April 27, 2024, 07:54:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128466 times)
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

It is 5+ months, if I count correctly to the 2-year-anniversary period at which time they could no longer be considered suspects, or do I count wrong?

Today is Dec 7, 2006.  They were arrested June 9, 2005.  6 months plus 1 or 2 days left before 2 years is up.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2006, 05:24:51 PM »

Maybe I sould stock up on popcorn and call in sick tomorrow, could get pretty wild.  Could be a record day for MELTDOWNS.   I hope the dogs will be ok.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
3 months versis 5 months

KJ asked for 3 more months but they have approx 5 more months until the endof the 2 years.  Who knows?

Another Aruban flimflam Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad

.........if only I could jump back and forth like ROBOTS.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

It is 5+ months, if I count correctly to the 2-year-anniversary period at which time they could no longer be considered suspects, or do I count wrong?

Today is Dec 7, 2006.  They were arrested June 9, 2005.  6 months plus 1 or 2 days left before 2 years is up.

Today is Dec 7, 2006. 65 years since the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  RIP the many souls that tragically and unexpectedly lost their lives that day.  

http://www.homeofheroes.com/pearlharbor/index.html

Crying or Very sad
Freebird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2006, 05:29:27 PM »

Hi everybody.   Score one for truth and justice, the only thing surprising about J2K remaining suspects is that it appears to be the right decision.   After reading Deetch's satire yesterday I started thinking, it really would not surprise me if Joran had been released and the Kalpoes remained suspects.  How the heck did Paul get released anyway? (rhetorical)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Ono"
Tyler:

Go to Amazon books and type in Clarissa Dickson Wright...this book is about four or five down the page. It is a TOTAL KEEPER. Her co-author is Sir John Scott, Bt  (Johnny to his friends). Did you know she used to be a barrister ? Sunday Roast is published by Headline Book Publishing, division of Hodder.

I loved watching the Two Fat Ladies!  Very interesting women.  Most of the time I wasn't sure what kind of meat they were dealing with but that was okay.  Loved the motorcycle and sidecar.  Such beautiful scenery used as background.

Weren't they delightful ?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
I do love green peas but as my #3 put it when he was about 4 regards brussel sprouts, "Mother, I don't like the collard balls, don't make me eat them."

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

(I HATE brussel sprouts)

I hate brussel sprouts too, but this recipe is awesome and I will eat the heck out of it...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25025,00.html?rsrc=search

Thanks for this.........am going to give it a whirl.
Freebird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
3 months versis 5 months

KJ asked for 3 more months but they have approx 5 more months until the endof the 2 years.  Who knows?

Another Aruban flimflam Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad

.........if only I could jump back and forth like ROBOTS.

It is meaningless anyway whether they are released as suspects today or 3 months from now or 10 years from now.  At any point that new evidence is discovered they can be re-arrested and/or brought to trial.  

For public opinion purposes, this was a really poor decision to request that they be released.   I do not understand why they went forward with that, what would have been the harm in just waiting out the statutory period?    Especially for K2, as they have been out of the hotseat of public criticism for some time now.  This only draws further attention to them and at least plants the seed that there remains some compelling evidence of their criminal involvement.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I do love green peas but as my #3 put it when he was about 4 regards brussel sprouts, "Mother, I don't like the collard balls, don't make me eat them."

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

(I HATE brussel sprouts)

I hate brussel sprouts too, but this recipe is awesome and I will eat the heck out of it...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25025,00.html?rsrc=search

Thanks for this.........am going to give it a whirl.

Wink
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »

Tyler:

Go to Amazon books and type in Clarissa Dickson Wright...this book is about four or five down the page. It is a TOTAL KEEPER. Her co-author is Sir John Scott, Bt  (Johnny to his friends). Did you know she used to be a barrister ? Sunday Roast is published by Headline Book Publishing, division of Hodder.

Going to do exactly that.  Now I can entertain David Stone if he ever decides to leave Mottisfont and visit the Southern USA again.

Absolutely. You will be mightily prepared! Very Happy
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2006, 05:37:27 PM »

Tyler:

I loved watching the Two Fat Ladies!  Very interesting women.  Most of the time I wasn't sure what kind of meat they were dealing with but that was okay.  Loved the motorcycle and sidecar.  Such beautiful scenery used as background.

Weren't they delightful ?

I ordered three books. Embarassed  Embarassed  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Did the mention of collard balls scare everyone away?

