March 28, 2024, 04:43:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD # 5  (Read 528401 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3780 on: October 07, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »

Good Morning Monkey Friends - I hope you are all off to a good day.

Trimm - I will definitely say a prayer for your nephew - I hope that with lots of love and cuddling from his momma and some down home good rest he will kick that darn flu to the next county!!

NoRose I hope you are going to have a good day today - If ear plugs don't work do what mend do "Selective Hearing" - they seem to be good at not hearing a word a woman has to say unless of course they like what you are saying!!! 

Fanny I hope your back is improving with each day.

JSM thanks for this thread 

Thanks MISSION. I don't think my back will ever be better, but I am sure tolerating the pain a lot better now. I am able to get a decent amount of house work done, and most of the cooking. Son does a lot of the cooking, but he is in the middle of mid-term exams right now.
And Fanny, if the pain ever gets to the point for surgery, please talk it over with a couple of doctors, I know that I did, and by the time I got done, I thought no way. It is scary, and they wanted to put metal bars in my back, and told me I won't have as much range of motion. Really  who would have guessed that. So please, maybe even a chiropractor might help, it sure has for my husband's neck  an angelic monkey

I've already talked to three orthopedist and they all say "under the knife." I told them all to go to hell. I've already seen too many people in much worse shape afterwards. As long as I can crawl, I'll just keep on keeping on.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3781 on: October 07, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »

Could this be the one and only????

Andrea Lyon   September 9th, 2009 11:02 pm ET

The President's speech was amazing. If people actually listened to it, they should recoil from the fear mongers and understand that this is a moral issue and that we should do what it takes to pass health care reform.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/09/obama-nation-is-at-a-breaking-point-over-health-care/

That woman is totally effed in the head! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3782 on: October 07, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »

Sorry forgot my manners, Good Morning!

That's just what I look like in the morning before I have my coffee.  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3783 on: October 07, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »

NR- I feel for you, I got really depressed after my gpa passed away and we moved gma in...nothing seemed to work. Luckily I work with "scarey carrie" my other monkey daughter so she helps keep me cheery (well maybe not cheery but alive..lol)
please go to dr. it usually is better once you just force yourself to go..

I love SCARIE CARRIE! 

She said her mom posts her too. So now I get the connection.  Depression is a bad problem. I had a hard time after 9/11 and after my sister died last summer. It is not easy to deal with. I think depression and anxiety go hand in hand. It's a work in progress to stay on top of it and not slide back down.   an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3784 on: October 07, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »

Good morning monkeys,
sorry to post and run lastnight...a skimmed thru last few pgs and see someone was asking about getting swine flu more than once..
my 16 yr daughter was hospitalized a couple weeks ago with swine flu & pneumonia.  The dr says they can only get it once.  And they told us they chose around our area to only test ones that were hospitalized because the rapid tests were false pos and false neg too many times.  But, her test came back 7 days later so all it did was let us know she had it for sure.  they are treating anyone with high fever and respiratory issues with tamflu.....just what we were told for Southern Oregon
  an angelic monkey  I sure hope she is feeling better.  And I wanted to add, all the people on here are very nice, and wonderful people  an angelic monkey

Thanks for the info.   an angelic monkey
I think a lot of the confusion is treating for swine flu across the board in some places.They treated my DIL just like she had it to be on the safe side.
All the testing and talking confuses patients.I don't trust some of the tests either.I have seen fals positives in testing before.all I know is these poor kids are suffering.   an angelic monkey

Post more MunkMunk.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3785 on: October 07, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »

CC is missing.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #3786 on: October 07, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »

I love my scareycarrie too   she's the best ever!!! an angelic monkey
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3787 on: October 07, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

awww quite bein silly ur gonna make me blush   
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3788 on: October 07, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »

Good morning monkeys,
sorry to post and run lastnight...a skimmed thru last few pgs and see someone was asking about getting swine flu more than once..
my 16 yr daughter was hospitalized a couple weeks ago with swine flu & pneumonia.  The dr says they can only get it once.  And they told us they chose around our area to only test ones that were hospitalized because the rapid tests were false pos and false neg too many times.  But, her test came back 7 days later so all it did was let us know she had it for sure.  they are treating anyone with high fever and respiratory issues with tamflu.....just what we were told for Southern Oregon
  an angelic monkey  I sure hope she is feeling better.  And I wanted to add, all the people on here are very nice, and wonderful people  an angelic monkey

Thanks for the info.   an angelic monkey
I think a lot of the confusion is treating for swine flu across the board in some places.They treated my DIL just like she had it to be on the safe side.
All the testing and talking confuses patients.I don't trust some of the tests either.I have seen fals positives in testing before.all I know is these poor kids are suffering.   an angelic monkey

Post more MunkMunk.  

