May 28, 2024, 02:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #23 9/20/09 - 9/26/09  (Read 506261 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: September 24, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »

http://www.uslawbooks.com/books/forgery.htm

<snip>
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Forgery
What is the definition of FORGERY?

The Black's Law, American College, and Random House dictionaries along with the court citations below define FORGERY as:

The making, drawing, or altering a document with the intent to defraud. A signature made without the person knowing of or consenting to it.

The law and the courts say:

The Modern Penal Code (MPC sec. 224.1) states that a person is guilty of forgery if:
a) a actor or person alters any writing of any person,
b) makes, completes, executes, authenticates, issues, or transfers any writing so that it purports to be an act of another who did not authorize the act or to have been at the time or place or in a numbered sequence other than was in fact the case, or to be a copy of an original when no such original existed; or
c) utters any writing which he knows to be forged.

"Forgery is a crime when it includes the representation of handwriting of another and the act of uttering as true and genuine any forged writing knowing the same to be forged with intent to prejudice, damage, and defraud any person."
State v. May 93 Idaho 343, 461 P. 2d 126, 129.

"Crime of forgery is committed when one makes or passes a false instrument with the intent to defraud, and the element of loss or detriment is immaterial."
People v. McAffey, 182 Cal. App.2d 486, 6 Cal. Rptr. 333,337

"The false making of an instrument, which purports on the face of it to be good and valid for purposes for which it was created, with design to defraud any person or persons."
State v. Goranson, 67 Wash.2d 456, 408 P.2d 7,9.
How do we prove a forgery?

Proving it involves reviewing the totality of the law regarding the facts in evidence. This includes the signatures, a competent analysis of the signatures and an understanding of the law as it applies to the case.

Forgery is a crime. When it involves your signature it is the theft of your identity. It is not to be accepted or tolerated and you are legally protected from it. Understand the law.

Is every forgery a Crime?

Although a true forgery is a crime not every crime is actionable or subject to prosecution.

When is it prosecutable?

Generally when the forgery involves substantial amounts of money, or property and the crime meets the established threshold of the law. The prosecuting authorities for the venue and jurisdiction generally make that determination.

When is it not actionable?

Generally when there is no large pecuniary or other substantial loss prosecution is unreasonable.

How about  a will, contract, or negotiable instruments?

Often  forgery cases start off with a civil action and investigation and at some point the case may rise to a level of criminal standing. When at criminal standing it can be given to the criminal prosecuting authorities.

<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #741 on: September 24, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »

Thanks, well Lisa is in some big trouble, with a felony and forgery, I wonder what Hank knows about all this, he will probably be next 
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: September 24, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

The first thing that comes to mind with the forgery is the red truck.

And that's probably because I'm thoroughly confused as to whose it was versus who sold it. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: September 24, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »

And that's probably because I'm thoroughly confused as to whose it was versus who sold it. 
  You may be right 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »

You mean maybe a title or related documents may have been forged?  I know we are in swampy territory and just making guesses though.  Speculating just might add to the already enormous mountain of rumors

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: September 24, 2009, 05:36:46 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/24/inmate_says_she_knows_what_happened_to_haleigh_cummings.html
  Letter Claims Haleigh Overdosed On Oxycontin
Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:35:51 PM
Reported By Saul Saenz

PALATKA -- A letter leaked by The Sky 97.3 FM News Talk, a Gainesville radio station, could shed some light as to what happened to Haleigh Cummings, 6, the Putnam County girl who disappeared from her Satsuma home Feb. 9.

The  was sent by Kristina Prevatt from the Putnam County Jail where she was taken on drug charges.

Prevatt is reportedly a close friend of Haleigh’s stepmother, Misty Cummings
In the letter Prevatt wrote:

"We were all over at a party at Chad's house and Haleigh got a hold of some Oxycontin and died. We supposedly freaked out and Greg put her (Haleigh) in a black bag in my car, and we took her to a pond by the Mondex."

Putnam County Sheriff's deputies said the release of the letter by the radio station was done before verifying those details.

"This is pretty significant. This is basically saying that this child died as a result of an overdose and that would be news to us," said Rick Ryan from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

This past weekend, deputies came to the Mondex pond searching for clues.

Deputies said they knew about the letter and its contents before it was released to the public.

However, they said the letter is not the reason that they drained the pond this past weekend.

"Absolutely not. This was a totally separate tip that we got and we were searching for specific evidence," Ryan said.

Deputies said they did not find any evidence. In fact, they said they are moving on to other clues in hopes of finding the 6-year-old missing now for eight months.
”Anything that was in that letter we've already .. We're not naïve. We already looked into it, so it's insignificant to us, the letter is at this point," Ryan said.

Deputies point out Prevatt is relaying information given to her and actually denying her involvement in a homicide case.

