April 28, 2024, 09:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128543 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

Water pipes are just about six inches deep in the ground in many places.  Houses like mine over fifteen years old don't have any insulation in the floor at all.  The pipes are just under the house with nothing on them.  No wrapping or anything, just plastic pipes under there.  Exposed floor joists like in an attic without insulation.  But thankfully the attic has insulation.  Seldom do floors.  

Not only have they frozen before in other house but when they thawed they were all cracked open and water was pouring out of them through the walls!!  Flooded kitchen, too.  So they DO freeze and it is impossible to find a plumber when that happens as well,

ROBOTS,

Great idea, vicegrip!  Must find one as it is sort of frozen already.   Shocked

Supposed to be down to thirteen degrees tonight.  Sorry for all the Off Topic chatter but there are several posters in the Deep South who need to do these things as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2006, 06:29:51 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Quote from: "robots"
JOE TACOPINA will be on EVERY CHANNEL ha can find

Twisted Evil

i hope he has another BLOW UP

Twisted Evil

what channel will he be on, gimmie a phone number, i'll make him blow up

Laughing Collard Balls !

UNcollard ......

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2006, 06:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

y'all must have crappy pipes down there, i'm gonna send all y'all new pipes for christmas   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, you know must of us live in those hillbilly shacks, so we're just glad to have any plumbing at all.  Laughing  Laughing  Razz

I Stand With The Girl
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »

Oh, Buckeye, you have to try the smoked turkey from Honey Baked Hams!  It is to die for.  Get the gravy to go with it. Yummmy.   Very Happy

BRING NATALEE HOME
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

Maybe I sould stock up on popcorn and call in sick tomorrow, could get pretty wild.  Could be a record day for MELTDOWNS.   I hope the dogs will be ok.

Jolly Time, here we come ! Laughing Call in sick.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2006, 06:32:23 PM »

Blah, you are too much!   Laughing   Yup, those are definitely uncollared.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2006, 06:32:43 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "Tylergal"

It is 5+ months, if I count correctly to the 2-year-anniversary period at which time they could no longer be considered suspects, or do I count wrong?

Today is Dec 7, 2006.  They were arrested June 9, 2005.  6 months plus 1 or 2 days left before 2 years is up.

Today is Dec 7, 2006. 65 years since the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  RIP the many souls that tragically and unexpectedly lost their lives that day.  

http://www.homeofheroes.com/pearlharbor/index.html

Crying or Very sad

Yes...lest we forget. Crying or Very sad
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

Water pipes are just about six inches deep in the ground in many places.  Houses like mine over fifteen years old don't have any insulation in the floor at all.  The pipes are just under the house with nothing on them.  No wrapping or anything, just plastic pipes under there.  Exposed floor joists like in an attic without insulation.  But thankfully the attic has insulation.  Seldom do floors.  

Not only have they frozen before in other house but when they thawed they were all cracked open and water was pouring out of them through the walls!!  Flooded kitchen, too.  So they DO freeze and it is impossible to find a plumber when that happens as well,

ROBOTS,

Great idea, vicegrip!  Must find one as it is sort of frozen already.   Shocked

Supposed to be down to thirteen degrees tonight.  Sorry for all the Off Topic chatter but there are several posters in the Deep South who need to do these things as well.

Sounds like y'all need to update your building codes down there.  Frozen pipes should not even be a concern.  Gimme the phone number for the building inspector, i'll straighten this mess out   Laughing
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Oh, Buckeye, you have to try the smoked turkey from Honey Baked Hams!  It is to die for.  Get the gravy to go with it. Yummmy.   Very Happy

Now I am soooo hungry..

Anna

Careful with the visegrips...you don't want to turn the whole spigot.  If frozen use a hairblower at connection.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

y'all must have crappy pipes down there, i'm gonna send all y'all new pipes for christmas   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, you know must of us live in those hillbilly shacks, so we're just glad to have any plumbing at all.  Laughing  Laughing  Razz

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Tyler:

Go to Amazon books and type in Clarissa Dickson Wright...this book is about four or five down the page. It is a TOTAL KEEPER. Her co-author is Sir John Scott, Bt  (Johnny to his friends). Did you know she used to be a barrister ? Sunday Roast is published by Headline Book Publishing, division of Hodder.