Daughter is doing good now.  scareycarrie had swine flu too but she didn't get hospitalized.  She wanted to bring me somethings to hospital & see her lil sissy but they said she couldn't come in so she went to the window and they talked on cell phones to each other it was sweet...then the next day we snuck her in Monkey Devil!  SC is a sweetie!!!! an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3789 on: October 07, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

Trimm - so sorry to hear about the little guy being so ill.

I have been following the whole debate about vaccine vs no H1N1 vaccine up here pretty closely.  Here it is in a nutshell:

Older people are not as suspectable to the H1N1 virus as they would have developed some level of immunities from the Spanish flu back in the day if they were exposed to it.

People who received a regular flu shot in the past  are presenting more cases of contacting the swine flu (coincidence?  who knows but the news up here shows a research study that you are twice as likely to get H1N1 if you had seasonal flu shots in the past http://iphone.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/09/25/h1n1-seasonal-flu.html.)  Reports of studies suggesting that getting the seasonal flu shot makes people more susceptible to H1N1.  I believe most provinces up here except for a few have now opted to delay the seasonal flu shot until they have the H1N1 shot available.

Canada has decided to use an adjuvant or immunity-boosting chemical in the vaccine, while the United States has opted for one composed wholly of dead fragments of the H1N1 virus.

Experts admit that the H1N1 vaccine is being rolled out with great haste, but argue they have no other choice as they brace for a second wave of the pandemic. (so my question is, when will they know the true side effects once hundred of thousand of people are inoculated?  GlaxoSmithKline unveiled results of a preliminary study of its vaccine, noting that a single dose confers almost 100 per cent immunity from H1N1 three weeks after vaccination. The results were from a clinical trial involving 130 healthy volunteers, aged 18 to 60.  Sorry, but the test group is not large enough to remotely represent all the scenarios - which was more dangerous shot vs virus?)

Those who have confirmed cases of H1N1 should not get the vaccine. That's because their immune systems could overreact horribly.

Canada has had several confirmed cases of Tamiflu resistant strains of H1N1

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #3790 on: October 07, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

Good Morning Monkey Friends - I hope you are all off to a good day.

Trimm - I will definitely say a prayer for your nephew - I hope that with lots of love and cuddling from his momma and some down home good rest he will kick that darn flu to the next county!!

NoRose I hope you are going to have a good day today - If ear plugs don't work do what mend do "Selective Hearing" - they seem to be good at not hearing a word a woman has to say unless of course they like what you are saying!!! 

Fanny I hope your back is improving with each day.

JSM thanks for this thread 
I appreciate that, but my day has already started out with a bang. But, with so many people having such problems with themselves or family members, I feel guilty talking about it. But, I really need to call the doctor, but I'm afraid.

Give me the phone # NOROSE. I'll call your doctor for you. You usually start out pretty good in the morning, and by evening you are a basket case. Call your doctor, PLEASE??? We are worried about you.  an angelic monkey
I'm going to have too. I left for a walk, and my neighbor stopped me for a good 45 minutes to tell me about the fight he got into with the association, I then told him what I've been through with them. He is going to get paperwork together for the neighbors to sign to get the association out of here, and get new people on the board. He was so upset, I thought he was going to collapse, so I tried to calm him down. They are targeting him, and it is bad, and he has had eggs thrown at his car, he is very upset.

OMG are you serious????  WTH and these are grown adults?  What a bunch of frigging losers - that is awful - has someone called the police?  Did you call the Doc yet? 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3791 on: October 07, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »

Good morning monkeys,

Thanks for the info.   an angelic monkey
All the testing and talking confuses patients.I don't trust some of the tests either.I have seen fals positives in testing before.all I know is these poor kids are suffering.   an angelic monkey

Post more MunkMunk.  

Daughter is doing good now.  scareycarrie had swine flu too but she didn't get hospitalized.  She wanted to bring me somethings to hospital & see her lil sissy but they said she couldn't come in so she went to the window and they talked on cell phones to each other it was sweet...then the next day we snuck her in Monkey Devil!  SC is a sweetie!!!! an angelic monkey

I'm really not surprised to hear that about SC. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3792 on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

I have been following the whole debate about vaccine vs no H1N1 vaccine up here pretty closely.  Here it is in a nutshell:

Older people are not as suspectable to the H1N1 virus as they would have developed some level of immunities from the Spanish flu back in the day if they were exposed to it.

People who received a regular flu shot in the past  are presenting more cases of contacting the swine flu (coincidence?  who knows but the news up here shows a research study that you are twice as likely to get H1N1 if you had seasonal flu shots in the past http://iphone.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/09/25/h1n1-seasonal-flu.html.)  Reports of studies suggesting that getting the seasonal flu shot makes people more susceptible to H1N1.  I believe most provinces up here except for a few have now opted to delay the seasonal flu shot until they have the H1N1 shot available.

