April 28, 2024, 06:51:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128532 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2006, 05:47:27 PM »

Anna, let me add.  It is more important to have the inside faucets dripping that are on an outside wall.  I do not do that in my bathroom but do so in my garden tub because it and the shower are on the outside wall and will freeze faster.  The toilet and lava bowls are inside other rooms that are part of that bathroom, but have four rooms to it which includes a closet (which is on the inside wall, go figure).  They should have put that tub and shower on the inside wall and then they could have more easily connected my pot filler in the kitchen at the coffee bar and kept my pipes from freezing all at the same time.  (Plus saving me a lot of money when I wanted a pot filler at the coffee bar).

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »

Well, I have three outside faucets and am not sure I can get the hose lose on all of them, it's too tight so it will not leak.  Will try rubber thingy for removing tight lids on jars.

Also about GRITS, some people have been known to put jelly or honey in them with butter as well but I am sure I don't know anybody who would do that.   Embarassed Just at breakfast.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »

Quote from: "Freebird"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "klaasend"
3 months versis 5 months

KJ asked for 3 more months but they have approx 5 more months until the endof the 2 years.  Who knows?

Another Aruban flimflam Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad

.........if only I could jump back and forth like ROBOTS.

It is meaningless anyway whether they are released as suspects today or 3 months from now or 10 years from now.  At any point that new evidence is discovered they can be re-arrested and/or brought to trial.  

For public opinion purposes, this was a really poor decision to request that they be released.   I do not understand why they went forward with that, what would have been the harm in just waiting out the statutory period?    Especially for K2, as they have been out of the hotseat of public criticism for some time now.  This only draws further attention to them and at least plants the seed that there remains some compelling evidence of their criminal involvement.

For public opinion purposes, this was a really poor decision to request that they be released.
 I do not pretend to understand the workings of the judicial system in aruba, but I see no reason that public opinion should be adversely effected with J2K remaining suspects and named as such. Infact it would seem to clarify their status, in the publics eyes...and their own. IMO.

Especially for K2, as they have been out of the hotseat of public criticism for some time now.
Since they have no pleabargain status in Aruba, and JVDS has been in the" hotseat " again, with Mr DeVries work, and Jossy's editotials,  so.... they're in.

This only draws further attention to them and at least plants the seed that there remains some compelling evidence of their criminal involvement.
Bingo

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2006, 05:51:08 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Well, it is clearly six more months and I just want them named as suspects every minute of every day that the law allows.

BLAH,
Is the LineUp on tomorrow or Saturday night?  I am not sure and don't want your popcorn to get stale!

I guess i'm not sure but I thought that message said tomorrow.  Maybe I beter check again, wouldnt want stale popcorn now would we  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2006, 05:53:31 PM »

Off I go into the dark and frozen tundra.  Heck, might be easier to just turn the water on full blast all night and forget about it!!   Evil or Very Mad

Also was just told warm water freezes faster than cold water.  Like it wouldn't become cold water before it froze?? Evil or Very Mad

Thanks, Tyler.  Will use that as a dripping guide and we have at least two nights in low teens so this is not just a one night thing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »

Well, I have three outside faucets and am not sure I can get the hose lose on all of them, it's too tight so it will not leak.  Will try rubber thingy for removing tight lids on jars.

Also about GRITS, some people have been known to put jelly or honey in them with butter as well but I am sure I don't know anybody who would do that.   Embarassed Just at breakfast.

Stick your tongue on one of them, I triple dog dare you !!

Laughing  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
[

Laughing  Laughing

Hardy har har!  I'll get you for that, Blah!   Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

Off I go into the dark and frozen tundra.  Heck, might be easier to just turn the water on full blast all night and forget about it!!   Evil or Very Mad

Also was just told warm water freezes faster than cold water.  Like it wouldn't become cold water before it froze?? Evil or Very Mad

Thanks, Tyler.  Will use that as a dripping guide and we have at least two nights in low teens so this is not just a one night thing.

Anna, go back to nursing school.  Remember how it was dangerous to dip the child who was burning up with a fever into cold water.  The same principle applies here.  Your hot water, the cold air --- shock --- shock!  Boom!!!!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2006, 06:00:17 PM »

OMG, Anna, no, do not put your tongue on the cold faucet.  I grew up in Ohio.  Every year we had one very naive (well...stupid) kid lick the flagpole or the bike rack on a dare.  Very painful result.

BRING NATALEE HOME
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »

[

Laughing  Laughing

Hardy har har!  I'll get you for that, Blah!   Very Happy

I knew you were too smart to fall for it   Wink
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »

I have to confess, Anna, I don't understand the dripping water, unhook the faucets thing, either.  But then, it's about 75 degrees here now, so I think I'll leave my hose hooked up to the faucets.  My marigolds are thirsty.  Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »

Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2006, 06:11:26 PM »

Anna, attached outside hoses contain residual water. When water freezes, it expands. If any residual water remains in you outside silcocks or faucets it will freeze and expand and damage those items. A very common problem in regular freezing areas.

Dripping out side won't work because the water will eventually form icicles and freeze back up to and into the faucet.

As Tyler says dripping water on outside wall fixtures or were underfloor plumbing might not be insulated is a good thing.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »

O/T

I will never get this dripping water when it is below freezing straight.  I just got a call to tell me to be sure I disconnet the water hose from all the outside faucets or they will freeze.

What the heck is that about?  Now I have to don coats and gloves and go do that.  Makes no sense to me nor does the dripping water other than to keep the water moving within the pipes.

And does this water have to be dripping at EVERY sink or lavatory?  Seems very wasteful.    He said the one the fartherest from where the water enters the house but how do I know where it enters the house?  I think I know but am not positive enough to risk frozen pipes on it.

Imagine every house with water dripping in every outlet over hundreds of thousands of homes.

if you cant get the hoses off....use some VISE GRIPS

the only HOSE in aruba is _ _ _ _ _  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2006, 06:14:04 PM »

Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

For the same reason I'm worried about my pipes freezing in Tennessee. It's going to be 18 degrees here the next two nights.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »

Oh and warm/hot water does not freeze faster than cold water, that's one of those socalled urban myths.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2006, 06:14:08 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by Linda on the front page of SM.  Linda lives in Aruba:

Hey Klaasend..how are you..
The judge decided today that the 3 suspects stay suspects.
So Karin Jansen has 5 months to come up with some new evidence
I really thought that they would let the Kalpoes go,but not Joran..guess I was wrong.
Anyway ,have a nice day…

I am happy about this decision I thought it would have went the other way.  On the same note I find it sad that I have to be happy about Aruba making a ruling that 3 kidnappers, rapists, murderers stay as suspects for another 5 months.

Karin Janssen doesn't need five months to come up with some new evidence because she will be gone by then.  Isn't she suppose to leave in January 2007.  Or are they going to give her a special extension Rolling Eyes .
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2006, 06:15:44 PM »

I live in Michigan and it gets and stays friggen cold and I never do the things you are talking about, never had a problem.  The only thing I do is unhook the hoses and store them for the winter.  If you have a water pipe that is exposed to the air (as in not buried or anything) for several feet you might want to insulate it but other than that, the odds of your pipes freezing ae pretty darn close to zero.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

For the same reason I'm worried about my pipes freezing in Tennessee. It's going to be 18 degrees here the next two nights.  Sad

BT, I live in Central Alabama and we have had 18 degrees for the past three days; it is getting really cold tonight.  Brrr, brrr.  If I were you I would snuggle up to BT, he has a nice coat.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

18 degrees for 2 nights is not going to make your pipes freeze and burst.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.