April 26, 2024, 01:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abused 3 wk. old girl dies/father charged w/ child abuse & homicide Chandler AZ  (Read 5636 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 15, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

UPDATE: Abused 3-week-old baby dies

12:13 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CHANDLER -- Police say the 3-week-old baby was was abused, allegedly by her own father, has died.

The baby girl's father, Brian Mark Hopf, was arrested after the baby was admitted to the hospital with life-threatening injuries more than a week ago.

The 25-year-old was facing charges of child abuse. Now that the infant has died, an additional charge of homicide has been filed against Hopf.

ORIGINAL REPORT>>>>>>>>>

Father allegedly physically and sexually assaults newborn

CHANDLER – A 3-week old baby is fighting for her life at a Valley hospital, and police believe her father is the one who put there.

Brian Mark Hopf, 25, was arrested after his baby daughter was admitted to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

He is now being held at the Fourth Avenue Jail, accused of abusing the infant.

That abuse, according to police, was both physical and sexual. Chandler police detectives say it's the worst case of child abuse they've ever seen. Hopf's bond has been set at $500,000.

His daughter, meanwhile, lies in the hospital. Her injuries include three skull fractures, broken ribs and irreversible brain damage.

Hopf told police he is a meth user and those injuries were caused after he accidentally poked his daughter in the eye while trying to feed her milk. He said she started crying so powerfully she stopped breathing so he tried to give her CPR. He said he then tripped while carrying the baby to her crib and dropped her. According to Hopf, she hit her head on the door jamb when she fell.

According to doctors, that's not how the baby was hurt. They say her injuries are consistent with blunt-force trauma. They also say there is evidence that the 3-week-old baby girl was sexually abused, as well.

The baby's mother reportedly was asleep when all of this happened. She said she noticed the bruises on her daughter's body when she woke up. She took the baby to the hospital. That's when doctors determined the infant had been abused.

Hopf has been arrested before for domestic violence. Police say his rap sheet also includes arrests for drugs, which he has admitted using.

The child-abuse charges Hopf faces now could be changed to homicide charges if the baby does not survive.
http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/chandler-news-090809-father-child-abuse.15e6f55b0.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »

Poor Baby Girl!   

This man is a monster!  I hope the defence does not play "it was the Meth that made me abuse my 3wk baby" card.  Or the "I'm really a good person when I'm sober" strategy.  For society's sake he needs to be locked up for a long time!
allalone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:31:52 PM »

This happened in the city I live in. It's very sad and very disturbing. That poor baby suffered for a whole week before passing away.

Because of the nature of abuse, I bet this guy doesn't last long in Prison! I hope he suffers the way his daughter did!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.