Prevatt claims in the letter, and to detectives, she was never at that supposed party the night Haleigh disappeared.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: September 24, 2009, 05:37:13 PM »

I bet it was....I think that I read that Misty said that Tommy sold it out from under her dad so maybe Lisa forged his signature....wouldn't that be something if her own husband filed forgery on her?
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: September 24, 2009, 05:37:16 PM »

Just heard that Hank Croslin just left satsuma and NayNay wrote another letter, this time to her family....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: September 24, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »

I do not know how I put that skater in my post.  Sorry.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #749 on: September 24, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

Misty's mom Lisa.. taken into jail in TN, as of today at 3:11:50p

But last name spelled Crosling  lol

http://dcso.nashville.gov/inmatesearch/pages/Search.faces

If at link you get the main page, just type in Crosling

Thanks Wyks!  Wonder how long it will take them to get her down here?

You're welcome Cece!  And yea, me too!  This is gonna be interesting to see. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: September 24, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

Well Monkeys I have to hand it to you.  I am at a total loss- ::MonkeyConfused::so I will just pray they find this poor child.  I cant read anymore of this thread.  If I see one more BobbyJoe -Tommy lee- Timmy boe- Peggy Sue-surgar babe-Donna May-Billy Bob I am going to blow my brains out.  Going back to the Ants-where cast is simple  :SIN SIN  George Lee and KC--see What I mean  a cast of 4 that is all I Can handle's  and of course Bozo  wish you all good sluthing
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: September 24, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »

Must be a cousin to   

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: September 24, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »

Just heard that Hank Croslin just left satsuma and NayNay wrote another letter, this time to her family....
Did it say if Lindsey and the kids went with him????
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

You mean maybe a title or related documents may have been forged?  I know we are in swampy territory and just making guesses though.  Speculating just might add to the already enormous mountain of rumors

Yes - that's what I was thinking.  And definitely speculation.  Like I said - I'm confused on the whole truck issue.

And you know I was kidding w/the Renfro and her broom comment on your avi, right? 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »

Do you know where Tommy went? Massachusets perhaps?  I'm so confused with Nay Nay and her jail time, is she still in jail?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/21102795/detail.html
Letter From Stepmom's Friend Released In Haleigh Case

Posted: 11:07 am EDT September 24, 2009Updated: 4:47 pm EDT September 24, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The last person believed to have seen six-year-old Haleigh Cummings alive has left her hometown area. But detectives said they're keeping a close eye on Misty Croslin-Cummings, the teenaged-step mom.

At the same time, a new letter surfaced (read letter) Thursday, alleging Haleigh died of an accidental drug overdose at her Satsuma home back in February.

Misty Croslin-Cummings, Haleigh's stepmother, has taken off for a few days. Eyewitness News was told she was in Orlando, possibly at Universal Studios, to clear her head after she and Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings had a disagreement.
Recently, Misty's brother told investigators she and Haleigh were not at home around 10:00pm the night Haleigh disappeared.

"You think someone knows something?" asked WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

"Absolutely and it's somebody right here locally," replied Chief Rick Ryan of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

Ryan said that the letter written by Kristina Prevatt signed, "naynay" divulged a possible tip that Haleigh was accidentally poisoned to death by Oxycontin, while her father was at work and his girlfriend Misty was partying, is not the focus of their investigation.

And that a search of a pond at the Mondex development outside of Satsuma was done before the letter surfaced.

The letter claims a friend of Misty's told investigators that once they realized Haleigh had been poisoned, they put her body in a black bag and dumped her into a pond.

"That has been theorized. We have been down this road long before the letter was generated," he said.

Investigators also knew a long time ago that Haleigh's father had called Misty's cell phone twenty times the night Haleigh disappeared, without getting an answer, but only released the information recently.

They confirmed for Eyewitness News that Ron Cummings then called Misty's brother and asked him to go to their home to check on Misty and Haleigh.

Misty's brother just told investigators last week, after the evidence surfaced that when he went to check their mobile home, no one was there.

"Did he tell Ron that though?" asked Kathi Belich. "Didn't he tell Ron that no one was home?"

"We're not gonna get into the conversations back and forth," Ryan replied.
A number of the friends, who were supposedly at a party with Misty the night Haleigh disappeared, are or were in jail. And one of them was allegedly Misty's on-again off-again ex-boyfriend at that time.

Haleigh Cummings was just five years old when she vanished in February. She disappeared between the night of February 9 and the morning of the tenth.

A little more than a month later, her father married 17-year-old Misty Croslin.

Misty was the last person believed to see Haleigh alive.

In August, Haleigh turned six and Misty took a lie detector test that the operator said she failed.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »

There is something real weird about that letter, imo.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: September 24, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

Must be a cousin to   

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: September 24, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »

Yes - that's what I was thinking.  And definitely speculation.  Like I said - I'm confused on the whole truck issue.

And you know I was kidding w/the Renfro and her broom comment on your avi, right? 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: September 24, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »

Well Monkeys I have to hand it to you.  I am at a total loss- ::MonkeyConfused::so I will just pray they find this poor child.  I cant read anymore of this thread.  If I see one more BobbyJoe -Tommy lee- Timmy boe- Peggy Sue-surgar babe-Donna May-Billy Bob I am going to blow my brains out.  Going back to the Ants-where cast is simple  :SIN SIN  George Lee and KC--see What I mean  a cast of 4 that is all I Can handle's  and of course Bozo  wish you all good sluthing
I hate to see you go, but I will be the first one to say how confusing this all is 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.