March 28, 2024, 04:03:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Knox GUILTY in Italy 2009 - Appealed/OVERTURNED 2011  (Read 108271 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/news-analysis/truth-of-this-terrible-tale-is-that-knox-is-a-victim-too-16059814.html
Truth of this terrible tale is that Knox is a victim too
October 7, 2011

::snipping2::
It was terrible, of course, to see the mother, and sister, and brother, of a young woman who had been left to bleed to death after having her throat slashed like a pig, walking in front of the world's cameras into a courtroom, as if walking in front of cameras was a normal thing to do when the smiling girl you loved would never come back.

But it was terrible too, to see the white face of the young woman in the black hooded jacket, who had waited, waited, waited for the words that were coming, and who looked as if she couldn't carry the burden of that wait for one moment more.

When the judge spoke, in terms that some people at first found so confusing that at least one newspaper briefly ran a story on its website saying that the young woman had lost her appeal, we couldn't see her face.

It's hard to imagine the path that took her from dreamy student life in the southern sun to a prison cell where she was told she'd spend 26 years for a crime she didn't commit.

It's hard to imagine the path for her then boyfriend of less than two weeks, too, a young man whom the world has largely ignored.

But the police - and justice - weren't on their side.

The man in charge of the investigation into the death of Meredith Kercher, Giuliano Mignini, insisted, even when a young man whose bloody handprints were found on Meredith's pillow confessed to being in the house, that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were the key movers in the murder.

It was Mignini who was happy to build a case on 'evidence' collected so clumsily that videos of it taking place drew howls of horror in court. There were, according to a report, more than 50 errors in the original case.
You can see why a prosecutor might think that the young woman and her boyfriend might be involved in the case and why he might want to find evidence that supported his view.

But it's quite hard to see why he would stick to that case, even when the evidence for it seemed to be extremely flimsy, and why he never seemed to consider the possibility that lack of evidence might mean he was wrong.

You can just about see why a prosecutor who was concerned with his professional reputation would be determined to stick with a story that seemed to get crazier every day.

Or perhaps it was just because, once there's a story, even if it's a crazy story, and even if it's not all that clear where it came from, that story seems to harden into something that feels like the truth.

And so it's important that story doesn't change, because if something that feels like a kind of truth can change, then anything can change. Perhaps that's why the Kerchers, too, seemed reluctant to believe Mignini might be wrong.

On Monday, they talked about the 'PR machine' and 'hype' that surrounded Amanda Knox's appeal, as if she was trying to market a pop album, and not trying to escape a life in jail.

They were right to remind the world of the girl at the heart of this terrible story, the girl they said had been "hugely forgotten".

But terrible stories don't have just one victim. "In this case," said Amanda Knox's lawyer, "there is no winner". Just a dead girl and a heartbroken family.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/08/amanda-knox-juror-never-believed-did-it/?test=latestnews
Amanda Knox Juror: I Never Believed They Did It
Published October 08, 2011
| Associated Press

ROME –  One of the jurors who overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction said Friday he was never convinced by the "conjecture" of the prosecution's case and that he believed the U.S. student and her co-defendant simply didn't kill her British roommate.

Mauro Chialli was one of eight jurors who on Monday ordered Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito freed after acquitting them of charges they sexually assaulted and murdered Meredith Kercher in 2007. Knox returned home to Seattle on Tuesday, and Sollecito to his home in southern Italy.

In an interview Friday with Italy's state-run RAI television, Chialli said he had spent a lot of time during the 10-month appeals trial reading the faces of Knox and Sollecito and determined they were telling the truth in insisting on their innocence.

"I saw the faces of these two kids, and they couldn't bluff. They didn't bluff. My point of view is that these kids weren't guilty. They weren't there," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/08/amanda-knox-juror-never-believed-did-it/?test=latestnews#ixzz1aDtP6yG7

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/italians-offer-to-help-british-murder-victims-family-learn-truth-20111009-1lftl.html
Italians offer to help British murder victim's family learn truth
October 10, 2011

The relatives of freed student Raffaele Sollecito think Meredith Kercher was murdered by Rudy Guede, who is in jail for the crime.

