March 29, 2024, 06:07:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DNA from 2006 sexual assault in Austin, TX matches Albuquerque NM crimes  (Read 4191 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 17, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/09/17/sexual_assault_suspect_dna_fro.html

DNA from 2006 sexual assault matches Albuquerque crimes

By Andrea Lorenz | Thursday, September 17, 2009, 04:01 PM

Police in Albuquerque, N.M., have matched the DNA from a serial rapist in that area with DNA found at the scene of a sexual assault in Austin in 2006, Austin police Cpl. Scott Perry said.

The nature of the assaults had made it difficult to create a sketch of the suspect because in each case, the man put a rag soaked in a chemical over the woman’s face and knocked her out before assaulting her, Perry said. In the Austin incident, which took place in May 2006, a man assaulted a woman while she was sleeping in her home on 55 1/2 Street, Perry said.

Recently, police were able to create a sketch of the suspect from the Austin and Albuquerque cases thanks to a possible botched sexual assault during a robbery.

Albuquerque police matched the DNA from the suspect they believe committed several rapes in that city between 1991 and 2001 with DNA found in an unsolved robbery case. The victim in that incident told police the man tried to put a rag over her face, but she was able to fight him off and see his face.

Anyone with information about the suspect pictured below should call Austin police, or 911.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »

Oooooo WOW! I'll copy this over to the NM thread! Thanks Muffyyyy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.