March 28, 2024, 05:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #22 9/20/09 - 9/23/09  (Read 447003 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2009, 08:26:28 AM »

TRUE or FALSE?? 

www.thesky973.com

Posted: Monday, 21 September 2009 5:52AM

Haleigh Update: Pond Drained Near Palatka, No Body, No Car

TJ Hart

Sunday, workers finished draining a pond on Florida 19 south of Palatka in the latest move in a seven-month search for evidence in the case of the missing Satsuma girl. Haleigh Cummings was 5 when she was reported missing early on Feb 10.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said a foot search of the pond bottom was being conducted Sunday.

He said any results from the search would be revealed today. Authorities have not said what they are looking for.

Highlights from the weekend search

Search of the L pond in the Mondex began last week

Deputies/Detectives and others at PCSO told locals the activity at the pond was 1) a training exercise 2) search for stolen property (atv’s) 3) evidence in a drug case

Maj. Gary Bowling late Friday told the Palatka Daily News that the search was being conducted for evidence in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings

False rumors spread like wildfire: 1) a submerged car had been found with skeletal remains of a small child inside 2) a car was taken from the pond on a flatbed truck  3) Nay Nay Prevatt had told officers that the “car” belonged to Greg Page  4) Misty had shot herself     

PCSO says no body and no car was found in the pond.

Hardy issues statement to quell rumors regarding misleading information blaming internet stories

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2009, 08:33:12 AM »

OT clip of Christopher's trial - I hope/pray all 3 of those POS get the Death Penalty and I am speaking kindly as I can here!  That poor baby's story broke my heart.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2009, 08:42:08 AM »

If this pond is only 5 ft deep and people have been swimming in it all summer , why has no one seen the car before now? Just not adding up for me.

Do people really swim in that mud hole?   You wouldn't catch me swimming in it.   

No way.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48:29 AM »

good morning everyone.

i sent this to TJ Hart last night when I was irritated:

I wrote:  "i listened to the BNN today...

...for the first time.

thanks for somewhat clearing up the discrepancy with news4jax, but I think that this search is NOT over as they reported.

The draining may have been finished, but as you said, LE WILL be reporting for work in the morning. "

He replied:  "agreed---they will still poke around in there for a bit"

so, I don't know.  I don't know why they would've let media in there last evening if it was still being searched.  This is incredibly frustrating.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:25 AM »

Morning Monks..
hoping today we will hear some news of Haleigh and that she will be found...

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »

I also asked him if a formal statement will be coming out today as promised - he said one statement has already come out through back channels (whatever that means...) and that he expects another statement sometime today.

He said he has canceled his live broadcast that he was going to do today.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2009, 08:53:10 AM »

I'm sorry, but I just do not believe that this search as planned is over.

They didn't want to tell us in the beginning, and now they say it is finished?

I just don't see why they spent the money, plowed out this road, hired outside companies to assist such a junk area - if they were not, as they said, planning to invesitgate findings on Monday.

Darla - I feel the same way as you re: TJ Hart and Cobra.  Today was the first time I listened to BNN Radio, but it sounded like they were all sitting around the kitchen table regurgitating what we already know.

And after watching the video of it drained I doubt a car was pulled from it either.  A car pulled from there would have left 2 long deep drag marks that would be very easily seen from that helicopter view.  You can see where the tube pumping the water out lay and one other single mark off to the left in the wide view but no wheel drag marks atleast none I saw. This is purely my speculation,  jmo.

my post from yesterday - anybody else see drag marks on that video? 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »

I just don't see why they spent the money, plowed out this road, hired outside companies to assist such a junk area - if they were not, as they said, planning to invesitgate findings on Monday.

Darla - I feel the same way as you re: TJ Hart and Cobra.  Today was the first time I listened to BNN Radio, but it sounded like they were all sitting around the kitchen table regurgitating what we already know.

And after watching the video of it drained I doubt a car was pulled from it either.  A car pulled from there would have left 2 long deep drag marks that would be very easily seen from that helicopter view.  You can see where the tube pumping the water out lay and one other single mark off to the left in the wide view but no wheel drag marks atleast none I saw. This is purely my speculation,  jmo.

nope...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21005898/detail.html
Crews Search Pond In Haleigh Cummings Case
Caller Says Crews Searching In Mondex Subdivision

POSTED: 11:18 am EDT September 19, 2009
UPDATED: 8:28 am EDT September 21, 2009
PALATKA, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it received information over the weekend that there is possible physical evidence in the Haleigh Cummings investigation located in a large pond south of Palatka.

