April 27, 2024, 11:12:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128505 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

Anna

You just don't want water in the spigots.  If you can't get the hose off, just make sure you don't have one of those adjustable ends that shut off water (twist) but the spigot is still open. Then just drain as much water out of hose as you can.
Tyler is right about the indoor faucets that have pipes running by an outside wall.  Let the water drip a little and open any cupboard doors to let the heat from the house get to the back wall.

blah
Your bruss. sprouts will be on my Xmas menu.

Tyler
Somebody told me that smoked turkey was the best turkey they ever had.  Does it taste like hotdogs or smoked sausage?? Sometimes all the smoked stuff tastes the same to me. I'm debating about trying one. TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »

SM tree project update.  Not done yet but getting closer  Wink  Laughing

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/smtree8.jpg
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2006, 06:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
I live in Michigan and it gets and stays friggen cold and I never do the things you are talking about, never had a problem.  The only thing I do is unhook the hoses and store them for the winter.  If you have a water pipe that is exposed to the air (as in not buried or anything) for several feet you might want to insulate it but other than that, the odds of your pipes freezing ae pretty darn close to zero.

Blah, our houses are not insulated nor pipes buried as well as they are in the frozen tundra, because they think in this area we are in the South, so when it gets this cold this quick, went from about 80 one day to 19 that night, it is hard on plants and the pipes.  I lose more roses in that kind of weather than I do when it drops gradually through the season.  One Christmas Eve, it went from 79 that afternoon to 4 degrees by the next morning and although I had watered the roses and sprayed with Wiltpruf, I still lost 7.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2006, 06:19:18 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Anna

You just don't want water in the spigots.  If you can't get the hose off, just make sure you don't have one of those adjustable ends that shut off water (twist) but the spigot is still open. Then just drain as much water out of hose as you can.
Tyler is right about the indoor faucets that have pipes running by an outside wall.  Let the water drip a little and open any cupboard doors to let the heat from the house get to the back wall.

blah

Tyler
Somebody told me that smoked turkey was the best turkey they ever had.  Does it taste like hotdogs or smoked sausage?? Sometimes all the smoked stuff tastes the same to me. I'm debating about trying one. TIA

for all of the mileage I'm getting out of that recipe, I should have claimed to create it !!!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted by Linda on the front page of SM.  Linda lives in Aruba:

Hey Klaasend..how are you..
The judge decided today that the 3 suspects stay suspects.
So Karin Jansen has 5 months to come up with some new evidence
I really thought that they would let the Kalpoes go,but not Joran..guess I was wrong.
Anyway ,have a nice day…

I am happy about this decision I thought it would have went the other way.  On the same note I find it sad that I have to be happy about Aruba making a ruling that 3 kidnappers, rapists, murderers stay as suspects for another 5 months.

Karin Janssen doesn't need five months to come up with some new evidence because she will be gone by then.  Isn't she suppose to leave in January 2007.  Or are they going to give her a special extension Rolling Eyes .

Oops..sorry..left out my post. Embarassed

In five months the time limit for Natalee's case will be officially up in Aruba. Whether KJ is in Aruba then, or in back Holland, it won't matter...Perhaps she will be the head prosecutor, or assist in the prosecution in Holland when this case goes to trial there? (Because I really think it will go to trial there--the Dutch there are not stupid and will want this case to go forward, I think. Aruba is a thorn in Holland's side.)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

For the same reason I'm worried about my pipes freezing in Tennessee. It's going to be 18 degrees here the next two nights.  Sad

18 degrees for 2 nights is not going to make your pipes freeze and burst.

Maybe we have different water in the south.  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »

A work of art....
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
I live in Michigan and it gets and stays friggen cold and I never do the things you are talking about, never had a problem.  The only thing I do is unhook the hoses and store them for the winter.  If you have a water pipe that is exposed to the air (as in not buried or anything) for several feet you might want to insulate it but other than that, the odds of your pipes freezing ae pretty darn close to zero.

