March 29, 2024, 06:20:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #22 9/20/09 - 9/23/09  (Read 447032 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »

IIRC....it was psoted here in SM...yesterday or Friday that there was no entrance to this pond that was big enough for a car to get close to this pond. I know LE had to get a bulldozer to make a clearance to get the pumps in there. So how did a car get into the pond?
I have about as much faith in what Cobra, TJ and ART and Simon Barrett have to say, as I do in what Misty Croslin says, and that ain't jackchit

good point Darla! and I agree...I don't believe anything much that any of that bunch has to say...jmo

Cookie, yeah, that's a point too.  But if that's true, then how is it that this place is suppposedly a community place for swimming?  Think I heard that on blogtalk too.

dunno..maybe they park farther back and walk in for swimming and partying...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »

IM posted these pictures a day ago of the search in the pond.  

Hi all monkeys,

JMO .. but if you are looking for a gun, a body, a blanket, I don't think you'd necessarily do it this way!  Maybe the local monkeys know whether this is a mucky bottomed pond or whether it has pretty solid footing, but most ponds here in Florida, I think, are pretty mucky.  Tramping through it is apt to bury what you're looking for!  Now, if you're searching for a vehicle, then maybe you DO do it this way??  Whad'ya think?

That's what I posted Friday night, because if they were looking for instance for small bones, they would shove them further in the muck and possibly never find them which is the exact reason Tim M didn't want the 4 wheelers looking for Caylee when that area was flooded.

Island ... sorry I missed that post.  Great mind think alike??  LOL

LOL~Fridday I know I missed 1/3 of the post because of all the action.......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

IIRC....it was psoted here in SM...yesterday or Friday that there was no entrance to this pond that was big enough for a car to get close to this pond. I know LE had to get a bulldozer to make a clearance to get the pumps in there. So how did a car get into the pond?
I have about as much faith in what Cobra, TJ and ART and Simon Barrett have to say, as I do in what Misty Croslin says, and that ain't jackchit
The entrance to the pond was indeed there, just not big enough for the big truck carryin the equipment, it was like a two wheel path road,but it was accesable, and I think they just made it wider to accomadate all the stuff they were bringing in..

That's the impression I got too.  From looking at Ger's pictures, it looked like their was access by car.  Also, didn't someone report that is where children would swim?  Something about canceling their swimming there for now.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »

http://www.alexcia.com/child.shtml

Posted on Marie's twitter......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »

Cece...I am betting that some wise monkey will be showing up with a good picture for us to look at pretty soon to give us a better idea of what the area looks like as far as cars being able to enter/exit

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »

OOps.  Sorry, that was already answered.  Guess I need to pay better attention.   an angelic monkey

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »

Sheriff's Office quiet about pond in Haleigh case
Team searches pond bottom; results could be revealed Monday

* By Dana Treen
    * Story updated at 7:25 PM on Sunday, Sep. 20, 2009

PALATKA — When Melissa Goudy learned the caravan of law enforcement vehicles that swept past Messer’s Westside Bait and Tackle late in the week were headed to a search for the still missing Haleigh Cummings, it hurt already bruised emotions, she said.

“My heart is in my feet and has been for months,” the 33-year-old clerk said.

Sunday, workers finished draining a pond on Florida 19 south of Palatka in the latest move in a seven-month search for evidence in the case of the missing Satsuma girl. The kindergartner was 5 when she was reported missing early on Feb 10.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said a foot search of the pond bottom was being conducted Sunday.

He said any results from the search would be revealed today. Authorities have not said what they are looking for.

Goudy lives near the pond that was one of the larger of many in the low, wooded area on the south side of Florida 19 just south of Palatka.

“Just like all the others that live out there, I want to know what happened,” Goudy said. “There’s a lot of people in this town that want to put closure to it.”

She said she fears what will be found.

“It’s not going to be good when they find her,” she said. “They know what happened to her but they’re not saying anything because they don’t have the evidence.”

The pond search began about the time investigators interviewed Hank 'Tommy’ Croslin Jr., whose sister is now Ronald Cummings wife and was the one who reported Haleigh missing in February. At the same time, detectives also interviewed Kristina 'Nay Nay’ Prevatt, an acquaintance of Cummings' wife, Misty Croslin Cummings.

Authorities said the interviews were not related to the search.

At the U.S. Veterans Post 104 on Florida 19, post commander Jerry Schallenberg said searching the pond bottom for evidence will likely be a difficult job.

“It’s full of beer bottles and God knows what else out there,” he said.

He said the post was willing to provide food for the crews but that authorities wanted to be careful not to draw attention to the search at first.

