April 28, 2024, 07:47:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128536 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by Linda on the front page of SM.  Linda lives in Aruba:

Hey Klaasend..how are you..
The judge decided today that the 3 suspects stay suspects.
So Karin Jansen has 5 months to come up with some new evidence
I really thought that they would let the Kalpoes go,but not Joran..guess I was wrong.
Anyway ,have a nice day…

I am wondering if this is good news or not.  Not sure what it means exactly.  Does it mean they cannot be extradicted or tried in the Netherlands.  I wish Linda could supply us with some information about this as far as the legal ramifications.  I know that on its face, it sounds wonderful, but just wondering if they are just going to hold them as suspects until the five months is up, the anniversary of Natalee's disappearance and then say, "Case closed.  We have nothing and they cannot be tried in NL now."  

For sure Arleen was right about one thing:  I don't understand their legal system.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »

Red is working on getting verification of that news.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2006, 03:05:29 PM »

Klaas....will we know the name of the judge.... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"

I thought we already knew it was Smit or Smid (I forget)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »

I heard smid but who the hell really knows  Confused
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2006, 03:11:07 PM »

Tyler, I know I've read here recently that the Netherlands could bring charges in Netherlands against the suspects as they are Dutch citizens.  Now, I don't recall who said it, and don't know if it is true as I don't "know their system."  But, if they could not bring charges, then why even send Dutch investigators and why would de Vries do his show?  So, it seem to me, logically, that the Dutch could bring charges against them in Netherlands.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2006, 03:11:21 PM »

I really thought that they would let the Kalpoes go,but not Joran..guess I was wrong.
Anyway ,have a nice day…

Woo Hoooo!! At least they still have a little bit of sense  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

Maybe Dana can contact Jossy and get some more information on this...just a thought...

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

Maybe Dana can contact Jossy and get some more information on this...just a thought...

My guess Red is trying to contact Jossy right now.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2006, 03:14:04 PM »

However, I wonder if the Dutch are waiting to see what Aruba will do first.  If Aruba brings charges and takes them to trial, then the Dutch will most likely back off and let them proceed.  I wonder if the Dutch have to wait on Aruba to take action or close the case.  What a dilemma.  If the Arubans take them to trial and find them not guilty due to lack of evidence, will the Dutch then respect that verdict and drop it?  If the Arubans close the case, without a trial, will the Dutch then proceed to bring charges and a trial against them?  I'd rather take my chances on a Dutch trial than an Aruban trial...

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Can't verify the bat story, but VV may well be one of the FAB7 . At least info adds up, could also be someone else who may know of him posting as him.

Hi all,

I don't know if Viet Vet is who he says he is or not.  What I will say is that it's very possible Robin and Dave don't know anything about him or what HE may have heard.  Viet Vet is a friend of Beth and Jug's and would probably not even know Dave and Robin.

I agree Klaas.  In the very beginning we didn't even see Beth and Dave together so how would she know Jug's friends.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Can't verify the bat story, but VV may well be one of the FAB7 . At least info adds up, could also be someone else who may know of him posting as him.

Hi all,

I don't know if Viet Vet is who he says he is or not.  What I will say is that it's very possible Robin and Dave don't know anything about him or what HE may have heard.  Viet Vet is a friend of Beth and Jug's and would probably not even know Dave and Robin.

I agree Klaas.  In the very beginning we didn't even see Beth and Dave together so how would she know Jug's friends.

There was groups of friends going off in different directions hearing different rumors.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2006, 03:26:24 PM »

Anyway ,have a nice day…

I am happy about this decision I thought it would have went the other way.  On the same note I find it sad that I have to be happy about Aruba making a ruling that 3 kidnappers, rapists, murderers stay as suspects for another 5 months.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2006, 03:30:54 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
However, I wonder if the Dutch are waiting to see what Aruba will do first.  If Aruba brings charges and takes them to trial, then the Dutch will most likely back off and let them proceed.  I wonder if the Dutch have to wait on Aruba to take action or close the case.  What a dilemma.  If the Arubans take them to trial and find them not guilty due to lack of evidence, will the Dutch then respect that verdict and drop it?  If the Arubans close the case, without a trial, will the Dutch then proceed to bring charges and a trial against them?  I'd rather take my chances on a Dutch trial than an Aruban trial...

The Dutch would do well to stand over Aruba and monitor what it is they are doing...sorta like if you want something done right, do it your self...

Bring Natalee home...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2006, 03:34:08 PM »

Anyway ,have a nice day…

I am happy about this decision I thought it would have went the other way.  On the same note I find it sad that I have to be happy about Aruba making a ruling that 3 kidnappers, rapists, murderers stay as suspects for another 5 months.

Karin Janssen doesn't need five months to come up with some new evidence because she will be gone by then.  Isn't she suppose to leave in January 2007.  Or are they going to give her a special extension Rolling Eyes .
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »

Anyway ,have a nice day…

Karin Janssen doesn't need five months to come up with some new evidence because she will be gone by then.  Isn't she suppose to leave in January 2007.  Or are they going to give her a special extension Rolling Eyes .

Maybe that would be the best thing to happen.......

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »

San, you echo my thoughts exactly... Wink

Bring Natalee home...
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2006, 03:39:17 PM »

Anymore, I don't even know if it would be better for Janssen to be gone.  Maybe the new prosecutor would do a more up front and honest job of it.

BRING NATALEE HOME
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2006, 03:51:36 PM »

Since Robots isn't around i'll say it.....

GONE GONE GONE BEST BEST BEST

THE END OF DR EVIL AND HIS EVIL OFFSPRING

I HATE THEM ALL BYE BYE

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
I think we should be careful not to mention his name.  This bothers me that everyone wants his identity and certainly with the information he has, that could put his family and himself at risk.  I am pretty sure he is a valid person and pretty sure I know who is it is but pretty sure I am not going to say anymore here about it.  We need to be as careful as we can of identifying sources with information, down to their home addresses and phone numbers, and I would think that Red & Klaas would not want that done here.  I hope my mod is having a good day as she certainly deserves it and we all need to do the Rodney King thing at least while Klaas is gone.  

If we out this guy, a good source has dried up because he will be reluctant to post what he knows if you are going to spread his name all over the WWW.

That makes perfect sense, Tyler.  While a lot of us may like to know certain identities, I am satisfied that Klaas, Red, Tom, and Mrs Red check and re-check sources and trust their judgement.  There are just certain things that, while we may be curious about, we just don't need to know.  Does that make sense?  I'm not sure I'm saying exactly what I mean.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.