I loved watching the Two Fat Ladies!  Very interesting women.  Most of the time I wasn't sure what kind of meat they were dealing with but that was okay.  Loved the motorcycle and sidecar.  Such beautiful scenery used as background.

Weren't they delightful ?

I ordered three books. Embarassed  Embarassed  Laughing

Hot damn ! Very Happy  I've decided to order two more myself!
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:43 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

Now I am soooo hungry..

Anna

Careful with the visegrips...you don't want to turn the whole spigot.  If frozen use a hairblower at connection.

Heh, heh, yeah, just don't step in any standing water while using the hair blower.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2006, 06:37:23 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Did the mention of collard balls scare everyone away?

It was the first thing I read after logging on.  Yea, it was a little scary.   Shocked  Laughing  

p.s.  I didn't know what grits were until last month (Alton Brown, the Food Channel.  He said it's like polenta - that I get!) and I'm still trying to figure out Huckleberry pie.  I do remember a book about Huck Finn.   Idea

When you think "grits" think "how do I prefer mashed potatoes?"....add plenty of salt & pepper and butter for starters....and please cook them long enough so that they are NOT loose and runny, but have substance! Add garlic too, and whatever else you want! Very Happy

Even cheese, shrimp and bell pepper.  Mushrooms, shrimp, bell pepper and diced tomatoes, um good.

Absoluterly! Very Happy
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »

Blah,

LOL. BT, the Henig fur people moved here from Chicago and went on a cruise although being warned that the weather during Christmas could drop to single digits, and they (being from Chicago) thought nothing of it.  They returned to find their house was a lake.   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2006, 06:39:15 PM »

Heh, heh, Geico caveman at Psychotherapist.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2006, 06:40:56 PM »

Well, I have three outside faucets and am not sure I can get the hose lose on all of them, it's too tight so it will not leak.  Will try rubber thingy for removing tight lids on jars.

Also about GRITS, some people have been known to put jelly or honey in them with butter as well but I am sure I don't know anybody who would do that.   Embarassed Just at breakfast.

Adding: Cold, leftover grits are great fried in butter the next day! Add lots of freshly ground black tellicherry pepper & some garlic to taste. Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:14 PM »

Blah,

LOL. BT, the Henig fur people moved here from Chicago and went on a cruise although being warned that the weather during Christmas could drop to single digits, and they (being from Chicago) thought nothing of it.  They returned to find their house was a lake.   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, that's kinda because building codes in Chicago would generally prevent the possiblity of that occuring.

Guess the fur people never checked into what the local building codes of their structure allowed for.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:22 PM »

Don't forget!

The Dana Pretzer Show Tonight - 9 PM - Special Guests Attorney Jay Paul Deratany, Dave Holloway, Pat Pedraja, and Bree Smith

The Dana Pretzer Show for tonight will feature these special guests.

Atty Jay Paul Deratany
(Melinda Duckett family atty in the Trenton Duckett case)

Dave Holloway with updates with the Natalee Holloway case

Pat Pedraja, an 11 year old boy in Florida who has leukemia … doing a great deed.  The Driving for Donors campaign for the Bone Marrow Registry.

Bree Smith, sister of missing Honeymooner, George Smith

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio/  
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Buckeye"

Now I am soooo hungry..

Anna

Heh, heh, yeah, just don't step in any standing water while using the hair blower.

Oh, dear.  Now I'll worry about Anna till she gets back and we know she managed to get the hose disconnected without hurting herself.

BRING NATALEE HOME
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:44 PM »

Off I go into the dark and frozen tundra.  Heck, might be easier to just turn the water on full blast all night and forget about it!!   Evil or Very Mad

Also was just told warm water freezes faster than cold water.  Like it wouldn't become cold water before it froze?? Evil or Very Mad

Thanks, Tyler.  Will use that as a dripping guide and we have at least two nights in low teens so this is not just a one night thing.

All you need to do is let the water in the faucets slowly drip to keep pipies from freezing.
On outside faucets, turn off from inside and turn on or open them on the outside.
In the cellar, leave a light bulb on.
Trust me, I am the Queen of frozen waterlines and have learned the hard way.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.