Officers with sheriff’s offices in Putnam, Clay and St. Johns joined in the search that used pumps to remove the water and redirect it into the St. Johns River.

The national spotlight the case has drawn has also shined on the rural county.

Schallenberg’s wife, Terry Schallenberg, said that light has not always been favorable but she believes Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has done as well as could be expected with a small department.

“Putnam County is not a bunch of yahoos,” she said.

Updates

Earlier mass speculation prompted the Sheriff's Office to provide some updates Saturday. The search is the result of one of more than 4,000 tips received. Recent information included that there is possible physical evidence in the pond.

The Sheriff's Office said the search was not prompted by the coincidental interviews with Hank Croslin Jr., a recently jailed brother of Misty Cummings, or her former acquaintance Kristina Prevatt.

On Friday, authorities with the Sheriff's Office said the search was merely a training or marijuana eradication exercise.

Saturday, they said divers were looking for possible evidence and that the pond, described by neighbors as 2 to 3 acres, was being drained to shrink the area for them.

The St. Johns County and Clay County sheriff's offices are assisting in the search.

St. Johns Sheriff David Shoar said his agency was called mid-week and asked for help from their special-operations team that includes divers and the air unit.

To improve access to the pond in the rural area off Stokes Landing Road, an access road was bulldozed into the woods off Florida 19. Neighbors said the pond is popular for fishing and accessible on a pair of narrow dirt roads. It is known locally as the L-Shaped Pond.

Times-Union writer Matt Galnor contributed to this report.
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-09-20/story/sheriffs_office_quiet_about_pond_in_haleigh_case

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

good point Darla! and I agree...I don't believe anything much that any of that bunch has to say...jmo

Cookie, yeah, that's a point too.  But if that's true, then how is it that this place is suppposedly a community place for swimming?  Think I heard that on blogtalk too.

Good evening Monkeys,

"Friday Rumor"

A "four wheeler" was pulled out of the pond, Dune Buddy, A.T.M.?  That would sound more logical if true.
A vehicle like a  ATV would be easy to be stolen and maniver around that area. I don't know where I read it on the net, because
I discount so much of what I read:)

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

Cece...I am betting that some wise monkey will be showing up with a good picture for us to look at pretty soon to give us a better idea of what the area looks like as far as cars being able to enter/exit

I'm not a wise monkey, but here is a pic from Ger of one of the street entrances next to the one to the pond:

This is a pic of the driveway, after cleared, to the pond:

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »

To improve access to the pond in the rural area off Stokes Landing Road, an access road was bulldozed into the woods off Florida 19. Neighbors said the pond is popular for fishing and accessible on a pair of narrow dirt roads. It is known locally as the L-Shaped Pond.<snipped>

I guess that answers that question.....ask and it shall appear...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »

If that does'nt tear your heart up.....you just don't have a heart

So Sad But So True.....Misty you need to watch this

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »

I'm sorry, but I just do not believe that this search as planned is over.

They didn't want to tell us in the beginning, and now they say it is finished?

I just don't see why they spent the money, plowed out this road, hired outside companies to assist such a junk area - if they were not, as they said, planning to invesitgate findings on Monday.

Darla - I feel the same way as you re: TJ Hart and Cobra.  Today was the first time I listened to BNN Radio, but it sounded like they were all sitting around the kitchen table regurgitating what we already know.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »

I just don't see why they spent the money, plowed out this road, hired outside companies to assist such a junk area - if they were not, as they said, planning to invesitgate findings on Monday.

Darla - I feel the same way as you re: TJ Hart and Cobra.  Today was the first time I listened to BNN Radio, but it sounded like they were all sitting around the kitchen table regurgitating what we already know.
Boy did you hit the nail right on the head with that statement.......

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »

I thought there was rumor last week that after they pumped out the pond they were going to have TES come and search?
I saw that too klaas, somewhere.

Hi guys ! No, I am not a troll, just a lurker.
IMO these officials would benefit from contacting TES.
I believe Tim Miller has all sorts of sophisticated equipment to
seaarch in the water for this baby.

One of those hill...... harmed her, and I hope they are held accountable.
I am so disgusted with the # of "adults?" harming children.

Good to see you LEP
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »

Bringing forward the wesh video link (that Trimm posted) in case anyone missed it.
(Great shots of the pond from the air)

http://www.wesh.com/video/21026235/index.html

crimedontpay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »

May I ask a silly  question?  Is there a setting here somewhere that updates the page each time a post is made?  I have been refreshing my screen over and over and wonder if there's a setting so that I won't have to do that.  Thanks in advance ...

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:32 PM »

Boy did you hit the nail right on the head with that statement.......

OMG - your avi is hilarious...!!!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:39 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.