Canada has decided to use an adjuvant or immunity-boosting chemical in the vaccine, while the United States has opted for one composed wholly of dead fragments of the H1N1 virus.

Experts admit that the H1N1 vaccine is being rolled out with great haste, but argue they have no other choice as they brace for a second wave of the pandemic. (so my question is, when will they know the true side effects once hundred of thousand of people are inoculated?  GlaxoSmithKline unveiled results of a preliminary study of its vaccine, noting that a single dose confers almost 100 per cent immunity from H1N1 three weeks after vaccination. The results were from a clinical trial involving 130 healthy volunteers, aged 18 to 60.  Sorry, but the test group is not large enough to remotely represent all the scenarios - which was more dangerous shot vs virus?)

Those who have confirmed cases of H1N1 should not get the vaccine. That's because their immune systems could overreact horribly.

I got my doctors last dose of seasonal flu shot the other day. He ordered much more dosages, but they haven't all come in and he didn't know when they will have them. Hubby and Son are going to Kroger Pharmacy to get theirs. This whole deal of shoving the H1N1 immunization through so fast has got me spooked.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3793 on: October 07, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

CC is missing.   

I hope CC doesn't have the swine flu!!   

They were working on the computers where he worked last Friday. I wonder if they have got him blocked from using it to talk to us.   

CC, I'm sorry I was mean to you!!!! 

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3794 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »

Fanny,

I adore your pumpkin butt! makes me want one of those, uh, pumpkin roll cakes with cream cheez yummyness inside ( was gonna make one the other day, then thought, how in the h3ll is that gonna work, so i settled for bannan nut bread)

ANYWAYS....

That owl sniffin your booty is too funny
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3795 on: October 07, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »

Two more things about H1N1.  Since the summer of 2008 the WHO as well as medical think tanks knew that there were both Tamiflu resistant and Relenza resistant strains of H1N1 and it was CASUED by a flu shot which included a vaccine for a sub clade of H1N1 which had been replaced by a mutation of the original virus.

H1N1 is not one strain.  It has mutated from the original strain into sub clades now.  They have isolated sub clades  as :

Solomon Islands (clade 2A)
Brisbane (clade 2B)
Hong Kong (clade 2C)

<snipped>
Thus, the H1N1 vaccine that targeted Solomon Island/3/2006 (clade 2A) which was circulating with clade 2B and 2C in 2006/2007 had reduced efficacy in 2007/2008 because clade 2A had been completely replaced by clade 2B and clade 2C.  

Attempts to remedy this mis-match led to the changing of the H1N1 target for the 2008/2009 season from Solomon Island/3/2006 (clade 2A) to Brisbane/59/2007 (clade B).

However, while the mis-matched H1N1 was used to vaccinate worldwide in 2007/2008, clade 2B was spreading resistance to both neuraminidase inhibitors, Tamiflu (oseltamivir) and Relenza (zanamivir), while clade 2C was spreading resistance to the M2 channel blockers, amantadine and rimantadine.

The resistance to Tamiflu has captured the most attention.  In Norway, the majority of H1N1 isolates have H274Y.  Percentages above 50% have been reported in Norway and double digit frequencies have been reported in many northern countries, including France, Russia, and Canada.  The H274Y has appeared on multiple Brisbane clade 2A sub-clades, supporting independent introductions via recombination.  This pattern has also been see in Relenza resistance which was on clade 2A in 2006/2007 and in clade 2B in 2007/2008.  The vaccine mismatch has allowed clade 2B to spread worldwide, facilitating the spread of Tamiflu resistance.

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/07170804/H274Y_Vaccine.html
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3796 on: October 07, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »

Looking forward to decorating cookies with you an becca bec, sunday, kinda excited to make them too!!

do you have food coloring? i have some but not sure what all colors i have, might need to mix some frosting with color at ur house if ya have any...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3797 on: October 07, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »

Thanks,NorthernRose.   

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3798 on: October 07, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »

Fanny,

I adore your pumpkin butt! makes me want one of those, uh, pumpkin roll cakes with cream cheez yummyness inside ( was gonna make one the other day, then thought, how in the h3ll is that gonna work, so i settled for bannan nut bread)

ANYWAYS....

That owl sniffin your booty is too funny

For you!
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3799 on: October 07, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »

Looking forward to decorating cookies with you an becca bec, sunday, kinda excited to make them too!!

do you have food coloring? i have some but not sure what all colors i have, might need to mix some frosting with color at ur house if ya have any...

yes, hve food coloring....maybe we can make a "fanny cookie" and post it for her  Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.