It was the first thing I read after logging on.  Yea, it was a little scary.   Shocked  Laughing  

p.s.  I didn't know what grits were until last month (Alton Brown, the Food Channel.  He said it's like polenta - that I get!) and I'm still trying to figure out Huckleberry pie.  I do remember a book about Huck Finn.   Idea

When you think "grits" think "how do I prefer mashed potatoes?"....add plenty of salt & pepper and butter for starters....and please cook them long enough so that they are NOT loose and runny, but have substance! Add garlic too, and whatever else you want! Very Happy
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2006, 05:38:56 PM »

Well, it is clearly six more months and I just want them named as suspects every minute of every day that the law allows.

BLAH,
Is the LineUp on tomorrow or Saturday night?  I am not sure and don't want your popcorn to get stale!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2006, 05:41:31 PM »

Is that what coolard balls are?...brussel sprouts?

I sure hope so because the other option just sounds painful !!

Laughing....LOL!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2006, 05:42:10 PM »

Posted by Easywriter at T4N.  I'm assuming this is coming from Jossy but I can't be sure:

Yes. It is confirmed. All three remain as suspects, as we supposed, because their lawful period of time to remain as suspects will be over within three months anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's from Jossy as well. I had asked Easy to e-mail me if he heard from Jossy, and he sent me the same thing Klaas has quoted above.

I Stand With The Girl
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »

Is that what coolard balls are?...brussel sprouts?

Yes.  I believe it was Tyler that started that collard balls business.  At least my daughter thought they were baby cabbages!

I am relieved to know that collards do not have balls.

Laughing Except on Aruba. Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »

O/T

I will never get this dripping water when it is below freezing straight.  I just got a call to tell me to be sure I disconnet the water hose from all the outside faucets or they will freeze.

What the heck is that about?  Now I have to don coats and gloves and go do that.  Makes no sense to me nor does the dripping water other than to keep the water moving within the pipes.

And does this water have to be dripping at EVERY sink or lavatory?  Seems very wasteful.    He said the one the fartherest from where the water enters the house but how do I know where it enters the house?  I think I know but am not positive enough to risk frozen pipes on it.

Imagine every house with water dripping in every outlet over hundreds of thousands of homes.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
O/T

I will never get this dripping water when it is below freezing straight.  I just got a call to tell me to be sure I disconnet the water hose from all the outside faucets or they will freeze.

What the heck is that about?  Now I have to don coats and gloves and go do that.  Makes no sense to me nor does the dripping water other than to keep the water moving within the pipes.

And does this water have to be dripping at EVERY sink or lavatory?  Seems very wasteful.    He said the one the fartherest from where the water enters the house but how do I know where it enters the house?  I think I know but am not positive enough to risk frozen pipes on it.

Imagine every house with water dripping in every outlet over hundreds of thousands of homes.

Anna, don that coat.  Yes, dripping water is moving water and anything moving with water is less likely to dehydrate and "burst."   We have sprayed our plants with Wiltpruf after watering all morning.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
BB,
Well, then we need to be a little more exact.  I do not recall his ever claiming to be a pharmacist.  I thought he said he had a drug store, meaning perhaps owns the store but might or might not be a RPh??
It has been my experience that one store can employ more than one pharmacist as most of them do not want to work twelve hours, seven days, etc.

I just hope he is not offended by the questioning of his character when so much is accepted from so many without question or verification of any kind even when they post inaccurate information repeatedly.

But I do urge all in the forum to read the Front Page regularly and the comments there as this is where the bulk of the traffic to this site go.  You can go to the site meter and check the Entry and Exit pages and see that by far more traffic circulates on the Front Page than back here in the Forum, some days it is over twenty to one visits going only to the Front Page.  

There are some very good posters there many of whom have been posting for a very long time.  If one has something important to say, I'd say the Front Page is the place to get it seen the most.  I try to read daily there and need to make sure that I do.

Thanks for your effort in this regard.

I remember him posting that he owned several pharmacies.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Did the mention of collard balls scare everyone away?

It was the first thing I read after logging on.  Yea, it was a little scary.   Shocked  Laughing  

p.s.  I didn't know what grits were until last month (Alton Brown, the Food Channel.  He said it's like polenta - that I get!) and I'm still trying to figure out Huckleberry pie.  I do remember a book about Huck Finn.   Idea

When you think "grits" think "how do I prefer mashed potatoes?"....add plenty of salt & pepper and butter for starters....and please cook them long enough so that they are NOT loose and runny, but have substance! Add garlic too, and whatever else you want! Very Happy

Even cheese, shrimp and bell pepper.  Mushrooms, shrimp, bell pepper and diced tomatoes, um good.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.