WHILE the world's spotlight was on Amanda Knox, her softly spoken former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, was awaiting his appeal verdict in the shadows.

The glare of publicity was directed unwaveringly on Miss Knox, leaving the 27-year-old Italian and his family content to bide their time until he was freed last week.

But now the family of Mr Sollecito have spoken out, and in an intriguing interview offered to help the family of the victim, Meredith Kercher, ''get to the truth'' about what happened to their daughter.

The Sollecitos said they believed Miss Kercher, 21, was murdered by Rudy Guede, who is serving 16 years in jail for the crime. However, they claimed that the full story had not been told. ''I want to send a message,'' his aunt, Sara Achille, told an Italian current affairs program. ''We worked to get to the truth to free Raffaele and we are prepared to continue that search with them [the Kerchers] because the truth that is out there is a partial truth.''

She said she wanted to help the Kerchers to ''achieve justice''.

The olive branch from the Sollecitos may offer some crumb of comfort to the Kercher family, who have been left dazed by the overturning of the pair's murder conviction. While Miss Knox returned to a triumphant homecoming in Seattle, with a pizza party and wine, lucrative television offers flooding in and her tear-stained, relieved face splashed across the world's screens, the Kerchers said they were ''back to square one''.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7383976n&tag=fdEmbedTooEarly
Amanda Knox: The untold story  Video at link
October 8, 2011 7:45 PM

"48 Hours" reveals Knox's personal accounts of cruel manipulation and sexual intimidation while in prison. Plus, never-before-seen video diaries from Amanda's best friend. Peter Van Sant reports.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7383976n&tag=fdEmbedTooEarly#ixzz1aIaPU1Tw

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047234/Amanda-Knox-fantastic-actress-says-bar-owner-accused-murder.html
Amanda Knox is a fantastic actress, says bar owner she accused of murder
By Nick Pisa
Last updated at 1:17 PM on 10th October 2011

The bar owner wrongly named as the killer of Meredith Kercher by Amanda Knox has condemned her as a ‘fantastic actress’.

Patrick Lumumba, 38, was arrested and spent two weeks in prison after Knox told detectives she ‘had covered my ears in the kitchen’ while ‘Patrick killed Meredith’.

However, the claim was false and Italian prosecutors alleged Knox had made it to throw suspicion off herself.

Mr Lumumba said: ‘I feel so angry. When I heard the verdict I was shocked for poor Meredith. I have always said that Amanda is a fantastic actress and that’s what she will always be for me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047234/Amanda-Knox-fantastic-actress-says-bar-owner-accused-murder.html#ixzz1aNlWPkP5

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/amanda-knoxs-life-bars-revealed-14703841
Amanda Knox's Life Behind Bars Revealed
New details about the U.S. student's rough treatment in Italian jail emerge.
02:40 | 10/10/2011

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047234/Amanda-Knox-fantastic-actress-says-bar-owner-accused-murder.html
By Nick Pisa

The bar owner wrongly named as the killer of Meredith Kercher by Amanda Knox has condemned her as a ‘fantastic actress’.

Patrick Lumumba, 38, was arrested and spent two weeks in prison after Knox told detectives she ‘had covered my ears in the kitchen’ while ‘Patrick killed Meredith’.

However, the claim was false and Italian prosecutors alleged Knox had made it to throw suspicion off herself.