Blah, our houses are not insulated nor pipes buried as well as they are in the frozen tundra, because they think in this area we are in the South, so when it gets this cold this quick, went from about 80 one day to 19 that night, it is hard on plants and the pipes.  I lose more roses in that kind of weather than I do when it drops gradually through the season.  One Christmas Eve, it went from 79 that afternoon to 4 degrees by the next morning and although I had watered the roses and sprayed with Wiltpruf, I still lost 7.

Well, I will kinda agree with Blah that an overnight cold snap probably isn't really anything to be too concerned about. Residual heat from the interior will probably keep most all interior plumbing ok.

It's still prudent to disconnect exterior hoses in winter time.

Around here an extended cold spell of several days without going above freezing is what really gets attention for plumbing, especially in trailer parks and then only with uninsulated plumbing.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

Anna

blah

Tyler

It is much better than "regular" baked turkey or any other way I have had it except barbecued.  I buy them smoked from Honey Baked Ham or Logan's Farm, Williams-Sonoma, etc., (whoever has the price du jour).  I am not particularly fond of those I have eaten that people cook on their smoker, but I suspect all that I have eaten that way was done by ameteurs.  Smoked turkey that is done right tastes very similar to honey baked ham.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:44 PM »

Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

For the same reason I'm worried about my pipes freezing in Tennessee. It's going to be 18 degrees here the next two nights.  Sad

18 degrees for 2 nights is not going to make your pipes freeze and burst.

Maybe we have different water in the south.  Laughing  Laughing

thats would explaint ALOT of things !!!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

JUST KIDDING, DONT KILL ME !!!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »

It is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for your hard work on it.

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »

A work of art....

WOW, I mdae the tree !!!!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Well, I will kinda agree with Blah that an overnight cold snap probably isn't really anything to be too concerned about. Residual heat from the interior will probably keep most all interior plumbing ok.

It's still prudent to disconnect exterior hoses in winter time.

Around here an extended cold spell of several days without going above freezing is what really gets attention for plumbing, especially in trailer parks and then only with uninsulated plumbing.

You really do not know since you have never lived here, but we get far worse damage from something like this than we would in mid January when it drops to single digits, because it has had time to gradually cool off.  See that is another urban myth about the earht's temperature.  Did you know that you would expect the west side to be warmer at sundown?  Nope.  I learned that Sunday from a professor at Auburn who said the temperature drops so rapidly on the west side, that it does more damage than on the east side where it has gradually declined throughout the day.  

See, we Alabamians have lived through frozen, burst pipes too many years to think it will not be bad.  We have awakened to enough water for cats to swim in before when we did not take care to protect our pipes.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »

Tyler

Thanks....I actually buy the Honey Baked Ham...maybe this year I'll do the turkey...I've just always cooked a regular turkey (with bacon on it...don't tell anybody).  Wink
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:31 PM »

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:34 PM »

Anna

blah

Tyler

It is much better than "regular" baked turkey or any other way I have had it except barbecued.  I buy them smoked from Honey Baked Ham or Logan's Farm, Williams-Sonoma, etc., (whoever has the price du jour).  I am not particularly fond of those I have eaten that people cook on their smoker, but I suspect all that I have eaten that way was done by ameteurs.  Smoked turkey that is done right tastes very similar to honey baked ham.

Heh, heh, my good neighbor brought over a large pan of smoked turkey for me this Thanksgiving. Don't know if it was because they just wanted to get rid of it or if they thought they were treating me. Anyhow it didn't taste all that much different from regular turkey to me.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
JOE TACOPINA will be on EVERY CHANNEL ha can find

Twisted Evil

i hope he has another BLOW UP

Twisted Evil

what channel will he be on, gimmie a phone number, i'll make him blow up

Laughing Collard Balls !
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2006, 06:27:51 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Anna

blah

Tyler

Heh, heh, my good neighbor brought over a large pan of smoked turkey for me this Thanksgiving. Don't know if it was because they just wanted to get rid of it or if they thought they were treating me. Anyhow it didn't taste all that much different from regular turkey to me.

See, I agree with you on that.  I cannot much tell any difference when the home cookers do it, but when you buy it from a quality place like Logan's, Honey Baked Ham or Williams-Sonoma, there is definitely a difference.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: December 07, 2006, 06:28:18 PM »

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

y'all must have crappy pipes down there, i'm gonna send all y'all new pipes for christmas   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.