A WESH 2 caller said crews were searching in an undeveloped subdivision in Putnam County called Mondex on Saturday and Sunday.
"It's a place back in here in the ponds that (are) further on down, where they go to have their fun in the mud holes, but very few people come back in here on the north end of the Mondex," said Putnam County resident Ronald Charles Ussery.

Locals said it wouldn't be a shock if Haleigh's body was found in the area.
"I wouldn't be surprised, because there are so many rumors that she's out here," said Putnam County resident Brooke Owens. "We've been hearing so much, so I wouldn't be surprised."

PCSO Lt. Johnny Greenwood said Saturday that Sheriff Jeff Hardy wanted to quell any rumors that Haleigh's body had been recovered. He also said that the PCSO has received numerous calls regarding a search currently being conducted south of Palatka.

"It has been our position that we will not discuss operations or searches prior to their completion," Greenwood said.

Saturday's search is the result of one of more than 4,000 tips received in this case, Greenwood said.

Divers from the PCSO, St. Johns County Sheriff's Office and Clay County Sheriff's Office conducted underwater searches in the area. In an attempt to assist the divers, the decision was made to lower the water level in the pond to reduce the search area, Greenwood said.

It took some time for the pumps to work and the water to recede, but it eventually drained, helping searchers look for evidence and possibly find out what happened to Haleigh.
The brother of the missing girl's baby sitter spoke with investigators this week after being arrested on a grand theft charge. Although the sheriff's office said it wasn't related to Haleigh's disappearance, Hank Croslin agreed to be questioned about that case. Authorities said three other inmates also were questioned.

Greenwood said, although coincidental, the recent interviews did not provide the information which led to the search. However, he would not release any details about the interviews.

"Although we continue to interview people in this case every single day, there have been no significant developments to report," Greenwood said.

Croslin's sister, Misty, was baby-sitting Haleigh when the girl vanished from her father's mobile home in February.

Haleigh's paternal great-grandmother said the police department hasn't been very forthcoming with information on its investigation.

"We want Haleigh home, we want Haleigh found, and we would appreciate the sheriff's department doing whatever they can and whatever they have done," said Haleigh's paternal great-grandmother Annette Sykes. "But the fact of the matter is we don't know anything that they've done because they haven't bothered to tell us. All we get is they are following leads. Well, they've been following leads since the day they she was gone. What does that mean?"
Sykes said she knew nothing about this weekend's search.

"Well, I'm following leads, and that's exactly what I did yesterday when I went down there -- I followed a lead," she said.

The search for physical evidence through Sunday night, as the last person to see the Haleigh was brought into the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. WESH 2 News has learned that Misty Croslin, the wife of the child's biological father, was picked up by investigators, brought to the sheriff's office and released hours later.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »

Images of Haleigh.  http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18711660/detail.html

Video.  http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18711660/detail.html

From article posted.

~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:52 AM »

I didn't see any drag marks - and I think it was Darla who brought up the point that there is no road into that area anyway.  How would a car get into that pond?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

Here's the link to the video:    http://www.wesh.com/video/21026235/index.html

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »

thanks for the link..
ughhhh...I agree with others, who would swim in that water? looks like a good area to get a disease of some sort...animal carcasses disposed of there and people actually swim in it? yuk...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:41 AM »

Good Morning, I believe they have found evidence, but I just don't think a car was pulled out of that muck, but I guess we will have to wait and see 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »

Good Morning All!

Has the Putnam County Sheriff's Booking office locked us out?  I can't gain access.

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »

Good Morning All!

Has the Putnam County Sheriff's Booking office locked us out?  I can't gain access.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2009, 09:53:47 AM »

Good Morning All!

This one working fine for me:
http://public.pcso.us/jail/booking.aspx

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

Thanks Klaas 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:44 AM »

Thanks,Tupelo. 

~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »

Thanks Klaas!

Looks as if they are on strike or something 

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.