Mr Lumumba said: ‘I feel so angry. When I heard the verdict I was shocked for poor Meredith. I have always said that Amanda is a fantastic actress and that’s what she will always be for me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047234/Amanda-Knox-fantastic-actress-says-bar-owner-accused-murder.html#ixzz1aNlWPkP5

This is what really gets me...if she was innocent then why the need to tell such a detailed lie of what happened...even if for the Italian law system.  Why accuse an innocent man if you yourself are innocent?  How could that be a coerced act?  I just don't get it?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »

By Nick Pisa

This is what really gets me...if she was innocent then why the need to tell such a detailed lie of what happened...even if for the Italian law system.  Why accuse an innocent man if you yourself are innocent?  How could that be a coerced act?  I just don't get it?

ITA..Why would she accuse an innocent friend who had employed her part time as a waitress...and she knew he was working that night...and he knew he had told her they were slow she didn't need to come into work...if she was so innocent and naive as everyone describes why would she even make up such a lie as she did to accuse an innocent person who had befriended her and given her a part time job?   I don't care what anyone else says or thinks..this woman is not innocent..she knows too many details of what happened that night..had no problem placing the balme on someone she knew was working and innocent and had befriended her...sorry ..she will always be another Casey Anthony in my mind and her parents have worked the media the same way as the A's..She got off..but she isn't anymore innocent then Casey is of her crime.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

I don't find her to be as horrible as Casey Anthony but I very much agree with you that she's not entirely innocent.  Girl knows something, that's for sure.  Something that would make her an accessory to the crime or a witness at least.  Did she witness some sort of game spiral out of control?  Did she do or say something to allow the murder to happen?  Did she goad or cheer on Meredith's attacker?  Only Amanda knows...and like Casey, she ain't talking. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:44 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/gals_too_pretty_to_convict_hRuTL5LacO68j6ljs1jUIL?utm_campaign=Post10&utm_source=Post10Alpha
Gals too pretty to convict
Last Updated: 5:21 AM, October 10, 2011
Posted: 2:10 AM, October 10, 2011

The world has a new, sleeker, prettier and more sympathetic Casey Anthony.

Casey -- say hey to Amanda Knox! You gals have a lot in common.

Knox is an American who was locked four years in an Italian prison, convicted of gouging the throat and sexually assaulting her British roommate, Meredith Kercher, who died in agony at age 21. But last week, Knox, along with her beau, Raffaele Sollecito, was set free by an Italian appeals court and shipped into the loving arms of her family, friends and fan club.

As she sprinted out of court for the last time, Knox made a pretty spectacle, sobbing and sniffling as onlookers mobbed her. But then, I caught sight of something Knox didn’t want me to see.

She grinned, and heartily.

I’m outta here, suckers!

At 24, Knox has her looks, her vitality and her life. She can write a book. Finish her education. Marry and divorce. But she deserves to be haunted by one question until the day she meets a more comfortable end than poor Meredith did.

Is Amanda Knox innocent?

The truth is murkier than a Florida swamp.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/gals_too_pretty_to_convict_hRuTL5LacO68j6ljs1jUIL#ixzz1aTHrAhuM

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »

By Nick Pisa

ITA..Why would she accuse an innocent friend who had employed her part time as a waitress...and she knew he was working that night...and he knew he had told her they were slow she didn't need to come into work...if she was so innocent and naive as everyone describes why would she even make up such a lie as she did to accuse an innocent person who had befriended her and given her a part time job?   I don't care what anyone else says or thinks..this woman is not innocent..she knows too many details of what happened that night..had no problem placing the balme on someone she knew was working and innocent and had befriended her...sorry ..she will always be another Casey Anthony in my mind and her parents have worked the media the same way as the A's..She got off..but she isn't anymore innocent then Casey is of her crime.
ITA - I don't think she is innocent, but I've been wrong before and will be again.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »

It boils down to this....do you want Amanda Knox for a roommate?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »

It boils down to this....do you want Amanda Knox for a roommate?

