April 23, 2024, 06:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extremely Drunk 2-Month-Old Expected to Be OK, Hospital Says  (Read 5635 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« on: December 05, 2006, 11:01:16 AM »

http://www.torontodailynews.com/index.php/HealthNews/2006120503drunk-baby

^ Sickening.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »

Poor little thing. I hope the baby has no lasting effects, such as cognitive deficiencies, or liver damage.
I am just heartbroken over what is happening to all these inncocent children.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:10:29 AM »

This baby needs to be removed from the home and placed in protective custody until this is fully investigated.  Sometimes I think you should have to take a test to have children!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »

Parents of Drunk Baby Speak Out

A Colorado Springs baby is recovering after being hospitalized with a blood alcohol level that was four times the legal limit for an adult.

11 News spoke exclusively with the parents of the baby and they both told us it was a terrible mistake. Rolling Eyes

The baby’s mother, Sarah Smith, says she accidentally poured about 3 ounces of vodka from a water bottle into a baby bottle and her 2-month old baby Kristina drank the whole thing.

"It was an honest mistake...I had no idea there was alcohol in the water bottle," Sarah said.

She says Saturday night she and her boyfriend Ryan went to get a hotel room...while Ryan was inside...Kristina got fussy and so Sarah made her a bottle like she always does. She says she grabbed Ryan's water bottle...which was actually full of vodka...and mixed it with formula. Twenty minutes later they realized something was terribly wrong.

"She didn't respond...she was moving her arms and legs...her eyes were droopy and she just wasn't right," Sarah said.

Kristina had alcohol poisoning...her blood alcohol was a .364. Her parents say they are still in disbelief over what happened.

"I don't know what I would have done if I would have lost her," Sarah said.

Baby Kristina is now in foster care...but her parents say they hope not for long.

"We're going to do whatever we need to get her back," said her father Ryan Delaroche.

Police have yet to file any charges in the case...they say they are still investigating what exactly happened.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/4826861.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »

Police did not return a message left after hours by The Associated Press seeking to confirm the woman's story, though police have said the mother has given conflicting accounts.

Smith said that the accident happened Saturday night when the baby's father went into a store to get diapers and the baby became fussy while they waited in the car.http://cbs4denver.com/local/Colorado.News.Colorado.2.554561.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah Smith said she and her boyfriend Ryan Delaroche were getting a hotel room on Saturday. When Ryan stepped away, Smith said she used his bottle of water bottle [sic] to mix with her baby's formula, not knowing the bottle was full of vodka.
She mixed in 3 ounces of liquor and two-month-old Kristina's finished the bottle.

Smith said, "It was an honest mistake. . . . I had no idea there was alcohol in the water bottle."

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009353

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.