ice If I recall.  And my Mom would always say " if it was on a Sunday" Get your Father a Toasted Almond Bar.
The first time I watched Eddie Murphy and his rendition of " The Ice Cream Man" I bout died. I had no makeup left on my face because I laughed so hard .. I cried. My neighbors were worse off than my brother and I. They would run with us to " Catch the Ice Cream Man's Attention" and yet their parents would never give them any money. So My brother would stand on the sidewalk and say to the neighbor boy/his best friend/same age .. I Got Ice Cream & You Don't.

That would have been in 69 or 70 .. and I remember to this day  " The Ice Cream Man" Memories. Those were the days. No longer.   

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1934 on: November 22, 2009, 07:00:48 AM »

Welcome back Bg - you were off for a few.

Do you have children in your neighborhood ? I don't have any. I never see any kids what so ever. Its what it is single people, couples or elderly. No kids none. No babies, nada. 

why I don't know, not that I live in an area that is unsafe or otherwise. I guess that the houses around me are too old and not big enough to raise a family in .. hmm. 

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1935 on: November 22, 2009, 07:05:58 AM »

BG as a kid growing up " not poor, but not really even middle class " We would wait for the Ice Cream Man .. to come up the Blvd we lived on. We could actually hear the bells from blocks away and O we would just flip out ... back then though 1.00 or even 1.50 could get you 3 ice creams.  We would RUN to the House and Scream at the back Door - Ma the Ice Cream Man is coming ... And it was real tricky because we lived on a Blvd.
So that meant he was either heading East or West. We lived on the East side of the street. If he was traveling West we were not able to catch him. Because the street was so wide and had a huge median in the center. That and we were not allowed off our own sidewalk.

Was the True Blue Good Humor Ice Cream Truck. Not the trucks we see today. I was not able to eat ice cream so I would always get the frozen ice " was deep purple and white swirled" that you ate with a wooden spoon.  Grape and Lemon Ice If I recall.  And my Mom would always say " if it was on a Sunday" Get your Father a Toasted Almond Bar.
The first time I watched Eddie Murphy and his rendition of " The Ice Cream Man" I bout died. I had no makeup left on my face because I laughed so hard .. I cried. My neighbors were worse off than my brother and I. They would run with us to " Catch the Ice Cream Man's Attention" and yet their parents would never give them any money. So My brother would stand on the sidewalk and say to the neighbor boy/his best friend/same age .. I Got Ice Cream & You Don't.

That would have been in 69 or 70 .. and I remember to this day  " The Ice Cream Man" Memories. Those were the days. No longer.   

whew   froze up again.  I think AOL is the problem tonight/this morning.

I only remember one ice cream truck when I was young Deenie.  But in 4th grade, I moved to a new school & made friends with a girl I'm friends with to this day.  And her daddy worked for a local ice cream company in the office.  I think that's where my thing for ice cream started.

They always had ice cream in their freezer, filled up.   And he would take us often on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to the plant & put us in these huge coats like military coats lined with fur & let us go into the plant's giant ice cream freezer storage with him. 

Definitely a kid's dream.   

Goodnight/morning  Deenie.... was so nice "seeing" you again.    I'll catch you later.   

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1936 on: November 22, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »

Do you have children in your neighborhood ? I don't have any. I never see any kids what so ever. Its what it is single people, couples or elderly. No kids none. No babies, nada. 

why I don't know, not that I live in an area that is unsafe or otherwise. I guess that the houses around me are too old and not big enough to raise a family in .. hmm. 

We do have a few children in our area.  We live in a rural area, houses kind of spread out.   They're the children of kids who were friends with my boys growing up ... those who built homes on their parents land, or inherited their parents homes.   But not near what we had when our children were growing up in the 70's & 80's.  The house was always full of kids back then. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1937 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »

We do have a few children in our area.  We live in a rural area, houses kind of spread out.   They're the children of kids who were friends with my boys growing up ... those who built homes on their parents land, or inherited their parents homes.   But not near what we had when our children were growing up in the 70's & 80's.  The house was always full of kids back then. 

Yep, not the same as it was once, where I grew up - kids everywhere. I live now in a neighborhood that the houses go back to the early 1900's. And they are not built to suit for " growing families" so it is .. small bungalows and such.  I can say that before I had my house " somewhat modified" I only had One closet in the entire house. Its very small. Bedrooms are incredibly small. Its fine for me, yet not for " kids".  guess that is why we have no children in our neighborhood.  When you see one walking around, or a couple of them on skateboards " you instantly know they are from another neighborhood" .. I watch them if their next to or in front of my property. I have to say for the most part they are Ok, good kids.
I wish to believe that they are. I have seen some things that I have had to call them out on. Only bec it was towards my house. Otherwise I would not say a word. I had two boys at 10am during a school day .. sticking bottle rockets into the grass of my house " directed to my house" with Lighters. they were at best 8, 10 yrs old. I went outside and stood on my porch and calmly asked them with the deepest voice I could offer - What are you doing? They both replied NOTHING .. I asked them - what is it your sticking into my Grass?
I was really upset, because I heard the one kid swearing due to the lighter would not light and I caught it earshot from my kitchen window.. That is how I found them. Within 5 mins of watching them and their lack of response in our conversation - I pretty much went Home Owner ballistic and yelled at them - that they better go Home or else. Kid's today just have no respect period. That used to be a saying back when, but Now its reality.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1938 on: November 22, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »

Good Morning.   

Deenie,I love your avi. 

Bud'sGirl,nice bike!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1939 on: November 22, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.