Hell to the no

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/10/12/daily-commentary-wednesday-october-12-2011-preview-of-tonights-radio-show/

Daily Commentary – Wednesday, October 12, 2011 – Preview of Tonights Radio Show

■With Blink from Blink on Crime and Clint van Zandt

Clint van Zandt will discuss Amanda Knox on tonight's show.  Dana says Clint was at the crime scene, has investigated this case, and has an opinion that may shock us.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/10/12/daily-commentary-wednesday-october-12-2011-preview-of-tonights-radio-show/

Daily Commentary – Wednesday, October 12, 2011 – Preview of Tonights Radio Show

■With Blink from Blink on Crime and Clint van Zandt

Clint van Zandt will discuss Amanda Knox on tonight's show.  Dana says Clint was at the crime scene, has investigated this case, and has an opinion that may shock us.

Should be interesting

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »

Sorry..got in your space..show sounds interesting

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:52:20 PM by klaasend » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2011, 07:16:51 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/letters/amanda_and_casey_pair_of_pretty_9yuPWPEgKEzKjww43ODcqO
Amanda and Casey: A pair of pretty little liars?
Last Updated: 9:55 PM, October 13, 2011
Posted: 9:44 PM, October 13, 2011

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/letters/amanda_and_casey_pair_of_pretty_9yuPWPEgKEzKjww43ODcqO#ixzz1akkZhlyu

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2011, 09:10:34 AM »

http://global.christianpost.com/news/amanda-knox-to-be-sued-for-12m-by-meredith-kercher-family-video-58787/
Amanda Knox to be Sued for $12M by Meredith Kercher Family (VIDEO)
Slain Student's Kin to Sue Amanda Knox

October 20, 2011

The family of slain foreign exchange student Meredith Kercher will be suing Amanda Knox for $12 million, according to a family spokesman.
Knox was released from an Italian prison 2 weeks ago after almost 4 years behind bars.

The Kercher family has decided to move forward with the civil suit against Knox, who was acquitted of murder.
Knox’s family raised the money for her legal bills with great difficulty, through civic organizations and other relatives. The costs for Knox's defense totaled over $1 million – and now Knox is faced with a $12 million lawsuit.

The Knox family has had no response to news of the proposed suit, the Kercher family is awaiting word from the Italian government on the specific reasons for Knox's acquittal before presssing foreward.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2011/10/20/seattle-pr-firm-reveals-efforts-to.html
Seattle PR firm reveals efforts to free Amanda Knox
October 21, 2011

David Marriott never visited Amanda Knox during her four years in an Italian prison.

He met her this month, when she stepped off a plane in Seattle.

Yet for Knox and her family, Marriott was as important a player in her ordeal as anyone in the courtroom. As Knox’s publicist, beginning three days after her arrest, Marriott worked to convince the international public that she did not murder her British roommate while studying in Perugia.

“Hiring him was one of the smartest things we ever did,” said Curt Knox, Amanda’s father.

The partnership between the Knox family and Marriott illustrates the potential of a public relations campaign to shift sentiment — and possibly even influence a verdict. With Amanda Knox safely back on American soil, Marriott and the family can now provide a behind-the-scenes glimpse of what went into the campaign.

Marriott, principal in the Seattle PR firm Gogerty Marriott, took on Knox in the face of a global onslaught of negative press. Once Italian authorities arrested the University of Washington    exchange student on suspicion of killing Meredith Kercher, Knox was labeled a vicious “she-devil” and sex-crazed “Foxy Knoxy” in media around the world.
By enlisting her friends and family, and targeting specific news organizations to tell the family’s story, Marriott eventually helped reshape how the world saw the young American. And now, with Amanda safely back home in West Seattle, Marriott turns to a new set of challenges.

Tabloid photographers snap Amanda’s errands and walks. Marriott said he and the family don’t try to hide her from the paparazzi, as that would just make her home another prison.

Then, there’s the need for money. Curt Knox and Amanda’s mother, Edda Mellas — they are not married to each other — have each said they’ve drained their retirement funds, taken out second mortgages and accrued credit card debt to pay for Amanda’s defense. So, in this new phase, lucrative media deals will be a consideration.
6 more pages...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.